PDA

View Full Version : Boston Celtics tired?

KB24PG16
12-31-2008, 01:48 AM
The C's have now lost to the Lakers, Warriors, and the Balzers(today). At the end of games they seem to be out of gas. Paul Pierce is the only one who seems to be creating at end of games. KG was outplayed by Gasol later on Christmas where Boston had a good chance of stealing one late And the next day they were out of gas against the Warriors. Even Doc Rivers admitted that his team was tired and once the Warriors got a lead he knew that Boston would lose. Today the Blazers were without their leader Brandon Roy and Boston lost by a few. Late again KG got in an altercation with Aldrige. Posing the question are Celtics to old to win now or is it just a bump in the road having just been beating the Kings by 45 points.

JordansBulls
12-31-2008, 01:50 AM
The C's have now lost to the Lakers, Warriors, and the Balzers(today). At the end of games they seem to be out of gas. Paul Pierce is the only one who seems to be creating at end of games. KG was outplayed by Gasol later on Christmas where Boston had a good chance of stealing one late And the next day they were out of gas against the Warriors. Even Doc Rivers admitted that his team was tired and once the Warriors got a lead he knew that Boston would lose. Today the Blazers were without their leader Brandon Roy and Boston lost by a few. Late again KG got in an altercation with Aldrige. Posing the question are Celtics to old to win now or is it just a bump in the road having just been beating the Kings by 45 points.

Not sure if they are tired, but I do know that I predicted that them, the Lakers and Cavs would end December with 5 losses.

KB24PG16
12-31-2008, 01:51 AM
Not sure if they are tired, but I do know that I predicted that them, the Lakers and Cavs would end December with 5 losses.

good call

albertc86
12-31-2008, 01:52 AM
Boston misses their bench from last year. They're still a championship caliber team, but long winning streaks aren't in their best interest, as odd as that sounds. They can't afford to play 100% of every single game because they're going to run out of gas even before the playoffs start. The young teams in the east pose a serious threat to them.

FlawlessKB24
12-31-2008, 01:53 AM
they'll go on another 10 game winning streak soon.
they're not tired. and if they are, they'll be good come playoffs

BTownTeamsRKing
12-31-2008, 01:53 AM
similar thing happened last year.

but GET SOME BENCH HELP!!!!! the starting 5 are all exhausted because they get no help from the bench.

get joe smith already bc davis isnt doing anything. KG gets no rest.

lastly, Get the ball to RAY ALLEN. we fail when the ball stops moving to Ray Allen and he is just standing there.

what54!?
12-31-2008, 01:55 AM
Hey it happens. Every good team goes through a slump, its the C's time right now. MAybe there just tired from that streak? :shrug:

innovator
12-31-2008, 01:57 AM
they'll go on another 10 game winning streak soon.
they're not tired. and if they are, they'll be good come playoffs

stop thinking about negative things :mad:

KB24PG16
12-31-2008, 01:58 AM
same thing happened to the lakers lost to the kings and pacers then lost to orlando and miami on back to back games

#1Mavericksfan
12-31-2008, 01:58 AM
Celtics miss James Posey and PJ Brown man...they might try to go after Joe Smith because I heard PJ Brown say he was done and not coming back.

what54!?
12-31-2008, 02:00 AM
same thing happened to the lakers lost to the kings and pacers then lost to orlando and miami on back to back gameslike I said every good team goes through a slump. They will bounce back like the lakers

KB24PG16
12-31-2008, 02:01 AM
people said that posey wouldnt be missed but it is evident that he is

BTownTeamsRKing
12-31-2008, 02:09 AM
posey is missed, but we'll see how missed he is after they replace him. of course the Celtics miss him now, but the real impact will show when they get someone else or 2 more ppl.

i have to throw this is in too: GET RID OF SCAL. he never plays when it matters. he is a waste of a roster spot.

bostncelts34
12-31-2008, 02:10 AM
to old to win? lol. Your talking about the team that just won 19 games ina row lol

what your seeing, is a lack of bench, especially a big man off the bench. ALso, id love to see them bring up J.R. giddens for Scal

BTownTeamsRKing
12-31-2008, 02:12 AM
to old to win? lol. Your talking about the team that just won 19 games ina row lol

what your seeing, is a lack of bench, especially a big man off the bench. ALso, id love to see them bring up J.R. giddens for Scal

YESSS or Bill Walker.

