PDA

View Full Version : Minnesota T-Wolves Future?

S-Dot
01-02-2009, 08:57 AM
I personally was not against the Minnesota trade that sent KG to Boston. I am glad they gave him to a contender, and I think Al Jefferson is a great Power Forward (masked as a Center unfortunately). I also THOUGHT Telfair and Gerald Green would hold their ends on the trade as well. My question is where do you think this team is going now? Is McHale's time up? What coach do they need? It seems like they have plenty of draft picks in 09 so what should they do to help Al Jefferson, who's coming into his own as a potential All-star now. I am just not sure of the direction in which this franchise is going.

Tblaze
01-02-2009, 09:42 AM
they need to change their roster to quality over quantity. They have too many somewhat talented players. They should've kept Mayo, he would've been a future all-star for sure... instead they trade for a few mediocore talent players...

They need to package some of that mediocore talent and some of the draft picks to get themselves top 5 picks and all-star caliber talent to surround Jefferson.

S-Dot
01-02-2009, 10:25 AM
I definitely agree. O.J. Mayo and Al Jefferson would have been a combo that have could possibly given them ESPN or TNT airtime, but Kevin McHale sees great potential in Kevin Love, which is why I think his days are numbered. He is receiving the Isiah Thomas treatment from last year with the Knicks.

BoognishMN
01-02-2009, 10:44 AM
Rebuilding will begin when McFail is finnaly let go at the end of the year. He is the NBA version of Matt Millen. To even start a list of all the Bad moves he's made would take too long. Until he is gone, the Wolves have no future.

phlp_bj
01-02-2009, 10:56 AM
they'll just have another lotto pick again which brings in another young player. imagine if they got rubio or thabeet

jimbobjarree
01-02-2009, 11:59 AM
they have 3/4 first rounders in the 09 draft, and some decent young talent, they could easliy make a trade for a decent player to put with AL if they wanted, or continue rebuilding with the picks, they are still in a decent position

op12
01-02-2009, 12:08 PM
i agree the mayo trade was a mistake. love really needs to step it up or they need to package him for a solid star. they do have too much young talent that has potential but they arent really living up to it. they should keep mcants to have a scoring punch at sg and gomes for a good role player and look to trade anybody else.

_Sn1P3r_
01-02-2009, 12:10 PM
they'll just have another lotto pick again which brings in another young player. imagine if they got rubio or thabeet

I imagine them getting Thabeet to compliment Al up front and have Al play PF.

S-Dot
01-02-2009, 12:14 PM
i agree the mayo trade was a mistake. love really needs to step it up or they need to package him for a solid star. they do have too much young talent that has potential but they arent really living up to it. they should keep mcants to have a scoring punch at sg and gomes for a good role player and look to trade anybody else.

I'm not a huge TWolves fan, but I feel bad for Al jefferson. I feel the exact same way with the whole Mayo trade and keeping McCants (I'm a UNC guy), but I think it is time to get rid of foye, mike miller, corey brewer (if he can regain his trade value), for some better complimentary players or an impact player. They need a true center and point guard.

La11
01-02-2009, 12:37 PM
Nba should have worst gm of the year. Mchale shud win it every year.

catheris
01-02-2009, 12:52 PM
they need a good point guard that will make the talent they have better
bibby is a aging point guard that might help he is olso a free agent after this year
felton might be a young player that we might want.
do not draft thabeet he is to slow he gets beet on pick and rolls all day long
rubio would be the only player that is worth the #2 pick if you dont want him
trade down two to three spots and take curry or harden
with our second pick we need to get budinger if we take rubio if we pass on rubio we need to get lawson with our second pick
if we get utah's pick this year we need to take calathis from florida
with boston's pick we should take collison our a back up center
with our 2nd round picks we need use them to get these players are trade them for picks in 2010.
we could trade our first pick to the clippers and get the pick back that we owe them for the marko trade.
foye can play the shooting guard and score. so who needs mayo.

the key to getting better is getting good point guards we will continue to suck until we get a point guard that can make te other players better and defend other point guards
parker scored 55 ponts/ kidd had 16 assists and terry scored 30 points/ this needs to stop

phila_gorilla
01-02-2009, 12:58 PM
Thabeet or Rubio/Jennings would be nice compliments to Jefferson. A point guard would be for obvious reasons and Thabeet would be great because then Jefferson could move to PF.

what54!?
01-02-2009, 01:11 PM
1st: fire Mchale. Get him as far away as possible.
2nd. Get a point guard in the draft. They have love who should start next to jefferson.

