PDA

View Full Version : How would the 2000's All Decade Team Look after next year.

JordansBulls
01-01-2009, 08:18 PM
Put players at every position and create a bench as well.

NOTE: Total should be 12 players and on the bench have at least 2 guards (doesn't matter if PG's or SG's and at least 2 Forwards doesn't matter if SF's or PF's, and 2 Centers)

The Answer3
01-01-2009, 08:27 PM
I just did this on ISH.

G Allen Iverson
G Kobe Bryant
F Kevin Garnett
F Tim Duncan
C Shaquille O'Neal

G Jason Kidd
G Steve Nash
F Dirk Nowitzki
F LeBron James
C Yao Ming

G Dwyane Wade
F Paul Pierce

HM: Tracy McGrady, Chris Webber, Ben Wallace.

My reasoning for not having guys like Chris Paul, Dwight Howard, Deron etc. These guys came into the league in the mid-00s and really started to dominate in the late 00s while guys like Kidd, Nash etc have been playing at a top level for the most part. However, LeBron and Wade have accomplished enough in this decade to earn a spot.

astrosmaniac
01-01-2009, 08:31 PM
I just did this on ISH.

G Allen Iverson
G Kobe Bryant
F Kevin Garnett
F Tim Duncan
C Shaquille O'Neal

G Jason Kidd
G Steve Nash
F Dirk Nowitzki
F LeBron James
C Yao Ming

G Dwyane Wade
F Paul Pierce

HM: Tracy McGrady, Chris Webber, Ben Wallace.

My reasoning for not having guys like Chris Paul, Dwight Howard, Deron etc. These guys came into the league in the mid-00s and really started to dominate in the late 00s while guys like Kidd, Nash etc have been playing at a top level for the most part. However, LeBron and Wade have accomplished enough in this decade to earn a spot.

i might put mcgrady over pierce because he was simple dominant 2-3 years ago, but it depends on how he rebounds the rest of this year

dre1990
01-01-2009, 08:54 PM
1st team

C - Shaquille O'Neal
F - Tim Duncan
F - LeBron James (i know he only came into the NBA in the 03-04 season but he has just been a better player than KG , not including his rookie season)
G - KB24
G - Allen Iverson

2nd team

C - Yao Ming (Dwight might be better, but he has only been better from the 07-08 season)
F - KG
F - Dirk Nowitzki
G - Steve Nash
G - Jason Kidd

3rd team
C - Dwight Howard
F - Paul Peirce
F - T-mac
G - Dwayne Wade
G - Chauncey Billups

da wood
01-01-2009, 08:59 PM
i like the answers list except i would put tracy in there over pierce

superkegger
01-01-2009, 09:00 PM
hmm. thats tough.

C-Shaq
F-Duncan
F-Garnett
G-Kobe
G-Iverson (not sure about the other guard, extremely tough to decide)

C-Yao
F-Dirk
F-Lebron
G-Wade
G-Billups

F-Pierce
G/F-Nash

superkegger
01-01-2009, 09:01 PM

its tough for me to leave out a finals mvp, for tmac, who however good he is when healthy, has had just as much time being off and not at the great level. :shrug: its a tough call for only 12 spots.

IMO the first team is pretty easy except for the other guard. Kobe, shaq, garnett and duncan are straight no brainers

JordansBulls
01-01-2009, 09:05 PM
hmm. thats tough.

C-Shaq
F-Duncan
F-Garnett
G-Kobe
G-Iverson (not sure about the other guard, extremely tough to decide)

C-Yao
F-Dirk
F-Lebron
G-Wade
G-Billups

F-Pierce
G/F-Nash

What about Kidd? He led his team to two finals appearances.

I definitely don't think Billups is in it. The guy really don't come along until 2004-2005.

superkegger
01-01-2009, 09:14 PM
What about Kidd? He led his team to two finals appearances.

I definitely don't think Billups is in it. The guy really don't come along until 2004-2005.

or 2002-2003....

And Chauncey also led his team to two finals appearances. He also won one, and was the Finals MVP too.

Billups is still playing at a high level, and when he was traded this year his impact was a positive one. Can we say that about Kidd when he was traded? I don't know. But that I think has to be taken into account. Billups may not have been playing at as high of a level earlier this decade like Jason, but he's playing at a higher level late in this decade, unlike Jason.

Not taking anything away from Jason Kidd. He's a great player. It's a tough call.

The Answer3
01-01-2009, 09:19 PM

I can't choose between T-Mac and Pierce for some reason. T-Mac has no success whatsoever in the playoffs but he has more All-NBA teams, a couple of scoring titles etc. Pierce has led his team to the ECF with Antoine Walker and has a ring and a finals MVP. I gave the slight nod to Pierce.

J4KOP99
01-01-2009, 09:23 PM
Kidd
Bryant
T-Mac
Duncan
Shaq

AI
Garnett
Yao
Nash
LeBron
Dirk
Ray Allen

superkegger
01-01-2009, 09:28 PM
Kidd
Bryant
T-Mac
Duncan
Shaq

AI
Garnett
Yao
Nash
LeBron
Dirk
Ray Allen

Tmac over KG is laughable.

lakers4sho
01-01-2009, 09:34 PM
L4S's 2000 All Decade Team

C - Shaq / Yao
F - Duncan / K.G. / Dirk
F - LeBron / Pierce
G - Bryant / Wade
G - Iverson / Billups / Kidd

J4KOP99
01-01-2009, 09:34 PM
Tmac over KG is laughable.

When in the hell has KG ever played small forward? That is what my starting line up would look like. T-Mac over the past decade has been incredible for the most part. Personally, I do not like him at all but look at what he did early on in the 00's, he was one of the best players in the league for a long time.

Until last year I would consider KG and T-Mac in the same breath. Now that KG won a title, he has an edge but that still does not mean he plays small forward. He has even been considered a center in the past!

superkegger
01-01-2009, 09:38 PM
When in the hell has KG ever played small forward? That is what my starting line up would look like. T-Mac over the past decade has been incredible for the most part. Personally, I do not like him at all but look at what he did early on in the 00's, he was one of the best players in the league for a long time.

Until last year I would consider KG and T-Mac in the same breath. Now that KG won a title, he has an edge but that still does not mean he plays small forward. He has even been considered a center in the past!

Doesn't matter what position he plays, its forwards in general.

Its just like the All NBA teams, and all star teams.

The top forwards (or guards) are what is voted upon, not by specific position.

JPOOCH
01-01-2009, 09:39 PM
What about Vince Carter?

He's had 20+ Points Per Game since 2000

Durant is hype
01-01-2009, 09:42 PM
2 Forwards doesn't matter if SF's or PF's, and 2 Centers)

Read the quote.

J4KOP99
01-01-2009, 09:42 PM
What about Vince Carter?

Damn...good call. I'll put him on my team instead of Ray Allen.

Durant is hype
01-01-2009, 09:43 PM
What about Vince Carter?

What has he done since 00-04,to be in that lineup.

bostncelts34
01-01-2009, 09:45 PM
Iverson
Bryant
KG
Duncan
Shaq

Reserves:
Lebron
nash
kidd
Pierce
Nowitzki
Yao
Billups

andybauer91
01-01-2009, 09:51 PM
PG. Iverson
SG. Bryant
SF. Vince Carter
PF. Tim Duncan
C. Shaq

NEXT
PG. Kidd
SG. McGrady
SF. Pierce
PF. Garnett
C. Mutumbo

Bench
Lebron
Ray Allen
Rasheed Wallace
Shawn Marion
Steve Nash

jkiddvc20
01-01-2009, 09:54 PM
Shaq, Yao Ming
Tim Duncan, Kevin Garnett
Lebron James, Paul Pierce
Kobe Bryant, Vince Carter
Jason Kidd, Steve Nash

Dirk Nowitzki, Tracy Mcgrady

jkiddvc20
01-01-2009, 09:55 PM
What has he done since 00-04,to be in that lineup.

