PDA

View Full Version : NBA Redraft Playoffs: New York Knicks vs Chicago Bulls - VOTE!

BlondeBomber41
01-01-2009, 02:36 AM
New York has homecourt Advantage

New York Knicks Lineup:

C: Yao Ming - Jeff Foster - Shelden Williams
PF: Paul Millsap - Tim Thomas
SF: Richard Jefferson - Dorell Wright
SG: Ronnie Brewer - Rashad McCants
PG: Devin Harris - Kyle Lowry - Mardy Collins

Chicago Bulls Lineup:

C: Zaza Pachulia - Kurt Thomas - Joey Dorsey
PF: David West - Amir Johnson - Brandan Wright
SF - Bruce Bowen - Andres Nocioni
SG - Kobe Bryant - Luther Head
PG - DJ Augustin - Mike Conley

New York did not send in a writeup.

Chicago Bulls Writeup:

PG: Augustin vs Harris: Harris might be the fan favorite and might be the more experienced player but don't count out Augustin just yet. He has exceeded expectations in his first year with the Bobcats nearly averaging 13.5pts,1.9reb,4.4ast a game in his rookie season. He won't be relied on much anyway with Kobe and David West being on the team as well. His main job is to shoot from outside which he has proven through college and in the NBA he can do. He is a complementary player like Rajon Rando was when the Celtics won the NBA title.

SG: Bryant vs Brewer: This is an easy matchup. Kobe wins in every statistical category over Brewer. Kobe has proven to the NBA world what he can do. His numerous rings, countless all star appearances and and MVP award has gotten the love of NBA fans across the globe. Brewer is just another player that Kobe would beat. Kobe comes with the total package of offense and defense. He will defend Brewer and hold him to a career low in points. Kobe wins in this matchup by a far margin.

SF: Bowen vs Jefferson: This matchup can be categorized in two words, OFFENSE vs DEFENSE. Jefferson provides the Knicks with scoring in all kinds of fashion whether that's coming off the dribble or the pull up jumper. But we have countered Jefferson's offensive skills with Bruce Bowen. He is known as one of the best defenders in the league for a reason. He defends the other team's superstar night in and night out and holds them to bad games. This will be another time Bowen wins because he can easily stop RJ's scoring abilities. It is also a luxury for us having 2 of the best on ball defenders in the league on the same team in Kobe and Bowen.

PF: West vs Millsap: West comes in averaging 19.3pts,6.8reb,2.4ast for us. He is our best post player by far and he will score on Millsap at will. He can do it all, hit the mid range jumper, turnaround jumper and hooks. He also is clutch in the playoffs which he showed when he took the Hornets to the playoffs. Some say he is a product of CP3, but I would understand that if he didn't have Kobe next to him. Millsap is really athletic I have to give him that. But West will be too much for him to handle I believe. He would need to get up and defend West's offensive game. West wins this matchup.

C: Pachulia vs Yao: Everyone knows Yao's taller than Zaza and he is the fan favorite. But Zaza is really an underrated player in this league. His game has been overlooked in Atlanta. He has been quietly been putting up solid numbers for the Hawks. Yao will score on him but Zaza can defend as he showed in the playoffs against superstar Kevin Garnett. Zaza is a feisty player that gets under the opponents skin. He does the dirty work down low.

Bench: I know people may claim bench play doesn't matter, but in this series it can create matchup problems that favor us. Overall our depth is much better, especially since we have 4 player is Wright, Nocioni, Head and Conley who are either starters or the top men off the bench. Add in 2 bigs that can provide some solid defense and you can see why we have the edge here. Yao better be in for a tough game as both Johnson and Thomas will be very physical with him. You may say that their size will prevent them from making an impact, but Thomas is a highly regarded defender and Amir Johnson is a freak as he is constantly blocking shots when he gets his playing time. Also, if we choose to plug in Nocioni at the PF spot, Milsap will have all kinds of problems guarding him on the perimiter. Add in Luther Head with his scoring ability and our second unit becomes very dangerous.

Ragun
01-01-2009, 02:46 AM
knicks.

Joshtd1
01-01-2009, 03:01 AM
Goin with the Knicks here.

