PDA

View Full Version : NBA Redraft Playoffs: Orlando Magic vs Milwaukee Bucks - VOTE!

BlondeBomber41
12-28-2008, 11:25 PM
Orlando has homecourt Advantage.

Orlando Magic Lineup:

PG: Chauncey Billups / Sebastian Telfair
SG: Vince Carter / Devin Brown / Steve Francis
SF: Vladimir Radmanovic / Brandon Bass / Rodney Carney
PF: Al Jefferson / Chuck Hayes
C: Andrew Bynum / Hilton Armstrong

Milwaukee Bucks Lineup:

C: Rasheed Wallace/Josh Boone/Mouhamed Sene
PF:Kenyon Martin/Jason Smith/Josh Boone
SF: Luol Deng/Adam Morrison/Bonzi Wells
SG: Manu Ginobili/Bonzi Wells/Jerryd Bayless
PG: Jason Terry/Jarrett Jack/Jerryd Bayless

Orlando Magic Writeup:

I'll start this writeup with the fact that I really like the Milwaukee Bucks team, and think they are a solid team, its just that they wont win this series. I think the series will be decided in 5 games, maybe 6.

It's all about leadership and big plays from big players.

Chauncey Billups is one of the best leaders to have in the NBA, and one of the best PGs in the game as well. Add in the talent we have with Vince Carter, and add in the great frontcourt duo of Al Jefferson and Andrew Bynum, and this team is oozing with talent.

The only problem with the Bucks team is that they dont have a clear cut #1 option and/or leader on their team. I love Manu Ginobili and think he'd be a fine #1 option, but how good of a leader is he as that #1 option?

How will this Bucks team do with Jason Terry, a natural SG, playing the PG duties, and against Chauncey Billups, mind you?

There are just too many question marks about this team to think that they could knock off the #1 seed and more talented Magic squad.

Thanks.

Milwaukee Bucks did not send in a write up.

Durant is hype
12-28-2008, 11:54 PM
Orlando in 5.

superkegger
12-29-2008, 12:36 AM
I wish the Bucks weren't playing the magic so I could vote for them, because I really like that team. Though individually, you could give the bucks 3 out of the 5 matchups in the starting lineup. I'd take Manu/Deng/Sheed over their counterparts. I'm also not entirely crazy about Bynum and Carter either, both could possibly contend for the most overhyped player in the league. But I still gotta go Magic.

Ragun
12-29-2008, 12:39 AM
i went with the bucks. i think they have a great team.

magic are a great team but the Bucks matchup extremely well defensively against the magic. bucks have a great defensive frontcourt.

KnicksorBust
12-29-2008, 01:50 AM
I guess when I PM'ed blondebomber about 11 hours ago and asked if my co sent in a write-up it would have been too difficult to take the 2 seconds to PM me back and say no? :pity:

Annoying.

Anyway, in a rare twist I'm gonna support the Magic because I honestly think his team would win. I love Billups and his frontcourt has such a fantastic mix of scoring and defense. The only thing that frustrates me is that in my opinion my team could have upset a lot of higher seeds because we're a great #8 seed.

KnicksorBust
12-29-2008, 01:54 AM
For the record, had I been given the opportunity to make a write-up I would have pointed out how your team is like the current real-life Sixers only with a better PG. If Iggy-Brand-Dalembert doesn't work, what makes me think VC-Jefferson-Bynum would? Then some playful jabs at Radmanovic to downgrade him. :) Clearly my team was built to resemble the 2004 Pistons with Manu as my Chauncey and Terry as my Rip. I lose a little defense with Ben to Kenyon but gain some offense.

I think it would have been compelling stuff :laugh:

BlondeBomber41
12-29-2008, 02:52 AM
I guess when I PM'ed blondebomber about 11 hours ago and asked if my co sent in a write-up it would have been too difficult to take the 2 seconds to PM me back and say no? :pity:

Annoying.

You titled the PM "Writeup for the Bucks"

Do you actually think I read all the writeups before I post them? I had 10 of them in my inbox at the start of all this. I dont read them before I post them.

I assumed when I received the PM that it was your writeup, not you questioning whether or not your assistant had sent in a writeup. I didnt actually read the PM until when I made this thread.

Catfish1314
12-29-2008, 02:57 AM
Rasheed Wallace would be a tough matchup for Bynum or Jefferson, but that's really all the Bucks have working for them in this series. If the Bucks were a younger, faster team, this would be more formidable but they're not. Both teams are halfcourt oriented which favors both of them but the Magic have more and better weapons at almost every position, so they get the nod.

Magic in 5.

J-Relo
12-29-2008, 06:04 AM
MAGIC

They have better frontcourt and better PG in Chauncey, so 3 better positions...

Carter vs. Ginobili would be agreat matchup, I can't say that there is a clear leader in it.

SF is the only spot when i have to give a credit to Bucks... so 3-1 (4-2) after starting positions...

Of course very important is bench, MAgic even has better bench... so maybe in matchup series Magic might lose one game, but not more... MAGIC in 5

mightybosstone
12-29-2008, 01:55 PM
I wish the Bucks weren't playing the magic so I could vote for them, because I really like that team. Though individually, you could give the bucks 3 out of the 5 matchups in the starting lineup. I'd take Manu/Deng/Sheed over their counterparts. I'm also not entirely crazy about Bynum and Carter either, both could possibly contend for the most overhyped player in the league. But I still gotta go Magic.

Lol.... not a big surprise to see you downing our team yet again. Remember how we beat you in a Whatif matchup? :cool:

Just out of curiosity, how is 23, 5, 5, and a steal a game overrated? Especially considering Carter is shooting almost 46% from the field, over 40% from 3's and 80% from the line? If anything, I think he isn't talked about ENOUGH in this league anymore.

Frankly, no one has the offensive versatility that we do. And while I love the Bucks team (and thought they should have been a top 5 team), I think they're overmatched in this one.

mightybosstone
12-29-2008, 02:05 PM
For the record, had I been given the opportunity to make a write-up I would have pointed out how your team is like the current real-life Sixers only with a better PG. If Iggy-Brand-Dalembert doesn't work, what makes me think VC-Jefferson-Bynum would? Then some playful jabs at Radmanovic to downgrade him. :) Clearly my team was built to resemble the 2004 Pistons with Manu as my Chauncey and Terry as my Rip. I lose a little defense with Ben to Kenyon but gain some offense.

I think it would have been compelling stuff :laugh:

That would be a good argument, except that...

VC > Iggy.... Carter is a MUCH better shooter and is the kind of guy who takes games over. Iggy is a better defender, but he'll never be a #1 guy. Also, Carter averages about 8 points more per game than Iggy does.
Jefferson > Brand.... Again, Brand is a better defender, but Jefferson is FAR superior from an offensive standpoint, and is a better rebounder and shot blocker. Again, Jefferson averages about 7 more points per game.
Bynum > Dalembert.... From an offensive AND defensive standpoint, I really don't think this one's close.

And as you just said, we have a top 5 PG in Billups, so I don't think this is a valid argument.

Nexus
12-29-2008, 02:31 PM
Orlando's home court advantage + their better bench. I don't really see a guy on the Bucks who's going to take over the game on the road down by 5 with 2 minutes left. Maybe Ginoboli or Wallace I guess.

tonyd3b54
12-29-2008, 02:54 PM
this is brutal...

dawgsfan_45
12-29-2008, 03:29 PM
The Bucks really shouldnt have any votes at all.

SensandRaps
12-29-2008, 07:39 PM
magic win this in 5 imo