PDA

View Full Version : Statement Win for the Blazers

oldenpolynice
12-31-2008, 07:02 PM
Huge win last night over the Celtics. The Blazers made a statement (http://davissportsdeli.com/wordpress/2008/12/31/blazers-celtics-ii-portland-makes-a-statement/). They can beat anyone at home and they can win without their best player (Roy).

Aldridge showed he can step up as a clutch performer. Outlaw showed he can beat even the best defenders to the hoop. And Greg Oden showed that his offensive came is not something to take lightly.

This bodes very well for their playoff chances.

D-Leethal
12-31-2008, 07:16 PM
Blazers are a TEAM in every sense of the word

DODGERS&LAKERS
12-31-2008, 07:33 PM
They are a really good team. If they get a first round home court advantage they can get to the second round. The Rockets better try and win that division. I think the Blazers would be another very tough first round match up. I need to see T Mac out of the first round before I die.

Lakersho
12-31-2008, 08:02 PM
more dangerous than houston,dallas,warriors ,maybe nuggets , they play hard,young legs very little fear. scarey combo. nice win...

JordansBulls
12-31-2008, 08:07 PM
more dangerous than houston,dallas,warriors ,maybe nuggets , they play hard,young legs very little fear. scarey combo. nice win...

I wouldn't say all of that.

rocklaubster
12-31-2008, 08:29 PM
I like seeing Aldridge step up...same goes for Oden to a certain degree. Blakey is just steady-eddie.

Also, I actually was pulling for the Celtics last year to win it all but Garnett's antics have worn thin on me. He is a punk and should be "above" the B.S. he continues to do. I keep waiting for someone to snap his Azz like a twig...

Chronz
12-31-2008, 09:22 PM
They are a really good team. If they get a first round home court advantage they can get to the second round. The Rockets better try and win that division. I think the Blazers would be another very tough first round match up. I need to see T Mac out of the first round before I die.
FYI, they arent in the same division, unless you were trying to get at something else then my bad but thats what I got out of your post.

SteveNash
12-31-2008, 09:24 PM
What statement did Golden State make when they beat the Celtics?

Missing56&33
12-31-2008, 09:31 PM
ok we are finding out that Boston is not a team from outer space they can be beat. Thats good news for the east

KB24PG16
01-01-2009, 12:06 AM
statement game for the blazers for sure without roy

theimortalone
01-01-2009, 12:37 AM
statement game for the blazers for sure without roy

Wow they won with no Roy? :speechless: