PDA

View Full Version : Vote For Yi

IndyRealist
01-02-2009, 08:27 PM
John Schuhmann's analysis is here. (http://www.nba.com/2009/news/features/john_schuhmann/01/01/schuhman_analysis.allstar.results.20090101/index.html)

The one line that stands out for me is, "At forward, the Nets' Yi Jianlian is still a threat to beat out Kevin Garnett for the second starting forward spot and actually gained a little ground (1,127 votes) on Garnett over the last week."

I don't think Yi deserves to be anywhere near the All Star game. But neither does Garnett. His cocky attitude is wearing thin on fans and players alike. His "intensity" amounts to little more than trash-talking and hard fouls. His assaults on smaller players are almost a nightly occurence.

Fact of the matter is, Yi isn't an All Star. But he's the only Eastern Conference forward who has the ability to unseat Garnett. Someone needs to send the NBA a message that this behavior is unnecessary and won't be tolerated, and if David Stern won't do it, then fans should. Vote. Vote every day. Vote for Yi.

Kevin Garnett elbows 6'5" sophomore Marco Belinelli:
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=C0tiQ01BhGM&feature=related

Kevin Garnett taunts 6'5" Marco Belinelli after a flagrant foul (not called):
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=sAfp6ZCsvGc

Kevin Garnett taunts 6'3" Jose Calderon:
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Arh5bmAsWb0

Kevin Garnett taunts 6'3" rookie Jaryd Bayless:
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=_YysS4vCKis

Kevin Garnett punches Andrew Bogut:
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=i890j4Gi1C0&feature=related

Frrrrank!!!
01-02-2009, 08:30 PM
We get this already, you hate KG, he is a *****, a punk. PSD has killed these threads..:horse:

Goon.Weezy
01-02-2009, 08:34 PM
i agree vote for Yi

theRealDealGSW
01-02-2009, 08:39 PM
i would vote for yi but i will leave the 3 billion asians in china to do that. garnett is a poon.

superkegger
01-02-2009, 08:40 PM
:rolleyes:

jtrinaldi
01-02-2009, 08:44 PM
just vote for yi to teach the nba there is something wrong with letting the people over seas vote

kfranks22
01-02-2009, 08:56 PM
How about this, you vote for the best player. It's that kind of logic that get's Vince Carter voted in year after year because he had a cool dunk 10 years prior.

lakers4sho
01-02-2009, 09:14 PM
I vote for Yi regularly just for fun :)

BlondeBomber41
01-02-2009, 09:19 PM
Whats the point? KG will just end up as a reserve.

I would rather Yi not get voted in and a DESERVING player make it with KG starting.

theuuord
01-02-2009, 09:39 PM
lol, good to hear that All-Star voting is still getting under people's skin.

ee
01-02-2009, 09:44 PM
How about this, you vote for the best player. It's that kind of logic that get's Vince Carter voted in year after year because he had a cool dunk 10 years prior.

VC got voted in when he was in toronto, as a starter...He had a whole country behind him then..He only started once after toronto because he filled an injured spot, I think it's either Wades or Iverson's.....VC's only other all star appearances as a Net were voted by the coaches.....

stawka
01-02-2009, 09:49 PM
OK... So we have 2 choices here.

Vote for a Hall-of-Famer who has gone through many great seasons without a championship. Plays every game like it's his last. Led a lottery team to a great first year (Championship), puts on a show for the crowd. Who now has a lot of fans that dislike him.

OR

Vote for a Chinese player who has done NOTHING in the league. Will continue to do NOTHING in the league, will NEVER put on a show for the crowd, will NEVER be a Hall-of-Famer, will NEVER win a ring as the number 1,2 or even 3 option...

I'll take my chances and vote for the guy everyone hates - KG. This China BS taking over the NBA is really ridiculous. Someone like Yao who was injured ALL of last year up to the All-Star game, was voted to start. It's becoming a growing trend which makes the NBA even more of a joke.

Take out China's voting, and Yi would have less votes then Antoine Walker.

lakers4sho
01-02-2009, 09:55 PM
It's not really a "trend" IMO. It's just that China exists and you have to deal with it.

