PDA

View Full Version : Celtics, Lakers and Cavs, which team would be the toughest to beat with HCA this year

JordansBulls
12-30-2008, 01:20 AM
Celtics, Lakers and Cavs, which team would be the toughest to beat in a series with HCA this year?

Celtics and Lakers have only 1 home loss and the Cavs have none.

LA412
12-30-2008, 02:40 AM
As much as I hate to say it........I have to go with the champs

innovator
12-30-2008, 02:46 AM
As much as I hate to say it........I have to go with the champs

i went with the lakers too :p

TheLogical
12-30-2008, 02:48 AM
Cavs, when you saw them against the virtually same Celtics last year they won every home game. They have only gotten better, and the C's are virtually the same. I don't know about the Lakers though, because the Celtics finally won an away game against them.

The Cavaliers probably would have won the series, if they had homecourt.

CHief_0_o_Wahoo
12-30-2008, 02:48 AM
All of them would be extremely tough, but I think Cavaliers.

SteveNash
12-30-2008, 03:10 AM
HCA is overrated, Celtics are the best team making them toughest to beat with HCA.

LakerzDQ
12-30-2008, 07:39 AM
HCA is overrated, Celtics are the best team making them toughest to beat with HCA.

nah. In the playoffs? Finals? hell no.
home games are SO much easier to win than road games

Buckwheat
12-30-2008, 07:41 AM
I was a homer since I think it's a really odd question. Tough to compare.

JordansBulls
12-30-2008, 11:17 AM

No it is not. HCA is essential in the playoffs and in the finals. Playing a team as good as you are with the HCA makes all the difference in the world. Even if you lose a game at home in the series, you can come back and get one on the road. But if you don't have the HCA and you lose a game at home then you need to win 2 on the road which is damn hard to do against a team just as good as you are.

Drtino
12-30-2008, 11:31 AM
HCA is important of course, you have the crowd workind with you and giving you more motivation to win(it doesn't work for the Nets though:rolleyes:)

But, I'll have to say Cleveland.
Lebron seems like he really wants it this year.

lakerboy
12-30-2008, 11:39 AM
As much as I hate to admit it too (yeah like the other LA fan in here), I think it's Boston. Lakers have never beaten them in their homecourt, and they only lost once in there last year. IMO LBJ has a lot to prove this year.

Kiss Ma Grits
12-30-2008, 11:40 AM
The lakers? LMAO yeah right.

I have to say Boston with Cleveland in a very close second. Correct me if I'm wrong but didn't Boston embarrass the Lakers in L.A. during the finals?

Kiss Ma Grits
12-30-2008, 11:46 AM
As much as I hate to admit it too (yeah like the other LA fan in here), I think it's Boston. Lakers have never beaten them in their homecourt, and they only lost once in there last year. IMO LBJ has a lot to prove this year.

Lebron has alot to prove???

KOBE has to prove to me that he can win a championship WITHOUT Shaq because if he doesn't EVERYONE who is not a laker fan will say "Kobe needed Shaq to win one and that's the only reason he has won a championship" regardless of how Laker fans feel. You heard those same echo's after the finals.....even Shaq himself had to point it out ha ha.

JordansBulls
12-30-2008, 11:52 AM

KOBE has to prove to me that he can win a championship WITHOUT Shaq because if he doesn't EVERYONE who is not a laker fan will say "Kobe needed Shaq to win one and that's the only reason he has won a championship" regardless of how Laker fans feel. You heard those same echo's after the finals.....even Shaq himself had to point it out ha ha.

Back on topic buddy. We are not going down that route in this thread.

SouljahPhil...
12-30-2008, 11:54 AM

blahblahblah.....:(:(:(:(

SouljahPhil...
12-30-2008, 11:56 AM
I'll go with the C's on this..their the champs and they haven't lose a game in their home court last year...

Kiss Ma Grits
12-30-2008, 12:01 PM
Back on topic buddy. We are not going down that route in this thread.

I am but saying "Lebron has alot to prove" in a thread not about Lebron is kinda baiting isn't it? What, did he expect a Cavs fan not to reply with an attack on Kobe?

leftymo
12-30-2008, 01:19 PM
Tough one to predict. Cleveland hasn't played anyone, and both Boston/LA have lost to decent teams at home (Denver/Detroit).

I would say Boston would be the toughest to beat with homecourt. That's why its imperative that Cleveland gets homecourt over them.

