PDA

View Full Version : Good 1st Round Matchups you would like to see this year?

JordansBulls
12-30-2008, 12:27 PM
Good 1st Round Matchups you would like to see this year?

If I could create 1st round matchups of teams I would like to see play one another it would be the following. Also it would be series that can actually happen as well.

Eastern Conference

#1 Cavaliers vs #8 Bulls (Cavs have never beaten the Bulls in a playoff series :D)
#4 Hawks vs #5 Heat (Two very even teams battling it out.)

#3 Magic vs #6 Pistons (Can the Magic finally beat the Pistons in a series)
#2 Celtics vs #7 Sixers (A little repeat of 80's history here)

Western Conference

#1 Lakers vs #8 Blazers (Two teams that have trouble winning on the others home floor.)
#4 Jazz vs #5 Hornets (CP3 vs Deron in a series)

#3 Rockets vs #6 Nuggets (Two teams that haven't been out of round 1 in years.)
#2 Spurs vs #7 Mavericks (The anticipated rematch of the 2006 Semifinals series. Duncan vs Dirk)

Edit: I updated this to reflect how things can work out.

KnicksorBust
12-30-2008, 12:35 PM
Knicks would get brutally swept in that series. A more exciting one would be Celtics-Sixers.

Other than that I pretty much agree. :laugh: Those would be awesome matchups.
Rockets/Nuggets would shatter the universe as somehow both teams would still lose.

DrDEADalready
12-30-2008, 12:50 PM
I was thinking Jazz and Hornets as well. i think that would be a awesome series to watch.

Nexus
12-30-2008, 12:55 PM
Knicks would get brutally swept in that series. A more exciting one would be Celtics-Sixers.

Rockets/Nuggets would shatter the universe as somehow both teams would still lose.

Hhahaha, I love it.

I love the LeBron vs. Wade, CP3 vs. Deron, and Shaq vs. Kobe ones. I think Portland and Phoenix would be a fun matchup, no real headlines involved though.

Durant is hype
12-30-2008, 12:56 PM

:laugh2:

JIDsanity
12-30-2008, 01:03 PM
Nice way to just toss out the fact that the Nets are the 7th seed right now

JIDsanity
12-30-2008, 01:03 PM
Chicago's not in the playoff's
"??????????????????????????????????"

innovator
12-30-2008, 01:08 PM

If I could create 1st round matchups of teams I would like to see play one another it would be the following. Also it would be series that can actually happen as well.

Eastern Conference

#1 Celtics vs #8 Knicks (What better rivalry to see the Knicks make the postseason)
#4 Hawks vs #5 Bulls (Two young teams going at it. Two good home teams playing one another)

#2 Cavaliers vs #7 Heat (Lebron vs Wade)

Western Conference

#1 Lakers vs #8 Suns (Can the Lakers finally get their rematch and beat the Suns in a series. Also Kobe vs Shaq)
#4 Rockets vs #5 Nuggets (Two teams that haven't been out of round 1 in years. Also T-mac vs Melo, someone would get out of round 1)

#3 Hornets vs #6 Jazz (CP3 vs Deron in a series)
#2 Spurs vs #7 Mavericks (The anticipated rematch of the 2006 Semifinals series. Duncan vs Dirk)

I would like to see Portland as well, but I am not sure if their headline would match up to any of those teams right now.

i like all of those matchup and even the 2nd round and 3rd round have some story behind them

2nd round
Celtics vs. Hawks (last seasons playoff rematch)
Magic vs. Cavs (best C vs. best SF)

Lakers vs. Rockets (PLAYOFF SUPERBOWL YAO vs. YUE)
Hornets vs. Spurs (last seasons playoff rematch)

CONF. FINALS
Celtics vs. Cavs (Lebron vs. Pierce, last seasons playoff rematch)
Lakers vs. Spurs (lakers end the spurs "odd year" streak)

FINALS
Lakers vs. Cavs/Celtics (kobe vs. lebron, last seasons finals rematch)

Rome
12-30-2008, 01:15 PM
Those are some good games, me personally I'd like to see Phoenix and San Antonio that would be a good matchup that we haven't seen yet.... Bhaha :(

D-Leethal
12-30-2008, 01:16 PM
As a Knicks fan, thanks for giving us some love although at this point I don't see them making playoffs. As a Bulls fan, you gotta take a chill pill no way that team makes the 5 seed as is, maybe if a blockbuster deal gets pulled off but not with Rose and the rest of your guard mess, Deng sucking a big one this year, and TT, Gooden, and Noah as your bigs.