MrBloop
01-02-2009, 10:02 PM
John Schuhmann's analysis is here. (http://www.nba.com/2009/news/features/john_schuhmann/01/01/schuhman_analysis.allstar.results.20090101/index.html)

The one line that stands out for me is, "At forward, the Nets' Yi Jianlian is still a threat to beat out Kevin Garnett for the second starting forward spot and actually gained a little ground (1,127 votes) on Garnett over the last week."

I don't think Yi deserves to be anywhere near the All Star game. But neither does Garnett. His cocky attitude is wearing thin on fans and players alike. His "intensity" amounts to little more than trash-talking and hard fouls. His assaults on smaller players are almost a nightly occurence.

Fact of the matter is, Yi isn't an All Star. But he's the only Eastern Conference forward who has the ability to unseat Garnett. Someone needs to send the NBA a message that this behavior is unnecessary and won't be tolerated, and if David Stern won't do it, then fans should. Vote. Vote every day. Vote for Yi.

Kevin Garnett taunts 6'5" Marco Belinelli after a flagrant foul (not called):
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=sAfp6ZCsvGc

Kevin Garnett taunts 6'3" rookie Jaryd Bayless:
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=_YysS4vCKis

I guess some people think the NBA stands for the "National Beyatch Association" like this guy Indyrealist

Quit whining and complaining about a guy who's the sole reason Boston doesn't get sh1t on, on the defensive end every night.

I don't want that lying sack of **** Yi going anywhere...I thought the Chinese were smart:eyebrow: they should know better.

They need to start elminating scrubs like him from the ballot.

MrBloop
01-02-2009, 10:09 PM
I mean is thread is fckn joke...hey Indyrealist, are you a pacer fan??? do you remember those two goons known as the "Davis Boys". Talk about dirty fouls and cheapshots...mygod.

I'm an old school Knick fan, and although I despise anything Boston, KG has been Boston's MVP since he got there.

theimortalone
01-02-2009, 10:13 PM
I agree man. **** voting for a player that has no Talent whatsoever. I would rather vote for a future hofer instead of a chinese player that will never be half as good as Yao. Its a shame that he is gonna get into the allstar game because of China. :pity:

TheHoopsProphet
01-02-2009, 10:26 PM
im voting for Yi. but only to highlight what a ridiculous and trivial process all-star voting is. it has nothing to do with KG. but as long were on the same page about who were voting for, thats all that matters.

JJ81
01-02-2009, 11:03 PM
I'd rather Yi was there... but he doesn't deserve to be.

dre1990
01-02-2009, 11:39 PM
I have an idea..............vote for chris bosh

_Sn1P3r_
01-02-2009, 11:56 PM
Agreed. Just vote him and Bron or something. ^

marvILLous
01-03-2009, 12:03 AM
chris bosh sounds good.. if you're not gonna vote KG, vote bosh. why the **** would you vote yi? lol

Driven
01-03-2009, 12:04 AM
The All-Star Game for the fans to watch who they want to see. If the fans vote them in, they deserve it, plain and simple.

AMC31
01-03-2009, 12:23 AM
Vote Bosh!

GSW fan
01-03-2009, 12:23 AM
yi sucks tho......

IversonIsKrazy
01-03-2009, 12:29 AM
i'll vote 4 Yi then... hey guys check this out, KG gets elbowed by a 6'7 guard and does nothing.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=bPgRW48vNsQ&feature=related

Giaps
01-03-2009, 01:13 AM
I want to see Yi make it so the NBA revises this whole ****** voting process. I made a thread on this last year when Yi was on it and it's progressively gotten worse.

op12
01-03-2009, 01:20 AM
you guys are losers if you think this is a good idea. grow up. half the guys in the nba are punks and do what kg does. get over it.

Nets fan 93
01-03-2009, 01:32 AM
I do :D

IndyRealist
01-03-2009, 01:40 AM
The NBA's changed since the days of the "Davis Boys". In the 90's, it was good solid defense. These days, it's a flagrant foul. Multiple threads have popped up here about how an Elgin Baylor or Wilt couldn't "make it" in today's NBA. NBA players have to adapt to the times. The rules have changed, KG hasn't. TV commentators are saying publicly that the Celtics are daring the ref's to call every dirty play. And they're not. Two of the plays I highlighted are from the same game, one was called, then KG does it again because he knows the NBA wants him in games and not fouled out on the bench. He's worse than someone who abuses the rules, he's completely ignoring them.

