PDA

View Full Version : NBA Redraft Playoffs: Sacramento Kings vs San Antonio Spurs - VOTE!

BlondeBomber41
12-30-2008, 09:22 AM
Sacramento has homecourt Advantage

Sacramento Kings Lineup:

C-Shaquille O'Neal/Aaron Gray/Melvin Ely
PF-Drew Gooden/Brian Skinner
SF-Ron Artest/Jarvis Hayes
SG-Dwayne Wade/Marco Bellineli/Morris Almond
PG-Delonte West/Bobby Jackson

San Antonio Spurs Lineup:

PG: Kirk Hinrich/George Hill
SG: Brandon Roy/Quinton Ross/Diawara
SF: Travis Outlaw/Walter Hermann/Jared Jeffries
PF: Elton Brand/Nick Collison/Jared Jeffries
C: Darko Milicic/Etan Thomas

Sacramento Kings Writeup:

2 Sacramento Kings vs. 7 San Antonio Spurs

Sizing up the starting 5s, this would obviously be a brutal, grind-it-out Eastern Conference style game between two halfcourt oriented teams.

C-Shaquille O'Neal vs. Nick Collison: Collison is a wide-framed, solid interior player. But Shaq, even in older age is still very effective in the minutes he plays. In 28-30 minutes a game, he's good for 16 points and 8 rebounds and he'd get that easily against the Spurs smaller frontcourt. This is a pivotal matchup in the series and one that works to our favor.
Edge: Kings

PF-Drew Gooden vs. Elton Brand: Brand is a stud at both ends, no doubt. But Gooden is no slouch either. He's more of a finesse player than a brusier like Brand but an excellent offensive rebounder with a solid midrange game. Regardless, Brand would have the advantage in this series but Gooden would give him some problems on the defensive end. Shaq would spend more time defending Brand than Gooden would in this series anyway.
Edge: Spurs

SF-Ron Artest vs. Travis Outlaw: Artest has the edge in just about every facet of the game over Outlaw, other than athleticism. Artest would give a stringy Outlaw plenty of trouble in the post and he's far more offensively oriented than Outlaw is. This definitely works to our advantage.

SG-Dwayne Wade vs. Brandon Roy: ARTEST WILL GUARD ROY. On the offensive end, Wade is a superstar and he'll run wild on anyone the Spurs stick to him. Hinrich is a solid defender but Wade has a major athletic advantage in that matchup and would likely dominate him just as easily. Roy will have problems in this series, hounded by Ron Artest and Dwayne Wade, who has emerged as a great team defender. With Artest keeping Roy to his season numbers or less and Wade running wild on whoever is stuck to him, this matchup is ours for sure.

PG-Delonte West vs. Kirk Hinrich: Two shooters. Hinrich is the better playmaker but neither of these guys are offensive studs. They'll each get their own against the other.
Edge: Even

Kings bench vs. Spurs bench: Neither bench is really noteworthy and it's the starting lineups that will determine the outcome of this series. And in that case, that works to our advantage.

I would say the Kings take this series in 5-6 games. The Spurs are very solid, but Dwayne Wade is the difference maker. He's having an amazing season and is the superstar who would carry this team to victory if needed. Our defense built around Wade, Artest, and Shaq would be hard to put up points on.

San Antonio Spurs Writeup:

We feel we matchup very nicely against the Kings, and that our teams are pretty similar.

Hinrich vs West: Advantage Spurs- We feel we have the advantage here. West is a good player and can definately score, but Hinrich is a good defender, and can limit his effectiveness. Also Hinrich is more of a pure PG and can run the offense better then West can. Not to mention Hinrich isnt exactly a slouch on offense either, and is will be great in the pick and roll game with Brand.

Roy vs Wade: Wade is a monster no doubt and will get his, but we have a star in Roy who will light it up, and who of course is a great playmaker for the other guys.

Outlaw vs Artest: Artest is the better player here, which is fine....however he has known to been a ballstopper and ruin the chemistry on the court at times, because of the way he likes to play a lot of 1 on 1, and pound the ball. We also feel that Outlaw and his length/athleticism and quickness can atleast slow him down a little bit. At times we will also have Outlaw cover Wade as well. Im sure they will have Artest guarding Roy, so that means Wade will have to cover Outlaw. If thats what happens, Outlaw will have a huge height advantage, and will make Wade play some defense by posting him up.

Brand vs Gooden: We have the obvious advantage here. Brand is superior to gooden in every aspect of the game. Scoring, blocking, rebounding, and defense. Not only do we feel that Brand would dominate Gooden on offense, but we feel he would do a great job on Gooden on defense.