$KnicksAndKobe$
01-01-2009, 03:04 AM
Bulls got a much better bench, better D, and a superstar future hofer

Catfish1314
01-01-2009, 03:05 AM
Hard to see Kobe losing in the first round with a solid post presence to feed, but this Knicks team has superior defense and experience so it's hard to pick against them. Everyone in their starting 5 is at least solid defensively.

Knicks in 6.

01-01-2009, 03:49 AM
I'm lost. What the hell is this??

ripjhb18
01-01-2009, 03:58 AM
I'm lost. What the hell is this??

We redraft all the teams and trade to make teams vote on the playoffs and then post our playoff matchups here for you to vote who you think would win.

And you seriously have nothing as your name

Durant is hype
01-01-2009, 04:09 AM
Ny

phlp_bj
01-01-2009, 10:12 AM
Bulls have 2 of the best defenders in the league in Kobe and Bowen. They can be placed on anyone and they will stop them. David West is no smooch either.

JordansBulls
01-01-2009, 10:34 AM
Knicks have more firepower.

phlp_bj
01-01-2009, 11:14 AM
Knicks have more firepower.

So having a injury prone Yao Ming means you have firepower? They lack scoring in my opinion. Yao and Harris can score and RJ can also except he's been bad this year. We have the best offensive force in the league in Kobe, a decent post scorer in West and a good bench who can score.

NYMetros
01-01-2009, 11:32 AM
I'm going with the Knickerbockers. Very solid at every position and they have a good bench.

BLOMETSFAN
01-01-2009, 11:41 AM
Gotta go with the Bulls, I just dont see a way Kobe could be stopped in this series.

Nate David+ Co.
01-01-2009, 12:24 PM
bulls. kobe. yao isnt THAT good. he's never been to the finals with Tmac!!!!!!!!!

phlp_bj
01-01-2009, 12:31 PM
bulls. kobe. yao isnt THAT good. he's never been to the finals with Tmac!!!!!!!!!

Exactly. He never made it past the 1st round with a superstar in McGrady. What makes you think he can go with RJ and Harris?

astrosmaniac
01-01-2009, 12:33 PM
Goin with the Knicks here.
i didnt know you god moded, congrats

So having a injury prone Yao Ming means you have firepower? They lack scoring in my opinion. Yao and Harris can score and RJ can also except he's been bad this year. We have the best offensive force in the league in Kobe, a decent post scorer in West and a good bench who can score.

yao, harris, and RJ can each put up 20 points, millsap and brewer can put up 10-12 each, and all 5 guys are okay at D. none of them are a liability and millsap is emerging as a star. jazz fans say hes better than boozer

astrosmaniac
01-01-2009, 12:35 PM
Exactly. He never made it past the 1st round with a superstar in McGrady. What makes you think he can go with RJ and Harris?

well harris>mcgrady at this point in his career and RJ> anyone else yao has ever had

phlp_bj
01-01-2009, 12:37 PM
i didnt know you god moded, congrats

yao, harris, and RJ can each put up 20 points, millsap and brewer can put up 10-12 each, and all 5 guys are okay at D. none of them are a liability and millsap is emerging as a star. jazz fans say hes better than boozer

West can put up 20-30 any given night. Kobe is well Kobe. He can turn it on whenever. He can be the playmaker or scorer(in which he can score 40 any game). Augustin gives 10-12. Bowen gets you three pointers from the right corner. And Zaza can get around 6-10 points. The we have Noc, Head, Amir, and Conley off the bench for us. As for defense, Kobe and Bowen are the best in the game. West and Zaza are decent and Augustin is average.

phlp_bj
01-01-2009, 12:38 PM
well harris>mcgrady at this point in his career and RJ> anyone else yao has ever had

T-Mac > RJ, Artest > RJ

and i would still say mcgrady is better than harris when healthy. Harris is real good I agree but Mcgrady is the superstar for a reason. But Harris is getting there.

jetsfan28
01-01-2009, 12:44 PM
Bulls have 2 of the best defenders in the league in Kobe and Bowen. They can be placed on anyone and they will stop them. David West is no smooch either.

I'd LOVE to see Kobe D'ing up Yao in the post. Of course, he can cover anybody :rolleyes:

Zaza ****ing Pauchulia is covering Yao. In his one game against Atlanta this year, Yao had 24 pts in 19 rebounds. Last year, 28 points. Sure, they can shut down Jefferson and Brewer, but no one on your team can stop Yao. Plus, you have a rookie PG and a decent at best defender in Conley trying to stop Devin Harris.

