PDA

View Full Version : Nets are 5-12 at home, and 10-4 on the road

JordansBulls
12-30-2008, 01:30 AM
Have you ever seen anything like that before? How could a team be that much better on the road than at home? The below is how it usually is.

Portland is 11-3 at home and 8-9 on the road.

Utah is 12-4 at home and 7-10 on the road.

Memphis is 8-8 at home and 2-13 on the road.

The Bucks are 8-5 at home, 6-12 on the road.

The Hawks are 14-2 at home, 6-8 on the road.

The Heat are 10-5 at home and 6-8 on the road.

The Bulls are 10-3 at home and 4-14 on the road.

theuuord
12-30-2008, 01:46 AM
It is the first time in NBA history that a team is 5 games over .500 on the road and five games under .500 at home simultaneously at any point in the season, by any team, ever.

Durant is hype
12-30-2008, 01:47 AM
There Home arena is empty and there fans are quiet.

J$mo0th_3o5
12-30-2008, 01:49 AM
There Home arena is empty and there fans are quiet.

Yeah for real every time I see them play at home it's really empty and quiet.

mets_believer
12-30-2008, 01:56 AM
I live five minutes from the "IZOD Center" and well its more than quiet. They filter in noise so you cant hear the person across the arena talking to the person sitting next to em. Its rather sad actually. Devils, Nets don't get any respect around here. Of course the Devils should be getting more anyways ( which they are ) but still not enough that a franchise like them should be seeing!

J$mo0th_3o5
12-30-2008, 02:21 AM
I live five minutes from the "IZOD Center" and well its more than quiet. They filter in noise so you cant hear the person across the arena talking to the person sitting next to em. Its rather sad actually. Devils, Nets don't get any respect around here. Of course the Devils should be getting more anyways ( which they are ) but still not enough that a franchise like them should be seeing!

:laugh2:

Durant is hype
12-30-2008, 02:32 AM
Maybe the change to Brooklyn would help them pickup more home victories thus making them a solid team thus getting Lebron James :rolleyes:

mets_believer
12-30-2008, 02:37 AM
They have a very well rounded team, but come on would you want to play infront of a 1000 fans every time you play at home? It's ridiculous . lol The Nets are always on the road.

#1Mavericksfan
12-30-2008, 03:07 AM
Have you ever seen anything like that before? How could a team be that much better on the road than at home? The below is how it usually is.

you forgot about the Mavericks, there 8-6 at home and 10-6 on the road.

JordansBulls
12-30-2008, 09:37 AM
you forgot about the Mavericks, there 8-6 at home and 10-6 on the road.

But they aren't bad at home. They are over .500 at home and the road. Nets are wayy over .500 on the road and below .500 at home.

Drtino
12-30-2008, 11:27 AM
Kinda hard to explain... I think the fans had seen the best from the Nets at home and the fact that they only play well one half, but coming on the third and fourth quarter even if we're only 2 to 4 points behind, can't seem to keep the score ahead, not even the crowd is able to get in the momentum - because when we're ahead the scoring gap gets to be short lived, then they start missing their shots and not able to buy a bucket consistently.

Even our defense can't build the offense, extremely odd.

JordansBulls
12-30-2008, 11:44 AM
Kinda hard to explain... I think the fans had seen the best from the Nets at home and the fact that they only play well one half, but coming on the third and fourth quarter even if we're only 2 to 4 points behind, can't seem to keep the score ahead, not even the crowd is able to get in the momentum - because when we're ahead the scoring gap gets to be short lived, then they start missing their shots and not able to buy a bucket consistently.

Even our defense can't build the offense, extremely odd.

It's weird to have a backcourt that does all of the work for the team as well and produces mostly all of the scoring.

ee
12-30-2008, 02:30 PM
I live five minutes from the "IZOD Center" and well its more than quiet. They filter in noise so you cant hear the person across the arena talking to the person sitting next to em. Its rather sad actually. Devils, Nets don't get any respect around here. Of course the Devils should be getting more anyways ( which they are ) but still not enough that a franchise like them should be seeing!Just to drive there is enough.....I used to work near meadowlands and I hate going there.....The arena is right in the middle of no where, that's why they call it the swamp.....If they would've played in Newark, the city has more basketball athmosphere than the swamp.....Plus it's a poorly managed arena, parking alone sucks, no class whatsoever.....I know I live in Washington now, been to Key arena whenever the Nets played the Sonics before and it's so much nicer.....

Only time the building gets filled is when players like Kobe or Lebron shows up.....The first game I went to was back in 98 against the Heat with Zo, and it's been the same way eversince...

KB24PG16
12-30-2008, 02:57 PM
i dont blame the nets i wouldnt want to play in new jersey ethier they dont have good crowds. theyll be good when they move brooklyn

njnets
12-30-2008, 03:04 PM
lol when i heard this stat last night. they need to step it up at home. the difference between home and away records and how its not the norm is really weird.

NYMetros
12-30-2008, 03:07 PM
Great stat. No idea why they are that bad at home.

kswissdaf
12-30-2008, 03:20 PM
they probably have a much harder home schedule

J-N-M-ETS4LYF
12-30-2008, 03:34 PM

I don't think thats the case at all. As a nets fan I can tell you that they have lost to a handful of teams that they should have easily beaten at home.

It's crazy.. they had a home-home back to back set with the bobcats and they lost at home but beat them on the road... they ha a similar thing with the raps ..i think one game was in between they're mathcups but the played liek two games within a week against the raptors and beat them on the road and lost at home.. just weird..

It mite be the fact that when you play at home a lot of the attention is focused on you.. much more pressure in in your direction... you have somewhat of an advantage and ppl notice that so they expect things from you.. the nets Being a young team might be affected by the pressure.. although jersey doesn't have any sell out crowds.. but it could be that very reason.. On the road as a young team.. not much is expected from u.. they might play a little better and more free on the road.. don't know just a thought..

ee
12-30-2008, 09:52 PM

hell no, we gave the wizards their first road win, they came in with a 2-12 record.....

Out of the 12 loses at home, only 5 of those teams are in the playoff picture....

MrBloop
12-30-2008, 10:04 PM

I wouldn't read into it that much, their gonna start losing on the road very soon.

Raps18-19 Champ
12-30-2008, 11:16 PM

:shrug: Maybe the players dont like NJ so they dont try as much

Raps18-19 Champ
12-30-2008, 11:17 PM
Now we know the Nets weakness

give them HCA in the playoffs

Raps18-19 Champ
12-30-2008, 11:18 PM
I don't think thats the case at all. As a nets fan I can tell you that they have lost to a handful of teams that they should have easily beaten at home.

It's crazy.. they had a home-home back to back set with the bobcats and they lost at home but beat them on the road... they ha a similar thing with the raps ..i think one game was in between they're mathcups but the played liek two games within a week against the raptors and beat them on the road and lost at home.. just weird..

It mite be the fact that when you play at home a lot of the attention is focused on you.. much more pressure in in your direction... you have somewhat of an advantage and ppl notice that so they expect things from you.. the nets Being a young team might be affected by the pressure.. although jersey doesn't have any sell out crowds.. but it could be that very reason.. On the road as a young team.. not much is expected from u.. they might play a little better and more free on the road.. don't know just a thought..

Lol its cuz Carter feeds off the boos

jkiddvc20
12-31-2008, 08:17 AM
Lol its cuz Carter feeds off the boos

Or maybe the Nets are better than the Raptors?

oshea225
12-31-2008, 03:41 PM
i hate going to the izod center, its an embrassment to north jersey. it has to be one of the worst five arenas in the nba