PDA

View Full Version : NBA Redraft Playoffs: Detroit Pistons vs Philadelphia 76ers - VOTE!

BlondeBomber41
12-30-2008, 09:32 AM
Detroit has homecourt Advantage

Detroit Pistons Lineup:

C: Marcus Camby - Marreese Speights - Ryan Anderson
PF: Tim Duncan - Joakim Noah - Ryan Anderson
SF: Morris Peterson - Damien Wilkins - Damien Wilkins
SG: Jason Richardson - Michael Finley - Michael Finley
PG: Rajon Rondo - Ronnie Price - Lindsay Hunter

Philadelphia 76ers Lineup:

C: Andris Biedrins - Robert Swift
PF: Kevin Garnett - Kwame Brown - Robert Horry
SF: Trevor Ariza - Desmond Mason
SG: Jamal Crawford - Ime Udoka
PG: Derrick Rose - Louis Williams

Detroit Pistons Writeup:

Point Guard: Rose vs. Rondo is a great match up between two of the rising point guards in the East. Rose is more talented offensively and Rondo is more talented defensively. Rondo is one of the best on ball defenders at PG and will have no problem slowing down and limit Rose's offense. The amount they score on each other would be around the same, but we now have to factor in play making and experience. Rondo has a ring, Rose is a rookie, Rondo is also a much better play maker and team defender with his 2.4 SPG. This is a even match, but Rondo has the overall advantage in a playoff series by a hair.

Shooting Guard: Two explosive 20 PPG scorers will duke it out with Crawford vs. Richardson. Richardson has the athleticism and length to guard him, but Crawford is a liability on defense. Crawford's size and defense will be taken advantage of as Richardson and pull up a shot over him or even post him up if he wanted. Crawford is also terrible for team chemistry as he has never made the playoffs in his career. Richardson takes this match up.

Small Forward: The two glue guys of each team in Ariza and Peterson both bring good solid defense. Ariza is better as attacking the basket, Peterson is better at shooting. Two role guys doing role things, this match up is pretty much even.

Power Forward: The two greatest PFs in the game will have a nice battle here with Garnett vs. Duncan. Garnett has the better mid game and Duncan has the better post game, both bring great defense. The difference here is Duncan is the better winner with his 4 rings where as Garnett has 1. Garnett has also proven he cannot be relied on as clutch player and there no Paul Pierce or Ray Allen on this team so he will have to take on the duties. On the other hand, Duncan is great closer to finish out games and takes this match up by a hair.

Center: Biedrins vs. Camby features two the league's best rebounders and help defenders. Neither has much offensive game, both should put up about 10 PPG which will all come right in front of the basket (Biedrins' #'s are inflated on that terrible GSW team). Biedrins is looking like the future version of Camby, but as of right now Camby is still the better shot blocking, defender and rebounder. Camby does everything Biedrins does except better, along with his experience, which allows him to win this match up.

Overall: Both teams have very talented starting fives, the benches are also quite even as they both bring experience, energy, scoring and defense at each position. The key is defense and experience wins titles. The Pistons are composed of 4 champions in Duncan, Finley, Hunter and Rondo and also have arguably the best defense in the league. This will be a great match up, but when you factor in the experience and match ups, the Pistons have the edge.

Philadelphia 76ers Writeup:

Point Guard: Derrick Rose vs Rajon Rondo
- Rajon Rondo loves to use his speed up and down the floor, Derrick Rose is bigger and stronger then Rajon Rondo and also has that type of speed. We feel that Rajon Rondo cant run up and down with Derrick Rose on him, Whos also very fast. Derrick Rose 17.2 PPG 3.7 RPG 6.0 APG 46.5 FG %. Rajon Rondo 11.4 PPG 5.1 RPG 7.6 APG, Now whats harder to do, Get Assist with Luol Deng & Ben Gordon or Ray Allen and Kevin Garnett?

Shooting Guard: Jamal Crawford vs J-Rich
- Jamal Crawford is putting up 19.4 PPG 2.4 RPG 4.7 APG 414 FG %, Now many people think Crawford is a "Ballhog", How can you be a ballhog when you average 4.7 APG? Jason Richardson is putting up 18.6 PPG 4.4 RPG 2.6 APG 445 FG %. Now I'd take Jamal Crawford to take over a game before I take J-Richardson? When Crawford is hot he can put up 30+ on any given night, If he dosnt have a great game and gets around 15 points we still feel this team can win, He has alot more help around him then he dose in real life. Im also pretty sure that Kevin Garnett makes this whole team better defensively, He did that with Ray Allen in Boston, While I wouldnt call Jamal a Ray Allen yet I'd like to think of him as the same type of player.

Small Forward: Trevor Ariza vs Morris Peterson
Trevor Ariza is loved by Laker fans, Hes praised for his long athletic defense and how he is just so crafty around the rim, I see him having a fun time of Morris Peterson. Trevor puts up 9.0 PPG 4.9 RPG 2.2 APG 47.3 FG %. He dose that in 24 MPG, Mo Pete puts up 8 PPG 2.7 RPG and .4 APG with 0.442 FG %. I actually love Trevor Ariza, He reminds me alot like T-Prince on Det.

