PDA

View Full Version : Probe links Alexei Cherepanov to blood doping

boms-4
12-30-2008, 04:34 AM
Russian investigators have concluded that Alexei Cherepanov had engaged in blood doping.

The investigators are basing their findings on urine and blood samples. The investigation concluded that Cherepanov had been blood doping for several months, but they didn't provide many details beyond that. Cherepanov tragically passed away after he collapsed while on the bench for Omsk club Avangard during a KHL game on October 13th. In his final year, Cherepanov had been suffering from a condition where not enough blood gets to the heart called myocarditis. With that condition he reportedly should have not been playing hockey. It is possible that the club's medical team could be legally liable in this case. The doctors arrived 12 minutes after Cherepanov had collapsed and the battery on the defibrillator used to attempt to bring Cherepanov's heart back was

roto

SLY WILLIAMS
12-30-2008, 10:07 AM
While I find the headlines alarming I'm not sure we can always trust everything coming out of Russia at face value. Cherpy is not alive to defend himself so I'm just going to view this as an allegation not a fact.