PDA

View Full Version : Is Raymond Felton Underrated?

VCaintdead17
01-01-2009, 03:51 PM
I personally think Felton is actually a top ten or at least a top fifteen point guard in the NBA. I would take him over Rajon Rondo, Jose Caulderon, Chris Duhon and maybe even Andre Miller. He could be a valuble asset on the right team, such as the heat or the timberwolves and there is plenty of room for him to improve. I think what sets him apart from other point guards is his passing. He averaged 7 assists a game last season ( his third year in the NBA)

I have a few questions

Do you think Raymond Felton underrated?

What do you think his numbers will be like at his peak?

Could he eventually become an all star?

Thanks, and good luck for the rest of the season

op12
01-02-2009, 12:26 PM
yes he should be an all star eventually. i think being on the cats has really messed up his development. they cant decide if they want to use him at pg or sg. he is a pg and while i wouldnt say i would take him over rondo or miller at this point, i think he has the potential to be a top 5 pg on the right team. this guy was on the cp3, d-will level coming into the nba, the cats just havent used him like those guys have been used.

nygiants242
01-02-2009, 12:29 PM
I like him a lot.. but honestly he shoots a horrible percentage, turns the ball over too much, and doesn't put up the points he should. He is a good ball distributor though overall, as he does get a good number of dimes a game.

JakeDelbreezy
01-02-2009, 01:34 PM
I think Felton has looked bad at times due to bad coaching. Sam Vincent basically stole a year of development time from him. Also, he's been on some very poor teams in the past....He's not had a lot to work with. Where as CP3 and D-Will have some guys around them. Is Felton on their level? No....However if you were to switch Rondo and Felton then I think that Felton would be viewed as a great player. Being good is sometimes determined by what's around you as much as being good based your own talent.

DerekRE_3
01-02-2009, 03:34 PM
I think Felton is rated just fine. And there is no way he is better than Rondo or Calderon.

JakeDelbreezy
01-02-2009, 04:32 PM
^^Don't you think Rondo is propped up a little by the Big 3? I'm not saying Felton is better than Rondo...I think Rondo's good, not great, but playing with those guys help's a lot. Felton has had a lot to deal with. Bad coaching, bad teams, and more over ridiculous expectations from the UNC infused Bobcats fan base. Either way...Felton is an Ok player..

DerekRE_3
01-02-2009, 06:36 PM
Yeah Felton is a starting caliber guard, he's just not at the same level as Rondo. Propped up by the big 3 or not, Rondo was the starting point guard on a championship team and ran that offense while making minimal mistakes. Add in the fact that in my opinion, Rajon Rondo is the best on ball defender in the NBA (for points guards), and you have yourself a stud point guard that fits his team pefectly.

And I agree, the Bobats did mess up Felton's development by having him play the 2 his first 2 seasons with the team, but the bottom line is, he isn't a top 10 point guard like Rondo and Calderon.

jimbobjarree
01-02-2009, 08:40 PM
derek is underated

DerekRE_3
01-02-2009, 08:43 PM
derek is underated

Not anymore with you talking like that.

jimbobjarree
01-02-2009, 08:57 PM
sorry boss

GSW fan
01-03-2009, 12:42 AM
felton for brandan wright

Sports Illustrator
01-04-2009, 12:06 PM
Raymon Felton could be an All-star on the right team, but he would certainly have to prove more than what he has already done. For some reason he couldn't really explode the way some expected in Charlotte even though he had great players to work with.

Right now the Bobcats are more focused on DJ Augustin for the future and that is the reason why the Bobcats are committed to trading Felton before the deadline.