PDA

View Full Version : Lakers or Celtics?

Vijay248
12-31-2008, 08:05 PM
Which Team has had the harder schedule? I didnt put cavs cause imo they have an very easy schedule

Lakers schedule-

Portland
Clippers
Nuggets
Clippers
Rockets
Mavs
Hornets
Pistons
Bulls
Suns
Nuggets
Kings
Nets
Mavs
Raptors
Pacers
76ers
Wizards
Bucks
Kings
Suns
Kings
Wolves
Knicks
Heat
Magic
Grizz
Hornets
CELTICS
Warriors

Celtics Schedule-

Cavs
Bulls
Pacers
Rockets
Thunder
Bucks
Pistons
Raptors
Hawks
Nuggets
Bucks
Knicks
Pistons
Wolves
Raptors
Warriors
76ers
Bobcats
Magic
Pacers
Blazers
Pacers
Wizards
Hornets
Jazz
Hawks
Bulls
Knicks
76ers
LAKERS
Warriors
Kings
Blazers

Boston is 28-5 with losses to Pacers, Nuggets, Lakers, Warriors, and Blazers
Lakers are 25-5 with losses to Pistons, Pacers, Kings, Magic, Heat

Thoughts?

superkegger
12-31-2008, 08:06 PM
:sigh:

Mane
12-31-2008, 08:08 PM
Celtics have a tougher schedule because they play the Wizards more.

superkegger
12-31-2008, 08:13 PM
Celtics have a tougher schedule because they play the Wizards more.

Yeah, having to face Mike James 3 times is pretty much downright completely unfair.

Mane
12-31-2008, 08:15 PM
Yeah, having to face Mike James 3 times is pretty much downright completely unfair.

Yeah.

Missing56&33
12-31-2008, 08:32 PM
I'm not going to look up all those teams schedules and try to figure out who's schedule is the toughest thats ridiculous. I would say none of them right now. Its early in the season and every team schedule fluctuate depending on streakiness, desire, injuries, trades, new coaching, bad coaching, struggling teams etc... Dallas is considered a tough team but in the early part of the season they had lost 6 straight. get my point

lakers4sho
12-31-2008, 08:46 PM

But he can break down C's defense just like he did against the Cavs.

Hawkeye15
12-31-2008, 10:03 PM
I look at the schedule different. I think the Cavs are the strongest team right now. Here is why: I look at point differential, then road wins vs home losses. I think that is more telling than trying to look at the individual records of teams faced:
Cavs: +11.8 margin. 10 more road wins than home losses.
Celtics: +10.2 margin. 10 more road wins than home losses.
Lakers: +9.7 margin. 8 more road wins than home losses.
Also factor in that the Lakers give up 7 ppg more than either of the top 2 teams, and outscore them by 6. It is fairly clear, that regardless of schedule strength, which is the wrong way to look at things, Boston and Cleveland have played better over the first 1/3 of the season.

lakers4sho
12-31-2008, 10:13 PM
^^ Why don't you consider the strength of schedule? It's obviously a factor but you keep denying it for some reason. Of course it counts when you consider the opposition in games played.

I could care less if my team blows out teams such as the Thunder or the Wizards. I'd pay attention if my team can keep up with the better teams of the league.

superkegger
12-31-2008, 10:17 PM
I look at the schedule different. I think the Cavs are the strongest team right now. Here is why: I look at point differential, then road wins vs home losses. I think that is more telling than trying to look at the individual records of teams faced:
Also factor in that the Lakers give up 7 ppg more than either of the top 2 teams, and outscore them by 6. It is fairly clear, that regardless of schedule strength, which is the wrong way to look at things, Boston and Cleveland have played better over the first 1/3 of the season.

I'm not making an argument for one team or another, but wouldn't it make sense that an elite team would have a better margin of vicotry if they played an easier schedule?

ARMIN12NBA
12-31-2008, 10:47 PM

Aren't the Cavs like 5-4 against above .500 teams (or some mediocre record like that)? The Celtics and Lakers have better records against the top teams in the NBA.

still1ballin
12-31-2008, 10:48 PM
meh'

G-Funk
12-31-2008, 10:51 PM

I agree, Lakers have not played better over the first 1/3 of the season. I see it changing, good thing we're right there among the best records in the NBA even though we havent played better than them.

Hawkeye15
12-31-2008, 11:51 PM
Because I use my equation. I don't consider strength of schedule, you can only play who you are given, it is up to you to win or lose. I think defensive efficiancy, win margin, and road wins over home losses dictates where a team will finish in the regular season. And the Cavs are clear cut winners at this point. We are 30 games in. A ton can change.

lakers4sho
01-01-2009, 12:02 AM
of course if you face crappy teams your point differential should be higher (at least it's supposed to be)

Lakersho
01-01-2009, 12:43 AM
you just what happens when east comes west, huh celtics ,sched. matters...long road trips matters, your not gonna play wizards in the playoffs,well you might if they get to 20 wins . 45 might get you 8th in west... ya east has it hard.

DrDEADalready
01-01-2009, 10:45 AM
the both even out sothere equal IMO

JordansBulls
01-01-2009, 10:50 AM
Both teams have had a lot of home cooking.

NYMetros
01-01-2009, 11:35 AM
Which Team has had the harder schedule? I didnt put cavs cause imo they have an very easy schedule

Lakers schedule-

Portland
Clippers
Nuggets
Clippers
Rockets
Mavs
Hornets
Pistons
Bulls
Suns
Nuggets
Kings
Nets
Mavs
Raptors
Pacers
76ers
Wizards
Bucks
Kings
Suns
Kings
Wolves
Knicks
Heat
Magic
Grizz
Hornets
CELTICS
Warriors

Celtics Schedule-

Cavs
Bulls
Pacers
Rockets
Thunder
Bucks
Pistons
Raptors
Hawks
Nuggets
Bucks
Knicks
Pistons
Wolves
Raptors
Warriors
76ers
Bobcats
Magic
Pacers
Blazers
Pacers
Wizards
Hornets
Jazz
Hawks
Bulls
Knicks
76ers
LAKERS
Warriors
Kings
Blazers

Boston is 28-5 with losses to Pacers, Nuggets, Lakers, Warriors, and Blazers
Lakers are 25-5 with losses to Pistons, Pacers, Kings, Magic, Heat

Thoughts?

It depends on if the games are home or away.

kobes2good
01-01-2009, 11:57 AM
how about we actually answer his question. The Lakers are going to do it and lakers have the harder schedule because as you can see Boston is on a west road trip and they have lost 3 out of the 4 games which shows lakers are competing with tougher teams.

lakerboy
01-01-2009, 12:30 PM

The Lakers played only 13 road games as compared with Cleveland and Boston, which both have 15. Moreover, I think the thread starter is talking aboutt the quality of team/level of competition of the games played.

For me it's a toss up between the Celtics and the Lakers.

lakers4sho
01-01-2009, 12:45 PM
The Lakers played only 13 road games as compared with Cleveland and Boston, which both have 15. Moreover, I think the thread starter is talking aboutt the quality of team/level of competition of the games played.

For me it's a toss up between the Celtics and the Lakers.

well, unfortunately, Hawkeye doesn't agree so

He thinks that a team who demolished the Bobcats and the Wizards at home is better than a team who beats the Hornets, Nuggets, and the Suns on the road :rolleyes: