PDA

View Full Version : NBA ReDraft Playoffs: Dallas Mavericks vs Utah Jazz - VOTE!

BlondeBomber41
12-28-2008, 11:39 PM
Dallas Mavericks have homecourt Advantage.

Dallas Mavericks Lineup:

C - Desagana Diop - Fabricio Oberto
PF - Chris Bosh - Eduardo Najera
SF - Tayshaun Prince - Linas Kleiza - James Jones
SG - Raja Bell - Mike Miller
PG - Tony Parker - Chucky Atkins - Sergio Rodriguez

Utah Jazz Lineup:

C - Charlie Villanueva - Chris Mihm
PF - Lamar Odom - Glen Davis
SF - Danny Granger - Martell Webster - Nichola Batum
SG - Kevin Martin - Brent Barry
PG - Rodney Stuckey - JJ Barea - Javaris Crittenton

Dallas Mavericks Writeup:

The Jazz have a quick lineup that could cause some problems for any team, but isnt a team that could seriously put a scare in a team as talented and defensive minded as the Mavs in this series.

If we needed to, we could move Bosh to Center and bring in Mike Miller to go small with them, and still have the better lineup.

Our team is solid at every position defensively and will get plenty of scoring from Chris Bosh, Tony Parker, Tayshaun Prince, Mike Miller and Linas Kleiza.

Our centers are both good role playing centers who play defense and hustle and make smart plays and both have started for NBA Finals teams.

We feel our team is better and deeper at every spot and a much more rounded team.

Good luck to the Jazz. :)

Utah Jazz Write-UP

vs. Dallas Mavericks

Our team has the combination of speed and quickness and the inside presence to hurt your team both offensively and defensively. Our 1-2 punch of Danny Granger and Kevin Martin will provide our main offensive threat, surrounded by great shooters such as Webster, Batum, and Brent Barry. We also have a young but up and coming guard in Rodney Stuckey that can create his own shot and can go off if our main guys aren't hitting their shots.

Even though we feel that our guards are our strength, we believe that our frontcourt can also put up a great fight. We have an arguably top 10 PF in Lamar Odom that is capable of 20-20-10 in any given night. Even though Bosh has the upper hand, Lamar has the quickness to get him off the dribble and finish with the layup. Or he can drive, draw the double team, and dish out to our shooters for a wide open shot. Villanueva can draw out Diop from the inside as he has shown the capability to hit outside J.

Defensively, we have enough guys to throw against Bosh and Tony Parker, whom we believe are the biggest threats from their team. Stuckey has the quickness to keep up with Parker and Odom can limit Bosh's production. And even though they have Mike Miller and Kleiza off the bench, we have enough LENGTH to keep them from getting hot and hitting their stride.

Our team has to tools to compete and do damage in the playoffs. Although it seems unconventional to have a scoring SF and SG on the same team, it's good to know that the only team that won 70 games had a star SF and SG and were surrounded by great shooters and role players. We tried to form our team the same way by acquiring gritty inside players to complement our shooters.

Good luck to the Mavs.

Durant is hype
12-28-2008, 11:55 PM
Dallas in 4.

Bosh=nextKG
12-28-2008, 11:58 PM
Utah has a pretty good team but the Mavs are God like

hotpotato1092
12-29-2008, 12:22 AM
Mavs sweep in a series where Utah never had a chance. Also how could they not send in a writeup? That wouldn't have won them the series but come on at least give yourself a chance.

black1605
12-29-2008, 12:26 AM
Mavs in 5

BlondeBomber41
12-29-2008, 12:39 AM
Jazz just sent in a writeup, went ahead and added it.

Westbrook36
12-29-2008, 01:53 AM
Bump..

I feel the Mavs would win this game, They are not godly tho.

Raja Bell has lost a step or he just dosnt like to play pesky defense anymore and they have a weak C.

KnicksorBust
12-29-2008, 01:57 AM
I see Lamar Odom putting up some 20-20-10 games, but I'll give this one to the Mavs on a game 7 buzzer beater.

Catfish1314
12-29-2008, 03:01 AM
The Jazz could almost get away with having Villanueva at C in this series, but the Mavericks have a lineup that looks like it would fit absolutely perfectly. They have better defenders and better offensive players so it's a likely assumption they'd be superior at both ends of the floor as well. Jazz put together a solid, young team but it looks like it's geared more toward putting up Ws in the future instead of now.

Mavericks in 4.

hotpotato1092
12-29-2008, 03:36 AM
Wow no jazz votes, has that ever happened in a redraft

thesparky33
12-29-2008, 03:58 AM
Dallas wins this easily, and will have plenty of time for rest and prep for their 2nd round matchup.

Jazz had a good team, and congrats on making the playoffs.

hotpotato1092
12-29-2008, 06:06 AM
just read the jazz writeup, did they really try to compare Kevin Martin and Danny Granger to Michael Jordan and Scottie Pippen? Really? All the redraft GMs laughed when me and Doc compared LeBron and Monta to Jordan and Pippen which was at least a somewhat viable comparison but Martin and Granger? Really?

Sixerlover
12-29-2008, 06:45 AM
Martin + Granger WOULD be the best scoring duo in the game IMO, but the Mavs are the better team in this matchup

_Sn1P3r_
12-29-2008, 11:09 AM
Give me the Mavs. They have a very good defensive team and you still could get the offense with them. From TP to CB, there are some good options. Not to mention, Mike Miller coming off the bench. I think Utah is too 'small' and maybe too young for this team right now.

RocketsRule
12-29-2008, 01:58 PM
Dallas easily.

Much more experienced and better defensively.

mightybosstone
12-29-2008, 02:19 PM
Let me just say that I REALLY, REALLY like the Granger, Martin duo and think they could put up 50 or 60 on anybody, even the Mavs. But I absolutely hate their front court. Odom and Villanueva both are playing a position bigger than they should be and there's not a guy on that team capable of stopping Bosh from putting up 40. And they'll probably get outrebounded every game by double digits.

The thing that bothers me most about this team is that I don't think it was well put together. You have a ton of SFs, no legit starting PG or C (the two most important positions) and two players in Martin and Granger who have similar games and are both really young.

STILL, I think Granger, Martin, and Odom will win one game in this series. I've seen Granger absolutely take games over this season and beat superior teams. He'll do it once, but the Mavs win in 5.

Nexus
12-29-2008, 02:35 PM
Man, I love the look of this Mavs team. No holes on defence, Miller off the bench, inside and outside scoring. I mean, technically I've seen more stacked teams, but very very nice job.

SensandRaps
12-29-2008, 07:42 PM
mavs win in 6 games