PDA

View Full Version : Who has been the Most Disappointing Offseason Acquisition Thus Far

Rockets Fanatic
12-28-2008, 10:39 PM
Simple

Players to Choose:
Baron Davis
Elton Brand
Jermaine O'Neal
Marcus Camby
Corey Maggette
Kevin Love
Mike Miller
Greg Oden

Chronz
12-28-2008, 10:41 PM
Beasley

Of the players you listed and as a Clippers fan I have to say Baron.

Rockets Fanatic
12-28-2008, 10:42 PM
When You vote other plz say who you are voting for so Ill count it as a vote

kvrnm
12-28-2008, 10:56 PM
Beasley

beasley isnt getting minutes, otherwise his numbers would be alot higher, on par with rose and mayo... so that isnt really fair to call him a dissapointment.

jimbobjarree
12-28-2008, 11:02 PM
lol jason hart for the clippers...hes errr...awesome

MiamiHeat
12-28-2008, 11:08 PM
Beasley

:rolleyes:

Raps18-19 Champ
12-28-2008, 11:13 PM
:rolleyes:

always have to be a homer dont you

Yogi
12-28-2008, 11:15 PM
Corey Maggette I think. I head they're trying to trade him.

kvrnm
12-28-2008, 11:16 PM
always have to be a homer dont you

how is he being a homer? beasley isnt getting minutes like rose and mayo, if he was this wouldnt even be an issue. and he is still 2nd in scoring on the heat.

dwiduck
12-28-2008, 11:17 PM
I said Brand because everyone thought the Sixers would be top 4 or 5 with him and he has actually hurt them.

Also, how could anyone vote for Marcus Camby as disappointing???:confused: hes been great for the Clips

Raps18-19 Champ
12-28-2008, 11:19 PM
how is he being a homer? beasley isnt getting minutes like rose and mayo, if he was this wouldnt even be an issue. and he is still 2nd in scoring on the heat.

even if he was getting the same amount of minutes, he wouldnt be averaging what alot of people thought he would be averaging

i remember people saying during the summer he would be getting like 20 point and 8 rpg

and whenever theres some threads to whos the best at this or whos the worst at this, he always says something about the heat

madiaz3
12-28-2008, 11:20 PM
beasley isnt getting minutes, otherwise his numbers would be alot higher, on par with rose and mayo... so that isnt really fair to call him a dissapointment.

if he was everything he was supposed to be, he'd be getting minutes

Rose and Mayo gets them because they are by far the best players at their position.

Raps18-19 Champ
12-28-2008, 11:27 PM

Rose and Mayo gets them because they are by far the best players at their position.

exactly

1 of the reasons miami is winning more is because they decreased his minutes and gave them to joel anthony

Lakersfan2483
12-28-2008, 11:29 PM
Simple

Players to Choose:
Baron Davis
Elton Brand
Jermaine O'Neal
Marcus Camby
Corey Maggette
Kevin Love
Mike Miller
Greg Oden

Elton Brand has been the biggest dissapointment, he's hurt again and has not fit in with their team.

st3voness
12-28-2008, 11:36 PM
Ron Artest should be on this list.

Houston is no better than they were last year and everyone was crowning them the most dangerous team entering the season.

Joshtd1
12-28-2008, 11:46 PM
I think its been Maggette or Baron.

Jay22Redd
12-29-2008, 12:25 AM
I think its either Mike Miller or Elton Brand. Both seem like their always hurt.

superkegger
12-29-2008, 12:30 AM
I gotta say Elton, no doubt. I mean some of those other guys have been dissapointing, but none of the others were looked at to be that missing piece, where I feel like Brand was seen as that piece that would put them as legit contenders in the east, and they are not.

