PDA

View Full Version : NBA Redraft Playoffs: Los Angeles Clippers vs Denver Nuggets - VOTE!

BlondeBomber41
01-02-2009, 04:23 PM
Clippers have homecourt Advantage

Los Angeles Clippers Lineup:

PG: Rafer Alston - CJ Watson - Travis Diener
SG: Monta Ellis - Kareem Rush
SF Lebron James - Channing Frye
PF Boris Diaw - Reggie Evans
C: Samuel Dalmbert - Robin Lopez

Denver Nuggets Lineup:

PG: Beno Udrih - Steve Blake - Dee Brown
SG: Joe Johnson - Brandon Rush
SF: Shawn Marion - Donte Green
PF: Josh Smith - JJ Hickson - Josh McRoberts
C: Chris Kaman - Craig Smith

Los Angeles Clippers Writeup:

Point Guard: Rafer Alston vs Beno Udrih. Look, I know Beno has improved a lot, but this is a guy who couldn’t keep the backup spot on the spurs, is he really someone you would trust to run a playoff team? Rafer isn’t an elite point guard by any measure, but he has played big minutes on playoff teams, and has been consistently among the better point guards in the west since he joined the rockets. Rafer is the perfect point guard for a LeBron team, he’s a shoot first guy who will hit the open shots provided by LeBron. Our offense runs through LeBron, so all Rafer really needs to do is hit open shots. We win this matchup.

Shooting Guard: Monta Ellis vs Joe Johnson. Joe Johnson is a fantastic player and one of the league’s top shooting guards, but Monta is no slouch either. People forget that before his injury he was evolving into a franchise player, that’s why Golden State went to such great lengths to keep him and let Baron Davis walk. He averaged 20 points, 5 rebounds and 4 assists last year to Johnson’s 22 points, 6 assists and 4.5 rebounds. I don’t think it’s too much of a stretch to say that without the injury with another year of progression and him becoming the go to guy that Monta could be having a better year than Johnson. LeBron has never had a sidekick of Ellis’s quality, and he is fairly close to Johnson in skill who is the Nuggets go to guy. Our sidekick is close to their go to guy, I think that says a lot about our team.

Small Forward: LeBron James vs Shawn Marion. We win this matchup and frankly it’s not even close. Shawn Marion was a borderline allstar when he played with an elite point guard in Steve Nash, Beno Udrih is no Steve Nash. Marion averages 12 points, 9 rebounds and 2 assists now that he is away from Nash and the scoring friendly Mike D’antoni system, down five points from his career average. LeBron averages 27.6 points, 7 rebounds and 6 assists, Shawn Marion isn’t even in his stratosphere. Marion was a top notch defender in his prime, but there is no denying he’s lost a step. Keep in mind that LeBron steps up his game when it matters most. In game 5 of the 2007 western conference finals he scored 50 points including 29 of his team’s last 30 with Tayshaun Prince (a better defender than Marion) on him and against the Pistons (a better defensive team than the nuggets). LeBron is what will win us this series

Boris Diaw Vs. Josh Smith: Diaw is avreging 16/7 since joing the bobcats and is a great defensive matchup for Josh Smith, both undersized faster good defenders this should be a good matchup, we are not saying that Diaw will out play Smith, but he should get his in transtion as well as limiting Smiths prduction on the other end.

Center: Samuel Dalembert vs Chris Kaman. Sammy’s having a down year, that can’t be denied, but that’s because he’s adjusting to not being the go to guy in the post anymore with Elton Brand in Philly. On this team he would be our main post option and would get the touches to return to his usual form. Sammy is also a stellar defender in the post, he could contain Chris Kaman. Also consider this, when LeBron drives to the basket Kaman’s gonna slide over to help against him, who’s gonna be left open for open dunks when he does? Sammy. That alone will get him a few free dunks. On this team, Sammy will return to his normal form.

Bench: Channing Frye, Robin Lopez, CJ Watson, Kareem Rush, Chris Quinn, Reggie Evans and Travis Diener vs Steve Blake, Dee Brown, Brandon Rush, JJ Hickson, Craig Smith, Josh McRoberts and Donte Green. We win the bench, it’s not even close. We have a legit 6th man who could start on several teams in Channing Frye, not only do they not have a 6th man I’m not convinced anyone on their team could be a legit 7th man on a contender. They have several one dimensional role players, but nobody capable of starting. We have everything you could ask for off the bench: scoring (Frye, Watson), point guards (Watson, quinn, diener), defensive and rebounding (Lopez, Evans), shooting (quinn), playoff experience (Evans), and versatility (Frye, Rush, Quinn and Robin are capable of playing multiple positions). We have a very good bench while theirs is mediocre at best. When our starters rest we can at least keep it close, when their starters rest we will blow them away.