Power Forward: Kevin Garnett vs Tim Duncan
- This is a EPIC battle downlow, This is just a wash. I wont even write about how great this matchup would be. I think we all know how this would go down.

Center: Andris Biedrins vs Marcus Camby
- Andris Biedrins is probally the most underrated Center in the League. 14.3 PPG 11.6 RPG 2.1 APG 55.1 FG % 1.5 BPG, Hes just too good. Everyone talks about how Andrew Bynum is the next up and comming Center, What about Biedrins? Marcus Camby is still very good defensively but Hes not that kind of Offensive Force. 11.2 PPG 12.3 RPG 2.1 APG 0.517 FG % 2.8 BPG, Downlow Kevin Garnett and Andris vs Marcus Camby and Tim Duncan is a perfernce of who you like more.

Bench:
We feel we have the advantage here too. With Louis Williams in we feel we dont lose a step or a beat, He puts up 12 PPG and hes a huge spark off any bench. We have a Very good Defensive Players in Kwame Brown & Ime Udoka where Kwame can come in when Biedrins needs a rest and play solid and sound defense. Robert Swift will come off the bench with alot of Energy and help at the PF position. Robert Horry is here to knock down that Bigshot at the end of the game (If we need him to) He also brings tons of expirence. Desmond Mason is the backup SF, He will fill in for when Trevor Ariza is out with his 8 PPG and 4 RPG. Louis is better then any player on their bench and thats a huge plus.

dougie5627
12-30-2008, 09:50 AM
if you have to say he has a ring so he wins the match up you lose my vote. it takes a squad to win a championship, its like saying oh i have lue he won a ring with the lakers, whats he done since, and they do not automatically become better players with a ring it aint magic dust. they are the same player with or without it but they had a good year with strong all round team

astrosmaniac
12-30-2008, 09:51 AM
wow, this is a tough one. i honestly dont know who to pick

BlondeBomber41
12-30-2008, 09:54 AM
if you have to say he has a ring so he wins the match up you lose my vote. it takes a squad to win a championship, its like saying oh i have lue he won a ring with the lakers, whats he done since, and they do not automatically become better players with a ring it aint magic dust. they are the same player with or without it but they had a good year with strong all round team

He probably lost your vote when you saw the team he was against was the 76ers.

Ph1lly Diehard
12-30-2008, 11:48 AM
Wow, this is redicuslously close. The thing that comes down to it for me is pointguard play, and this is what my thinking is.

Rajon Rondo has 3 superstars on his team in Kevin Garnett, Paul Pierce, and Ray Allen. Now, i'm not taking away anything from Rondo, but his play will definitly be decreased due to the fact that he has 1 of those players in Duncan. Jason Richardson is a good player, but he's no Paul Pierce.

Now, I look at Derrick Rose, and the players around him in real life. He has a few good players in Deng and Gordon, but nothing like Rondo has. Rose is now paired with a superstar big in Kevin Garnett and a good scorer in Crawford so he won't have to shoot as much.

Derrick Rose has been in big spots, such as the national championship. Granted, he hasn't been to an NBA finals, but that is as big as it gets too.

I'm going with the 76ers, as I think their team pulls it through in the end in a close, tough, physical matchup.

jimbobjarree
12-30-2008, 12:03 PM
Philly in probably 6/7 games

JermanJaysFan
12-30-2008, 12:12 PM
This is a matchup of two hilariously similar teams- defensive/rebounding centre, elite PF, roleplaying/defending SF, all-out scoring 2 guard, and young, all around PGs. I don't know who to take.

UofA
12-30-2008, 12:25 PM
This is a matchup of two hilariously similar teams- defensive/rebounding centre, elite PF, roleplaying/defending SF, all-out scoring 2 guard, and young, all around PGs. I don't know who to take.

very true

KnicksorBust
12-30-2008, 12:32 PM
Derrick Rose has been in big spots, such as the national championship. Granted, he hasn't been to an NBA finals, but that is as big as it gets too.

I wouldn't bring up the biggest game of his career, where he choked, as a positive. :eyebrow:

Pistons for sure. Crawford playing in his first career playoff series will single-handedly blow 2-3 games with 4-18 nights.

Durant is hype
12-30-2008, 12:48 PM
DETROIT in 6. I think I'm alone in this comment,but I think Lindsey Hunter can be a difference maker in this series.His on the ball defense is excellent he can pressure either Rose,Crawford or Lo Williams into making a turnover or just taking sometime of the clock which is huge because Philly isn't really a up tempo team.Now don't get me wrong I am not saying Lindsey Hunter will you Detroit this series,but I think the can be one of the key ingredients to help Detroit win and he provides great energy of the bench.Did anyone remember the series against Boston he forced couple of turnovers in like 2 minutes.

SensandRaps
12-30-2008, 12:54 PM
76ers in 7

DocUSN
12-30-2008, 01:06 PM
Detriot in 7 this close gotta go with the experience

Westbrook36
12-30-2008, 01:16 PM
Tough matchup for the 76ers. I hope we can pull thru all the nayers on Derrick Rose.