JayW_1023
12-30-2008, 01:32 PM
I would love to see us burn the Suns again.

I respect guys like Shaq, Hill and Nash alot, and I really was a big fan of Raja Bell...but even since the J-Rich trade I have been disliking their roster more and more.

Raja Bell would've never allowed Mason to be that open on that final play. it shows you how completely out of sync the Suns are defensively.

That, and my dislike for the constant whining, griping, complaining and prima donna escapades of Amare Stoudemire.

_Sn1P3r_
12-30-2008, 01:52 PM

Lmao! :laugh2:

NYMetros
12-30-2008, 01:54 PM

Eastern Conference

#1 Celtics vs #8 Knicks (What better rivalry to see the Knicks make the postseason)
#4 Hawks vs #5 Bulls (Two young teams going at it. Two good home teams playing one another)

Western Conference

#1 Lakers vs #8 Suns (Can the Lakers finally get their rematch and beat the Suns in a series. Also Kobe vs Shaq)
#4 Rockets vs #5 Nuggets (Two teams that haven't been out of round 1 in years. Also T-mac vs Melo, someone would get out of round 1)

I would like to see Portland as well, but I am not sure if their headline would match up to any of those teams right now.

I agree with all of those matchups. Man, that would be amazing.

Kyben36
12-30-2008, 02:10 PM
Heat Bulls. we have alot of tension with that team. even the last game we played they called a timeout and Vinny Del Negro told his palyer REMEMBER THIS like it pissed him off. I didnt see any harm in it. But our coaching staff did. that and about the other 20 things that have our rivalry going.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=DLnTdZb18oM

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=XxU3YXcRwV0

Plus the fact that Wade is from Chicago can only help the Rivalry.

stealth33
12-30-2008, 02:22 PM
I think Celtics-Pacers would be a good 1-8 (who knows if the pacers have a chance of making it)

So far pacers blew them out, celtics blew pacers out...then an VERY close OT (pierce 3 pointer saves the day)

It would be more competitive than celtics vs most other 8 seeds

WntAbCEO
12-30-2008, 02:37 PM
I know that it wouldn't work because of the standings but I would love to see these matchups

Celtics vs Hawks
Knicks vs Bulls (i don't care about this game really) :rolleyes:

Heat vs Pistons
Cavaliers vs Magic

Western Conference

Lakers vs Rockets
Hornets vs Nuggets

Mavericks vs Jazz
Spurs vs Suns

KB24PG16
12-30-2008, 02:48 PM
4 and 5 seeds are always the best

b_rad23
12-30-2008, 03:02 PM
Can't see the Bulls making the playoffs, nor do I want them to because I enjoy competitive series'.

I'd like to see Heat-Pistons again. I'd also enjoy Suns-Lakers a lot.

Ph1lly Diehard
12-30-2008, 03:08 PM
76ers vs. Raptors. 2 teams that came have players that impact their teams that they got via free agency and trade in Elton Brand and Jermaine O'Neal. The matchup of Brand and Bosh would be great, Sammy D is playing like an allstar as is Oneal. It would be a great matchu....

Wait..

:pity:

Lakersfan2483
12-30-2008, 03:13 PM
Great Eastern Conference Finals matchup:

Cavs vs Celtics

Great Western Conference Finals matchup:

Rockets vs Lakers

JordansBulls
12-30-2008, 04:02 PM
Nice way to just toss out the fact that the Nets are the 7th seed right now

The Nets barely have sold out any games.

IversonIsKrazy
12-30-2008, 05:26 PM
all of the western match-ups r crazzzyyy! but the east, ur telling me bulls are higher ranked than the pistons, c'mon now.

BALLER R
12-30-2008, 05:30 PM

actually i dont think they would...it would be a pretty good match up with the knicks

Hellcrooner
12-30-2008, 05:35 PM
id like to see a san antonio vs new orleans and a cavs vs boston in the first round, tie 3-3 big brawls whoever makes it to the second has their 3 best players suspended for the series.

The Answer3
12-30-2008, 05:38 PM
I wanna see a Heat-Celtics ECF. I know, it's unlikely, but w/e. And a Lakers/Suns WCF.

JRisdabest
12-30-2008, 05:41 PM
8clippers 1lakers:clap::clap::clap::smoking:

BullsNumber1Fan
12-30-2008, 06:14 PM
Can't see the Bulls making the playoffs, nor do I want them to because I enjoy competitive series'.

I'd like to see Heat-Pistons again. I'd also enjoy Suns-Lakers a lot.

Can't see the Heat making the playoffs(because D.Wade is going to get injured), nor do I want them to because I enjoy competitive series'.