Why we will win this series:
- LeBron is LeBron, he’s the league’s best player and is unstoppable when it matters most
- Our sidekick is almost as good as their go to guy
- We have a far superior bench
- Not one player on their team has played in the finals, our star player has.
- Who is their team leader? LeBron is an excellent leader, he will command 100% effort from all of our players, when he walks into the locker room he commands respect from everyone and he makes everyone a better player. Joe Johnson is a very good player, but he doesn’t command the respect that LeBron does, and he isn’t the leader LeBron is.
- Our point guards have similar stats, but ours is running a contender while their’s leads one of the league’s worst teams. Their point guard was once also not good enough to be the backup on the spurs, he lost that job to Jacque Vaughn.
- LeBron has never had this good of a supporting cast except maybe this year, and this year he is 25-4. That shows how good LeBron is with even a decent supporting cast. This team might be better than the one LeBron is 25-4 with, and is definitely better than the one LeBron put on his back and carried to the ’07 finals.
- Once again, we have LeBron and they don’t.

Denver Nuggets Writeup:

I shall compare our starting lineups + benches.

Beno Udrih vs. Rafer Alston

The Clipps have a slight advantage here, but do not think Udrih is a slouch. He is a great PG who plays under control with extreme composure and is an excellent passer. Beno is a great shooter as well, unlike Alston, who has a career .385 FG%. We are not too worried about this position battle come game-time.

Joe Johnson vs. Monta Ellis

I think everyone wonders how Monta will return from his ankle injury in this upcoming new year. Either way, Joe Johnson still has the advantage. He is a tremendous all-around player, he's been a great leader for his current young Hawks team. He rarely turns the ball over as well. We know JJ wins this matchup easily.

Shawn Marion vs. LeBron James

We know LeBron will score a good 20+, but we have one of the best defenders in the league guarding him, which is a huge asset to us. Mr. Marion will easily limit LeBron from going off on a rampage of scoring. Defensively, we have this. However, LeBron's scoring will outmatch Shawn's.

Josh Smith/Chris Kaman vs. Channing Frye/Samuel Dalembert

There is no question here who wins this. Dalembert has had an off year and Frye has been nothing more than mediocre in his career. Smith is a lights out defender and Kaman is a beast on both ends of the floor. This is where we will win the game as we have a HUGE advantage down low.

Overall, this team is very well built and a defensive minded team that should absolutely PWN the Clippers. Get up Denver.

DocUSN
01-02-2009, 04:30 PM
Of course we win we are playing four on five!

still1ballin
01-02-2009, 04:32 PM
Denver has no Center?

ripjhb18
01-02-2009, 04:33 PM
Ill go with the Clippers, but really looking at both of these teams I am not overly impressed with either of them. Both dont have very strong benchs and both have guys who to me are not really that great. LeBron will basically win the series on his own as the Nuggets have no one to match him. Shawn Marion is not going to stop him. Its funny that the Nuggets traded Lebron and are now going to lose to him.

tonyd3b54
01-02-2009, 04:38 PM
u forgot to put the center in there.... denver has kaman...

futureheisman
01-02-2009, 04:40 PM
Clippers with the king

Ragun
01-02-2009, 04:48 PM
clips. i like their bench better. could go either way though

Durant is hype
01-02-2009, 05:41 PM
clips

superkegger
01-02-2009, 05:45 PM
denver is better at 4 out of the 5 starting lineup spots

Catfish1314
01-02-2009, 05:46 PM
Nuggets have the better defense and more weapons, but it's still LeBron's game. If he can come as close as he did to beating the Celtics with a second option not nearly as good as Monta Ellis, it would be hard to see him losing this one.

Clippers in 6.

thesparky33
01-02-2009, 05:58 PM
I'm really not trying to hate on Lebron, I really like the guy, and I have nothing against the Clippers GM, but I really think the Nuggets are a better team.

The frontcourt of Diaw and Dalembert is horrible, and even Lebron James wouldnt be able to counter that in the playoffs. In real life, his froncourt is full of GREAT rebounders and solid defense, so even though he doesnt have all-star bigs next to him, they are a lot better than he does here with Sammy D and Boris Diaw.

That, and I think the Nuggets are one of the better teams in the redraft, and have way too many weapons.

JermanJaysFan
01-02-2009, 06:12 PM
The frontcourt of Diaw and Dalembert is horrible, and even Lebron James wouldnt be able to counter that in the playoffs. In real life, his froncourt is full of GREAT rebounders and solid defense, so even though he doesnt have all-star bigs next to him, they are a lot better than he does here with Sammy D and Boris Diaw.

I agree. Plus, the way that Joe Johnson would go off on Monta Ellis is just straight up unfair. Ellis has absolutely no way to stop him.

