PDA

View Full Version : Tracy McGrady

Verbal Christ
01-02-2009, 03:34 PM
I'm coming from the Rockets forum hoping to get a little insight into details of Tracy McGrady's time spent with the Magic, and further any feedback from the fans as to the questions of whether he gave up on the team and looked for excuses to not play and basically forced the Magic organization to trade him away. There is a big Mac revolution going on in HTown right now and people are 50/50 on their support for him. I always was under the impression he quit on you guys at the tail end of his career in Orlando. I understand he led you guys to the playoffs but didnt he make foolish gurantee's also like he's done here in Houston? Any input would be appreciated.

JNore151
01-02-2009, 10:37 PM
smh...he left bcuz he felt he had a better chance to win with houston ....since then he still hasnt been outta da 1st round ...we got to the 2nd round last year and our way to the eastern conf. finals this year ...all in all im glad he left ...dont get me wrong hes top 10 in da nba ..talent wise ....but hes always injured and straight up and down he cant win .......hes a diva .......

JustinLafferty
01-03-2009, 03:49 AM
I'm coming from the Rockets forum hoping to get a little insight into details of Tracy McGrady's time spent with the Magic, and further any feedback from the fans as to the questions of whether he gave up on the team and looked for excuses to not play and basically forced the Magic organization to trade him away. There is a big Mac revolution going on in HTown right now and people are 50/50 on their support for him. I always was under the impression he quit on you guys at the tail end of his career in Orlando. I understand he led you guys to the playoffs but didnt he make foolish gurantee's also like he's done here in Houston? Any input would be appreciated.

Basically the Magic let Darrell Armstrong go hoping TMAC was ready for the leadership role on the team. He wasn't. We were terrible that year. He thought the magic shouldve used the first pick in the draft to trade for a veteran instead of drafting Dwight Howard. We had a HOCKEY GM who was dumb and traded him away. It wouldn't surprise me if he wishes he could take that deal back right now. I know hes with Yao now but I think he'd love to be back on a team with the cast we have now.........he's a talented player and can be dominating at times but gets hurt way too much and isn't really a leader.......he doesn't have the IT factor everyone talks about.....

Verbal Christ
01-03-2009, 04:36 PM
Understood but how do you feel about TMac as a player and his incessant whining, and need for attention? Did it ever translate to the court, with lack of effort/energy or downright laziness? Was he ever accused of quitting or forcing the hand of the inept GM possibly acknowledging his lack of experience and using it for his benefit. Every single player you traded for is no longer with the organization and Mac has probably worn out his welcome here so it appears as if both sides lost.

sNaKeS
01-03-2009, 09:01 PM
Understood but how do you feel about TMac as a player and his incessant whining, and need for attention? Did it ever translate to the court, with lack of effort/energy or downright laziness? Was he ever accused of quitting or forcing the hand of the inept GM possibly acknowledging his lack of experience and using it for his benefit. Every single player you traded for is no longer with the organization and Mac has probably worn out his welcome here so it appears as if both sides lost.

What most fans, players, and everybody else don't really understand is what college is really all about and I think that is where T-Mac went wrong. He missed out on not only an education, but the best players go there and mature as basketball players and as people. He jumped right into the nba out of high school and was spoiled beyond belief and never really grew up. As a player, there are very few people with the ability as him. He can do almost anything on the court, but everything else was the problem. He was selfish, cried all the time cause he never had his "partner in crime" grant hill healthy, and never showed that leadership to control a team. And in my opinion, he did quit on this team, the magic only won like 20 games his last year here and he didn't show any emotion or heart out on the court.

tmac93
01-04-2009, 05:41 PM
man i reemember when he was better than kobe

MAC10TIZZY
01-04-2009, 08:06 PM
What most fans, players, and everybody else don't really understand is what college is really all about and I think that is where T-Mac went wrong. He missed out on not only an education, but the best players go there and mature as basketball players and as people. He jumped right into the nba out of high school and was spoiled beyond belief and never really grew up. As a player, there are very few people with the ability as him. He can do almost anything on the court, but everything else was the problem. He was selfish, cried all the time cause he never had his "partner in crime" grant hill healthy, and never showed that leadership to control a team. And in my opinion, he did quit on this team, the magic only won like 20 games his last year here and he didn't show any emotion or heart out on the court.

the best players go to college?!?huh?...smh....dwight,kobe, amare,kg,tmac...those sound like the best players and none of them went to college. tmac was a freakin' baller here, tmac and his poor lil lazy eye had to carry the whole team, why do you think his back hurts him so much. and that year not only did we only win like twenty games, i believe we lost doc because we lost something like 19 in a row. but do understand this as much of a good player as tmac was, i want nothing more that to forget about that era, please!!!!!!!!!!! we have an awesome team now and it seems we only lose to teams we feel sorry for so finals here we come..go magic...+

sNaKeS
01-04-2009, 10:05 PM
the best players go to college?!?huh?...smh....dwight,kobe, amare,kg,tmac...those sound like the best players and none of them went to college. tmac was a freakin' baller here, tmac and his poor lil lazy eye had to carry the whole team, why do you think his back hurts him so much. and that year not only did we only win like twenty games, i believe we lost doc because we lost something like 19 in a row. but do understand this as much of a good player as tmac was, i want nothing more that to forget about that era, please!!!!!!!!!!! we have an awesome team now and it seems we only lose to teams we feel sorry for so finals here we come..go magic...+

And please remind me what it is make the best players? is it stats? maybe. Answer this, how many championships have those teams won while leading their teams? 4 and 3 of those kobe was the second best player on his team next to shaq and kg *****ed himself out of minnesota cause he couldn't handle it anymore. All those players are nothing compared to shaq, duncan, wade, and now chris paul. As i said, the best players go to college, not jump to the nba out of high school.

