PDA

View Full Version : why do you care?

B2theRY
12-29-2008, 01:19 AM
I sit and wonder why leafs fans care so much if we win games this year? I want them to pull a detroit lions and lost every game.

I hate when they win games
i hate when wilson tries to win games.. id play cujo every single game this season.. i'd trade Vesa.

I'd pack vesa off in any sorta of trade
id trade anyone and everyone.

I do however like Antropov.
and I think kaberle should be dealt because you could max his value but i dont think he will be dealt.

but it comes down to the question of the day..

WHY.. in gods name do leafs fans want the leafs to win this year? so they can finish 10th?

tank the season
trade players get more picks
get more players
and just rebuild properly.
stink for 2 years maybe 3.

con_artist
12-29-2008, 01:26 AM
I would love that but no one is gonna purposely tank the season, they all have this false hope we can do it, while they should have the realistic idea of bombing for a good draft pick

B2theRY
12-29-2008, 02:17 AM
id tank it
id trade every player on the team.

I like Antropov and all but if you can get something good for him deal him.

lovingTO
12-29-2008, 10:33 AM
If by 'tank'...you mean trade away all of our good players for prospects and allow ****** or inexperienced players to play out the rest of the season then yes! Do I want any of our guys to not play their hearts out everynight and try to not the get 'w'...or for coaches to do not everything in their power to try to get their guys the 'w'...then no. A top 2 pick this year would be reallllllll nice though.

drewbius416
12-29-2008, 12:17 PM
You never want to see lack of effort on the ice, but if the management was to strip this team to its barebones AHL affiliate and the kids sweat their collective bag off but just are not good enough that would be fine with me, sign up the whole Kazhak junior team

McJoe
12-29-2008, 02:59 PM
I had to change your poll cause you cant have a poll with 2 wrong answers. I definitely care if the Leafs win or lose I just know that once they lose we are one step closer to a really high draft pick and hopefully JOHN TAVARES!!!!!!!!

I'm a die hard fan and because I'm a die hard fan I know that it is time for us to lose some games.

Talick
12-29-2008, 04:25 PM
Unfortunately, in this city, there's too many tools. That's why I would never join ******** because there are too much die hard Leafs fans there, and convos usually get too stupid. As Jays and Raptor followers you guys are usually a little more realistic.

SuddenSam57
12-29-2008, 06:18 PM
Guys there are a few problems with this whole idea.

First, nothing guarantees us Tavares, no matter how bad we finish.

Second, Hockey players don't play to lose, period.

Third, we can't assume the ACC will be full every night for two or three years of losing. People pay a lot for those seats and they just won't go if the team is blown up. Nobody wants to watch that **** for several YEARS.

Fourth, no free agents will want to sign with us. That matters because you can't count on every draft pick to succeed.

Fifth, Burke isn't going to do it. He's too competitive to blow the team up and then sit back and wait until they are ready to be competitive in 3 or 4 years. Besides, Burke is also smart enough to know that he will probably get fired if it takes that long.

He is going to try and rebuild on the fly I think. It will be difficult and it isn't what most of us want, but there it is. Leaf Nation is not a patient group.

McJoe
12-29-2008, 06:35 PM
I dont think Burke will blow it up but he will make some trades to clean house.

Antropov will be moved i think as will Pony. Right now we have 1 too many wingers forcing Kulemin to the 4th line which nobody wants to see so someone has to go. Stempniak, Stajan, Grabovski, Hagman, Kulemin, and another guy like maybe Earl from the minors or maybe Tlusty will get another shot or even DiDomenico has an outside shot even though he is still in junior or maybe even one of Pony or Antropov wont get traded and will stay and be in the top 6.

Kaberle wont get traded. Kubina probably will at least during his window in August. The rest of the guys wont do much but may be in some sort of package for something else. Toskala likely cant be traded but Cujo will likely be moved to make room for Pogge.

I'm not expecting Burke to do very much honestly and you really cant blow the team up cause there isnt much to trade.

ramz.n
12-29-2008, 07:06 PM
id tank it

do you really think that is smart? tanking the season, letting rookies who are still raw and are not ready to play in the NHL step in, by just pushing players in like that you will ruin them for the franchise and end up with players like STEEN, if your gonna tank the season you might as well have left John Fergy Jr as the GM, let him sign stupid contracts, the leafs are obviously not trying to build that way.

H-MYK
12-29-2008, 09:20 PM
Just because your favourite team isn't going anywhere or is the butt end of jokes for so long doesn't mean you can't stop cheering for them. I've been a Leaf fan my whole life, I can't see myself cheer for anyone else (except the Penguins). I love my team too much.

Jay
12-30-2008, 12:59 AM
I was never a big fan of the approach, but would certainly support it if Burke chose to go along this path. You can sense there's going to be some dealing in the near future however I wouldn't expect any sort of blow up by any means. Identify the franchise's core and work from there is probably the most logical route to go and that's exactly what the plan should be going forward, imo.

B2theRY
12-30-2008, 04:10 PM
I had to change your poll cause you cant have a poll with 2 wrong answers. I definitely care if the Leafs win or lose I just know that once they lose we are one step closer to a really high draft pick and hopefully JOHN TAVARES!!!!!!!!

I'm a die hard fan and because I'm a die hard fan I know that it is time for us to lose some games.

i dont mind them being competitive but just lose would be more fun ;)

B2theRY
12-30-2008, 04:11 PM
long story short...

im a detroit lions fan im use to seeing my team lose.. they did it right they lost every game! haha.

H-MYK
12-30-2008, 09:09 PM
^^ I feel so sorry for Lions fans like you.

ShaunRiching9
12-31-2008, 12:26 AM
id tank it

good thing ur not the gm cuz u sound like an idiot, u would trade even our decent looking 'spects Schenn, Kulemin, Grabovski, no thanks they are doing well for us, and Antro is the only one i would trade

SuddenSam57
12-31-2008, 12:44 AM
Although I am a reluctant believer in playing our to the bottom, tonight's game was one where I found myself cheering for our boys. It was great to see Cujo get 450 in a Leaf uniform. He has meant a lot to the franchise and to the city of Toronto. He is one of the NHL's really good guys. It felt good to win this one. Now we can get back to losing our way to Tavares.