This isn't about Yi not deserving to be in the All-Star game, it's about Garnett not deserving to be in the All-Star game. If Bosh were even close to unseating Garnett, I'd say vote for Bosh. But he isn't, Yi is our best chance. Send a message that Garnett is a no-class hack who can't compete within the rules. Send a message that he should pick on someone his own size. Heck, send a message that the All-Star balloting system is horrible.

Vote for Yi.

blacknell
01-03-2009, 01:49 AM
so people don't like garnett or something? YI?

ee
01-03-2009, 02:01 AM
The NBA's changed since the days of the "Davis Boys". In the 90's, it was good solid defense. These days, it's a flagrant foul. Multiple threads have popped up here about how an Elgin Baylor or Wilt couldn't "make it" in today's NBA. NBA players have to adapt to the times. The rules have changed, KG hasn't. TV commentators are saying publicly that the Celtics are daring the ref's to call every dirty play. And they're not. Two of the plays I highlighted are from the same game, one was called, then KG does it again because he knows the NBA wants him in games and not fouled out on the bench. He's worse than someone who abuses the rules, he's completely ignoring them.

This isn't about Yi not deserving to be in the All-Star game, it's about Garnett not deserving to be in the All-Star game. If Bosh were even close to unseating Garnett, I'd say vote for Bosh. But he isn't, Yi is our best chance. Send a message that Garnett is a no-class hack who can't compete within the rules. Send a message that he should pick on someone his own size. Heck, send a message that the All-Star balloting system is horrible.

Vote for Yi.
I really don't see what's wrong with how KG plays anyways, I watch pretty much any of their games as long it isn't the same time as the Nets.....Like you, I'm old school, I loved how Kmart played for Jersey and I thought it's the right way to play the forward position.....Intimidate the young up and comers to lose confidence in the game, but true ballers shows up during these times.....

.When Van Horn was a rookie, Garnett gave him a cheap shot, KVH didn't back down, it brings up the intensity of the game, it's more exciting and fun.....Jkidd does it with other young point guards from time to time.....it's physical and it should be the name of the game......

still1ballin
01-03-2009, 02:09 AM
Vote for Yi!

IndyRealist
01-03-2009, 01:43 PM
I really don't see what's wrong with how KG plays anyways, I watch pretty much any of their games as long it isn't the same time as the Nets.....Like you, I'm old school, I loved how Kmart played for Jersey and I thought it's the right way to play the forward position.....Intimidate the young up and comers to lose confidence in the game, but true ballers shows up during these times.....

.When Van Horn was a rookie, Garnett gave him a cheap shot, KVH didn't back down, it brings up the intensity of the game, it's more exciting and fun.....Jkidd does it with other young point guards from time to time.....it's physical and it should be the name of the game......

I wish the NBA was back to the way it was in the Jordan era, unfortunately it isn't. The league has made rules against rough defense, against shoving players around, against behavior that could instigate fights. In other words, they've legislated against how Garnett plays. If it was this year I could understand him not adjusting yet, but these rules were in place well before KG ever left the T-wolves. If Shaq's even adjusted by now, why hasn't KG? Because the sum totality of his vaunted "defense" amounts to unsportsman-like behavior that was abolished years ago.

Vote for Yi.

MiamiHeat
01-03-2009, 02:22 PM
I vote for Shawn Marion and Michael Beasley so there goes the forward spots :)

KobeIs
01-03-2009, 03:16 PM
how about we just dont vote for either.

i'm chinese, and don't think Yi should make it.

rapswin98
01-03-2009, 03:29 PM
people need to get smart and vote for bosh

Nadhi1
01-03-2009, 03:44 PM
Vote Bosh. Don't vote for Yi or Kg?

MiamiHeat
01-03-2009, 03:45 PM
people need to get smart and vote for bosh

I'll wait until he makes a video :)

kingjanjic
01-03-2009, 04:31 PM
i agree vote for Yi

u people make me sick, the nba should have a rule for this ********, if YI makes the allstar team, i will laugh at the NBA, they should automatically kick him out and say his hurt and replace him with BOSH,

this is sicking, Yi isnt even the top 3 on his own team, how the *** u gonna have this fool playing with lebron, kobe, wade, iverson, tmac? he should be playing with the rookies in the summer league and i bet he wouldnt even deserve to make the summer league allstar team:clap:

Im a lakers fan, i dont really like KG's attitude etheir, but he trys his best every game, and is the only complete player in the game, he is a allstar at any age, it will be a embarassment to the NBA if Yi is picked over Garnett

It is already a embarassment that Yi has more votes then Bosh

FlawlessKB24
01-03-2009, 04:38 PM
I've been voting for Yi since day 1. bwahhahahaha

C'MON GUYS JOIN THE MOVEMENT. EAZY YI ALL-STAR '09!!!