KnicksorBust
01-02-2009, 06:20 PM
Wow Nuggets without a doubt. I can't believe the Clippers are winning. The Nuggets have 4 of the best 6 players on the court. With JJ, Marion, and Josh Smith taking turns on LeBron, plus Smith and Kaman can both protect the paint, I don't see LeBron having a big series at all. Besides, they didn't even give LeBron any perimeter threats to clear out the paint. Ellis is 28.5% and Alston is 35%. LeBron is the man but that's a bad mix of talent. I hope more people see this.

Nuggets in 6.

AgentViet
01-02-2009, 06:27 PM
When you got a top defender in Marion guarding LeBron and help defense from Josh Smith and Chris Kaman, LeBron is definitely going to be held down. The only other guy the Clippers can rely on for offense is Ellis who is coming off and huge injury. Nuggets for me.

jacquewho?
01-02-2009, 07:21 PM
I dont know how this is close....

Westbrook36
01-02-2009, 07:22 PM
Sammy D is :puke: this year.

Nuuugss

Shieldsz
01-02-2009, 07:23 PM
The Nuggets.... EASILY.

thesparky33
01-02-2009, 07:24 PM
Yeah, when I voted, it was like 11-4 in favor of the Clippers... I was just confused... I really dont think it's that close, and I'm more surprised that the Clippers are the higher seed...

GSW fan
01-02-2009, 07:43 PM
clips are deeper. they have lebron and ellis then a small decline. denver has smith joe johnson and marion then a huge drop off.

superkegger
01-02-2009, 07:51 PM
clips are deeper. they have lebron and ellis then a small decline. denver has smith joe johnson and marion then a huge drop off.

yeah, that josh smith, hes no good. :pity:

DocUSN
01-02-2009, 10:01 PM
I'll be honest, I thought we'd be down when I logged back on, I like my team in this series, don't get me wrong, but we made a ton of trades and had our backs aginst the wall in the end and didnt have time to get the post presence we wanted.

DocUSN
01-02-2009, 10:02 PM
yeah, that josh smith, hes no good. :pity:

Those english classes up there in Wis. must not be either, see where he says :p try reading his post agian.

hotpotato1092
01-02-2009, 10:18 PM
I dont know how this is close....

You're right, we should be blowing you out.

SensandRaps
01-02-2009, 10:40 PM
clippers in 5

thesparky33
01-03-2009, 02:46 AM
Clippers in 5????

I really dont believe that the Clippers can be winning let alone people thinking they'd win in 5 against a team with Joe Johnson, Marion, Joe Smith, and Kaman. Good lord!

DocUSN
01-03-2009, 03:00 AM
Clippers in 5????

I really dont believe that the Clippers can be winning let alone people thinking they'd win in 5 against a team with Joe Johnson, Marion, Joe Smith, and Kaman. Good lord!

Hey I understand if you have your point of view but don't hate! :p

hotpotato1092
01-03-2009, 03:31 AM
Clippers in 5????

I understand it completely. Consider this: these clippers are better than the '06-'07 cavs, these nuggets are worse than the '06-'07 pistons, the cavs beat the pistons in six, therefore these clippers can beat the nuggets in 5

thesparky33
01-03-2009, 06:54 AM
I understand it completely. Consider this: these clippers are better than the '06-'07 cavs, these nuggets are worse than the '06-'07 pistons, the cavs beat the pistons in six, therefore these clippers can beat the nuggets in 5

No. I'd take the 06-07 Cavs over these Clippers.

...also what does their team have to do with the Pistons squad in 06-07? Their team is a LOT younger and athletic than that team of old vets. Not sure where the comparison begins there...?

jacquewho?
01-03-2009, 12:42 PM
Ridiculous.

DocUSN
01-03-2009, 01:00 PM
Ridiculous.

Not really, you are the real hawks, with Shawn Marion.

Joe Johnson = Joe Johnson
Josh Smith = Josh Smith
Al Horford = Chris Kamen

And Beno is a down grade on bibby.

If you had a pass first pg i dont think it would be close at all

jacquewho?
01-03-2009, 01:13 PM
Not really, you are the real hawks, with Shawn Marion.

Joe Johnson = Joe Johnson
Josh Smith = Josh Smith
Al Horford = Chris Kamen

And Beno is a down grade on bibby.

If you had a pass first pg i dont think it would be close at all

Kaman is an upgrade over Horford, I don't think they are equal. Kaman is a better scorer.

Udrih < Bibby
Johnson = Johnson
Marion > Williams
Smith = Smith
Kaman > Horford

DocUSN
01-03-2009, 01:18 PM
Kaman is an upgrade over Horford, I don't think they are equal. Kaman is a better scorer.