I'd like to see Bulls-Pistons again to see if we can beat the Pistons unlike in 2007.

JordansBulls
12-30-2008, 06:15 PM
8clippers 1lakers:clap::clap::clap::smoking:

No thanks

superkegger
12-30-2008, 06:22 PM
I'd like to see Celtics vs Hawks again, that would be fun, and I think Celtics vs Cavs would be epic.

Lakers vs Spurs in the WCF would be awesome. Suns vs Spurs in the first round again would be fun. really the west 1st round will be fun no matter what.

JordansBulls
12-30-2008, 08:13 PM
I'd like to see Celtics vs Hawks again, that would be fun, and I think Celtics vs Cavs would be epic.

Lakers vs Spurs in the WCF would be awesome. Suns vs Spurs in the first round again would be fun. really the west 1st round will be fun no matter what.

I don't think the Hawks are bad enough to meet the Celtics in round 1 this year.

SUNDUNDIDIT
12-30-2008, 10:10 PM
I'm hopin that the Nuggets have Houston in the 1st round....As long as it isn't Lakers or Spurs, i'm good.

goku
12-30-2008, 10:40 PM
I'm hopin that the Nuggets have Houston in the 1st round....As long as it isn't Lakers or Spurs, i'm good.

it would be a good match-up for us with yall havin a small frontline

JordansBulls
12-31-2008, 12:34 AM

Who needs the HCA in that series?

kvrnm
12-31-2008, 12:52 AM
Who needs the HCA in that series?

nuggets

sportsnutzz
12-31-2008, 01:11 AM

Yeah the Jazz are tired of sending Houston home... it's the Nuggets turn :laugh:

what54!?
12-31-2008, 01:23 AM
I think the lakers and suns would be a goos series. Don't expect the suns to win but it should be good. The nuggets ans rockets would be good too.

For the east I'm gonna be a biased fan and say the the cavs and heat :p. But seriously it could be lebron vs. wade and the heat can beat the cavs. Maybe not in a seven game series but it could be a series.

JordansBulls
12-31-2008, 01:29 AM
I think the lakers and suns would be a goos series. Don't expect the suns to win but it should be good. The nuggets ans rockets would be good too.

For the east I'm gonna be a biased fan and say the the cavs and heat :p. But seriously it could be lebron vs. wade and the heat can beat the cavs. Maybe not in a seven game series but it could be a series.

The sad thing would be that the Suns lose the series and the Grant Hill curse would continue. As whatever team he has been on they have never made it out of round 1. Suns were contenders before they got him and now all of a sudden they can't make it out of round 1.

what54!?
12-31-2008, 01:38 AM
The sad thing would be that the Suns lose the series and the Grant Hill curse would continue. As whatever team he has been on they have never made it out of round 1. Suns were contenders before they got him and now all of a sudden they can't make it out of round 1.Thats kinda sad. I want to grant hill to get a ring. At least experince getting out of the first round. Would have been one of the all time greats if not for injuries.

Also I don't think grant hill is the total blame for the suns not being contenders anymore. They brought in shaq who and a new coach trying to make them a defensive half-court team when there not. Most of the there true key players are getting up there except for amare.

29$JerZ
12-31-2008, 01:41 AM
I would Like to see the following

Boston - Atlanta (Defense vs Athleticism)
Cavs - Orlando (LeBron vs Dwight)
Detroit - Philly (AI vs his old team)
Bulls - Knicks (Rivarly once again)

Utah vs New Orleans
Spurs vs Dallas
Denver vs Houston
Lakers vs Phoenix

sportsnutzz
12-31-2008, 03:08 AM
Utah vs. New Orleans huh?....:D
Paul Vs. Williams?

J-Relo
12-31-2008, 05:31 AM
I would love to see us burn the Suns again.

I respect guys like Shaq, Hill and Nash alot, and I really was a big fan of Raja Bell...but even since the J-Rich trade I have been disliking their roster more and more.

Raja Bell would've never allowed Mason to be that open on that final play. it shows you how completely out of sync the Suns are defensively.

That, and my dislike for the constant whining, griping, complaining and prima donna escapades of Amare Stoudemire.

^^^ real Spurs fan... (won't go in discussions...)

well my matchup would be SPURS vs SUNS too... and finally show who's the best...