Lakers could get homecourt and still lose the finals, b/c staples center isn't usually a place that gets loud and crazy.

But hands down LA has the most talent in the league by far. More than Cleveland, more than Boston.

NYMetros
12-30-2008, 01:30 PM
I'll go with the Celtics. They were dominant at home in the playoffs last year and that place can get so loud. And to the people who said HCA isn't important, then why do so many teams fight for it during the regular season? Why don't they just tank it in once they guarantee themselves a playoff spot? At home, the refs give you more calls, the crowd is rooting you on, and it's just simply easier.

x_notorious
12-30-2008, 02:23 PM
Celtics.

PHX-SOXFAN
12-30-2008, 02:41 PM

exactly. I'd go with the best team as well, the celtics.

JordansBulls
12-30-2008, 04:08 PM
exactly. I'd go with the best team as well, the celtics.

How is HCA overrated? When you have the same seed/higher seed and/or same record or better record you should win the series. Why shouldn't you?

PHX-SOXFAN
12-30-2008, 04:15 PM
How is HCA overrated? When you have the same seed/higher seed and/or same record or better record you should win the series. Why shouldn't you?

I was just referring to the best team winning. in this case that team has shown in can play on the road, and blow teams out on the road. But the spurs would argue that HCA is overrated. they've done it several times without HCA. champions overcome.

JordansBulls
12-30-2008, 04:39 PM
I was just referring to the best team winning. in this case that team has shown in can play on the road, and blow teams out on the road. But the spurs would argue that HCA is overrated. they've done it several times without HCA. champions overcome.

The Spurs for their first two titles had HCA. Lakers for their first title had HCA.

Most teams need that HCA to overcome things. Once you become a champion it isn't as important.

superkegger
12-30-2008, 04:44 PM
Well, I'm going to go down a somewhat dangerous road, because I don't think it's too far fetched to say the Cavs would have taken down that series vs the Celtics last year had they had homecourt advantage, and they look even better thus far this year at home. :shrug: Right now, I've got to say the Cavs.

The Answer3
12-30-2008, 04:55 PM

Well, it isn't overrated but it's not necessary for a team to do well in the playoffs with HCA. Hakeem and Clyde led the Rockets to a championship as the 6th seed. So it really depends. Various factors.

JordansBulls
01-02-2009, 12:05 AM
Well, it isn't overrated but it's not necessary for a team to do well in the playoffs with HCA. Hakeem and Clyde led the Rockets to a championship as the 6th seed. So it really depends. Various factors.

Of course it isn't necessary but most teams and players that have won titles needed the HCA first.

lakers4sho
01-02-2009, 12:13 AM
Of course HCA is important especially if one of your players shoots more FTs than the other team combined.

cHi8DaL5LA420
01-02-2009, 12:28 AM
ill tell you what any of these teams would be extremely tough to play at home and def tough to win there im going with the lakers though

G-Funk
01-02-2009, 01:34 AM
All 3 of them!

SteveNash
01-02-2009, 01:36 AM
No it is not. HCA is essential in the playoffs and in the finals. Playing a team as good as you are with the HCA makes all the difference in the world. Even if you lose a game at home in the series, you can come back and get one on the road. But if you don't have the HCA and you lose a game at home then you need to win 2 on the road which is damn hard to do against a team just as good as you are.

Teams are not usually evenly matched. Usually HCA is just used as an excuse by the loser because they couldn't accept the fact that they lost to a better team.

Your best shot at stealing a game is game 1 which hurts the HCA team.

I would say that HCA does matter to the younger, more inexperienced teams, but those aren't going to be the though teams that end up winning championships.

JordansBulls
01-05-2009, 04:22 PM
Teams are not usually evenly matched. Usually HCA is just used as an excuse by the loser because they couldn't accept the fact that they lost to a better team.

Your best shot at stealing a game is game 1 which hurts the HCA team.

I would say that HCA does matter to the younger, more inexperienced teams, but those aren't going to be the though teams that end up winning championships.

If two teams are top seeds in there respective conference and they both breeze through the playoffs when they meet, then it may not be as much as a big deal. However, considering everything, the team with the better record and the HCA is supposedly the better team it just depends on if they can show why they were the better time when it matters.

Teeboy1487
01-05-2009, 04:32 PM
I think the cavs are the utah jazz from last year, but a good will beat them on their floor so I say boston.