PDA

View Full Version : Anyone remember Carmelo's comments about Kevin Garnett a few years back?

JordansBulls
12-30-2008, 12:20 AM
Anyone remember Carmelo's comments about Kevin Garnett a few years back?

I remember seeing something where Melo made a comment on how he wouldn't be like Garnett and take 10 years to make it out of the 1st round. Now I am not sure if it was in an article or if it was an interview, but I clearly remember something like that. Does anyone else remember that?

Chronz
12-30-2008, 12:48 AM
If he did hes a moron, it takes more than 1 player to get out the first round, I thought Kobe proved that for most people that consider him as the games best player shouldnt it click that if the games best player couldnt do it, isnt there more to it?

lakers4sho
12-30-2008, 12:50 AM
If he did hes a moron, it takes more than 1 player to get out the first round, I thought Kobe proved that for most people that consider him as the games best player shouldnt it click that if the games best player couldnt do it, isnt there more to it?

Agree.

I wonder when Melo made the comment. When he was still a rook? And what made him say that?

DODGERS&LAKERS
12-30-2008, 01:14 AM
KG probably was trash talking to Melo and Melo had that in his head when he made those comments. It was probably just to trash talk back at KG.

JJ81
12-30-2008, 01:43 AM
Haha funny comments. Melo's already been out of the first round so he doesnt have to worry about becoming KG... who has a ring...

NYMetros
12-30-2008, 01:47 AM
Melo's right. He won't be like Garnett... because he never will get a ring like how Garnett did. :p

But really, I don't remember this. If he did say it I'm sure he regrets it now.

DODGERS&LAKERS
12-30-2008, 01:48 AM
Haha funny comments. Melo's already been out of the first round so he doesnt have to worry about becoming KG... who has a ring...

Uh.... no he has not.

innovator
12-30-2008, 02:14 AM

Lebron 2 years ago made the finals.

innovator
12-30-2008, 02:16 AM
Melo's right. He won't be like Garnett... because he never will get a ring like how Garnett did. :p

But really, I don't remember this. If he did say it I'm sure he regrets it now.

yeah he wont be like garnett cuz he wont get the opportunity to play with 2 future hall of famers.

and melo is talking about getting out of the 1st round not winning the championship.

More-Than-Most
12-30-2008, 02:36 AM
He didnt say it in a smartass way. Here I looked for the article.

Here is the link-

http://www.hoopsworld.com/Story.asp?story_id=10199

Here is what it says-The fact Anthony hasn't gotten out of the first round of the playoffs yet is a hot topic in many NBA circles, and Anthony knows it. As your friendly neighborhood columnist was asking a question about how long it took Kevin Garnett to get out of the first round for the first time, Melo
interjected with a big smile: "I don't think it will take me that long to win a first round series. It won't take me 10 years."

innovator
12-30-2008, 02:45 AM
^seee melo didnt talk about winning a championship, he talked about getting out of the first round so people needs to stop saying that melo wont win a championship like garnett

The Answer3
12-30-2008, 10:33 AM

Melo's a 2nd round virgin.

Rome
12-30-2008, 10:36 AM
It won't take Melo that long. Nothing wrong with those comments.

Faneik
12-30-2008, 10:47 AM

Fail!

JordansBulls
12-30-2008, 11:39 AM

Very true, but then again playing the Wizards without Butler and Jamison and then playing the Nets who hadn't done much together with the trio of Kidd, Vince and RJ doesn't hold much weight.
I give him the Pistons but even so that was probably the weakest Pistons team to make the conference finals. I firmly believe that had my bulls won that last game of the season against the nets and we played the wizards then we would have been at least the conference finals as well.
Cleveland would have gotten Miami and they could never beat them. I wanted to see a Wade vs Lebron matchup that year badly.

Drtino
12-30-2008, 11:52 AM
I doubt it the bulls didn't have a team and Cleveland was a better team than the Nets, Wizards and Pistons...

Pistons gave him the time for his money, he went off to score past 30 points mostly and average career highs on other contriibuting factors.

They deserved to play the Spurs, but they just didn't have the experience like the Spurs did, the passion for the game could only take Lebron so far, he needed more consistent players on his roster

superkegger
12-30-2008, 04:38 PM
Sniff, sniff. Yep, I smell Melo hate.

RaidLakeDodgers
12-30-2008, 04:58 PM
Stupid comments, melo 's a scrub .
hope he never makes it out of rd 1 with his purse swinging *** ( what he looks like when he's throwing a punch then runs)LOL
---***** made punk.

D-Amazins
12-30-2008, 05:25 PM
Very true, but then again playing the Wizards without Butler and Jamison and then playing the Nets who hadn't done much together with the trio of Kidd, Vince and RJ doesn't hold much weight.
I give him the Pistons but even so that was probably the weakest Pistons team to make the conference finals. I firmly believe that had my bulls won that last game of the season against the nets and we played the wizards then we would have been at least the conference finals as well.
Cleveland would have gotten Miami and they could never beat them. I wanted to see a Wade vs Lebron matchup that year badly.

Doesn't take away the fact that they were still a top top top team and at the time were the best in the East.

Chronz
12-30-2008, 09:23 PM
So did Boobie Gibson and the rest of the Cavs

Iodine
12-30-2008, 09:25 PM
This is so amazingly relevent

superkegger
12-30-2008, 09:28 PM
This is so amazingly relevent

no its not. :confused::confused:

Iodine
12-30-2008, 09:31 PM
no its not. :confused::confused:

I take it you want beef sir.

Well its on

superkegger
12-30-2008, 09:33 PM
I take it you want beef sir.

Well its on

I don't eat red meat. I'll have pork or chicken if you have it. Turkey is acceptable too. But no dark meat.

Iodine
12-30-2008, 09:34 PM
Racist mother****er