G-Menfan4lyfe
12-31-2008, 05:38 AM
Bulls will not be the 5 seed ahead of Miami or Detroit if they even make the playoffs at all.....

hockeypro68
12-31-2008, 06:01 AM
I like your scenarios a LOT. (Speaking of JordansBulls) And they're realistic, except for Bulls getting 5th... Oh my goodness, I would pay any sum of money to see Lakers lose to the Suns and just hush ALLLLL the overconfident, cocky lakers fans, ya feel me? Shaq is still Kicking A$S, and with the addition of Jason Richardson, the constantly ballin Amare, and the timeless Steve Nash, I'd say the Suns are the surprise team out West that I feel is entirely capable of making it to the finals.

nygiants242
12-31-2008, 06:04 AM
San Antonio vs Houston

I'd love it.

JJ81
12-31-2008, 10:16 AM
I want Lakers Suns again

JPHX
12-31-2008, 04:18 PM
definitely lakers suns. LA will go up 3-0 just like they did last time. then give up the lead again and lose 4-3. lol.:D

JordansBulls
12-31-2008, 06:13 PM
definitely lakers suns. LA will go up 3-0 just like they did last time. then give up the lead again and lose 4-3. lol.:D

:laugh2:

DODGERS&LAKERS
12-31-2008, 06:52 PM

Man, you cant even talk trash right. It was 3-1 then they lost 4-3.
The Suns were a great team that year. They went on to go to the finals so its no big deal.

See, I could post stuff and not know what the hell I'm talking about too.

JPHX
12-31-2008, 07:01 PM
Man, you cant even talk trash right. It was 3-1 then they lost 4-3.
The Suns were a great team that year. They went on to go to the finals so its no big deal.

See, I could post stuff and not know what the hell I'm talking about too.

dont take offense man. everybody knows LA is a great team and are the favorites.

LayZbone
12-31-2008, 08:16 PM
Dream scenario (key word- dream):

Heat/Cavs. Wade owning Lebron in the ECF.

Heat/Lakers. Wade owning Kobe in the Finals.

That's what I'm talking about. (http://www.nba.com/media/hornets/270_Wade_12Sep2006.JPG)

JordansBulls
12-31-2008, 08:25 PM

That's what I'm talking about. (http://www.nba.com/media/hornets/270_Wade_12Sep2006.JPG)

First round would be much better.

LayZbone
12-31-2008, 08:39 PM
First round would be much better.

didn't really read the thread title lol. Heat vs. Cavs in the 1st round would still be fire.

MJ-BULLS
01-19-2009, 05:42 PM
id like to see the magic vs pistons see if they can beat the pistons with d howard and the great three point shooters they got

D Roses Bulls
01-19-2009, 05:46 PM
i wish the bulls could get the 5 seed but i doubt that would happen. i can always wish though

JordansBulls
01-19-2009, 06:54 PM
didn't really read the thread title lol. Heat vs. Cavs in the 1st round would still be fire.

Should have happened in 2006-2007. Had the bulls won the last game of the year it would have.

After today's game, I definitely want to see Houston vs Denver in Round 1.

Hoopsadvocate
01-19-2009, 07:13 PM
I personally would LLLLLLOOOVEEEE to see HEAT vs Cavs in the 1st round for the Wade vs Lebron spectacle and also cause i feel out of the top 3 teams in the east the HEAT have the best chance at beating the Cavs and its a quite realistic 1st round matchup.

LA412
01-19-2009, 10:26 PM

Eastern Conference

Western Conference

i like your suggestions...rockets and jazz not playing each other would be cool

JordansBulls
01-20-2009, 12:09 AM
I personally would LLLLLLOOOVEEEE to see HEAT vs Cavs in the 1st round for the Wade vs Lebron spectacle and also cause i feel out of the top 3 teams in the east the HEAT have the best chance at beating the Cavs and its a quite realistic 1st round matchup.

It would be epic.

J$mo0th_3o5
01-20-2009, 12:28 AM

:cheers:

rapsleafsjays
01-20-2009, 12:51 AM
raps-celtics

gcoll
01-20-2009, 12:52 AM
I'd like the Suns-Lakers in the first round.

The last 2 times the Suns were the favorite. This year it would be the Lakers. I'd like a shot at them. Them being The Lakers.

JordansBulls
01-20-2009, 01:28 AM
I'd like the Suns-Lakers in the first round.

The last 2 times the Suns were the favorite. This year it would be the Lakers. I'd like a shot at them. Them being The Lakers.

I'd like to see it as well.

dikimbemutumbo
01-20-2009, 01:54 AM
i'd like to see bulls 7 or 8 seed and Cleavland 1 0r 2, b/c the bulls normally show up for the lebrons

JordansBulls
01-20-2009, 09:38 AM
i'd like to see bulls 7 or 8 seed and Cleavland 1 0r 2, b/c the bulls normally show up for the lebrons

Well I would only like that in the sense we have never lost a playoff series to Cleveland.

todu82
01-20-2009, 10:29 AM
Detroit vs. Philadelphia: A.I.'s old team against his current team.

