PDA

View Full Version : Options

The Prodigy
12-29-2008, 02:33 PM
I was wondering about star players and where theyre better suited on a team as a 1st 2nd or 3rd option on a Championship calibur team. Players like Danny Granger(my second favorite player) better suited as a second option behind Tim duncan or is he a first option no matter what. What do you guys think and feel free to discuss other players too.

MiamiHeat
12-29-2008, 02:35 PM
Danny Granger would be a great 2nd option
I don't see him as a 1st option on a championship calibur team

VCaintdead17
12-29-2008, 06:13 PM
As of now, Danny Granger would be an ideal second option. But in a couple years he will be one of the leagues top scorers and a premier first option

superkegger
12-29-2008, 06:18 PM
They're are 30 teams in the NBA, and I honestly don't believe they're are 30 "1st options" in the NBA.

DerekRE_3
12-29-2008, 07:28 PM
They're are 30 teams in the NBA, and I honestly don't believe they're are 30 "1st options" in the NBA.

Yep, you're right, that's one reason why there aren't 30 good teams.

SensandRaps
12-29-2008, 07:32 PM

thats cuz some teams have more than 1 "1st options". example (Boston Celltics) "Pierce and Garnett"

Hawkeye15
12-29-2008, 08:41 PM
thats cuz some teams have more than 1 "1st options". example (Boston Celltics) "Pierce and Garnett"

KG, as much as I love him, is not a first option. Even when he had talent around him in Minny, he failed. That dude missed more shots at the buzzer than anyone. He is the ULTIMATE second banana. That is probably the first negative thing I have ever said about him.

JordansBulls
12-29-2008, 08:47 PM
Granger is better suited as playing a 2nd role like someone like Pippen or Gasol or someone of that nature. I even think someone like Melo is better as a secondary player as well.
There aren't many wing players that would be good as 1st options.

Chronz
12-29-2008, 09:21 PM
Granger is still Granger, what he produces in the amount of possessions he uses is all that matters. He CAN be the 1st option on a championship team, but that hardly makes him any better of a player. The fact that Indiana is struggling shouldnt take away from Granger, hes reminding me of a young poor mans Tmac and the kid is for real. Give him some talent before judging his worth as a player/leader. But toss out the whole 1st option, 2nd bannana BS out the window. Kobe was a 1st option level player when he was playing behind Shaq. Does that mean every 1st option was a better player than Kobe or where exactly do you draw the line. A 3rd option player could be better than the 1st option on another team possibly even his own, its just a matter of how you impact the game.

The Prodigy
12-29-2008, 09:46 PM
Granger is still Granger, what he produces in the amount of possessions he uses is all that matters. He CAN be the 1st option on a championship team, but that hardly makes him any better of a player. The fact that Indiana is struggling shouldnt take away from Granger, hes reminding me of a young poor mans Tmac and the kid is for real. Give him some talent before judging his worth as a player/leader. But toss out the whole 1st option, 2nd bannana BS out the window. Kobe was a 1st option level player when he was playing behind Shaq. Does that mean every 1st option was a better player than Kobe or where exactly do you draw the line. A 3rd option player could be better than the 1st option on another team possibly even his own, its just a matter of how you impact the game.

I also think that Granger is a first option even if he was on a team with amare, dirk, duncan or kevin garnett. Not saying he is better than all those players but it is arguable. How bout rudy gay, is he a first option or kevin durant

BkOriginalOne
12-29-2008, 09:51 PM
Granger is better suited as playing a 2nd role like someone like Pippen or Gasol or someone of that nature. I even think someone like Melo is better as a secondary player as well.
There aren't many wing players that would be good as 1st options.

Melo can be a first option, he is right now, and the nuggets are playing fine.
an slight upgrade at the sg position and another backup C and the nuggets would like nice with melo at the 3.

As for wing players being 1st options, I submit, Lebron, Pierce, tmac (when he plays the 3) Durant, (when he moves to the 3).. Ginoboli can also be a 1st option, more of a complimentary piece though.. (hmm.. I wonder what his numbers would be if he was the 1st option or played in a more uptemp system) and thats about it.

The Prodigy
12-30-2008, 12:45 AM
wat about players like durant, gay and kevin martin

dre1990
12-30-2008, 12:52 AM
As of now, Danny Granger would be an ideal second option. But in a couple years he will be one of the leagues top scorers and a premier first option

AGgred