Udrih < Bibby
Johnson = Johnson
Marion > Williams
Smith = Smith
Kaman > Horford

Not a huge upgrade, and I'd rather have horford on defense.

mightybosstone
01-03-2009, 01:28 PM
Anyone who knows me knows that I have a huge man crush on Lebron James. Watching him play is the equivalent of watching any top artist master their craft. The man is the Beethoven of basketball. But, I just love that Nuggets squad. Their front court has a great combination of athleticism, scoring, and defense. Throw in one of the elite scorers and game finishers in Joe Johnson and you have a team capable of winning an NBA Championship.

As a Rockets' fan I've never been the biggest fan of Rafer Alston as he lives and dies by the 3. And matching the two front courts, the Clippers are SEVERELY overmatched. They'll get outrebounded by double digits in every single game. And they have no real post scorer. I just loathe that Diaw / Dalembert duo so much that it counters my love of Lebron.

And, yes, that Lebron / Ellis duo is sexy and is a much better than the current Lebron / Mo duo. But the team that currently surrounds Lebron is much better than this one.

Nuggets in 6.

mightybosstone
01-03-2009, 01:33 PM
Wow.... I'll admit Lebron is amazing, but how are the Clippers winning this? Are voters even looking at both teams as a whole or are they just randomly voting for the team with the best player?

DocUSN
01-03-2009, 01:45 PM
Wow.... I'll admit Lebron is amazing, but how are the Clippers winning this? Are voters even looking at both teams as a whole or are they just randomly voting for the team with the best player?

Imo you have the better names, but the clippers have a better team, better team chemistry.

Marion cares abut Marion.

Smith has never really been a team guy

Johnson will choose his self over the team every time (Phoniex any one?)

You have two guys who forced their way out of the same contender (Phoniex) because they wanted $$$ and to be THE guy

Tblaze
01-03-2009, 01:50 PM
Denver, I don't like the writeup by clippers he just thinks all his players are better. Donte Greene + Steve Blake actually are very good 6th and 7th men.

mightybosstone
01-03-2009, 02:57 PM
Imo you have the better names, but the clippers have a better team, better team chemistry.

Marion cares abut Marion.

Smith has never really been a team guy

Johnson will choose his self over the team every time (Phoniex any one?)

You have two guys who forced their way out of the same contender (Phoniex) because they wanted $$$ and to be THE guy

Lol... I'm not the Nuggets GM, I'm the Magic GM. I just don't understand how the Nuggets are losing, when they most definitely have a top 5 team. And I REALLY don't buy the whole "their players aren't team players" argument. Johnson and Smith coexist just fine on the Hawks and Kaman has ALWAYS been a great team player. And Marion did leave Phoenix because of money and team issues, but he definitely did not leave because he wanted to be the #1 option on the Heat. He's doing just fine in Miami as the 2nd or 3rd option and he'll do the same here.

Bottom line... they just have a much better defensive squad and more options on the offensive side of the ball. And I just really don't care for your frontcourt.

hotpotato1092
01-03-2009, 03:38 PM
You know what I don't understand? How we were voted higher by eastern conference GMs and we're winning this matchup and yet almost everyone is asking how we're better, just doesn't make sense to me.

DocUSN
01-03-2009, 04:36 PM
Lol... I'm not the Nuggets GM, I'm the Magic GM. I just don't understand how the Nuggets are losing, when they most definitely have a top 5 team. And I REALLY don't buy the whole "their players aren't team players" argument. Johnson and Smith coexist just fine on the Hawks and Kaman has ALWAYS been a great team player. And Marion did leave Phoenix because of money and team issues, but he definitely did not leave because he wanted to be the #1 option on the Heat. He's doing just fine in Miami as the 2nd or 3rd option and he'll do the same here.

Bottom line... they just have a much better defensive squad and more options on the offensive side of the ball. And I just really don't care for your frontcourt.

Yeah beause chemistry and team work don't mean ****, i mean its only what champions are made of.

mightybosstone
01-03-2009, 08:53 PM
Yeah beause chemistry and team work don't mean ****, i mean its only what champions are made of.

Lol.... did you even read what I said? You're completely misunderstanding what I"m saying. I said I don't buy into your argument, because I don't see how those players aren't team players. And I think that whole "team player" argument is ******** anyway, because anybody can be a "team player" on the right team when they want to win basketball games. Look at the Celtics.... you have 3 guys who were the #1 options on their previous teams all come together and playing unselfish basketball. Before last season, a lot of people had accused Pierce and Allen of selfish play, but I don't think you'll find anyone who would argue that now.

And I don't see how your players are better "team players" to begin with. Just because they don't average as many points or aren't as big names, doesn't make them team players. It makes them less high profile. And in the re-draft, that's actually a bad thing.