L.A. Lakers vs. Phoenix: Kobe vs. Shaq

JJ81
01-20-2009, 10:39 AM
Lakers would easily eclypse the Suns.

Lakers have improved and Suns have gotten worse.

KKell2507
01-20-2009, 11:04 AM
i wouldnt mind seeing pistons-sixers or hawks-sixers.
with pistons its a rematch form last years pretty entertaining series plus the new wrinkle of AI vs his old squad.
with the hawks you get probably the two most uptempo athletic teams in the league squaring off. may end up being a dunk contest before the series is over. both games between the two have been very fun to watch with each team winning 1.

Sixerlover
01-20-2009, 11:26 AM
Hawks - Sixers would be a hell of a matchup.

bbcmillionaire
01-20-2009, 12:02 PM
after the bulls trade hughes and gordon for kaman and filler, then trade gordon for boozer
bulls vs cleveland
bulls vs spurs in the finals dreaming big

wyze
01-20-2009, 12:50 PM
this is going to sound crazy but I would love to see the Celts and the Pistons in the first round. Why??? because that means alot of other teams in the east have gotten much better and the rest will be hard to predict!!!

Rip vs Ray

K.G VS Rasheed

Stuckey VS Rondo

good times....Good times

JordansBulls
03-10-2009, 10:47 AM
I updated this to reflect matchups that more than likely will happen that would be intriguing to see.

cmstophe
03-10-2009, 10:49 AM
#1 Cavaliers vs #8 Bulls (Cavs have never beaten the Bulls in a playoff series )

They bringin' Jordan back for that series?

theimortalone
03-10-2009, 11:04 AM

Yeah, okay. :rolleyes:

Are you so sure about that? Kobe scores 49 against Phoenix, and you guys still lost to a Suns team that had no Amare, and no Nash. Am I saying that Phoenix will beat the Lakers in a 7 game series? Of course not! I am saying tho, that Phoenix could give the Lakers one hell of a first round match up!

JordansBulls
03-10-2009, 11:28 AM
They bringin' Jordan back for that series?

Of course not, but we have a better team than we did earlier in the season and we already beat you guys. I think we can win all of our home games, I'm just not sure we can win in Cleveland.

RodmansBulls
03-10-2009, 11:48 AM
Of course not, but we have a better team than we did earlier in the season and we already beat you guys. I think we can win all of our home games, I'm just not sure we can win in Cleveland.

I don't think the Bulls can stop Lebron in the post season, once its playoff time the guy goes to the next level.

nik.jd.aitken
03-10-2009, 11:55 AM
You are really dead on with all of those matchups. Can't think of better ones but I don't see Dallas finishing 7th. :(

Edit: Then again this was made in December so whatever.

cmstophe
03-10-2009, 11:56 AM

The Bulls would be lucky to win one game. I'm sorry, it's just...how it is. If you think the Cavs are good now, their game goes to a whole new level in the postseason if the past few years is any indication. If you think LeBron and Mo and the veterans on that team would let themselves fall to the Bulls, you're kidding.

LakersKB24
03-10-2009, 11:58 AM
Yeah, okay. :rolleyes:

Are you so sure about that? Kobe scores 49 against Phoenix, and you guys still lost to a Suns team that had no Amare, and no Nash. Am I saying that Phoenix will beat the Lakers in a 7 game series? Of course not! I am saying tho, that Phoenix could give the Lakers one hell of a first round match up!

Yeah and Lakers without Bynum ;)
Still, I'd love to see Suns vs Lakers in a series... Kobe vs Shaq.
I also want LA to play the Blazers. Portland is one of my favorite teams although there's a rivalry. I just like to see the youngns in a playoff series against LA. Would be hell of a matchup. In the WCF I want the Jazz. Could also be a very close series just like last year.

mrblisterdundee
03-10-2009, 12:18 PM
Based on the records as of this post, the Blazers would have to play the Jazz. That just scares me. I'm more afraid of the Jazz than of any other team in the West right now.

king4day
03-10-2009, 12:26 PM
Bobcats / Celtics. This could very well be the type of series that the Hawks gave them last year.

king4day
03-10-2009, 12:29 PM

It wouldn't be easy and please, enough with getting 'eclipsed'. Every time the Suns lose, the sports writer for the winning team thinks they are the first to use that phrase.

king4day
03-10-2009, 12:33 PM
Yeah and Lakers without Bynum ;)
Still, I'd love to see Suns vs Lakers in a series... Kobe vs Shaq.
I also want LA to play the Blazers. Portland is one of my favorite teams although there's a rivalry. I just like to see the youngns in a playoff series against LA. Would be hell of a matchup. In the WCF I want the Jazz. Could also be a very close series just like last year.