KB24PG16
12-31-2008, 02:13 AM

i say if the big 3 were in their prime there doesnt need to be a bench

DODGERS&LAKERS
12-31-2008, 02:13 AM
Its no big deal. They will be there in late May early June. Every team loses to teams they shouldn't and go through rough patches.

But it does show that they need bench help. Their bigs are way too short and they need some more offense from the perimeter. And I'm not referring to another spot up 3 pt shooter like House. They need someone that can create their own shot as well as for others.

BTownTeamsRKing
12-31-2008, 02:17 AM
i say if the big 3 were in their prime there doesnt need to be a bench

the only difference would then be that they would tire out later in the year. the Celtics cannot have davis play off the bench this poorly and win. he is killing us

BoltLakerPadre
12-31-2008, 02:20 AM
This has been a been a bad strech for the Celtics. They had a hyped and emotional game against the Lakers, on Christmas, where they lost. Then the trap game, then a blow out of a terrible team. Then what was another trap game, the Blazers without their stud.

Although playing with six players does help. And I agree, they look tired, they're old, and they might not have the same motivation they had last year. But then again, it's still December.

GregOden#1
12-31-2008, 02:22 AM
That 6 man play was hilarious

bostncelts34
12-31-2008, 02:28 AM
That 6 man play was hilarious

That really hurt. Instead of being down 1 at the end, we were down 3 and had to shoot a horrible 3.

Like seriously, how can they not take the basket off? so ridiculous

epizo1
12-31-2008, 02:38 AM
I don't like making excuses and I'm sure the Beantown Boys don't like anyone make excuses for them. The streak of 19 in a row was partially assisted by a lot of home cooking. And if we wanna talk about tired legs Kobe and Gasol have been playing all year. Each of which made it to the gold medal game in the Olympics after playing in June for the Finals so I really don't wanna hear the excuse of tired legs. Because if they are at this point then their February schedule is gonna go a long way into determining if they're a one or two seed. I mean, right now they have 5 losses. They are tied with Cleveland in the loss column and Orlando is creeping up, too. Check out the C's schedule for February.

Sun, Feb 1 Minnesota 12:00 PM
Tue, Feb 3 @ Philadelphia 7:00 PM
Thu, Feb 5 LA Lakers 8:00 PM
Fri, Feb 6 @ NY Knicks 7:30 PM
Sun, Feb 8 San Antonio 1:00 PM
Wed, Feb 11 @ New Orleans 8:00 PM
Thu, Feb 12 @ Dallas 9:30 PM
Thu, Feb 19 @ Utah 10:30 PM
Sun, Feb 22 @ Phoenix 2:30 PM
Mon, Feb 23 @ Denver 9:00 PM
Wed, Feb 25 @ LA Clippers 10:30 PM
Fri, Feb 27 Indiana 7:30 PM

That six game road trip in the middle is a doozy. And LA and San Antonio at home aren't guarantees either. So if they're tired now they maybe using walkers to get out of bed by Feb. 26. But, I don't think they're tired. I just feel that they may have gotten comfortable playing at home and the road hasn't been as kind to them with the crowds and all. They will be tested in Feb. however and I'm sure they know that is a key month for them as far as home court is concerned.

what54!?
12-31-2008, 02:44 AM
I got another solution for the C's. Give the ball to ray allen when he's on the second unit. seriously when hes with the 2nd unit they phase him out.

BTownTeamsRKing
12-31-2008, 02:47 AM
agree. Ray is the key to keeping leads. in the 19 game win streak, he threw in big points and made big leads into blow outs. get him the freaken ball. the man can shoot better than anyone on the planet.

GregOden#1
12-31-2008, 03:04 AM
That really hurt. Instead of being down 1 at the end, we were down 3 and had to shoot a horrible 3.

Like seriously, how can they not take the basket off? so ridiculous

Considering all the crap calls the Celtics got in their favor it's not like if the game was called fairly the Celtics would be any closer to victory, in fact they'd probably be down by 20.

Lakersfan2483
12-31-2008, 03:09 AM

It's a long 82 game season, I didn't anticipate them winning all 82 games, I still expect them to win about 65 games or so. (I don't see any team winning 70 or more games this year) All of that said, my whole point is that teams are going to have off nights and will have bumps in the road, and the Celtics are no exception to the rule. I don't think they are too old to win, they have just been loosing, it happens over the course of a long season.

Lakersfan2483
12-31-2008, 03:16 AM
Its no big deal. They will be there in late May early June. Every team loses to teams they shouldn't and go through rough patches.

But it does show that they need bench help. Their bigs are way too short and they need some more offense from the perimeter. And I'm not referring to another spot up 3 pt shooter like House. They need someone that can create their own shot as well as for others.

I agree, they need help up front and won't get Mutombo's services either. (He signed with the Rockets) They miss both James Posey and PJ Brown on their bench, both guys provided stability and defense off of their bench. Posey also was able to spread the floor with his 3 point shooting and Brown was a solid rebounder and spot up shooter for them. (They miss Brown's size)

CHief_0_o_Wahoo
12-31-2008, 03:43 AM
I kind of agree in they could be tired.

I have noticed with Cleveland in their last 3 games even tough they are a solid 2-1 they have had their struggles in all of them.

Kind of also think things are just catching up, these three teams sooner or later were due for a struggle and how you perform as a team during the struggle is how good/bad you make out of it.

NFLNBA
12-31-2008, 04:19 AM
They cant be tired allready the season just started! Its just a bad slump that there going through, the players that have a excuse to be tired are really Kobe and Gasol who went all the way to the Finals then played in the gold medal game in the olympics, they have been playing for a year straight. All teams will do the rollercoaster ride affect except the Celtics, Lakers, Cavs wont drop to far and to long.

There is no way in hell the Celtics, Cavs or Lakers beat the Bulls record though! 72-10 is safe

DerekRE_3
12-31-2008, 07:23 AM
Can't believe nobody thought of this...

The Celtics lost to the Blazers tonight because the Kings tired them out. We made them kick the **** out of us so hard that they had nothing else left for the Blazers.

nygiants242
12-31-2008, 08:24 AM

:worthy:

JJ81
12-31-2008, 10:15 AM
They are still the team to beat so far this season

Gibby23
12-31-2008, 11:12 AM
similar thing happened last year.

but GET SOME BENCH HELP!!!!! the starting 5 are all exhausted because they get no help from the bench.

get joe smith already bc davis isnt doing anything. KG gets no rest.

lastly, Get the ball to RAY ALLEN. we fail when the ball stops moving to Ray Allen and he is just standing there.

How could they be exhausted if KG is averaging 32.9MPG, Pierce is at 36.6, Allen at 35.8, ROndo at 31.7, and Perk is at 28.8. The back up bigs are too short for teams who have a 7 footer coming off the bench like Portland and the Lakers have.

bostncelts34
12-31-2008, 12:06 PM
Considering all the crap calls the Celtics got in their favor it's not like if the game was called fairly the Celtics would be any closer to victory, in fact they'd probably be down by 20.

omg are you serious? hahahaha

The techinical foul on KEVIN EASTMAN who didnt even saya word lol. The blockign fouil called on house? charge called on pierce? I think you watched the wrong game dude lol

Storch
12-31-2008, 01:13 PM
Hopefully their lack of depth would get them tired for the playoffs, while the lakers depth would keep them refreshed-locked-and loaded for the finish.

KB24PG16
12-31-2008, 02:50 PM
who are the celtics playing next

KB24PG16
12-31-2008, 02:51 PM
Can't believe nobody thought of this...