Tblaze
01-02-2009, 01:23 PM
1st: fire Mchale. Get him as far away as possible.
2nd. Get a point guard in the draft. They have love who should start next to jefferson.

2 undersized big men.... I just don't see how that would work...

D-Leethal
01-02-2009, 01:38 PM
Mayo, Roy, Brewer, Al Jeff, anyone

oh wait.....

fire mchale

Sport
01-02-2009, 01:43 PM
This years draft really makes or breaks the Wolves IMO. Im not under the whole "Mayo is god impression". Love has the talent to be a really scary duo with Jefferson. You have to give it a little more time than what its been.

The Wolves NEED to draft smart this next draft.

S-Dot
01-02-2009, 02:11 PM
Brandon Jennings would be nice....they could be in the race for Blake Griffin as well; if some of the Wolves fans are sold on Al Jefferson at Center, Griffin would not be a bad PF.

DitchDat
01-02-2009, 09:57 PM
They should trade for a veteran center to put next to Al Jeff.
I didn't like the Kevin Love-for-OJ Mayo swap... K-Love is a great player, but he's too small to play center and they already have a soon-to-be All-Star PF in Big Al.

DIdn't like it at-all.

superkegger
01-02-2009, 10:13 PM
I am actually optimistic about their future.

Kevin Mchale assembled this team and now was removed of his GM duties and made to make them perform. Bad new for Mchale, they're not performing well. This could spell his demise. And should.

Now its just a quesiton of if Glen Taylor is going to bring in people who actually know how to run a NBA franchise, if he does, then they could have a decent future, because they have some young talent obviously to work with, but if Glen Taylor continues to run a piss poor organization, they're not going anywhere.

SensandRaps
01-02-2009, 10:44 PM
as much as the wolves need a point guard if the wolves get a good center in the draft and then trade love at the draft for point guard help if will be a good rebuilding start imo

Hawkeye15
01-03-2009, 12:01 AM
Fire McHale first. Then, they need to move McCants for anything. After that, they have a ton of picks and cash. Better days are ahead for them, as long as McHale isn't making decisions. I would consider bringing in an outside GM, who has no ties to the current roster. Telfair needs to go as well. He is the worst shooter I have ever seen. They have a bright future, but a few things need to change, for sure. And it starts with McHale

Hawkeye15
01-03-2009, 12:04 AM
as far as the Love for Mayo swap, we need to wait a couple years. Mayo gets monster minutes, and has proven to be a scorer, and nothing else. Love has proven to the be the best offensive rebounder in the NBA when given minutes, and is smart enough to learn how to get to the line. He will be a player. The question is, will Mayo be a stud? I think he is Ben Gordon's clone, but that is my opinion.

IversonIsKrazy
01-03-2009, 01:09 AM
they could've had less to worry abt if they still had OJ. the blanks would simbolize as needed positions.

PG: Foye
SG: OJ
SF:
PF: Al-Jeff
C:

now...

PG: Foye
SG:
SF:
PF: AL-Jeff
C:

IMO, Randy Foye is not bad, he'll get u abt 15, 5 rite now. maybe that'll grow to 17, 6. they really really need help at the wing spots though.

NastyRud
01-03-2009, 09:25 PM
It seems like T-Wolves need a PG & C. What do ya'll T-Wolves fans think about this trade? I would also give up a conditional pick if this trade seems unfair as is.

http://games.espn.go.com/nba/features/traderesult?players=3449~558~1981~3224&teams=4~4~16~16&te=&cash=

It would give ya'll this line-up and allows Jefferson to move to PF. You would have gotten a PG & C plus great flexiabilty for the upcoming draft with your picks.

PG - Hinrich / Foye
SG - McCants / Brewer
SF - Gomes / Carney
PF - Jefferson / Smith / Cardinal
C - Noah / Collins / Booth

boeknows
01-04-2009, 03:17 AM
It seems like T-Wolves need a PG & C. What do ya'll T-Wolves fans think about this trade? I would also give up a conditional pick if this trade seems unfair as is.

http://games.espn.go.com/nba/features/traderesult?players=3449~558~1981~3224&teams=4~4~16~16&te=&cash=

It would give ya'll this line-up and allows Jefferson to move to PF. You would have gotten a PG & C plus great flexiabilty for the upcoming draft with your picks.

PG - Hinrich / Foye
SG - McCants / Brewer
SF - Gomes / Carney

That is a horrible trade for Wolves fans.

Mauersota
01-04-2009, 03:45 AM

PG - Hinrich / Foye
SG - McCants / Brewer
SF - Gomes / Carney

Foye would start over McCants.

