PDA

View Full Version : MLB.tv + iPhone?

Yankees213
12-31-2008, 02:18 PM
I know there's been a mlb.tv thread before but I couldn't find it. I just have a quick question.

I am an mlb.tv subscriber, will I be able to watch games on my iPhone? I tried to watch an old game but it didn't work. Most videos don't work unless they're from YouTube. Is there something I need to download special on the iPhone for mlb.tv to work?

grkmaster
12-31-2008, 02:50 PM
Most smartphones dont have Flash such as the Iphone which i assume is what is needed for it to work so nope unless flash gets supported

Towelie
12-31-2008, 02:54 PM
Iphone does have flash support if it's jailbroken.

weebs
12-31-2008, 03:03 PM
the iphone does not have flash, and will likely not have it anytime soon.

the G1 phone is getting flash soon and an MLB.tv application is being planned for it, hopefully by the start of the season.

yojoe792
12-31-2008, 03:50 PM
Here's what you can do.

1) Download the sling box app for the iPhone. Should be $10.
2) Buy a sling box. They come as cheap as like $40.
3) Connect your sling box to your cable or satellite box. Sync your iPhone to the sling box.

4) You then have all the channels you have on your TV, right on your iPhone. For some, that's hundreds of channels. Anywhere. Now, if you have an MLB package on your TV, you then also have it on your iPhone.

That's as close as its gonna get. Until they make an MLB.tv app, it won't happen. But this, IMO is better.

weebs
12-31-2008, 05:19 PM
Here's what you can do.

3) Connect your sling box to your cable or satellite box. Sync your iPhone to the sling box.

4) You then have all the channels you have on your TV, right on your iPhone. For some, that's hundreds of channels. Anywhere. Now, if you have an MLB package on your TV, you then also have it on your iPhone.

That's as close as its gonna get. Until they make an MLB.tv app, it won't happen. But this, IMO is better.

well, sort of. mlb.tv is a lot cheaper than the extra innings package though.

Pooned11
12-31-2008, 05:24 PM
Here's what you can do.

I don't think you can get slingbox to work on the iphone... tell me if there is