PDA

View Full Version : Who is Your Favorite NBA Prospect for Draft 09?

S-Dot
01-02-2009, 09:14 AM
Brandon Jennings? Blake Griffin? Hasheem Thabeet? Greg Monroe? Stephen Curry? Tyler Hansbrough? James Harden? And many more....what current college players do you feel will be an instant impact player/ potential all-star in their careers? I personally like Blake Griffin and Brandon Jennings, especially since he is learning to adjust his fast-paced game to the rough play in Europe. As far as teams that need the #1 pick the most, I would have to choose the Warriors Clippers, or Kings. The NBA needs teams on the West Coast to put on television; we cannot keep watching the Blazers, Lakers, and Suns take up the 10:30 time slot on TV, and they moved Seattle to Oklahoma (who I refuse to watch a full game of right now...sorry Kevin and Jeff). What are your thoughts on this draft right now?

NYYankeesWin#27
01-02-2009, 09:48 AM
i think blake griffin is overrated and tht he is a ball hog. i think the most nba ready is hasheem thabeet. he is a great shot blocker, good rebounder and his offense is improving

wwwhat
01-02-2009, 09:54 AM
i think blake griffin is overrated and tht he is a ball hog. i think the most nba ready is hasheem thabeet. he is a great shot blocker, good rebounder and his offense is improving

What? If size was the only thing that mattered in the NBA then sure, Hasheem Thabeet is as NBA-ready as they come. But his offense is nearly worthless except for put-backs, lobs, and fast break dunks. His post defense needs work and his blocking won't be nearly as good in the NBA where everyone is a significantly better finisher than people in college, but he will alter shots which is good.

nygiants242
01-02-2009, 09:55 AM
Thabeet. I love his defense.

S-Dot
01-02-2009, 10:35 AM
I just see Hasheem Thabeet as one of those guys who is going to be on the worse end of highlight reels throught his career. Blake Griffin seems like he has the toughness and power to be effective (and unlike many people, may not mind playing in OKC). Brandon Jennings was a lottery pick in my opinion last year, and though he may not produce great stats in Europe, I think he will improve the most throughout the year due to his experiences.

Cubs Win
01-02-2009, 10:48 AM
Brandon Jennings was a lottery pick in my opinion last year, and though he may not produce great stats in Europe, I think he will improve the most throughout the year due to his experiences.

Not possible. The rule put in place a few years back prohibits players from making the jump from high school to the NBA. But another problem I see with him potentially is his smarts. I mean, someone with his immense talent but couldn't qualify to get into Arizona because of his ACT score. He might have trouble adjusting to the NBA because of new things he has to learn.

phlp_bj
01-02-2009, 10:55 AM
Blake Griffin will be the number 1 pick to the Sonics. Book it.

Westbrook-Durant-Green-Griffin-?

S-Dot
01-02-2009, 10:58 AM
Not possible. The rule put in place a few years back prohibits players from making the jump from high school to the NBA. But another problem I see with him potentially is his smarts. I mean, someone with his immense talent but couldn't qualify to get into Arizona because of his ACT score. He might have trouble adjusting to the NBA because of new things he has to learn.

I am aware of the high school to NBA rule; I was referring to his talent level. I thought he was that good. I do agree it is ashame he could not qualify for the SAT, but I don't think the ACT has anything to do with his performance on the court. I perosnally feel Europe will help him learn new things, which will better him for the NBA moreso than some other players.

Cubs Win
01-02-2009, 11:12 AM
I am aware of the high school to NBA rule; I was referring to his talent level. I thought he was that good. I do agree it is ashame he could not qualify for the SAT, but I don't think the ACT has anything to do with his performance on the court. I perosnally feel Europe will help him learn new things, which will better him for the NBA moreso than some other players.

While standardized tests don't technically have anything to do with performance on the court, you're wrong. He'll have to learn a new playbook/scheme. He'll need to recognize who on the court has the mismatch. And most of all, as a PG, he needs to make SMART decisions. In the NBA, this needs to happen quickly. So I'm pretty sure he won't be able to have a similar start as Derrick Rose, but maybe Mario Chalmers. Not that that is a bad thing to start like Mario Chamlers.

Hellcrooner
01-02-2009, 11:12 AM
Victor Claver, im not sure if he will enter this year or the next , im absolutley clueless about him, in my opinion he is nothing special but in draft webs they rate him as a lottery pick and are excited about him so i hope they are true...

jimbobjarree
01-02-2009, 12:11 PM

theres no such team as the Sonics :confused:

phlp_bj
01-02-2009, 12:21 PM
you know what i mean lol. thunder.

La11
01-02-2009, 12:29 PM
ricky rubio.........

yaowowrocket11
01-02-2009, 12:31 PM
Hasheem Thabeet, a fellow Husky!

nygiants242
01-02-2009, 12:32 PM

:laugh:

MiamiHeat
01-02-2009, 12:35 PM
Blake Griffin and Hasheem Thabeet

Nexus
01-02-2009, 12:52 PM

If and when the Thunder finish last, it's still not bookable. The last place team still only has a 25% of getting the first pick. Unless you mean you're certain the lottery numbers will come up the Thunder's way. In which case, may I borrow your time travel machine?

S-Dot
01-02-2009, 02:18 PM
If and when the Thunder finish last, it's still not bookable. The last place team still only has a 25% of getting the first pick. Unless you mean you're certain the lottery numbers will come up the Thunder's way. In which case, may I borrow your time travel machine?

OKC doesnt deserve the #1 pick. I have never been a fan of the worst team getting the highest pick. I love cases like last year with the Bulls

chicagowhitesox
01-02-2009, 02:21 PM
it's all about blake griffin

dre1990
01-02-2009, 02:39 PM
Stephen Curry is great a scorer. i will ove to see hw he does in the NBA

S-Dot
01-02-2009, 02:41 PM
Stephen Curry is great a scorer. i will ove to see hw he does in the NBA

If he goes to a team like Philly, toronto, or indiana...he will do fine. These teams are in the race to get him.

hockeypro68
01-02-2009, 02:44 PM
this years draft sucks

pd7631
01-02-2009, 03:22 PM
I'm a huge Georgetown fan, so I love Greg Monroe and Dajuan Summers, however I don't think either should come out just yet. If they both stay on for next season, they'll be ranked top 3 in preseason polls and they'll definitely be one of the favorites to take home the national championship.

Dajuan Summers has all the tools to be a very good NBA player, he just needs to find a way to take over a game when his team needs him to.

The knock on Greg Monroe has been that in High School he often played like he didn't care, but I don't really see it at G'Town so far...he's a freakish athlete and if he can develop a go to post move he can be a perennial All Star at the next level.

As a Sixers fan the guy I would want most(should Monroe not come out) is Stephen Curry. He would fill the void we have at SG and give us the outside threat we so desperately need to pair with Elton Brand.

Blake Griffin is by far the best prospect, the sky is the limit for him.

Rome
01-02-2009, 03:40 PM
I'm a huge fan of griffin. Dude is a freak of nature. Athletic, good size, good rebounder, can score the basket. Haven't watched him play much but he's the talk of the draft.

James harden from ASU is another favorite of mine. Southpaw who can shoot lights out on nights, decent rebounder. I really need to watch more college ball but there are a few players I want to see succeed in the NBA.

Rome
01-02-2009, 03:44 PM
I heard Greg Monroe already plays like an NBA player and is very knowledgeable.

Not the best draft class we've has lately but depending who puts their name in the draft it looks to be a good one.

DRE'-MAC
01-02-2009, 03:53 PM
Hasheem Thabeet, Ricky Rubio and Damion James.

jtrinaldi
01-02-2009, 03:56 PM
philladelphia is screwed they gave there pick to the T wolves to clear cap space. Correct me if im wrong

pd7631
01-02-2009, 04:04 PM
philladelphia is screwed they gave there pick to the T wolves to clear cap space. Correct me if im wrong

The pick the Sixers gave to Minnesota was the 1st rounder they acquired from Utah in the Kyle Korver trade. So the Sixers still have their 1st round pick but the T'wolves acquired the Sixers OTHER 1st round pick via Utah.

Carey
01-02-2009, 04:16 PM
Greg Monroe=Lamarcus Aldridge, Dionte Christmas=Michael Redd, those are my favorite 2 prospects. Being a thunder fan it would be nice if we got them both

kyllonen06
01-02-2009, 04:17 PM
Hasheem Thabeet...he will block shots of the best. Look out hes a taller ben wallace. Wallace 6'9 Thabeet 7'3

sacgiants1213
01-02-2009, 06:06 PM
brandon jennings because the kings are gonna draft him. We need a franchize type point guard and it seems like jennings would be our ideal pick. we've drafted Hawes and Thompson the last 2 drafts so i doubt we're gonna pick another front court player.

Faneik
01-02-2009, 06:10 PM
Celtics are going to trade up in that draft and pick BJ Mullens. Book it.

No, don't book it. It's a pipe dream.

Nexus
01-03-2009, 03:30 PM
OKC doesnt deserve the #1 pick. I have never been a fan of the worst team getting the highest pick. I love cases like last year with the Bulls

I love it too. The NHL needs it.

JJ81
01-04-2009, 09:10 PM
When is Rubio coming!?

BTownTeamsRKing
01-04-2009, 09:30 PM
Blair from Pitt.

elton brand 2. except better defense.

theuuord
01-04-2009, 09:51 PM
Celtics are going to trade up in that draft and pick BJ Mullens. Book it.

No, don't book it. It's a pipe dream.

The way it's looking Mullens might not even declare this year. He's made no progress at the college level.

lakers4sho
01-04-2009, 09:54 PM
BJ Mullens is an overrated pick.

So far.

cheetos185
01-04-2009, 09:54 PM
Rubio :)

lakers4sho
01-04-2009, 09:55 PM
Rubio :)

He would've been my pick too, but I don't think he's declaring for this year's draft.

BTownTeamsRKing
01-04-2009, 10:02 PM
honestly, im not so high on rubio. why? unless he is steve nash 2, then he is not worth a top pick. i could easily see him being dan dickua lol

remember this. Blair will be a beast. hes only a sophmore and Pitt is at the top.

IversonIsKrazy
01-04-2009, 10:08 PM
i luvv brandon jennings. curry and griffin r pretty good as well. jus thinkin, imagine if memphis gets griffin.

C: Gasol
PF: Griffin
SF: Gay
SG: OJ
PG: Conley

then sell their team to vancouver :) man, thas my dream!

KB24PG16
01-05-2009, 03:48 AM
brandon jennings

beau_boy04
01-05-2009, 04:17 AM
I like Blake Griffin, Greg Monroe and James Harden. Ricky Rubio is a great prospect too. And as far as 2010, the next Derrick Rose is coming known as John Wall :)

S-Dot
01-06-2009, 08:36 AM
Blair from Pitt.

elton brand 2. except better defense.

He may be the Elton Brand of nowadays, but IMO DeJuan Blair will not the franchise 20 and 10 all-star Brand was in his prime. I don't see that much potential in him on an NBA level. Great game against G'town though.