MAC10TIZZY
01-05-2009, 02:12 PM
so by saying go to college, do you mean graduate college? i think duncan is the only one that acually graduated! kg just won the championship last year (while playing against kobe) did anybody on your list? and chris paul? what has he actually done that is even compared to LBJ...(which i conveniently left off my list from before just because he makes me sick dude) you just have backed yourself into a corner snakie poo....the next person to win a nba finals trophy will definately come off my list and not your list of "man i wish i was good enough to join the nba without one year of college"
BOOOOOYAHHHHH!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

sNaKeS
01-06-2009, 01:51 AM
so by saying go to college, do you mean graduate college? i think duncan is the only one that acually graduated! kg just won the championship last year (while playing against kobe) did anybody on your list? and chris paul? what has he actually done that is even compared to LBJ...(which i conveniently left off my list from before just because he makes me sick dude) you just have backed yourself into a corner snakie poo....the next person to win a nba finals trophy will definately come off my list and not your list of "man i wish i was good enough to join the nba without one year of college"
BOOOOOYAHHHHH!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Really? I can't remember who won the finals mvp? Oh yea pierce won it, not garnett!!! He was a scab who couldn't handle a team by himself just like kobe never will. And tell me why did shaq win a championship when he left kobe? All your guys are nothing compared to the greats, you take your stats, i'll take champions. Oh yea and "Booya"? Are you like 10 years old? Wait a second, maybe that's why your name is "MAC10TIZZY" the 10 in there is your actual age!! Whatever though I'm done arguing with you, let me cheer on the magic without dealing with your garbage.

MAC10TIZZY
01-06-2009, 12:56 PM
Really? I can't remember who won the finals mvp? Oh yea pierce won it, not garnett!!! He was a scab who couldn't handle a team by himself just like kobe never will. And tell me why did shaq win a championship when he left kobe? All your guys are nothing compared to the greats, you take your stats, i'll take champions. Oh yea and "Booya"? Are you like 10 years old? Wait a second, maybe that's why your name is "MAC10TIZZY" the 10 in there is your actual age!! Whatever though I'm done arguing with you, let me cheer on the magic without dealing with your garbage.

man dont be a baby! i was just stating facts. pierce did win the mvp, pierce also won the worst record in the league the year before( before kg arrived).and while your at it ask anybody that knows anything about basketball(besides your one minded aspect) who is more valuable to their team kg or pierce? pierce didn't graduate college did he? and you never answered my question define going to college? now please quit waisting my time on a beat subject, and lets start enjoying this wonderful magic season, peace...+

MAC10TIZZY
01-06-2009, 01:12 PM
oh and p.s. scrub! who is your favorite magic starter?: dwight howard, rashard lewis, turk, or pietrus cause yeahhhhhhhh um none of them went to college, so ya once again boooyyaaaaaahhhhhhhhh!!!!!!!!!!

S-Dot
01-06-2009, 02:44 PM
He did extremely well for this team. He helped fans forget that Grant Hill was getting paid not to play; it was supposed to be the combination of those two. He brought excitement back to this team after the Shaq/Penny era. At some times, he may have been Lazy McGrady. He seemed to focus too much on scoring, and did not get them out of the first round which is not good. He did give up midway through 2004, and then wanted the Magic to pick Emeka Okafor with their top pick, but the Magic made the right choice. Overall, McGrady was a great scorer and all-star though.

All time Magic team:

PG: Penny Hardaway
SG: Tracy McGrady
SF: Nick Anderson
PF/C: Dwight Howard
C: Shaq

Sixerlover
01-08-2009, 10:15 AM

:laugh2:

Said by a fan of a team that has 4/5 starters who didn't go to college. Kinda ironic

DodgerBlue24
01-14-2009, 09:40 AM

Man you forgot to put the best player in the NBA in this list of players who didnt go to college...His name is LEBRON JAMES.... Tmac was a great player when he was here and all of you know it... He did have to do everything by himself. If he had this team when he was here he wouldnt be hurt and would be having a great year. He's always hurt becuase he had to over compensate for the lack of talent that was here. If he was here and was ballin you would all be singing a different tune and thats my 2 cents.:)

DodgerBlue24
01-14-2009, 10:00 AM
oh and p.s. scrub! who is your favorite magic starter?: dwight howard, rashard lewis, turk, or pietrus cause yeahhhhhhhh um none of them went to college, so ya once again boooyyaaaaaahhhhhhhhh!!!!!!!!!!

And did Jameer Nelson only play 1 year in College?:confused:

Sixerlover
01-14-2009, 10:07 AM
Nah he stayed for all 4

MAC10TIZZY
01-26-2009, 05:34 PM
you should of read my second comment, thats where i state something about james, please read on