DocUSN
12-30-2008, 01:21 PM
Tough matchup for the 76ers. I hope we can pull thru all the nayers on Derrick Rose.

For me it didnt come down to Rose/Rondo it was a Duncan KG thing, game seven under a minute to go I'd rather have Duncan then KG.

Nexus
12-30-2008, 01:25 PM
Very interesting.

Detroit has more experience, but I do give the 76ers a slight edge on the bench. I think Crawford could average 25+ PPG in the playoffs if given the opportunity, and maybe play a little D while he's at it. I was loving Detroit's write up until "Garnett has also proven he cannot be relied on as clutch player". Still, one sentence hardly changes anything. I keep almost voting for Detroit then looking at their bench. I like Ariza to put up bigger numbers with a bigger role and play some good D. Rondo has the ring, Rose is a rookie. You know what, Philly's bench isn't amazing and I see Hunter and Anderson being slight factors. Detroit.

Westbrook36
12-30-2008, 01:32 PM
:sigh:

I expected to lose because OMFGZ! Derrick Rose is a rookie. They always tried to use it against me.

Yet I dont know many Rookie PG's who played with KG/Crawford/Ariza/Biedrins and who are putting up

17/5/6 Numbers :shrug:

Westbrook36
12-30-2008, 01:39 PM
Uh about to be down 8-12.

Anyway Nice team Agent.

MilwaukeeBAller
12-30-2008, 01:43 PM
Wow, this is so tough. I like the Pistons starters slightly more, but I really like Philly's bench. I think Philly takes it in 6.

MilwaukeeBAller
12-30-2008, 01:46 PM
btw, who is your 12th player? just curious.

Westbrook36
12-30-2008, 01:47 PM
Sun Yue.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=s1pvpnuZ_Vk

:p

MilwaukeeBAller
12-30-2008, 01:51 PM
oh. well now you lose my vote. lol.

Westbrook36
12-30-2008, 02:07 PM
oh. well now you lose my vote. lol.

Aww but hes the MVP.

:clap:

Westbrook36
12-30-2008, 02:20 PM
Could we sticky this?

:rimshot:

thesparky33
12-30-2008, 02:32 PM
When I look at these 2 teams, its pretty funny how similar they are build-wise.

But then I look again, and see that the Pistons have better players across the board against the Sixers, except for maybe Mo Pete and Ariza.

I am the biggest KG fan here probably, but I gotta vote for the Pistons.

Westbrook36
12-30-2008, 02:33 PM
I can respect that but i'd take D-Rose over Rondo and I'd take Biedrins over Camby. I might be homerish because I built the team but I feel that AB is on the level of Andrew Bynum for best Young C, The kid is 23!

MilwaukeeBAller
12-30-2008, 03:33 PM
I can respect that but i'd take D-Rose over Rondo and I'd take Biedrins over Camby. I might be homerish because I built the team but I feel that AB is on the level of Andrew Bynum for best Young C, The kid is 23!

I also take Ariza over Mo Pete, and your bench is better.

CHief_0_o_Wahoo
12-30-2008, 03:47 PM
Detroit Pistons.

thesparky33
12-30-2008, 03:50 PM
Camby is more "established" and has more experience, and is a very good player to add next to Duncan.

Biedrins really isnt a low post player, and neither is Garnett, so the tandem wouldnt work as well as it would if you had a more traditional low post center with KG... because especially now in his career, he rarely goes to the hole.

Also, I can understand arguments for Rose over Rondo, but I would just take the guy who has "been there" over the guy who is still a rookie, even though I know both are player very very well.

Catfish1314
12-30-2008, 04:21 PM
Tough series between two similar teams. I think the difference is homecourt advantage for the Pistons as well as a superior frontcourt combo. Camby's passing is a skill of his that's generally overlooked but he's actually a very good passer for a big man and for a true inside, back-you-down big man like Duncan that's welcomed.

Rondo vs. Rose is pretty much a wash IMO. Rondo's longer and has the lateral quickness to give Rose problems offensively. At the other end, Rose doesn't have as much to defend against. Richardson gets the edge over Crawford as well.

Homecourt advantage and just a few key matchups favoring the Pistons gives them the series IMO. Detroit in 7.

Joshtd1
12-30-2008, 04:53 PM
I like the Pistons here, I'd say in 6 or 7.

Westbrook36
12-30-2008, 06:20 PM
whatever I lose..

JermanJaysFan
12-30-2008, 11:43 PM
Mulled it over, I take the Pistons. Why?

1) Home court advantage
2) Duncan over Garnett, especially in grind-it-out playoff basketball

I also like Rondo over Rose, but that was not a deciding factor.

ripjhb18
12-31-2008, 12:09 AM
Pistons in 7, at home they would win such a close matchup. Sorry Westbrook

dawgsfan_45
12-31-2008, 02:15 AM
These teams are like exactly the same.

Westbrook36
12-31-2008, 03:03 AM
Great win AgentViet, Ill be pulling for you to go all the way.

AgentViet
12-31-2008, 11:41 AM
Great win AgentViet, Ill be pulling for you to go all the way.
Thanks, you had a very nice well rounded team that put up a good match.