thedfactor
12-29-2008, 01:20 AM
Dallas Maverick fan here...DeSagana Diop. Easy, he gets the full MLE for 5 years and absolutely sucks. He just doesn't earn his money. Not close. What a waste of money, over paying another center (Erick Dampier). Worse thing is Dampier is better. I still wonder why we gave Diop all this money for just his defensive presence.
Diop's career averages: 2.1 ppg, 3.9 rpg, 1.2 bpg

innovator
12-29-2008, 01:27 AM
elton bababrand

dbow1920
12-29-2008, 01:40 AM
brand has been good for the sixers

the only problem with him has been that, we have been adjusting to him, instead of him adjusting to us...last year we were at our best when we were running, but now we try to force a half court offense..the problem with that is, we dont have a legit post player, and noone who can shoot

SteveNash
12-29-2008, 01:59 AM

Rose, best competition is Lindsey Hunter who wasn't even there when the season started. No Duhon. Hinrich injured. No expectations. Rose was going to get minutes in that situation.

Mayo, undersized PGs that can't shoot. Yeah they'd make great SGs. Oh and Ross and Buckner, but it's not like Ivaroni cares much about defense.

Beasley, Marion who plays the same position as Beasley. It's not Beasleys fault Miami tried to play undersized PF Haslem at Center and it's not his fault when that paln backfired.

Chronz
12-29-2008, 02:50 AM

Minutes arent the issue, its his lack of IQ, not saying he doesnt know the game, just that his instincts are failing him because hes not use to the pro game, tends to happen more with young tweaners. He has stud potential but hes been playing horrible for someone who has 2nd pick hype. At the end of the year he will be alot better but as of now hes been cancerous.

JordansBulls
12-29-2008, 09:37 AM
Elton Brand because I thought clearly the Sixers would be a top 4 team in the east. I thought so with Toronto as well.

$ NyC $
12-29-2008, 10:31 AM
Brand. Everyone saw them a threat 4 the Eastern Conference Finals but they should have seen it coming. I still say Josh Smith would have matched them PERFECTLY. The Sixers we're/are, a team of slashers. They never really were much of 3 point shooters. They run, and had amazing athleticism at almost every position. They then added one of the best post-players in Elton Brand. The only problem is now Elton is clogging up their slashing lanes, and the Sixers aren't good enough 3 point shooters 2 make room 4 Brand. Hence the reason why Iguodala is jacking up 1/5 from three point land some nights. Iguodala never has been a 3 point shooter and this is why he's having a garbage season compared to what every1 thought he would be.

4 me it's definitely Brand because instead of making his team better he's made them worse, even though its not something he can control.

Yogi
12-29-2008, 10:33 AM
Elton Brand is hurt though.

rapswin98
12-29-2008, 02:40 PM
JO haas been playin good lately. Brand and Davis have been dissapointing

Chronz
12-29-2008, 02:46 PM

Houston is no better than they were last year and everyone was crowning them the most dangerous team entering the season.

Tmac has been slow to recover from off-season surgery and Yao isnt up to full speed yet either, the team needed someone to help take the pressure off while they recover, if Artest hadnt been around the team wouldve been screwed. Hes not playing as well as he should but his defense has been invaluable.

mightybosstone
12-29-2008, 02:47 PM

I knew someone would say this, but unless you watch Rockets' games, you should just not talk. He has been the one player holding this team together, while McGrady seems to keep screwing up and making it worse. Every time McGrady sits out, Artest plays hurt. The guy has been everything advertised, minus the part with the bad attitude and the crazy demeanor. We LOVE him in Houston.

superkegger
12-29-2008, 06:13 PM
I knew someone would say this, but unless you watch Rockets' games, you should just not talk. He has been the one player holding this team together, while McGrady seems to keep screwing up and making it worse. Every time McGrady sits out, Artest plays hurt. The guy has been everything advertised, minus the part with the bad attitude and the crazy demeanor. We LOVE him in Houston.

I'm not a rockets fan, and I havent' seen a ton of them, but I also didn't think he should be up there. 18-9 is terrible I know....:rolleyes:

KB24PG16
12-29-2008, 06:21 PM
ron artest because he isnt even starting

td0tsfinest
12-29-2008, 07:00 PM
I think Baron Davis is. People are going to say JO and Elton Brand, but both teams are still capable of making the playoffs and turning their **** around. But the clippers, even though its still possible to change their season around (highly unlikely though), are in a real mess.

