PDA

View Full Version : NBA Redraft Playoffs: Golden State Warriors vs Los Angeles Lakers - VOTE!

BlondeBomber41
01-01-2009, 02:19 AM
Warriors have homecourt Advantage

Golden State Warriors Lineup:

PG: Chris Paul - Anthony Johnson
SG: Ben Gordon - CJ Miles
SF: Gerald Wallace - Wilson Chandler
PF: Udonis Haslem - Andrei Kirilenko
C: Brook Lopez - Rasho Nesterovic - Francisco Elson

Los Angeles Lakers Lineup:

PG: Andre Miller - Anthony Carter - Tyronn Lue
SG: James Posey - Francisco Garcia - Eddie Jones
SF: Rashard Lewis - Matt Harpring
PF: Amare Stoudamire - Anderson Varejao
C: Kendrick Perkins - Dan Gadzuric

Golden State did not send in a writeup.

Lakers Writeup:

This Lakers' team is built to win. It's built like a traditional winning team: it starts with a dominant big man Amare Stoudemire, a great pass first PG in Andre Miller, a lights out second option with unlimited range in Rashard Lewis, and excellent defensive role players in James Posey and Kendrick Perkins.
This team is also deep in every position. Varejao and Gadzuric are great backup bigs, and Francisco Garcia is our offensive spark off the bench. Anthony Carter and Tyronne Lue are very capable PGs, and are great backup role players. Then we have Eddie Jones and Matt Harpring as our veteran players who can lead the team using their experience, and toughness.
These Lakers are great offensively and defensively, with clear defined roles for everyone. Every player knows their roles, and will be happy playing in them. We feel like this team will have one of the best team chemistry out there. This is a win first team (every player from 1-13 has playoff experience). Everyone works well with each other, every player has proven they can play well in their given roles, and there will be no complaints about not getting enough shots, etc.
The Golden State Warriors might be a fun and exciting run and gun team, but how many of those teams ever goes deep into the playoffs?
Chris Paul is amazing, but pairing him up with Ben Gordon, and it will be a defensive disaster. Two undersized guards, they may be able to score, but opponents can score just as easily on them. Andre Miller is not a bad defender, we admit that just like everyone else, he will have trouble guarding Chris Paul. But Miller is so much stronger, and taller than Paul, that he can just post him up every time. Chris Paul will have a tough time guarding Miller as well. Tyronne Lue is a good defender against quick guards, and he can also bother Chris Paul with his speed.
Ben Gordon is a very good offensive player, but James Posey is an excellent defender, he will be able to keep Gordon in check. Posey will not be asked to do too much on offense, so he will concentrate on stopping Gordon. But he too can post Gordon up and score on Gordon if we need him to. We also plan on using Posey to defend Wallace some of the time, depending on who we have on the floor. Posey is our utility wild card, he will do whatever it takes to win.
Gerwald Wallace and Rashard Lewis is an interesting matchup. They are different players, but both fit well on their respective teams. We like Lewis’ versatility on offense. He is a more consistent player, and is always on winning teams.
Their frontcourt is pretty weak with Haslem and Lopez. Even the Laker’s backup bigs are arguably better with Varejao and Gadzuric. Haslem has no post game whatsoever, and Brook Lopez while promising, is still a rookie. Amare can and will dominant the power forward match up, and won’t be required to play much defense. The Warriors will have to double or triple team Amare to prevent him from scoring 40 a game, and if they do, Lewis and Posey will burn them for it with their perimeter shooting. Lopez is a rookie, Perkins is a champion, enough said. Perkins also plays good help defense, and can make penetrating guards’ life difficult. The Lakers’ frontcourt can easily dominate the Warriors' frontcourt. Our frontcourt is more athletic, stronger, faster, plays better offense AND defense. In the playoffs, it’s almost impossible to win if your frontcourt gets dominated like that.
As I’ve said, the Lakers are a win first team, with well defined roles for everybody and a very well-balanced team. But in my opinion, the Warriors have a few question marks. Chris Paul will have the ball in his hands most of the time. Can Ben Gordon and Wallace play off the ball? What happens if the Warriors’ perimeter shots stops falling? They have no post presence to help them. How will Lopez do in the playoffs, as good as he is as a rookie, he has only been in around 30 regular season games? Will Kirileinko be happy playing off the bench? What will happen to their run and gun system when the playoff starts and the pace is slowed down? Can the Warriors play good half court offense? Who can stop Amare, or atleast make him work on the defensive end? They have absolutely no answer for Amare.
The Lakers will win this matchup because they can dominate the Warriors offensively inside and out, while keeping the Warriors in check on the defensive end. The Lakers play a much more proven style of basketball, and is the better “playoff” team.

