PDA

View Full Version : <Devils v Blues 12/30>

Sportscenterman
12-29-2008, 04:07 PM
The devils are coming back off a rebound win against the New York Rangers after two shutout losses to the Bruins and Penguins to play a Blues team on the road that is struggling and in last place of the Western Conference.

The big story to this game for the New Jersey Devils will be the return of the respected former teammate Cam Janssen.

It looks as if Bryce Salvador may be back for this game for the New Jersey Devils to play his former team as the other piece in the Cam Janssen trade. Salvador has missed the past five games from what was originally called an upper body injury and found to be an inner ear infection.

Brian Rolston seems to have found his stroke lately since coming off his injury. With Brian's heavy slapshot he can be a dangerous weapon for the Devils especially on the powerplay and with Brian healthy the Devils have yet another great weapon in their repertoire.

Bricklayer
12-29-2008, 08:04 PM
Great point about Rolston, if he gets back to 30 goal form this team will be hard to beat. That being said I think we could really use a puck moving defensemen, maybe Lou will have his eye on Eric Brewer tonight?

Sportscenterman
12-30-2008, 12:06 AM
There is that possibility that Lou will be looking for another pice such as Brewer but if we know anything about Lou's past he isn't the man to make many trades and seems to stick with the "if it ain't broken don't fix it" mantra. To be honest I believe with the athletic ability of Martin, Oduya who has really come onto his game since last season and even Andy Greene who has shown what can do especially before his broken hand at the beggining of the season. Does anybody believe we really do need to add another piece to the puzzle? Our team seams to be strong all around for once and built for the long haul. Coming through that long injury period as a team intact in the division I believe we know our team can hold strong in tough times.

JetsYanksDevils
12-31-2008, 10:15 AM
Parise is the man. Devils are looking really good guys who would have thought we would be this good w/out MArty i no i didnt.

JetsYanksDevils
12-31-2008, 10:19 AM
Also on Defense Brice Salvador has played really good sportcenterman. but what i think really elevated this team is Zajac stepping up and looking good and Zubrus has played rreally well too. Also are lines 3 and 4 are both very physical but could score i like the depht and i just like how the lines are set up. who would of thought rolston would play with holik and clarkson and right now its working

Sportscenterman
12-31-2008, 03:31 PM
zubrus really brought the team down last year with poor play. With a comfortable zajac playing well and rolston back we have 4 strong lines that are hard to beat even without our future hall of fame goalie. Our "no name" defensemen are often frgotten. Salvador was a great trade last year and resign this year. Along with martin he has looked real strong. Oduya has been amazing even ofrensivelly. Clemmer is going to be forgotten but is playing as one f the best goalies in the league at this time.

Bricklayer
12-31-2008, 03:47 PM
As of this morning the were only 3 guys in the league with more points then Zach.

Malkin
Crosby
Ovechkin

Pretty good company if you ask me.

Sportscenterman
12-31-2008, 04:55 PM
zach is in good company and a 100 point season is within reason. He would be the first devil to do so. Elias once scored 96 points the clsest to 100.