Only be the only player in the NBA besides Kobe to average at least 20-5-5 a season.

superkegger
01-01-2009, 09:58 PM
Shaq, Yao Ming
Kevin Garnett, Dirk Nowitzki
Lebron James, Paul Pierce
Kobe Bryant, Vince Carter
Jason Kidd, Steve Nash

Paul Pierce, Tracy Mcgrady

there's this guy,Tim Duncan, you might want to think about adding him. He's considered by many to be the best PF of all time, and at the very least his 3 rings in the 2000's and 2 finals mvps, and 2 mvps make him more than qualified to be on the first team all 2000's

Diego_Le
01-01-2009, 09:58 PM
Only be the only player in the NBA besides Kobe to average at least 20-5-5 a season.

Aren't u forgetting about LeBron James who had 30-7-7 Last season

jkiddvc20
01-01-2009, 10:00 PM
there's this guy,Tim Duncan, you might want to think about adding him. He's considered by many to be the best PF of all time, and at the very least his 3 rings in the 2000's and 2 finals mvps, and 2 mvps make him more than qualified to be on the first team all 2000's

OMG I completely forgot him I have no idea how I could do that i would by far have him starting over KG and would put KG as backup and take off Paul Pierce let me fix that now.

jkiddvc20
01-01-2009, 10:01 PM
Aren't u forgetting about LeBron James who had 30-7-7 Last season

I meant since 2000.

The Answer3
01-01-2009, 10:01 PM
VC, in my book, has no business being on this list. He had the potential to be top 10 all-time (no joke) but never the mindset. I don't care if he averaged 49/10. He isn't making my list.

jkiddvc20
01-01-2009, 10:03 PM
VC, in my book, has no business being on this list. He had the potential to be top 10 all-time (no joke) but never the mindset. I don't care if he averaged 49/10. He isn't making my list.

Fully your opinion. Vince Carter takes so much crap from everyone but that does not matter because people listen to whatever those damn Toronto fans and the media say.

superkegger
I think these 4 are the top 4 as far as the 2000's all decade team go.

C: Shaq
F: Duncan
F: Garnett
G: Kobe

the other guard spot and the reserves are all debatable to some point, but I really don't think those 4 are arguable.

mosdef17

Was just about to say, anyone that leaves out Tim Duncan does not know what they are talking about. He won 3 titles in the decade and in 1999 (although 1999 is not considered in this thread I am aware). By the time the decade is out he would have been voted to and started in probably 10 straight All-Star games as well as everything mentioned above. Tim Duncan, Kobe and Shaq are the only 3 definite locks in the team in my opinion. One guard spot (PG) and one forward spot (SF) are debatable but Shaq, Kobe and Duncan are definite locks.

Also, a guy not being mentioned enough (if at all) is Chauncey Billups, he probably deserves some mention as he won a Championship and was Finals MVP and led the Pistons to the conference finals something like five times? Led them to the finals about two times? I lose track, but that is too much success for him not to be in the conversation. He is not the first person you think of but when you see his resume it is very hard leaving the guy out.

jkiddvc20
01-01-2009, 10:04 PM

the other guard spot and the reserves are all debatable to some point, but I really don't think those 4 are arguable.

Fully agree with you.

pippsux
01-01-2009, 10:04 PM
1 st team

C Shaq
F Duncan
F LeBron
G Kobe
G Kidd

coach: Greg Popovitch

2nd team

C Yao
F KG
F Dirk
G AI
G Parker

coach: Phil Jackson

Honorable mention: Tmac, Vince Carter, Nash, Chris Webber.

The Answer3
01-01-2009, 10:05 PM
Fully your opinion. Vince Carter takes so much crap from everyone but that does not matter because people listen to whatever those damn Toronto fans and the media say.

I'm not a VC hater and I don't care what Toronto fans or the media says about him. I've seen lots of time where this dude's just given up. I was so high on VC from his rookie season to the 00-01 season. Thats where the downfall began. And in terms of stats, they don't really mean much until you back them up. He's never been past the 2nd round if I'm not mistaken.

jkiddvc20
01-01-2009, 10:09 PM
I'm not a VC hater and I don't care what Toronto fans or the media says about him. I've seen lots of time where this dude's just given up. I was so high on VC from his rookie season to the 00-01 season. Thats where the downfall began. And in terms of stats, they don't really mean much until you back them up. He's never been past the 2nd round if I'm not mistaken.