But to the huge point Love>Noah and Miller>Hinrich. There is a better chance the wolves trade for Rose then that trade you wet dreamt up.

thrilla11
01-04-2009, 04:26 PM
They have Jefferson and Love and Miller if they dont trade him for MORE picks this draft. But with three picks in the first round?!?! They have to get better. I say they draft James Harden out of Arizona State and the T-Wolves are forgiven for the OJ Mayo trade.

DreamShaker
01-04-2009, 11:08 PM
I watched love yesterday and was very impressed....he is stepping it up....I was afraid he would settle for weak lay-ups and not be aggressive enough...which he has shown in the past....but a play he did impressed me....he got a weak lay-up rejected....then the next play he looked like he was gonna do it again then he all of a sudden elevated for a nasty dunk....I liked that....showed the wherewithal to adjust and show an extra gear....he is very strong, very smart, and very skilled....not sure if he is the right fit for the T-Wolves and not sure if moving Mayo was the right move.....but Love is gonna be a special player if he works hard....

mnvikings28
01-04-2009, 11:12 PM
They have Jefferson and Love and Miller if they dont trade him for MORE picks this draft. But with three picks in the first round?!?! They have to get better. I say they draft James Harden out of Arizona State and the T-Wolves are forgiven for the OJ Mayo trade.

YES!! I completely agree with you! I want to see Harden come to the Wolves next year!! He is a pure SG that the Wolves desperately need!

Iodine
01-04-2009, 11:19 PM
I watched love yesterday and was very impressed....he is stepping it up....I was afraid he would settle for weak lay-ups and not be aggressive enough...which he has shown in the past....but a play he did impressed me....he got a weak lay-up rejected....then the next play he looked like he was gonna do it again then he all of a sudden elevated for a nasty dunk....I liked that....showed the wherewithal to adjust and show an extra gear....he is very strong, very smart, and very skilled....not sure if he is the right fit for the T-Wolves and not sure if moving Mayo was the right move.....but Love is gonna be a special player if he works hard....

Love=more agressive brad miller

I like this team i think Big Al can play C. Im disapointed as **** with brewer but he will be a solid role player for years. Foye will be a good combo/SG when they trade miller for picks for a future draft and draft a PG this year
thats a solid lineup of PG/Foye/FA or drafted SF/Love/ big daddy jesus

S-Dot
01-06-2009, 08:57 AM
as much as the wolves need a point guard if the wolves get a good center in the draft and then trade love at the draft for point guard help if will be a good rebuilding start imo

I agree that a Center and PG would be nice in the draft with the 3-4 picks they have in the 1st rd. I do not think trading love after one season is a good idea just yet unless it's an obviously great trade offer

JordansBulls
01-06-2009, 10:49 AM
Had the Wolves kept Brandon Roy in the draft they would be what the Blazers will become.

S-Dot
01-06-2009, 10:52 AM
Had the Wolves kept Brandon Roy in the draft they would be what the Blazers will become.

Great point. That's a huge IF, but that could have kept KG in Minnesota a little longer. Wow; that's one I forgot about...poor Kevin McHale.

Missing56&33
01-06-2009, 03:50 PM
I dont think Al Jefferson is the answer. I think Al is a good player but not the guy you build around. They had that in KG. McHale failed as a GM by not putting the necessary pieces in place to get KG his championship. Twolves fans should be upset because Mchale put his Boston ties first and not the Twolves. Mchale is gone as GM now hes force to coach his mess, next move is out the door.

They are starting completely over until the next MJ comes along it will be awhile before they get back to the Western Conf Semis

oldenpolynice
01-06-2009, 03:55 PM
I personally was not against the Minnesota trade that sent KG to Boston. I am glad they gave him to a contender, and I think Al Jefferson is a great Power Forward (masked as a Center unfortunately). I also THOUGHT Telfair and Gerald Green would hold their ends on the trade as well. My question is where do you think this team is going now? Is McHale's time up? What coach do they need? It seems like they have plenty of draft picks in 09 so what should they do to help Al Jefferson, who's coming into his own as a potential All-star now. I am just not sure of the direction in which this franchise is going.

The direction for the T-Wolves right now is not good. It's hard to be hopeful for the draft picks in '09 when there is a guy like McHale deciding which players to choose. Love over Mayo? Foye over Roy? Those are both horrible decisions, franchise-crushing decisions.

The addition of Kevin Love this year helped the Wolves, well, not at all. Let's be honest, as long as McHale is around this team will be bad.