MiamiHeat
01-03-2009, 04:40 PM
no I will not follow the movement :)

It would be hilarious to see him starting in the allstar games though :p

theuuord
01-03-2009, 04:44 PM
lol @ the indignance of people here.

OH NOES!!!!

Westbrook36
01-03-2009, 04:47 PM
Kevin Garentt is 10000000000000x better then Yi. Not a chance in hell I would vote for Yi.

td0tsfinest
01-03-2009, 04:47 PM
I hate the fact KG's been this year, the Jose Calderon thing should've have been a tech, the Jared Bayless thing should've been an ejection. He's acting like a real idiot, trash talking is part of the NBA but he takes it to another level, something you never want kids to do or imitate . And a lot of kids look up to this guy. Let your game speak for you, not your mouth.

Westbrook36
01-03-2009, 04:49 PM
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=i890j4Gi1C0&feature=related[/QUOTE]

Thats a Normal rebound..

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=C0tiQ...eature=related

No he didnt. It's called a tough screen..

Thats good, Hes so intense isnt crazy.

I have no problem with any of these three.

theuuord
01-03-2009, 04:51 PM

Thats a Normal rebound..[/QUOTE]

After Bogut kicked him...

Westbrook36
01-03-2009, 04:54 PM

Both these are fine. With Marco I call that a Flop..

with Jose Claderon I call that Intense, If he actually did something bad where he punch him for no reason then thats bad, He did nothing but say your not comming into my house basicall, It's a game and it's suppose to be intense.

Westbrook36
01-03-2009, 04:54 PM
Thats a Normal rebound..

After Bogut kicked him...[/QUOTE]

Exactly, Bogut kicked him and he punched him back.

FlawlessKB24
01-03-2009, 04:55 PM
Kevin Garentt is 10000000000000x better then Yi. Not a chance in hell I would vote for Yi.

he most definitely is
but Yi is sick! hahahahaha

Yi would be the biggest joke in NBA History, and would definitely cause changes in fan voting. VOTE FOR EAZY YI

the one that gets me pissed is Allen Iverson. His stats are basically identical to Derrick Rose. And he's not having a better season than Devin Harris or Rondo for that matter. SMH at fans voting AI

And dont even get me started on TMac. that is a disgrace

Westbrook36
01-03-2009, 04:56 PM
he most definitely is
but Yi is sick! hahahahaha

Yi would be the biggest joke in NBA History, and would definitely cause changes in fan voting. VOTE FOR EAZY YI

the one that gets me pissed is Allen Iverson. His stats are basically identical to Derrick Rose. And he's not having a better season than Devin Harris or Rondo for that matter. SMH at fans voting AI

I wouldnt watch the game if Yi is starting.

I agree Im a fan of Iverson but I think Derrick Rose should be in the All-Star game.

MiamiHeat
01-03-2009, 04:57 PM

truely a disgrace, I think TMac will be force to give up the starting job to CP3

City of Angels
01-03-2009, 04:58 PM
yi stats are 9 ppg and 6rpg. that doesnt deserve an all-star spot.

MiamiHeat
01-03-2009, 05:08 PM
yi stats are 9 ppg and 6rpg. that doesnt deserve an all-star spot.

tell that to the chinese

what54!?
01-03-2009, 05:11 PM
chris bosh anyone?

theuuord
01-03-2009, 05:12 PM
lol @ people mad at the Chinese when fans do the same thing for their own players all the time

I vote for Shawn Marion and Michael Beasley so there goes the forward spots :)

IndyRealist
01-03-2009, 05:14 PM
Again, this has nothing to do with Yi deserving to be an All Star. I started this thread because Kevin Garnett definitely does not deserve it. He flagrantly breaks the rules knowing that he is protected from the officials, because he's on the defending champs. If Mutombo can't wag his finger at a player, then why can KG get into a guard's face half his size? He's a throwback to 20 years ago, and should be officiated like everyone else in the league.