ONE shot away from single handely taking his team to the finals. I cant stand when people says he has no passion or fire for the game when clearly that is not true. Watch him play on the court he cares more than anyone and he plays his *** off night in and night out. 23-5-5 does not lie he is a special talent and gets more crap than anyone should and he handles it like a real class act and a real man.

ItsTheLastAce
01-01-2009, 10:12 PM

There is no arguing that
:clap: :clap: :clap: :clap:

The Answer3
01-01-2009, 10:12 PM
ONE shot away from single handely taking his team to the finals. I cant stand when people says he has no passion or fire for the game when clearly that is not true. Watch him play on the court he cares more than anyone and he plays his *** off night in and night out. 23-5-5 does not lie he is a special talent and gets more crap than anyone should and he handles it like a real class act and a real man.

Yeah, one shot one away. Fact is that he didn't make it. Please, plenty of times in T.O has he shown signs of not willing to play. He performed much better in NJ. And looks rejuvanted this season. And he has 2 All-NBA teams. 0 1st teams.

camador22
01-01-2009, 10:14 PM
First team
G-Kidd
G-Wade
SF-Lebron
PF-Duncan
C-Shaq

Second team
G-Nash
G-Kobe
SF-Dirk
PF-KG
C-Yao

Durant is hype
01-01-2009, 11:10 PM

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=BuqD9XiMNv0

what54!?
01-01-2009, 11:29 PM
C: shaq
pf: Timmy D
sf: lebron
sg: kobe
g: kidd

BN
KG
yao
wade
carmelo
AI
pierce
ray allen: he should be in it

JordansBulls
01-01-2009, 11:51 PM
Seems like a few hang ups over the final guard spot.

Is it Wade? Is it Kidd? Is it Iverson? Is it Nash?

Tough call.

Or a few hang ups on the final starting Forward spot? Is it KG? Is it Lebron?

zo#33
01-01-2009, 11:53 PM
KG and AI imo

what54!?
01-01-2009, 11:58 PM
It should be Kg and AI. They both have been monsters this decade. Besides we all know lebron is the next decade too... let him have then.

superkegger
01-02-2009, 12:01 AM
Lebron has been great and all, but KG's resume is still better.

ring
mvp
dpoy
all nba teams

kingjanjic
01-02-2009, 12:12 AM
First team
G-Kidd
G-Wade
SF-Lebron
PF-Duncan
C-Shaq

Second team
G-Nash
G-Kobe
SF-Dirk
PF-KG
C-Yao

when u have wade n kidd over kobe, u just make me laugh, thats like having gary payton over jordan in the guard spot last decade.

2nd of all, lebron over garnet is debateable, i can let that slide, n i dunno about Yao or dirk

lakers4sho
01-02-2009, 12:16 AM
First team
G-Kidd
G-Wade
SF-Lebron
PF-Duncan
C-Shaq

Second team
G-Nash
G-Kobe
SF-Dirk
PF-KG
C-Yao

classic.

THE MTL
01-02-2009, 12:20 AM
PG- Iverson
SG- Kobe
SF- James
PF- Duncan
C- Shaq

JordansBulls
01-02-2009, 12:25 AM
when u have wade n kidd over kobe, u just make me laugh, thats like having gary payton over jordan in the guard spot last decade.

We are clearly talking about 2000 players. Use them. And no it is not the same as having Gary Payton over MJ not even close.

SeoulBeatz
01-02-2009, 12:30 AM
Shaq/ Duncan
KG/ Nowitzki
Lebron/ McGrady
Bryant/ Wade/ VC
Iverson/ Kidd/ Nash

lakers4sho
01-02-2009, 12:34 AM
We are clearly talking about 2000 players. Use them. And no it is not the same as having Gary Payton over MJ not even close.

How so?

JordansBulls
01-02-2009, 12:37 AM
How so?

First off Wade has a finals MVP and Kidd took a team to the finals twice as the man. Kobe is ahead of them, but it is much closer than how much ahead MJ is over Payton. Payton got to the finals once, and the Semfinals a few times. Kidd was a top candidate in MVP voting and finished 2nd a few times. Wade has had the best numbers a few times in the league. That is why the situation wasn't close to being the same.

lakers4sho
01-02-2009, 12:40 AM
Wade is arguable (not really) but Kidd over Kobe is just absurd.

Whatever.

JordansBulls
01-02-2009, 12:51 AM

Whatever.

I'm not saying either one should be put in front of Kobe, but they have a much better case and it is at least debateable even if it is slightly. Payton over MJ isn't debateable by any means. That's pretty much all I was saying.

Sox Appeal
01-02-2009, 01:18 AM
PG - Steve Nash
SG - Kobe Bryant
SF - Lebron James
PF - Tim Duncan
C - Shaq

This was BY FAR my toughest selection. Players like Allen Iverson, Steve Nash, Jason Kidd, and Tony Parker are all deserving of the selection. But in the end, I had to go with Nash. What he's accomplished during his tenure in Phoenix is nothing short of amazing. He won consecutive MVP's (Which has only done by Jordan, Duncan, Russell, Moses & Karl Malone, Wilt, Bird, and Kareem, in case you haven't noticed, all of these players are future hall of famers, if they aren't in already) and was a fixed game away from potentially winning himself an NBA Championship.

I don't really need to explain Kobe as the SG.

This SF spot wasn't exactly an easy decision with quality players like Paul Pierce, T-Mac, etc. to consider for this spot. But in the end, I had to go with Lebron. Even though Lebron hasn't been playing in the league for the entire decade, the time he's spent in the league, he's been an incredible player. He single handily carried his Cavs team to the Finals (something no player outside of Allen Iverson did during this decade) and also put up some pretty impressive numbers during his time in the league. (Career averages: 27.4 PPG 5.6 REB 6.6 AST 47.0 FG%)

This could be the easiest selection of them all. Outside of Garnett, there isn't another player who is semi-deserving of the award. He (Duncan) was hands down the best player on a team that won 3 championships during this decade, and they have a chance to win even more. That alone should make him a no brainier for this selection.

Shaq is obviously one of the most dominate big men in NBA history. He's shot WELL over 55% in every season this decade and he's also averaged a double-double in 6 of the 8 seasons during the decade. Add that to the fact that he was the 'anchor' for a team that 3-peat, and he was a a VERY solid #2 option on his other championship team.

JordansBulls
01-02-2009, 01:22 AM
PG - Steve Nash
SG - Kobe Bryant
SF - Lebron James
PF - Tim Duncan
C - Shaq

This was BY FAR my toughest selection. Players like Allen Iverson, Steve Nash, Jason Kidd, and Tony Parker are all deserving of the selection. But in the end, I had to go with Nash. What he's accomplished during his tenure in Phoenix is nothing short of amazing. He won consecutive MVP's (Which has only done by Jordan, Duncan, Russell, Moses & Karl Malone, Wilt, Bird, and Kareem, in case you haven't noticed, all of these players are future hall of famers, if they aren't in already) and was a fixed game away from potentially winning himself an NBA Championship.

I don't really need to explain Kobe as the SG.

This SF spot wasn't exactly an easy decision with quality players like Paul Pierce, T-Mac, etc. to consider for this spot. But in the end, I had to go with Lebron. Even though Lebron hasn't been playing in the league for the entire decade, the time he's spent in the league, he's been an incredible player. He single handily carried his Cavs team to the Finals (something no player outside of Allen Iverson did during this decade) and also put up some pretty impressive numbers during his time in the league. (Career averages: 27.4 PPG 5.6 REB 6.6 AST 47.0 FG%)

This could be the easiest selection of them all. Outside of Garnett, there isn't another player who is semi-deserving of the award. He (Duncan) was hands down the best player on a team that won 3 championships during this decade, and they have a chance to win even more. That alone should make him a no brainier for this selection.