GCOOKIE7
12-29-2008, 07:05 PM
So we agree it ain't Jermaine?

rapswin98
12-29-2008, 07:11 PM
So we agree it ain't Jermaine?

yes but he still is dissapointing

bleedprple&gold
12-29-2008, 07:33 PM
Dallas Maverick fan here...DeSagana Diop. Easy, he gets the full MLE for 5 years and absolutely sucks. He just doesn't earn his money. Not close. What a waste of money, over paying another center (Erick Dampier). Worse thing is Dampier is better. I still wonder why we gave Diop all this money for just his defensive presence.
Diop's career averages: 2.1 ppg, 3.9 rpg, 1.2 bpg

You can't include him on the list because nobody expects much from him (well, maybe except Mark Cuban). I was shocked at that deal as soon as it was signed because it is obviously way too much money. You already have one overpaid center, why do you need another one?

SensandRaps
12-29-2008, 07:36 PM
i think brand has been the biggest dissapointment

lovingTO
12-29-2008, 07:51 PM
I think JO has played damn well for the raptors. He's not what's wrong with that team.

ElMarroAfamado
12-29-2008, 08:00 PM
i choose elton brand over baron davis only because people were talking about the sixers making the finals, and being contenders and this n that ALL CUZ OF ELTON BRAND
cmon now....dont those people feel stupid right about now ...i remember they put them behind the celtics and cavs
ahahahaha

Lakersho
12-29-2008, 08:30 PM
brand makes 6ers slow,and blow. he cant stay healthy,looks lost...

LakerKB24Fan
12-29-2008, 08:53 PM
1. Brand - I thought 76ers will be much better than this, they look even worse than last year

2. J.O - I thought he will make the Raps a championship contender

3. B Davis - I thought he'll help the CLips get even a decent record

Hawkeye15
12-29-2008, 08:56 PM
Brand, easy. And Love is a rook, he should either not be on the list, or he should be paired with Miller.

Hawkeye15
12-29-2008, 08:58 PM

well, McGrady is half retired, and they are 20-11, vs 15-16 after the same amount of games. If you watched the Rockets, you would realize they would be way closer to the latter record without Artest.

Hawkeye15
12-29-2008, 09:00 PM
Minutes arent the issue, its his lack of IQ, not saying he doesnt know the game, just that his instincts are failing him because hes not use to the pro game, tends to happen more with young tweaners. He has stud potential but hes been playing horrible for someone who has 2nd pick hype. At the end of the year he will be alot better but as of now hes been cancerous.

his scouting report out of high school was he goes stretches were he just looks like he doesn't care. He has never had to learn real fundamentals, he has dominated on pure athletic ability and touch. He just needs a little time to learn the ins and outs of basketball. I still think he will be the 2nd best player in this draft behind Rose. I agree with you, he will end the season better than he started.

Vinny642
12-29-2008, 09:31 PM
hahahah Yogi funny sig, but i picked Brand injured, not producing that great.

dangrant75
12-29-2008, 10:11 PM
Elton Brand

He isn't all that's wrong with the team, but I thought he could adjust to their up and down style of play. I think they need to play the same style they played the last few years and I think they should start Lou Williams instead of Andre Miller. He gives them some outside shooting that the team really needs.

ink
12-29-2008, 10:48 PM
Has to be Brand.

And Oden is not an off-season acquisition.

GSW fan
12-29-2008, 11:02 PM
how about gilbert arenas and monta ellis. gilbert got the highest paid contract ever and hasn't played yet, and monta broke his leg on a moped accident after signing a six year deal.

1)gilbert
2) monta
3) brand
4)JO
5)baron

#1Mavericksfan
12-29-2008, 11:07 PM
Elton Brand and Baron Davis both were not a good fit for either of there team systems so I'm going to have to go with them.

rick66ankiel24
12-29-2008, 11:13 PM
brand.. thought he'd be a 20 and 10 guy but hes not even close

Spurred1
12-29-2008, 11:15 PM
how about gilbert arenas and monta ellis. gilbert got the highest paid contract ever and hasn't played yet, and monta broke his leg on a moped accident after signing a six year deal.