Make the league understand that we're sick of this behavior. Make the league officiate fairly. Make the league see the flaws in the All Star balloting process. Whatever your reason, make your vote count.

Vote for Yi.

rapswin98
01-03-2009, 05:44 PM
if Yi is an all star then bargnani is a superstar. everyone europe should vote for bargs cause italy cant do it alone. there has to be over 1 billion people in europe.

still1ballin
01-03-2009, 05:52 PM
I'm actually going to start to vote for him. If he gets in, they you know there will be changes in the voting so it won't happen again. Go Yi!

blacknell
01-03-2009, 06:14 PM
why would anybody vote for a guy who averages 9 points and 6 boards a game? he is not all- star material he wouldn't even start on most teams

Nate David+ Co.
01-03-2009, 06:34 PM
ok, KG has made some " bad plays" but honestly the thing agianst Bellinelli was a flop, the italians LOVE to flop( i know alot about italy) there whole soccer plan was get in the penalty box and flop. IF GI OR WHATEVER HIS NAME IS GETS IN, SOULJA BOY WILL BE MY NEW IDOL. F china. suwo dave

Brew Crew
01-03-2009, 06:37 PM
ok, KG has made some " bad plays" but honestly the thing agianst Bellinelli was a flop, the italians LOVE to flop( i know alot about italy) there whole soccer plan was get in the penalty box and flop.

Or maybe...you know, to play defense?...:rolleyes: But it's ok, bring up the game against Australia...Because anyone would've done it, and besides that...What else is he supposed to do after that wreckless tackle in the box? Any defender stupid enough to do that deserves the call.

IF GI OR WHATEVER HIS NAME IS GETS IN, SOULJA BOY WILL BE MY NEW IDOL. F china. suwo dave

I hope your goal of this entire post wasn't to be taken seriously.

Westbrook36
01-03-2009, 06:41 PM
Again, this has nothing to do with Yi deserving to be an All Star. I started this thread because Kevin Garnett definitely does not deserve it. He flagrantly breaks the rules knowing that he is protected from the officials, because he's on the defending champs. If Mutombo can't wag his finger at a player, then why can KG get into a guard's face half his size? He's a throwback to 20 years ago, and should be officiated like everyone else in the league.

Make the league understand that we're sick of this behavior. Make the league officiate fairly. Make the league see the flaws in the All Star balloting process. Whatever your reason, make your vote count.

Vote for Yi.

Kevin Garnett has barely done anything this year, The Bogut thing he got kicked. The First Marco one he didnt even lower his shoulder, Thats a flop. The Jose Calderon is perfectly fine, Saying "Dont come into my house" is fine, Then Calderon got back at him after he dished the ball, It's called Basketball not little Pony Ball.

Im not sick of anything, The second to Marco was alittle shoulder dip, Kevin Garnett is just playing the game at a high level. The Bayless thing wasnt right but It's not like hes punching anyone, Hes just talking trash, every player dose it, Do you see Favre do it all the time? It's fine and it's part of the game, I like it because we know the other player will come back and do it. It's harmless.

Just stop your hate for KG.

MiamiHeat
01-03-2009, 06:41 PM
lol @ people mad at the Chinese when fans do the same thing for their own players all the time

I'm not billions of people lol
I barely vote, when I remember....
I don't see Marion or Beasley being at the top of the forwards list

You can't compare me to billions of people in china voting everyday

theuuord
01-03-2009, 06:58 PM
I'm not billions of people lol
I barely vote, when I remember....
I don't see Marion or Beasley being at the top of the forwards list

You can't compare me to billions of people in china voting everyday

Oh, so it's okay to be biased, as long as it's not too many people that agree with you?

lol at THAT.

MiamiHeat
01-03-2009, 07:11 PM
Oh, so it's okay to be biased, as long as it's not too many people that agree with you?

lol at THAT.

exactly

is like when you cheat

if you get caught
your a cheater
if you cheat and don't get caught
your savvy

a little south park reference :p

rapswin98
01-03-2009, 07:31 PM
ok, KG has made some " bad plays" but honestly the thing agianst Bellinelli was a flop, the italians LOVE to flop( i know alot about italy) there whole soccer plan was get in the penalty box and flop. IF GI OR WHATEVER HIS NAME IS GETS IN, SOULJA BOY WILL BE MY NEW IDOL. F china. suwo dave:bs:

IndyRealist
01-03-2009, 07:33 PM
Kevin Garnett has barely done anything this year, The Bogut thing he got kicked. The First Marco one he didnt even lower his shoulder, Thats a flop. The Jose Calderon is perfectly fine, Saying "Dont come into my house" is fine, Then Calderon got back at him after he dished the ball, It's called Basketball not little Pony Ball.

