PDA

View Full Version : Who is odd man out in west? Which two teams will actually make a surge in east?

vinnyc1213
01-02-2009, 05:02 AM
1. * Boston --
2. * Cleveland 1.0
3. * Orlando 2.5
4. Atlanta 6.0
5. Detroit 7.5
6. Miami 9.5
7. New Jersey 12.5
8. Milwaukee 13.0
9. Chicago 13.5
10. Philadelphia 14.0
11. New York 14.5
12. Toronto 15.5
13. Charlotte 16.5
14. Indiana 17.0
15. Washington 20.5

1. * LA Lakers --
2. * New Orleans 5.0
3. San Antonio 5.5
4. * Denver 5.5
5. Houston 5.5
6. Portland 6.0
7. Dallas 6.5
8. Phoenix 7.0
9. Utah 7.5
10. Memphis 16.0
11. Golden State 17.0
12. LA Clippers 17.5
13. Sacramento 18.0
14. Minnesota 19.5
15. Oklahoma City 22.5

Which two teams have the strength to make a run in the east, and which of the west's strong 9 will fade?

Tblaze
01-02-2009, 05:20 AM
in the east I think Toronto and Philly will make a push, especially philly I just can't imagine them not making the playoffs.

In the west it's too early to tell, however with Boozer out for another while.. Utah might be the odd team out. But somehow I can't imagine them missing the playoffs.. It will all depend on teams staying healthy.. One of Phoenix, Dallas, Portland or Utah are the ones I see fighting for the final 3 spots.

hockeypro68
01-02-2009, 06:49 AM
I like your scenario. I think Indiana that low or Miami and New Orleans that high are unlikely, but otherwise its reasonable. I think Out west, the only teams capable of making it to the finals are the Lakers, Spurs, Suns, or Rockets, and out East Celtics, Cavs, and maybe even the Magic if Dwight is unstoppable and Jameer and Rashard continue to step it up and ball.

astrosmaniac
01-02-2009, 09:37 AM
I like your scenario. I think Indiana that low or Miami and New Orleans that high are unlikely, but otherwise its reasonable. I think Out west, the only teams capable of making it to the finals are the Lakers, Spurs, Suns, or Rockets, and out East Celtics, Cavs, and maybe even the Magic if Dwight is unstoppable and Jameer and Rashard continue to step it up and ball.

he just took the current rankings and posted them, these arent predictions...

S-Dot
01-02-2009, 11:07 AM
In the west, I think the odd man out will be Dallas or Utah (depending on the status of Carlos Boozer). In the East, I think Toronto will make that push, similar to that of the Hawks last year, though the East boils down to LeBron vs. Celtics. I also find it highly possible that the Thunder will lose more game than the top two teams in the West combined.

jimbobjarree
01-02-2009, 11:56 AM
^its about time people started mentioning Utah for odd man out in the West.

but we'll have Millsap back, and Deron looks back to 100%, I honestly think we will have no problem making the playoffs, and realistically think that we will be top 3 West by the end of January

astrosmaniac
01-02-2009, 12:27 PM
the one thing i think people are over looking is how well the rockets have done even with our injuries, and no im not talking about mcgrady. he's always hurt (except the playoffs), but guys like shane battier, rafer alston, ron artest, brent barry, and van wafer have been hurt. thats 4 guys out of our 8-9 man rotation out, yet were still tied for 3rd in the west. eventually battier will be better, he just came back from his surgery too soon cause artest got hurt. artest hasnt been able to take time off to heal, and he will eventually, so by the playoffs i think we will be completely healthy and a force to be reckoned with

La11
01-02-2009, 12:42 PM
if toronto will make a push they need to get a better 2-3 wing man. I hate to say it but i hope the suns should be the odd man out. It just shows that letting d'antoni go was a big mistake!! and steve could only make shots not make good gm decision.

yaowowrocket11
01-02-2009, 12:43 PM
the one thing i think people are over looking is how well the rockets have done even with our injuries, and no im not talking about mcgrady. he's always hurt (except the playoffs), but guys like shane battier, rafer alston, ron artest, brent barry, and van wafer have been hurt. thats 4 guys out of our 8-9 man rotation out, yet were still tied for 3rd in the west. eventually battier will be better, he just came back from his surgery too soon cause artest got hurt. artest hasnt been able to take time off to heal, and he will eventually, so by the playoffs i think we will be completely healthy and a force to be reckoned with

I definitely agree. The Rockets have actually been playing stellar with all their injuries.