ripjhb18
01-01-2009, 02:32 AM
Warriors in 6. Not going to be easy, but CP3 is going to make Miller look stupid. Thats not that only reason they win, but I would love to watch this series.

Ragun
01-01-2009, 02:33 AM
warriors. look at that bench

Catfish1314
01-01-2009, 02:59 AM
Warriors don't have an inside offensive presence but that won't hurt them in this series. Chris Paul would pick this team apart regardless. Ben Gordon's horrid defense wouldn't hurt them either given Posey isn't much more than a shooter offensively. The Warriors have the right kind of pieces together to be ridiculous on offense and they have three solid post defenders to help contain Amare. Both teams have plenty of experience and good benches, so that wouldn't affect the outcome.

Warriors in 6.

Joshtd1
01-01-2009, 03:03 AM
I actually like the Lakers in this one.

Ragun
01-01-2009, 03:16 AM
o crap new thug mod in hte house! everyone dip!

Durant is hype
01-01-2009, 04:17 AM
Lakers

superkegger
01-01-2009, 04:52 PM
I like how the Lakers matchup vs the warriors here, and I think that gives them the advantage.

Conor
01-01-2009, 05:18 PM
Wow close vote so far. Good luck Lakers.

jetsfan28
01-01-2009, 05:23 PM
I don't see how the Lakers could stop the Warriors. They're too slow to stop the Warriors when they run, especially when they put in AK, and they have a knock down shooter in Gordon. Wilson Chandler was great when he wasn't asked to lead the Knicks, and he'll flourish in a bench role here. I'll take GS in 7.

superkegger
01-01-2009, 05:29 PM
How are they too slow? I see them being able to keep up with them, especially since the Warriors bigs aren't a huge factor offensively. I don't see the warriors being able to contain amare, thats what did it for me.

Conor
01-01-2009, 05:33 PM
Miller is slow for a PG, Posey is a SF playing SG, Perkins is not exactly agile.....slow enough to be taken advantage of by the speedsters and athletes the Warriors have. And yes, Warriors have no answer for Amare offensively, but Lopez, Haslem, and Nesterovic are an above average defensive frontcourt trio that should be able to keep Amare from dominating.

Ph1lly Diehard
01-01-2009, 05:40 PM
I like the Lakers who I assume play an effective half-court offense and dominating down low.

Lakers in 6

superkegger
01-01-2009, 05:41 PM
Miller is slow for a PG, Posey is a SF playing SG, Perkins is not exactly agile.....slow enough to be taken advantage of by the speedsters and athletes the Warriors have. And yes, Warriors have no answer for Amare offensively, but Lopez, Haslem, and Nesterovic are an above average defensive frontcourt trio that should be able to keep Amare from dominating.

yeah, miller would have a tough time staying with paul, but that can be said about, just about anybody, that's a given. I don't like posey at sg either, as he is better suited to guard 3's. but if hes on BG, in an open court style game, i think he'd be ok, as he has a tremendous size advantage. and while you can run 3 different guys at amare, I still think he'd have a big series, because with the doubles coming at him, which I think they would have to, posey or shard will be open for some knock down 3's. and the lack of offensive firepower in the frontcourt will allow amare to be the bad defender he is and not let it burn him or get him into foul trouble.

carter15
01-01-2009, 05:41 PM
starting lineup matchup is good for LA...that part is rly close...but GS bench is amazing...i think that gives them the edge in 7

_Sn1P3r_
01-01-2009, 06:00 PM
I'd give it Golden State. You also got Kirilenko coming off the bench, that's pretty good.