Im not sick of anything, The second to Marco was alittle shoulder dip, Kevin Garnett is just playing the game at a high level. The Bayless thing wasnt right but It's not like hes punching anyone, Hes just talking trash, every player dose it, Do you see Favre do it all the time? It's fine and it's part of the game, I like it because we know the other player will come back and do it. It's harmless.

Just stop your hate for KG.

Do we honestly think Bogut was going for a flying jump kick on KG? Really? It was an accidental kick, punching someone in the face is intentional.

"A little shoulder dip" is a foul. He also still had forward momentum, which is a foul. A shoulder dip plus forward momentum is a tackle, which is an intentional, non-basketball foul. Flagrant 1.

Saying "Don't come into my house" is a technical foul. It's taunting and unsportsmanlike conduct, especially when you're getting into someone's face. Again, if Mutombo can't wag his finger at someone, then KG can't do something similar. Espcially bark like a dog.

It's not harmless, it destroys the integrity of the game when KG can get away with taunting, but Mutombo can't. The NBA specifically made rules against this sort of behavior and defensive schemes because they induce fights. Why is KG allowed to do it again?

If you really feel like there's nothing wrong with KG this year, then by all means vote for him. But if you've noticed how many times he's been on sportscenter for all the wrong reasons, if you're sick of unfair officiating and star protection, if you think KG is tarnishing his reputation with his antics, then send the NBA a message.

Vote for Yi.

MagicBucsSox
01-03-2009, 07:36 PM
yi yi its a joke if he makes allstar no they should take away fan voting

on another note my man dwight leads the league easily by like 300k over kobe

blacknell
01-03-2009, 07:52 PM
they shouldn't let the chinese people even vote.. All their votes should be void because if there was a chinese SG they would pick him over Lebron.. YI sucks he shouldn't be invited to a high school all star game

Brew Crew
01-03-2009, 08:29 PM
:bs:

Thank. You.

theuuord
01-03-2009, 08:44 PM
exactly

is like when you cheat

if you get caught
your a cheater
your savvy

You're not Eric Cartmenez and the Chinese aren't white people.
They're not cheating. at all.

prodigy
01-03-2009, 08:54 PM
we should all vote for sucky people. how bout this for starting 5.

SAM DALEMBERT
yi
sasha pavs
luke rinour
damon jones

fans should not vote.

Frrrrank!!!
01-03-2009, 08:55 PM
exactly

is like when you cheat

if you get caught
your a cheater
your savvy

"How do I reach these kiiiiiiids?" lol

amare#1
01-03-2009, 08:58 PM
As much as Yi doesn't deserve to be there, I would prefer to see him there than see KG assault Western Conference players during the game.

what54!?
01-03-2009, 09:06 PM
ray allen was right with his comments about all-star voting

Arac
01-03-2009, 09:53 PM
Honestly, Kevin Garnett is just getting a whole lot of hate these days..

I couldn't stand it when he got suspended for hitting Andrew Bogut. As anyone can clearly see in the video, he got multiple hits to the face aswell. As a continuation of the play, he hit Bogut. Calling a foul would've pissed me off already, but suspending the guy for this is just outrageous. He wasn't the only one throwing a hit or two in the air. Basketball is tough, deal with it.

The Calderon thing I loved. KG taunted him, then Jose answered his taunts, and what I saw was a more competitive basketball game. Funny thing is, with KG getting so much hate, no one mentions that after Jose had a nice assist, the first thing he did was run up to The Kid and yell right in his face. This is what makes the game great, the competitiveness. He did nothing wrong taunting Jose, nor Jose did anything wrong tauting him back.

As to the Marco Bellinelli screnns, they were hard screens. You can obviously see that KG leaned into Marco to make sure that the screen would be effective. I remember him doing something like that to Zaza Pachilia in Game 7 against the Hawks, and I will quote Mark Jackson:

"That's a hard play, not a dirty play. It's up to his teammates to let him know that a screen is coming."