There is a tad bit of a difference between losing Nash/Amar'e, and losing Bynum.
Lakers proved last year they could truck to the finals without him. Suns have only won a handful of games without Nash since 04-05, let alone without Amare.

Lakers / Blazers would be fun to see, though I doubt Portland falls to the 8 seed.

JordansBulls
03-10-2009, 12:50 PM
The Bulls would be lucky to win one game. I'm sorry, it's just...how it is. If you think the Cavs are good now, their game goes to a whole new level in the postseason if the past few years is any indication. If you think LeBron and Mo and the veterans on that team would let themselves fall to the Bulls, you're kidding.

We aren't the Wizards which is the team you have played the last 3 years. You know we managed to sweep the defending champs when we were in the playoffs. I'm not saying we would win the series, but it isn't silly to think we could take it 7 games.

what54!?
03-10-2009, 01:00 PM
I know it probably won't happen this post-season but the bulls and heat.

For a probable series the blazers and lakers or magic and pistions to see if the magic cab finally take down the pistons

cmstophe
03-10-2009, 01:49 PM
We aren't the Wizards which is the team you have played the last 3 years. You know we managed to sweep the defending champs when we were in the playoffs. I'm not saying we would win the series, but it isn't silly to think we could take it 7 games.

The Wizards are better than the Bulls IMO, at least when healthy (which they never were, but they did have Gilbert/Jamison/Butler in chunks, which is better than what the Bulls can offer) You won't have Laura Hughes to bail you out, either. :cool:

Besides, the Cavs are much better than they have ever been in the past few years....

JordansBulls
03-10-2009, 02:41 PM
The Wizards are better than the Bulls IMO, at least when healthy (which they never were, but they did have Gilbert/Jamison/Butler in chunks, which is better than what the Bulls can offer) You won't have Laura Hughes to bail you out, either. :cool:

Besides, the Cavs are much better than they have ever been in the past few years....

The Wizards aren't better than us. When we played them in 2005 they had everyone healthy and we were missing both Eddy Curry and Luol Deng the entire series. After that the Wizards haven't even made it out of round 1. In fact they got swept by Miami and then got handled by the Cavs. We ended up sweeping Miami in 2007. Wizards probably wouldn't have even won a game and the Cavs would have lost to Miami that year as well, which is the year the Cavs made the finals.

cmstophe
03-10-2009, 04:29 PM
You act like the Cavs of now are the cavs of 2 years ago, same with the Bulls.

fairandbalanced
03-10-2009, 04:39 PM
Teams I would like to see in 1st round.

West ------------------------ East

Lakers v. Blazers -------------- Heat v. Bulls
Spurs v. Hornets -------------- Celtics v. Cavs
Rockets v. Dallas-------------- Pistons v. Magic
Nuggets v. Utah -------------- Hawks v. sixers.

JordansBulls
03-10-2009, 04:46 PM
You act like the Cavs of now are the cavs of 2 years ago, same with the Bulls.

Neither of us are, but it still doesn't change the fact that we beat you guys this year with a worse team than we have now.

cmstophe
03-10-2009, 07:37 PM
Neither of us are, but it still doesn't change the fact that we beat you guys this year with a worse team than we have now.

....so you beat us once and that means you could take us in the playoffs? Never mind the other three games? I don't even remember the final scores but I bet they were embarrassments of the Bulls. I have a lot of respect for the Bulls franchise for obvious reasons, but...I just don't see it bro.

Kakaroach
03-10-2009, 07:47 PM
Jazz-Rockets: Jazz can beat the Rockets for the 3rd straight year.
Blazers-Lakers: Drama to the max after last night.
Bulls-Heat: If its anything like their past 2 games, it would be spectacular.

JordansBulls
03-10-2009, 07:52 PM
....so you beat us once and that means you could take us in the playoffs? Never mind the other three games? I don't even remember the final scores but I bet they were embarrassments of the Bulls. I have a lot of respect for the Bulls franchise for obvious reasons, but...I just don't see it bro.

We have a completely revamped roster.