Bosh=nextKG
01-01-2009, 06:03 PM
I like both teams but i took LA because Rashard gets to play his natural position @ SF. And his inside out abilities along with Amare's inside out abilities makes Perkins that much better. Miller likes to attack the rim a decent amount and then he can ick it back out to Posey. Both have good benches, but i like the Warriors bench better but i like how LA matches up. Great matchup between Wallace and Lewis.

RocketsRule
01-01-2009, 06:06 PM
I'll take the Warriors in 6. Much better bench and mixture of offense and defense.

KnicksorBust
01-01-2009, 08:21 PM
I love the way the Lakers were put together. Great series though. Could go either way.

SeoulBeatz
01-01-2009, 08:40 PM
both of these teams dont stand a chance against some of the others ive seen, so it aint worth voting IMO

SensandRaps
01-01-2009, 09:27 PM
lakers in 6

clehmun
01-01-2009, 10:58 PM
both of these teams dont stand a chance against some of the others ive seen, so it aint worth voting IMO

so i guess you don't follow the NBA since you root for philly?

clehmun
01-01-2009, 11:04 PM
I love the way the Lakers were put together. Great series though. Could go either way.

thanks. i feel like we have the better team because i rarely see a team with a weak frontcourt win the championship. especially in a run and gun system with below average backcourt defense.

i personally like teams with inside outside balanced attack, with great defensive role players, ran by a good pass first PG.

chris paul can score on miller, but does the warriors really want him to score? let's not forget, miller isn't a bad offensive player himself, and can probably score on him too in the post.

but it's really close right now, one of the better first round matchups so far. good luck warriors! :clap:

Conor
01-02-2009, 04:34 AM
Of course we want Chris Paul to score. Why wouldn't we??

And our frontcourt is not weak. We don't have Amare, but it is deep, versatile, and solid defensively.

thesparky33
01-02-2009, 05:13 AM
I'll say Warriors on this one. I REALLY like Kirilenko off the bench.

thesparky33
01-02-2009, 05:15 AM
Dang, guess I missed the voting... sucks that it had to be on new years day....

Tblaze
01-02-2009, 05:26 AM
Missed it too, was giving Warriors the edge... that bench is BIG

jimbobjarree
01-02-2009, 10:05 AM
arrgghh to late to vote. I woulda voted Warriors :pity:

clehmun
01-02-2009, 12:23 PM
Of course we want Chris Paul to score. Why wouldn't we??

And our frontcourt is not weak. We don't have Amare, but it is deep, versatile, and solid defensively.

because i'd never want my point guard to score the majority of the points.
it's like how teams wanted to make nash a scorer, and the suns have a worst record when nash scores more than so many points.

your frontcourt is relatively weak compared to the rest of the teams.
my backup powerforward is arguably better than your starting one.
varejao = haslem.

MilwaukeeBAller
01-02-2009, 12:58 PM
well, congrats Lakers

Ragun
01-02-2009, 01:27 PM
bs

Silent
01-02-2009, 01:36 PM
warriors they have the best team overall that bench is sick

Conor
01-02-2009, 04:30 PM
because i'd never want my point guard to score the majority of the points.
it's like how teams wanted to make nash a scorer, and the suns have a worst record when nash scores more than so many points.

your frontcourt is relatively weak compared to the rest of the teams.
my backup powerforward is arguably better than your starting one.
varejao = haslem.

Chris Paul scores over 20 PPG on the Hornets and they're doing just dandy, no? And to say Varejao is equal to Haslem is ludicrous. Just plain ludicrous. Unlike Vareajao, Haslem has a midrange game, is better defensively, and is more than an energy guy off the bench.

Nevertheless, looks like you won, so congrats. I wish those 3 votes that would've gone my way came earlier, but you probably would've gotten some too. Good luck in the 2nd round.

jimbobjarree
01-02-2009, 08:51 PM
lame...sorry condog