Yes, KG leaned into Marco, to make sure he got Pierce open. Although I really think that Garnett's hit was not hard enough to knock him to the ground, that is a foul, and it got called. In the other Bellinelli foul, it was the same thing. He leaned in to make sure Marce couldn't keep up. Is that a foul? Yes, but not dirty. If you're gonna cry about these screens in the NBA, don't play there. I didn't see any tauting, honestly. Marco and Rondo got tangled up and there was a little altercation between Marco and Tony Allen. KG cleared them both, and I couldn't see who started talking first.

And honestly, if you're gonna complain about what happened with Jerry Bayless, then I honestly dunno what to say... He did NOTHING wrong. He crawled to him, in a burst of emotion that he has done COUNTLESS times, even back in his losing days. He talked to nobody, nor did he hit anybody. There is nothing to be said about this. I do remember a bit of taunting in this game later on. Bayless was happy to respond them.

Yi as an all-star is a joke. Ray is completly right. Fan voting is an absurd, if taken into this level. The truth is that Kevin Garnett is one of the best PFs in the league, and his spot should not be taken away as a started because he's starting to get so much hate. Hard fouls are not cheap shots, not dirty play. Stop being a boy and complaining so much.

Ray is like an abyss of wisdom. He once said that NBA = No Boys Allowed.

IndyRealist
01-03-2009, 10:19 PM

I couldn't stand it when he got suspended for hitting Andrew Bogut. As anyone can clearly see in the video, he got multiple hits to the face aswell. As a continuation of the play, he hit Bogut. Calling a foul would've pissed me off already, but suspending the guy for this is just outrageous. He wasn't the only one throwing a hit or two in the air. Basketball is tough, deal with it.

The Calderon thing I loved. KG taunted him, then Jose answered his taunts, and what I saw was a more competitive basketball game. Funny thing is, with KG getting so much hate, no one mentions that after Jose had a nice assist, the first thing he did was run up to The Kid and yell right in his face. This is what makes the game great, the competitiveness. He did nothing wrong taunting Jose, nor Jose did anything wrong tauting him back.

As to the Marco Bellinelli screnns, they were hard screens. You can obviously see that KG leaned into Marco to make sure that the screen would be effective. I remember him doing something like that to Zaza Pachilia in Game 7 against the Hawks, and I will quote Mark Jackson:

"That's a hard play, not a dirty play. It's up to his teammates to let him know that a screen is coming."

Yes, KG leaned into Marco, to make sure he got Pierce open. Although I really think that Garnett's hit was not hard enough to knock him to the ground, that is a foul, and it got called. In the other Bellinelli foul, it was the same thing. He leaned in to make sure Marce couldn't keep up. Is that a foul? Yes, but not dirty. If you're gonna cry about these screens in the NBA, don't play there. I didn't see any tauting, honestly. Marco and Rondo got tangled up and there was a little altercation between Marco and Tony Allen. KG cleared them both, and I couldn't see who started talking first.

And honestly, if you're gonna complain about what happened with Jerry Bayless, then I honestly dunno what to say... He did NOTHING wrong. He crawled to him, in a burst of emotion that he has done COUNTLESS times, even back in his losing days. He talked to nobody, nor did he hit anybody. There is nothing to be said about this. I do remember a bit of taunting in this game later on. Bayless was happy to respond them.

Yi as an all-star is a joke. Ray is completly right. Fan voting is an absurd, if taken into this level. The truth is that Kevin Garnett is one of the best PFs in the league, and his spot should not be taken away as a started because he's starting to get so much hate. Hard fouls are not cheap shots, not dirty play. Stop being a boy and complaining so much.

Throwing a deliberate punch is not a continuation of play. He was not trying for the ball, they were not tangled up. He intentionally attacked another player. Again, that is a flagrant foul.

So next time Shaq sets a screen on KG, he should lower his shoulder, ram him, and send him sprawling 15ft? Is that a good basketball play? This isn't "no blood, no foul". They're professionals, not streetballers. Seriously. He's getting preferential treatment and he's abusing it. Everyone sees it. Commentators are saying it publicly.

And you think the Bayless incident was good basketball? It's unsportsman-like conduct. Why is that so hard to understand?