Shaq is obviously one of the most dominate big men in NBA history. He's shot WELL over 55% in every season this decade and he's also averaged a double-double in 6 of the 8 seasons during the decade. Add that to the fact that he was the 'anchor' for a team that 3-peat, and he was a a VERY solid #2 option on his other championship team.

Well if you put Nash then you should put Garnett over Lebron. Because Garnett now has a MVP, DPOY and ring.

homestarunner93
01-02-2009, 01:24 AM
G- Allen Iverson
G- Kobe Bryant
F- Kevin Garnett
F- Tim Duncan
C- Shaq

G- Jason Kidd
G- Steve Nash
F- Lebron James
F- Dirk Nowitski
C- Ming Yao

Bench: Ray Allen, Tracy McGrady

Sox Appeal
01-02-2009, 03:11 AM
Well if you put Nash then you should put Garnett over Lebron. Because Garnett now has a MVP, DPOY and ring.

I would have put Garnett over Lebron, if they played the same position. But they don't. Lebron is a SF, and Garnett is a PF/C.

UnWantedTheory
01-02-2009, 03:26 AM
Matt Bonner
Bruce Bowen
Tim Duncan
Michael Finley
Manu Ginobili
Malik Hairston
George Hill
Ian Mahinmi
Roger Mason
Fabricio Oberto
Tony Parker
Kurt Thomas
Anthony Tolliver
Jacque Vaughn

JK...

UnWantedTheory
01-02-2009, 03:27 AM
:D.....Of course Im joking.

Chronz
01-02-2009, 03:33 AM
I guess Im the only one who think LeBron should be ahead of KG, I understand he hasnt played as long but hes played at a higher level. And since the thread says AFTER next year that means LeBron will have an MVP and possible Finals birth behind it.

superkegger
01-02-2009, 04:09 AM
I would have put Garnett over Lebron, if they played the same position. But they don't. Lebron is a SF, and Garnett is a PF/C.

It doesn't matter if one is a sf and one a PF, just like the all star teams and all nba teams, it goes by forwards, period. and they are both forwards.

I guess Im the only one who think LeBron should be ahead of KG, I understand he hasnt played as long but hes played at a higher level. And since the thread says AFTER next year that means LeBron will have an MVP and possible Finals birth behind it.

That's true, but KG could have 2 rings and another DPOY...

And KG's played at a pretty high level for his entire career. Not quite on that level bron is on now, but still pretty ****ing elite. and he's done it defensively this entire decade as well.

Lakersfan2483
01-02-2009, 04:40 AM
Put players at every position and create a bench as well.

NOTE: Total should be 12 players and on the bench have at least 2 guards (doesn't matter if PG's or SG's and at least 2 Forwards doesn't matter if SF's or PF's, and 2 Centers)

Jason Kidd
Kobe Bryant
Lebron James
Tim Duncan
Shaquille O'neal

Bench:
Steve Nash
Dwayne Wade
Tracy McGrady
Paul Pierce
Dirk Nowitzki
Kevin Garnett
Allen Iverson

thesparky33
01-02-2009, 05:25 AM
G: Iverson

C: Yao
F: Webber
F: Dirk
G: McGrady
G: Kidd

I left off Lebron, Wade, etc because their prime hasnt even hit yet, and they will be in the 2010-2020 list.

BLOMETSFAN
01-02-2009, 06:28 AM
My first team would be...
C-Shaq
F-Tim Duncan
F-KG
G-Kobe
G-AI

2nd Team
C-Yao
F-Dirk
F-LeBron (He could move up depending on how this year ends)
G-Wade
G-Kidd

Bench would be Steve Nash and T-Mac.