1)gilbert
2) monta
3) brand
4)JO
5)baron
But neither one was really an offseason acquisition. My answer is Baron Davis. I know the team's had some injuries but the Clipper's record is so awful and it shouldn't be considering all the talent they have.
I also think the Warriors were pretty dumb giving Maggette that huge contract. He wasn't a star for the Clips, don't know why the Warriors thought he deserved all that money. He's been pretty disappointing, but expectations for him were much lower than those for Davis, Brand, or some of the others mentioned.

GSW fan
12-29-2008, 11:19 PM
But neither one was really an offseason acquisition. My answer is Baron Davis. I know the team's had some injuries but the Clipper's record is so awful and it shouldn't be considering all the talent they have.
I also think the Warriors were pretty dumb giving Maggette that huge contract. He wasn't a star for the Clips, don't know why the Warriors thought he deserved all that money. He's been pretty disappointing, but expectations for him were much lower than those for Davis, Brand, or some of the others mentioned.

They were free agents.
its not like they just signed extensions

Chronz
12-29-2008, 11:24 PM

Im going to tell you the same thing Ive told everyone else (Clippers Fans included), where is all this talent your speaking about? Why do people think we're a stacked team, if ANY of our starters go down we basically have YMCA level replacement players. Baron has played horribly but its not all on him but yes he has been the most dissapointing, Im just sayin the Clippers wouldve sucked even if he had been playing well.

Spurred1
12-29-2008, 11:37 PM
Im going to tell you the same thing Ive told everyone else (Clippers Fans included), where is all this talent your speaking about? Why do people think we're a stacked team, if ANY of our starters go down we basically have YMCA level replacement players. Baron has played horribly but its not all on him but yes he has been the most dissapointing, Im just sayin the Clippers wouldve sucked even if he had been playing well.
I was under the assumption that Marcus Camby was a good player defensively. Kaman isn't too bad either and Zach Randolph has worked out pretty well for the most part. Isn't Thornton on that team also?
I realize that a lot of it isn't Davis' fault-there appear to be too many injury issues all at the same time(and often) and Dunleavy's coaching leaves a lot to be desired. But it seemed like a lot of people were expecting the Clippers to improve drastically with the addition of Baron and he's just not living up to expectations.
I know the Clippers aren't stacked from head to toe from starters to bench, but it isn't like they have excess garbage on the team either. Most teams have a couple of crappy players, but the Clippers are forced to rely on them more right now,due to injuries.
My guess is that if the Clippers were able to maintain health for a prolonged period of time, they would be an incredibly good team. I think the pieces are there, but they are essentially broken right now.

BoltLakerPadre
12-30-2008, 12:28 AM
Based on the hype, I'd say Oden. But since I had realistic hope for a 20 year old rookie center, I'd have to say Brand.

Chronz
12-30-2008, 12:31 AM
I was under the assumption that Marcus Camby was a good player defensively. Kaman isn't too bad either and Zach Randolph has worked out pretty well for the most part. Isn't Thornton on that team also?
I realize that a lot of it isn't Davis' fault-there appear to be too many injury issues all at the same time(and often) and Dunleavy's coaching leaves a lot to be desired. But it seemed like a lot of people were expecting the Clippers to improve drastically with the addition of Baron and he's just not living up to expectations.
I know the Clippers aren't stacked from head to toe from starters to bench, but it isn't like they have excess garbage on the team either. Most teams have a couple of crappy players, but the Clippers are forced to rely on them more right now,due to injuries.
My guess is that if the Clippers were able to maintain health for a prolonged period of time, they would be an incredibly good team. I think the pieces are there, but they are essentially broken right now.

Thornton is highly overrated by most people that talk about him, Marcus and Kaman havent played much together, and Randolph has been excellent but Kaman has been gone throughout his emergence. Baron missed some time. Thats not alot of talent, suggesting they could be decent when healthy is one thing, but the Clippers suck this much because not only are they not talented, they dont have the depth to sustain any sort of consistent play without their stars.