Stop making excuses for KG, he needs to grow up and be a man, not down on all fours barking like a dog. This kind of behavior I might, MIGHT, expect out of middle-schoolers, not someone who's been in the league for 13 years. He's going to be 33 years old in May, for crying out loud. The best way for fans to send a message that this childish behavior should not be tolerated is by making sure KG is NOT voted into the all-star game.

Vote for Yi.

prodigy
01-03-2009, 11:32 PM

You wasted your time writing all this to defend KG. He's a punk who
disrespects the game. End of story.

Arac
01-04-2009, 01:05 AM
You wasted your time writing all this to defend KG. He's a punk who
disrespects the game. End of story.

I didn't waste my time, really. I felt like I made some right arguments. The only problem is that some people don't want to get into meaningful discussions.

Also, I don't believe you saw the whole clip, if you're saying that Kevin Garnett didn't get punched at least once. Yes, KG threw that arm on his face, but he also got hit. They were fighting for a rebound, it happens. I'm not saying Bogut was dirty either. No one was dirty.

Also, I really didn't see Kevin Garnett lower his shoulders in either Bellinelli screens. In one of them he hit him sideways, mostly with the arm. The arm he hit him in the chest. Those were hard screens, and like I said, fouls. But not dirty plays. Those are desperation plays used basically to get the guy open. Face it, the first time, it wasn't called, Eddie House was wide open. The second time, he was called for it, and we were going the other way. Throwing screens like those is basically a gamble. Either you'll get called for the foul and go the other way or you won't get called and give a teammate a wide open shot. I've never seen KG throw screens as hard as these in normal situations. But as a desperation, he did it. Once it worked, the other time, it was called. No one got rammed 15ft, no one got injured.

I won't comment on the Jarryd Bayless incident. He crawled at him, in emotion, wanting the young point guard to surprise him. You know, he did the EXACT same thing with Jose. He crawled before him too. And both Jose and Bayless embraced the taunting, and played harder. When he does that, both in his Minny and in his Boston days, he would get a standing ovation.

I really won't argue with different points of view. While some of you might think that by crawling on the floor, generally taunting is a punk-like attitude, I think it bring a little bit extra to the game. Some excitement. As I said previously, he got into it, and taunted back. Making a game more competitive is not a bad thing.

Frrrrank!!!
01-04-2009, 01:10 AM
I didn't waste my time, really. I felt like I made some right arguments. The only problem is that some people don't want to get into meaningful discussions.

Also, I don't believe you saw the whole clip, if you're saying that Kevin Garnett didn't get punched at least once. Yes, KG threw that arm on his face, but he also got hit. They were fighting for a rebound, it happens. I'm not saying Bogut was dirty either. No one was dirty.

Also, I really didn't see Kevin Garnett lower his shoulders in either Bellinelli screens. In one of them he hit him sideways, mostly with the arm. The arm he hit him in the chest. Those were hard screens, and like I said, fouls. But not dirty plays. Those are desperation plays used basically to get the guy open. Face it, the first time, it wasn't called, Eddie House was wide open. The second time, he was called for it, and we were going the other way. Throwing screens like those is basically a gamble. Either you'll get called for the foul and go the other way or you won't get called and give a teammate a wide open shot. I've never seen KG throw screens as hard as these in normal situations. But as a desperation, he did it. Once it worked, the other time, it was called. No one got rammed 15ft, no one got injured.

I won't comment on the Jarryd Bayless incident. He crawled at him, in emotion, wanting the young point guard to surprise him. You know, he did the EXACT same thing with Jose. He crawled before him too. And both Jose and Bayless embraced the taunting, and played harder. When he does that, both in his Minny and in his Boston days, he would get a standing ovation.

I really won't argue with different points of view. While some of you might think that by crawling on the floor, generally taunting is a punk-like attitude, I think it bring a little bit extra to the game. Some excitement. As I said previously, he got into it, and taunted back. Making a game more competitive is not a bad thing.

No matter how hard you try, some people just want to hate on a player. I don't think KG did anything "cheap" or "punk like" but some people are just really sensitive about this topic.

what54!?
01-04-2009, 01:16 AM
I'm starting not to care what KG does anymore. If he keeps doing whatever he does he'll mess with the wrong person.

let yi goes. wake the nba officals up.

I bet if sue yue got playing time he would be behind kobe.