LeaderofMars
01-02-2009, 06:49 AM
Kidd
Kobe
Bron
Duncan
Shaq

Baron
Iverson
McGrady
KG
Mutombo

reserves: His Airness Jordan, CP3

HM: Webber, The Mailman, Sam Cassell, Deron

Mutombo was a more dominant center than Yao, stronger defensive presence and his awkward baby hook was ugly but effective. When healthy Baron could crossover, pull up, and back down Nash/Billups with his eyes closed. Jordan... hah couldn't resist it. Old Jordan or Paul Pierce?! no contest.

S-Dot
01-02-2009, 09:31 AM
[QUOTE=The Answer3;7847306]I just did this on ISH.

G Allen Iverson
G Kobe Bryant
F Kevin Garnett
F Tim Duncan
C Shaquille O'Neal

G Jason Kidd
G Steve Nash
F Dirk Nowitzki
F LeBron James
C Yao Ming

G Dwyane Wade
F Paul Pierce

I think if you swap LeBron and KG, this is the most effective. Lazy McGrady has not gone past the 1st round; that is why Paul Pierce is above him. I'm surpised no one has mentioned MJ's two-year run with the Wizards from 01-03....just kidding.

JordansBulls
01-02-2009, 09:40 AM
G: Iverson

C: Yao
F: Webber
F: Dirk
G: McGrady
G: Kidd

I left off Lebron, Wade, etc because their prime hasnt even hit yet, and they will be in the 2010-2020 list.

Even so, can you say T-mac has been better than Lebron or even accomplished more this decade?

camador22
01-02-2009, 10:11 AM

Whatever.

By J.A Adande

But every so often Wade, who happens to be the league's leading scorer, makes you stop to reconsider the pecking order in the NBA. None of the other NBA young guns (30 and under, a group that includes LeBron, Kobe Bryant, Carmelo Anthony, Tracy McGrady and Dwight Howard) has single-handedly led his team to a championship the way Wade did with the Heat in 2006.

http://sports.espn.go.com/nba/dailydime?page=dime-081231

I only picked Kidd over Kobe because he's a better fit but Kobe's obviously more accompilsed. How could all these homers pick Iverson over Wade. He has no championships :confused:

Nighthawk
01-02-2009, 10:17 AM
Shaq/Yao
Duncan/Dirk
KG/Pierce
Lebron/Wade/Ray Allen
Kobe/A.I/Nash

Nighthawk
01-02-2009, 10:19 AM
Shaq/Yao
Duncan/Dirk
KG/Pierce
Lebron/Wade/Ray Allen
Kobe/A.I/Nash

Really ough but each of those guys have dominated the league one year or another oor at one time in there career...Really no wrong answer.

codes238
01-02-2009, 10:30 AM
i dont really even think there can be any debate here:
c - shaq/yao
pf - duncan/garnett
sf - lebron/pierce
sg - kobe/iverson
pg - kidd/nash

PSU840
01-02-2009, 11:07 AM
C: Shaquille O'Neal
F: Kevin Garnett
F: LeBron James
G: Kobe Bryant
G: Dwayne Wade

Bench:
C: Dwight Howard
F: Paul Pierce
F: Ben Wallace
G: Chauncey Billups
G: Steve Nash
G: Allen Iverson
G: Chris Paul

HM: Yao Ming, Gilbert Arenas

JordansBulls
01-02-2009, 01:19 PM
C: Shaquille O'Neal
F: Kevin Garnett
F: LeBron James
G: Kobe Bryant
G: Dwayne Wade

Bench:
C: Dwight Howard
F: Paul Pierce
F: Ben Wallace
G: Chauncey Billups
G: Steve Nash
G: Allen Iverson
G: Chris Paul

HM: Yao Ming, Gilbert Arenas

How the hell is Tim Duncan not on this list at all? The man only has 3 finals mvp's and 2 league mvp's. No one else from this era has that. Shaq has 3 finals mvp's but only 1 league mvp.

NYstateofMinD
01-02-2009, 01:52 PM
C-Shaq
F-Duncan
F-Garnett
G-Bryant
G-Iverson

G J Kidd
G Tmac
F LeBron
F Dirk
C Yao

G Nash
G Wade

lakers4sho
01-02-2009, 01:53 PM
Calm down JB lol. Maybe he just forgot.

thesparky33
01-02-2009, 02:54 PM
Am I the only one who thinks Webber deserves a spot?