Two guys can't cover 5. And if your team even tries to double Yao, I have knockdown shooters in Jefferson (39% from 3), Thomas (37.1%), McCants (32.7%, 40.7% last year), and Wright (36.4% last year).

And I haven't even mentioned a damn good player in Millsap

astrosmaniac
01-01-2009, 12:47 PM
T-Mac > RJ, Artest > RJ

and i would still say mcgrady is better than harris when healthy. Harris is real good I agree but Mcgrady is the superstar for a reason. But Harris is getting there.

yao just got artest this year. hasnt been in the playoffs yet, so you cant use that. and harris>mcgrady cause he is consistant

SensandRaps
01-01-2009, 12:57 PM
bulls in 7 imo

5+7=DYNASTY!!!
01-01-2009, 02:41 PM
Bulls. Kobe and Bowen will shut down any offensive threat on the outside, which means Yao could be double teamed inside.

NYK All the Way
01-01-2009, 03:17 PM
Knicks no doubt. Bruce bowen is old and isn't even averaging 3 points a game. In fact his season high in points is 13 and he hasn't even been in double digits besides that. He may be a good defender but he's nothing more than that.

For the bulls to win kobe would have to put up 20+ shots and when he does that his team usually loses. David is a slightly better version of lamar odom he's no andrew bynum or pau gasol.

The knicks will be too much for the bulls to handle

jetsfan28
01-01-2009, 03:34 PM
Bulls. Kobe and Bowen will shut down any offensive threat on the outside, which means Yao could be double teamed inside.

Two guys can't cover 5. And if your team even tries to double Yao, I have knockdown shooters in Jefferson (39% from 3), Thomas (37.1%), McCants (32.7%, 40.7% last year), and Wright (36.4% last year).

That

Lizard King
01-01-2009, 03:36 PM
Definitely Chicago in 7.

ripjhb18
01-01-2009, 03:40 PM
"Two guys can't cover 5. And if your team even tries to double Yao, I have knockdown shooters in Jefferson (39% from 3), Thomas (37.1%), McCants (32.7%, 40.7% last year), and Wright (36.4% last year)."

Only Jefferson is a starter of those 4 players, so how often are they going to be on the court?

I hope for a while since our bench is better.

Cubsfan162512
01-01-2009, 04:19 PM
gotta say the bulls...kobe would not be stopped

RocketsRule
01-01-2009, 04:21 PM
Knicks.

Much more firepower on that team. And you have Zaza Pachulia playing Yao Ming :laugh2:

superkegger
01-01-2009, 04:42 PM
New York has a great starting 5 with great balance. Chicago is a very good team, and they have great depth all around. Very tough call. very very tough. Homecourt was the kicker though.

rapswin98
01-01-2009, 04:44 PM
chicago has the best player in the league but knicks have a better team

MrBloop
01-01-2009, 05:04 PM
I voted Knicks, b/c I support the Knicks period...so my votes bs b/c this other dudes team has Kobe, and that pretty much seals the deal...RJ is not my type of player.

jetsfan28
01-01-2009, 05:15 PM
"Two guys can't cover 5. And if your team even tries to double Yao, I have knockdown shooters in Jefferson (39% from 3), Thomas (37.1%), McCants (32.7%, 40.7% last year), and Wright (36.4% last year)."

Only Jefferson is a starter of those 4 players, so how often are they going to be on the court?

I hope for a while since our bench is better.

For most of the game, chances are we'd have at least 2 of the 4 in, your starting lineup really isn't in as a whole unit that much. And Harris has proven he could play over 35 minuets a game in the regular season, I'm sure he could play over 40 in the playoffs, when you get more rest in between games. So there's no way you could possibly double Yao and still have enough guys to cover Jefferson, another shooter, either another shooter or a damn good slasher in Brewer, and Harris, unless you're planning on playing with 6 men like Portland did a couple of days ago.

laker1000
01-01-2009, 05:34 PM
I like the BULLS

phlp_bj
01-01-2009, 10:40 PM
bump

jetsfan28
01-01-2009, 10:56 PM
bump

Don't bump it because you're losing.You shouldn't bump any threads for no reason like that, the NBA forum doesn't exist to help you win a game, if the thread fell it's because no one else wanted to post in it.

DocUSN
01-01-2009, 11:08 PM
Don't bump it because you're losing.You shouldn't bump any threads for no reason like that, the NBA forum doesn't exist to help you win a game, if the thread fell it's because no one else wanted to post in it.

Bumpings ok imo, based on your logic no one will post in it weather its at the top or bottom

I've seen a ton of votings theards on redrafts and mocks and a lot of been bumped if they fell far.

zo#33
01-01-2009, 11:10 PM
Knicks in 7

hughest4
01-02-2009, 12:29 AM
The Bulls have the best player in this series...but the Knicks are the better team.

Devin Harris vs DJ Augustin - Augustin is a good, solid young player but at this point Devin Harris is superior. He is a solid passing PG but is extremely explosive scoring the ball. The 3 inch height advantage should also help out Harris in this matchup. Edge - Knicks

Ronnie Brewer vs Kobe - Obviously Kobe has this matchup. He is probably the best player in the league and there is no way i can deny that. Hopefully Ronnie Brewer can give him some problems...he is lanky and a pretty good defender. We aren't worried about Brewer scoring many points so that isn't a problem. Edge - Bulls

Richard Jefferson vs Bruce Bowen - Bruce Bowen has been known as one of the best players in the league for a long time...but he is slowing down. He is 37 years old and no longer a starter for the Spurs. Richard Jefferson is a very good 3rd option for us and he can really do it all out there...score, rebound, and defend. He takes this matchup. Edge - Knicks

Paul Millsap vs. David West - People might call me crazy for saying this but i think this matchup is a tie. Paul Millsap has proven this year that he is just as good as David West when he gets the minutes. Millsap started for over a month this year and in those games he averaged 19pts and 12rebounds which happens to be better numbers then David West. He is big enough and athletic enough to cause West problems defensively as well. Edge - Tie

Yao vs Zaza - This is kind of similiar to Kobe vs Brewer...Yao is going to have his way with Zaza. Thats all there really is to it. Edge - Knicks

Knicks bench vs Bulls bench - The Bulls GM keeps saying that their bench is better but i dont see it.

Kyle Lowry vs. Mike Conley - Mike Conley is a bigger name then Kyle Lowry but the truth is that they play for the same team and have almost identical numbers. Lowry is also a much better defender. Edge - Tie

Rashad McCants vs. Luther Head - No real edge here. McCants plays more but he also plays for a much worse team. Similar players that can both shoot the ball. Edge - Tie

Dorell Wright vs Andres Nocioni - Nocioni definitely has the edge here. He is a very good player who could be starting for a lot of teams. However Dorell Wright is a good young player as well. Edge - Bulls

Tim Thomas vs Amir Johnson - Tim Thomas isnt a real physical player but he can still give you a few boards when he is out there. The great thing about him is that offensively he can give us a spark off of the bench. He can drive or hit a 3 pointer. Amir Johnson is very thin and i think Thomas will take advantage of that. Edge - Knicks

Jeff Foster vs Kurt Thomas - I love Kurt Thomas but he is getting up there in age. His jumper isn't as effective as it used to be but he is still a guy who can give you 15 good defensive minutes off the bench. Jeff Foster is a very similiar type of player but better and younger. He could come in if Yao is in foul trouble and give you close to a double-double every night. Edge - Knicks

Overall Edge - Knicks/Tie at worst

ripjhb18
01-02-2009, 02:51 AM
Well this was actually closer than I thought, but congrats to the Knicks, good luck in the next rounds

hotpotato1092
01-02-2009, 03:12 AM
I voted knicks but it was close, I just like the team better than the two man bulls. Kobe won two titles with Shaq and a terrible supporting cast, but David West is no Shaq

hotpotato1092
01-02-2009, 03:13 AM
and what's bumping

KB24PG16
01-02-2009, 03:14 AM
bulls would win in 5

jimbobjarree
01-02-2009, 10:07 AM
I love that Knicks team

phlp_bj
01-02-2009, 10:19 AM
congrats to jetsfan for constructing a really good team. good luck in the 2nd round

hughest4
01-02-2009, 02:37 PM
congrats to jetsfan for constructing a really good team. good luck in the 2nd round

Jetsfan was not all by himself in constructing this team...

Anyway, you guys gave us a hell of a run in this one and it was as close as i thought it would be. Good job.