I like our starting 5, but your bound to lose a few starters throughout the regular season, you gotta have the depth to withstand such losses. Even if our starting lineup was 100% healthy we wouldnt be that good maybe .500. Most of our players reputations exceed their actual contributions. Thornton and EG should be bench players.

Durant is hype
12-30-2008, 02:36 AM
Elton Brand/Thread

JayW_1023
12-30-2008, 10:17 AM
Artest and Brand. And JO too.

GCOOKIE7
12-30-2008, 11:27 AM
Andrea Bargnani. He shows us glimpses of his possible greatness but he hasn't made any significant leaps in his game.

Drtino
12-30-2008, 11:42 AM
I would have to say Elton Brand... I knew he was coming off an injury, but somehow I still wanted him to play for the Nets, thinking that he will get better. Thank Goodness.

Regarding O'neal, I knew that he was injury prone and he wasn't going to make any impact whatsoever, particularly for all the millions they are paying him... huge disappointment (financially)for the Raptors and I have nothing against the team.

king4day
12-30-2008, 11:51 AM
I'm pretty sure Oden wasn't an offseason acquisiton. He was picked 2 drafts ago.

djeller1139
12-30-2008, 02:44 PM
As a Warriors fan I say Maggette

Overall, probably Brand.

Fear_GAS_OLDier
12-30-2008, 02:59 PM
yo for real, it has to be maggette, he's so bad golden state wants to trade him, ya brand may not be doing as good as expected but he is coming off a year where he didnt play, golden state management said they wish they did not sign him and want to get rid of him, i think that automatically means he is the most disappointing

Ph1lly Diehard
12-30-2008, 03:16 PM
You guys are missing the big picture. The 76ers dont have 3 point shooters. Once again, we are pathetic at shooting the 3. We brought Elton Brand to spread the floor, and you know, 16 and 10 is not bad. We have noone that can shoot the 3 on a consistant basis and it's really hurt us.

thesparky33
12-30-2008, 03:44 PM
As a Wolves fan, I have to say Mike Miller has been very very disappointing.

He is by far our best shooter and one of the best pure shooters in the league, yet most nights, he's getting less than 10 shots a game, and I see players like Telfair, Gomes, Foye, and Craig Smith get more shot attempts on a consistent basis, which doesnt seem right.

I dont know if it's his fault, or if its just that we're not implementing him into our offense the way we should, but he's playing the role of a simple role player instead of the 2nd/3rd option (along with Foye) that we need to compliment Jefferson.

That, and he's injured, and the fact that we did the Mayo trade mainly on the fact that Miller was included in the deal... and Mayo has been a stud. Don't get me wrong, I still think the trade was decent, because Love is and will become a very very good player IMO, and if Miller plays to the level he did in the last 2-3 years, I think we'll come out even or maybe even better.

chicagowhitesox
12-30-2008, 04:41 PM
greg oden wasn't an offseason acquisition. but it's got to be brand.

king4day
12-30-2008, 04:58 PM
I haven't followed what Artest has done, but should he be mentioned? If for no other reason than people have been putting them close to or atop the West before the season(including myself), but they haven't looked like it as of yet. Injuries likely being a big reason why, but that's nothing new.

IversonIsKrazy
12-30-2008, 05:17 PM
between maggette, b-diddy, or elton brand.

nalej85
01-02-2009, 02:24 PM
I said Brand because everyone thought the Sixers would be top 4 or 5 with him and he has actually hurt them.

Also, how could anyone vote for Marcus Camby as disappointing???:confused: hes been great for the Clips

^^ What dwiduck said...The sixers have gone in the opposite direction with Brand...Kind of like the PHX situation with Shaq except a little worse and with younger undeveloped players....I almost want to say he deserves it for taking a dump on the Clippers organization..... He said he wanted management to bring in talent to help him contend on a championship calibre team ..They do..Then he rescinds his verbal commitment and jumps ship...