The Answer3
01-02-2009, 08:13 PM
Am I the only one who thinks Webber deserves a spot?

I gave him an honourable mention. It was really sad to see a player of Webber's caliber go down to injuries. One of the best passing and shooting big men in NBA history.

The Answer3
01-02-2009, 08:25 PM
PG - Steve Nash
SG - Kobe Bryant
SF - Lebron James
PF - Tim Duncan
C - Shaq

I'm not making a case against you. I respect your opinion. But if you're talkin' about Nash's MVPs. He clearly didn't deserve them, maybe the one in 05-06. A good case for LeBron could be made. Nash, in my mind, was always an all-star caliber player. He had inflated stats due to playing in Mike's system but he played the system really well. How many guys peak statistcally during early 30s? Most peak during 26-27. You would wonder why that happened? Also, Nash right now is putting up the same numbers as he was in Dallas.

The main reason Nash won his first MVP was due to him changing a 29 win team to an elite team but that 29 win team, had guys injured. Marbury was injured. I can see a case for his 2nd MVP because Amare and JJ were gone.

Also, if you look at the fact, between Kidd, Iverson, Nash and Parker? Who is the worst defensively? Iverson and Nash. Both can't keep up with their guys. Nash has absolutely no argument in my mind for the 2nd best guard in the 00s after Kobe. And with all the talent he had, he has never been to the finals.

The Answer3
01-02-2009, 08:26 PM

I believe LeBron's the better player but KG accomplished a lot more. More All-NBA teams, a ring, MVP etc. And you can also say KG might have a DPOY and a ring after this year.

Chronz
01-02-2009, 09:14 PM
I'm not making a case against you. I respect your opinion. But if you're talkin' about Nash's MVPs. He clearly didn't deserve them, maybe the one in 05-06. A good case for LeBron could be made. Nash, in my mind, was always an all-star caliber player. He had inflated stats due to playing in Mike's system but he played the system really well. How many guys peak statistcally during early 30s? Most peak during 26-27. You would wonder why that happened? Also, Nash right now is putting up the same numbers as he was in Dallas.

The main reason Nash won his first MVP was due to him changing a 29 win team to an elite team but that 29 win team, had guys injured. Marbury was injured. I can see a case for his 2nd MVP because Amare and JJ were gone.

Also, if you look at the fact, between Kidd, Iverson, Nash and Parker? Who is the worst defensively? Iverson and Nash. Both can't keep up with their guys. Nash has absolutely no argument in my mind for the 2nd best guard in the 00s after Kobe. And with all the talent he had, he has never been to the finals.

I agree that Nash shouldnt be a 2-time MVP but people overstate the effect that DAntoni had on Nash's numbers, he had a better season on Dallas than his first MVP season, its just people look at per game averages and forget everything else. There are no inflated stats, they are just different. The so called inflation is due to people using per game averages as a barometer of performance when per minute and per possession stats are more accurate.

I believe LeBron's the better player but KG accomplished a lot more. More All-NBA teams, a ring, MVP etc. And you can also say KG might have a DPOY and a ring after this year.
To me being the better player and reaching a higher level of play is accomplishing more.

Raps18-19 Champ
01-02-2009, 09:24 PM
C- S.O'Neal, Yao
F- Duncan, Nowitzki, J.O'Neal
F- Garnett, Mcgrady
G- Bryant, Carter
G- Iverson, Kidd, Nash

Starters are a lock

For bench some people might disagree

Yao- Yao is popular and is a good shooting big man

Nowitzki- 1 time MVP and a good shooter for a bigman. Also went to the finals

Mcgrady- Was a top scorer before he go injured

Carter- Was at one time the most popular person in the league

Kidd- Took a crappy team top the finals twice. Is the Payton Manning of the NBA

J. O'neal- Was as dominant as Duncan and Garnett before he got injured

Nash- 2 time MVP, 1 of the best passers and is the Tom Brady of the NBA.