Out are: Thabo, Nocioni, Gooden, Hughes, Nichols

In are: Miller, Salmons, Tim Thomas, Roberson, James

I don't think Lebron nor the Cavs want any part of us honestly.

dre1990
03-10-2009, 08:07 PM
Eastern:

#1 Celtics vs. #2 Bobcats

#3 Orlando vs. #6 Detroit

#4 ATL vs. #5 Miami

Western Confrence

#2 Spurs vs. #7 Portland

#3 Houston vs. #6 Denver

#4 Jazz vs. #4 Hornets

bbcmillionaire
03-10-2009, 08:18 PM
man if the bulls beat the cavs and the heat beat the hawks
BULLS VS HEAT(this time our healthy roster) winner vs the celtics

cmstophe
03-10-2009, 09:08 PM
We have a completely revamped roster.

Out are: Thabo, Nocioni, Gooden, Hughes, Nichols

In are: Miller, Salmons, Tim Thomas, Roberson, James

I don't think Lebron nor the Cavs want any part of us honestly.

Seriously....that roster is going to scare the Cavs? All right man..

JordansBulls
03-11-2009, 08:40 AM
Bulls would give the Cavs all they can handle.

Also on a side point, Phx is 5 games out from the 8th seed. They pretty much are done now.

P-O-Z
03-11-2009, 11:39 AM
Rockets/Nuggets vs. The First Round

JordansBulls
03-11-2009, 02:52 PM
man if the bulls beat the cavs and the heat beat the hawks
BULLS VS HEAT(this time our healthy roster) winner vs the celtics

Yeah that won't happen. If anything everyone would want to see the Lebron vs Wade matchup.

JordansBulls
03-24-2009, 08:28 AM
Still hoping for a Phx - LA series. They are only out 3 games now.

J-Relo
03-24-2009, 09:00 AM
Lakers vs Suns

yep, I still think Suns can make it and what else if not Lakers... good time to revenge for Lakers, good time to prove something for Suns

SlaterRaps
03-24-2009, 09:44 AM
Lakers vs Blazers i would definitely look forward to
Rockets vs Nuggets also

SlaterRaps
03-24-2009, 09:46 AM
Seriously....that roster is going to scare the Cavs? All right man..

ya seriously this guy is too much of a homer

JordansBulls
03-24-2009, 10:47 AM

Why because we beat the Cavs this year already with a worse roster than we have now and should have won another game against them?

Out biggest problem is can we win in Cleveland?

mitch91
03-24-2009, 10:59 AM
i would love to see a la phx first round matchup. i think lakers fans would love to play the suns and i think the suns have a small shot at maybe taking the lakers. i think suns could take at least two games from the lakers

Young2Kinsler
03-24-2009, 11:11 AM
Let's just keep hope alive that Dallas won't make the playoffs!

mitch91
03-24-2009, 11:15 AM

couldn't have agreed more!

JordansBulls
03-24-2009, 02:33 PM

Why not?

king4day
03-24-2009, 03:13 PM

13 days later...

I think the Bulls or Heat would give the Cavs their toughest matchup.
So since the Heat won't be there, and the Bulls have improved since the start of the season, i'd say they could give the Cavs a bit of a run.
Maybe Detroit too.

Young2Kinsler
03-25-2009, 12:33 AM
Why not?

I think it's the only way to snap the front office out of the past. It's time for this team to have a drastic shakeup, that they have needed for years. Making the 8 seed will only get us swept by the Lakers, so I'll take the slimmest of chances in the lottery over that fate.

Chronz
03-25-2009, 02:14 AM
Lakers-Suns (Kobe vs Shaq + Sweet Revenge for eliminating them all those years)
Spurs-Blazers/Mavs (Duncan vs Oden)/(Duncan vs Dirk they always have a good series)
Rockets-Jazz (OBVIOUS)
Nuggets-Hornets (CP3 vs Billups)

East
Bron vs Wade
Pistons-Magic

JayW_1023
03-25-2009, 05:57 AM
If Manu isn't healthy and up and running by the time the postseason starts, we might just lose in the first round.

Manu is our aggressor...we need him healthy to make any noise at all.

lakerboy
03-25-2009, 06:32 AM
If Manu isn't healthy and up and running by the time the postseason starts, we might just lose in the first round.

Manu is our aggressor...we need him healthy to make any noise at all.

What's taking Manu so long anyhow?

JayW_1023
03-25-2009, 10:21 AM
What's taking Manu so long anyhow?

Stress reaction in his ankle...it's serious...an inflammation probably has something to do with the surgery he has had on that same ankle.

It's pretty frustrated being a Spurs fan these days...because last year we had a great shot and we got too banged up in the WCF to give the Lakers a good series...and this year, we have added depth that somewhat makes up for our injury woes...but it looks like we're still limping towards to postseason.

What concerns me more than Manu is Duncans health...if Duncan isn't close to a hundred percent, we can kiss our title hopes goodbye. He has tendinitis in his knees.

JordansBulls
03-25-2009, 10:25 AM
Lakers-Suns (Kobe vs Shaq + Sweet Revenge for eliminating them all those years)
Spurs-Blazers/Mavs (Duncan vs Oden)/(Duncan vs Dirk they always have a good series)
Rockets-Jazz (OBVIOUS)
Nuggets-Hornets (CP3 vs Billups)

East
Bron vs Wade
Pistons-Magic

Hornets and Jazz would be a better matchup than Hornets and Nuggets.

Rockets and Nuggets would be good because neither team has gotten out of round 1 in years.

Chronz
03-25-2009, 10:07 PM
Hornets and Jazz would be a better matchup than Hornets and Nuggets.

Rockets and Nuggets would be good because neither team has gotten out of round 1 in years.

Yea CP3 vs Deron is more enticing, but Rockets Nuggets isnt a good enough reason. The other 2 matchups are more entertaining to me

JordansBulls
03-26-2009, 01:02 AM
Yea CP3 vs Deron is more enticing, but Rockets Nuggets isnt a good enough reason. The other 2 matchups are more entertaining to me

Why isn't the Rockets vs Nuggets enticing? Well had it been where T-mac was healthy than it would have been a T-mac vs Melo series.

Chronz
03-26-2009, 01:17 AM
Why isn't the Rockets vs Nuggets enticing? Well had it been where T-mac was healthy than it would have been a T-mac vs Melo series.

Because they have no history, the Jazz Rockets have history, the Nuggets vs Hornets still gives us a matchup or the 2 best PG's outside of CP3.

JordansBulls
03-26-2009, 11:44 AM
Because they have no history, the Jazz Rockets have history, the Nuggets vs Hornets still gives us a matchup or the 2 best PG's outside of CP3.

Having two elite wing players go at it that hadn't had much success in the playoffs is history in the making. Just like having the Cavs vs Heat in round 1 would be making history even though the two teams have no history together. History has to start somewhere you know.

Fireworld
03-26-2009, 05:31 PM
#3 Magic vs #6 Pistons

JordansBulls
03-26-2009, 08:01 PM
#3 Magic vs #6 Pistons

Obviously so the Magic can get over the hump.

BullsNumber1Fan
03-26-2009, 10:55 PM
#3 Magic vs #6 Pistons

Not happening now that Detroit is the 8th seed and Orlando is the 2nd seed. I don't see the Pistons making up 4 games to get the 6th seed.

Chronz
03-27-2009, 12:53 AM
Having two elite wing players go at it that hadn't had much success in the playoffs is history in the making. Just like having the Cavs vs Heat in round 1 would be making history even though the two teams have no history together. History has to start somewhere you know.
Did you just compare Wade vs Bron to Melo vs Artest? Yes the history has to start somewhere but I wouldnt want it to come at the expense of an intense rivalry that has already been going on, besides a new rivalry could begin either way, only in my matchup its 2 of the best PG's, a former Finals MVP vs the greatest pg prospect of his generation. Melo vs Artest doesnt have that same vibe with me. It would most likely be a one sided series in the Rockets favor anyways. Artest and Battier are too much for Melo, the Nuggets cant kill Yao on the PnR and Nene's power game would struggle. The Nuggs and Hornets are the one team I would want the Rockets to face, but thats because I want to see them succeed, but first and foremost as a fan of the NBA however its not a playoff series I would enjoy watching, certainly not over Jazz-Rockets and Nuggs-Hornets

JordansBulls
03-27-2009, 08:04 AM
Did you just compare Wade vs Bron to Melo vs Artest? Yes the history has to start somewhere but I wouldnt want it to come at the expense of an intense rivalry that has already been going on, besides a new rivalry could begin either way, only in my matchup its 2 of the best PG's, a former Finals MVP vs the greatest pg prospect of his generation. Melo vs Artest doesnt have that same vibe with me. It would most likely be a one sided series in the Rockets favor anyways. Artest and Battier are too much for Melo, the Nuggets cant kill Yao on the PnR and Nene's power game would struggle. The Nuggs and Hornets are the one team I would want the Rockets to face, but thats because I want to see them succeed, but first and foremost as a fan of the NBA however its not a playoff series I would enjoy watching, certainly not over Jazz-Rockets and Nuggs-Hornets

I am saying a T-mac and Melo first round matchup would have been good.