The Celtics lost to the Blazers tonight because the Kings tired them out. We made them kick the **** out of us so hard that they had nothing else left for the Blazers.

:laugh:

epgelinas
12-31-2008, 03:04 PM
Boston misses their bench from last year. They're still a championship caliber team, but long winning streaks aren't in their best interest, as odd as that sounds. They can't afford to play 100% of every single game because they're going to run out of gas even before the playoffs start. The young teams in the east pose a serious threat to them.

Definitely miss Posey's minutes and PJ Brown at the end of the season was a great pick up. The C's could definitely use some veteran help in the back court plus i see them bringing in PJ Brown for the last month or so again. It was a great situation for both last year and I could see Danny and PJ with a handshake deal that the C's would bring him in for a trial run again if he's in good enough shape.

tonyd3b54
12-31-2008, 03:16 PM
they could be getting tired... it takes alot of work to play the type of defense they do everysingle night...

KB24PG16
12-31-2008, 04:44 PM
they could be getting tired... it takes alot of work to play the type of defense they do everysingle night...

seriously they cant play perfect every night theyre only human

GregOden#1
12-31-2008, 05:59 PM
omg are you serious? hahahaha

The techinical foul on KEVIN EASTMAN who didnt even saya word lol. The blockign fouil called on house? charge called on pierce? I think you watched the wrong game dude lol

Are you kidding me? The Blazers got owned by the refs. You should have seen the Portland broadcasters, they were ripping the refs like crazy. Everybody knew it, that game was close to fixed, and the Blazers still won.

lakers4sho
12-31-2008, 06:19 PM
who are the celtics playing next

The Wizards.

kvrnm
12-31-2008, 06:41 PM
Are you kidding me? The Blazers got owned by the refs. You should have seen the Portland broadcasters, they were ripping the refs like crazy. Everybody knew it, that game was close to fixed, and the Blazers still won.

k im a celtic fan, and besides are announcers, yours are the most biased. and as far as the reffing, one of the few games where we didnt get the favorable calls, it just seemed to you that you were getting screwd cus your announcers were *****ing the whole game.

tonyd3b54
12-31-2008, 06:49 PM
seriously they cant play perfect every night theyre only human

exactly and to add on to bostoncelts34s post wat about the cross over that outlaw tried to pull on tony allen that he completely lost control of and the ball rolled out of bounds? tony didnt even touch the ball or outlaw

tonyd3b54
12-31-2008, 06:53 PM
k im a celtic fan, and besides are announcers, yours are the most biased. and as far as the reffing, one of the few games where we didnt get the favorable calls, it just seemed to you that you were getting screwd cus your announcers were *****ing the whole game.

mike and donny arent that biased u see them point out all the time wwhen the celtics got away with something... tommy H however is the most biased man on the the planet... hes only there because its funny to watch him go nuts...

kvrnm
12-31-2008, 06:59 PM
mike and donny arent that biased u see them point out all the time wwhen the celtics got away with something... tommy H however is the most biased man on the the planet... hes only there because its funny to watch him go nuts...

k i dont see them on a regular basis, but last night they seemed more biased then most announcers i have seen in the nba.

mr.Latino
12-31-2008, 07:02 PM
Who cares if they're tired, the thing is whoooss parttiiingg tooniteee!!!!!!!!!

mr.Latino
12-31-2008, 07:02 PM
Ohhh happy new years everyone!!!!!

tonyd3b54
12-31-2008, 07:09 PM
k i dont see them on a regular basis, but last night they seemed more biased then most announcers i have seen in the nba.

last night was a horribly officiated game thats y... i watched it and it was one of the worse ive seen in a LONG time... i saw bad calls for both sides...

GregOden#1
12-31-2008, 07:48 PM
last night was a horribly officiated game thats y... i watched it and it was one of the worse ive seen in a LONG time... i saw bad calls for both sides...

Sure you did. It was blatantly in favor of the Celtics all game, especially the first half.