Darko vs Shaq: We feel confident enough in Darko's defense that we and that we will let him guard Shaq 1 on 1, and have everyone else cover the perimeter players so there will be less open shots, since Shaq certainly isnt the player he was once before. Sure Shaq can still score, but Darko is a very good defensive player, and will no doubt make Shaq work for his points.

Spurs bench vs Kings bench: Their bench has more offensive players, but our bench has alot more defensive players. We feel that when our bench comes in, they would do a great job in limiting the other teams bench from scoring. Personally I think this is a wash here.

BLOMETSFAN
12-30-2008, 09:39 AM
Gotta give the edge to the Kings with Big Shaq and D-Wade running the show! Artest is a stud and provides a solid presence on D.

jimbobjarree
12-30-2008, 11:38 AM
Sac easy, 4-1 or maybe a sweep

Ph1lly Diehard
12-30-2008, 11:51 AM
Gotta give it to the Kings here.

The big difference is Shaq. I could see Shaq getting a 30-20 game on Darko and just completely taking him to school here. It's a shame that the Spurs best player is at the SG position in Brandon Roy, because the Kings just counter back with Dwayne Wade.

The chemistry between Wade and Shaq will be their too, and there complimentry players as so you would call them but their really not, are far superior to the Spurs.

Durant is hype
12-30-2008, 12:52 PM
SAC Town in 5.

SensandRaps
12-30-2008, 12:55 PM
kings in 6

DocUSN
12-30-2008, 01:09 PM
Sac wins thier first roun match up pretty easily. 5 maybe a sweep...

superkegger
12-30-2008, 01:24 PM
I actually like the Spurs here....:shrug: I think they're pretty evenly matched and I like the spurs bench better, especially in the froncourt...

_Sn1P3r_
12-30-2008, 01:34 PM
I like Sacramento here. There's a good balance of offense and defense on that team and Shaq would just rape Darko.

RocketsRule
12-30-2008, 01:46 PM
This isn't as close as I thought it would be... Oh well :D

Joshtd1
12-30-2008, 04:43 PM
Well looks like Im done. Good job guys, good luck next round.

laker1000
12-30-2008, 04:51 PM
sacramento in 6.

MilwaukeeBAller
12-30-2008, 04:53 PM
sorry josh, but i gotta go with the Kings even though I'd hate to face them next round if we win.

Joshtd1
12-30-2008, 04:56 PM
This isn't as close as I thought it would be... Oh well :D

Yea I thought it would be closer:(

Catfish1314
12-30-2008, 06:49 PM
Well looks like Im done. Good job guys, good luck next round.

Thanks. You put together a pretty good team, not so different from ours. I thought it would be closer.

thesparky33
12-30-2008, 07:11 PM
I think it would be pretty close. I'm actually pretty undecided on who wins. I could see either team winning in 6 games.

I think I gotta go with the Spurs though. I'm not saying that because theyre the underdog or anything, I just have a feeling that they'd win.

I think Brand in the front court has a big thing to do with it. I dont know how much Shaq has to offer, especially in the playoffs after a full season. I say after a full season, because I'd imagine that he'd have to play the full season in order for the Kings to get that #2 seed, so he'd be fatigued as hell.

It would be close either way, but I just think the Spurs would prevail, probably in 7 games.

BlondeBomber41
12-31-2008, 12:11 AM
Wow, Im shocked this isnt a close series. Both teams are real close.

Catfish1314
12-31-2008, 12:30 AM
Yeah I was surprised too. I still thought we would win but I was thinking like 6-10 votes, not 25. But hey, I'll take it. :)

Looks like more people are appreciating what Shaq is doing this season.

RocketsRule
12-31-2008, 12:52 AM
Yeah I was surprised too. I still thought we would win but I was thinking like 6-10 votes, not 25. But hey, I'll take it. :)

Looks like more people are appreciating what Shaq is doing this season.

Or it could just be D-Wade...

td0tsfinest
12-31-2008, 01:32 AM
both have an awful bench but Wade,Shaq, Artest can't go wrong with that.

Kings Faithful
12-31-2008, 01:54 AM
What the hell is shaq doing on the Kings. I wouldn't have picked him for my re-draft team if he and greg ostertag were the only two players left. Yes, this is total personal bias.

sportsnutzz
12-31-2008, 03:13 AM
What the hell is shaq doing on the Kings. I wouldn't have picked him for my re-draft team if he and greg ostertag were the only two players left. Yes, this is total personal bias.

HAHA! :cheers: