PDA

View Full Version : Brady behind in recovery

Celts22
12-28-2008, 07:35 PM
New England Patriots quarterback Tom Brady has fallen behind in his recovery efforts from knee surgery and could risk missing next season if another operation is needed, NBCSports.com has reported.

Brady, who underwent surgery on Oct. 6 after tearing the ACL and MCL ligaments in his left knee in the first quarter of the team's first game of the season, had subsequent operations on the knee after it became infected.

That infection resulted in a buildup of scar tissue, which may require surgery on the knee, the Web site reported, citing an anonymous NFL source.
The scar tissue also has affected Brady's ability to begin fully rehabilitating his leg, the report said, and the repaired ligaments remain loose.

Another surgery also could be needed for that condition, the Web site reported.

Backup quarterback Matt Cassel replaced Brady as the starter and has helped lead the Patriots (10-5) to the verge of a playoff berth.

More bad news...:(

BeAn 5 ToWnE
12-28-2008, 07:50 PM
:sigh:

The Intimidator
12-28-2008, 08:20 PM
Wonderful...:rolleyes:

hatch81
12-28-2008, 08:33 PM
This is why they need to franchise Casel just in case this story is true.

nygiants242
12-28-2008, 08:34 PM
uh oh

futureheisman
12-28-2008, 08:39 PM
lets pray that this is not true

JoeSchroeduh
12-28-2008, 09:08 PM
I don't have a source outside of someone who is a patient of the doctor that did Brady's knee, nothing officially quotable. But he said that the doc told him that they did go in to clean it up but that it is a very normal occurrence and it is just a pro-active approach to prevent infection.

jcphik
12-28-2008, 09:17 PM

futureheisman
12-28-2008, 09:17 PM
I don't have a source outside of someone who is a patient of the doctor that did Brady's knee, nothing officially quotable. But he said that the doc told him that they did go in to clean it up but that it is a very normal occurrence and it is just a pro-active approach to prevent infection.

I really hope youre right

NYMETS6986
12-28-2008, 09:43 PM
wtf else can go wrong for the pats?

BTownTeamsRKing
12-28-2008, 10:11 PM
wtf else can go wrong for the pats?

i bet u said that 30 times this year. HAVENT U LEARNED YET?!!?!?
Never say ask that because God will make sure u find out.

we have no choice if the report is accurate.

Sign Cassel to a nice 2 year deal or franchise him.
Restructure Brady's deal.

figure out the rest.

steamydumplings
12-28-2008, 11:34 PM
w-t-f man...he better be recovered come next season >=[

ERLynx
12-28-2008, 11:52 PM
sweet. oconnell better have a great offseason.

Red_Sox_89
12-29-2008, 12:16 AM
I read that and think... Franchise tag for Cassel

The Intimidator
12-29-2008, 01:35 AM
I don't put much stock in this report after thinking hard about it. I don't think that this will affect the Patriots' plans regarding whether or not to bring back Cassel either. I still believe that Brady will be back next season.

KingJamsI
12-29-2008, 01:58 AM
SI.com's Peter King disputes Tom Curran of NBCSports' report that Tom Brady's recovery from ACL and MCL surgery is "well" behind schedule.
King says there is belief in Brady's camp that the Patriots are sending out mixed signals about the rehab. Curran reported that Brady's 2009 season could be in jeopardy if more surgery is needed in his "loose" and infected knee. King says New England is trying to increase Matt Cassel's trade value by floating the rumor. Only time will tell who's right.

rotoworld

The Intimidator
12-29-2008, 02:21 AM
rotoworld

That is what I was thinking. Like I said before, I don't put much stock in the Curran report. The Pats have an agenda here IMO, and they're playing the media right now.

Petertherock
12-29-2008, 10:48 AM
I knew this was going to be trouble when we found out how severe this injury was. This is the type of injury that ends people's career. I am not saying that's going to be the case for Brady but the Pats do have to prepare for that possibility.

69centers
12-29-2008, 10:49 PM
You can talk about the Pats using the Brady slow recovery to fire up Cassell's trade value, but the bottom line is if Brady has to have another surgery, he's probably miss next season.

The Intimidator
12-30-2008, 09:18 AM
You can talk about the Pats using the Brady slow recovery to fire up Cassell's trade value, but the bottom line is if Brady has to have another surgery, he's probably miss next season.

Yeah, we know that we aren't stupid. Our point is that this story is probably a fabrication, so Brady's recovery time probably isn't really affected that much. That would make another surgical procedure unnecessary.

bagwell368
12-30-2008, 01:55 PM
Peter King hit BB's all S-list because of "spygate". He knows nothing.

Curren OTOH is seen as perhaps the closest journalist to the Pats.

So, he's being fed a line of crap, why?

#1 the Pats don't want run afoul of the league and the franchise and trade issue. If "everyone" knows TB isn't going to play in '09 and makes a big recovery later, Cassel can be francished and dealt in peace.

#2. Pats go to Cassel, and say, hey look TB may never play again, how about signing a deal that is cap friendly to stay and be starter/sub for 6 years. It won't be for as much coin, but you know the coaches and players here, and keep being the man here. who knows in a year or two you might even beat out TB for the job anyhow?

If they ever sign him to a 5/6 year deal in scenario #2, he's going to be worth a great deal, Even in #1, they'll get something, and the league won't tamper with them.

BB is the godfather, no doubt.

Patsfan56
12-30-2008, 02:02 PM

#1 the Pats don't want run afoul of the league and the franchise and trade issue. If "everyone" knows TB isn't going to play in '09 and makes a big recovery later, Cassel can be francished and dealt in peace.

#2. Pats go to Cassel, and say, hey look TB may never play again, how about signing a deal that is cap friendly to stay and be starter/sub for 6 years. It won't be for as much coin, but you know the coaches and players here, and keep being the man here. who knows in a year or two you might even beat out TB for the job anyhow?

If they ever sign him to a 5/6 year deal in scenario #2, he's going to be worth a great deal, Even in #1, they'll get something, and the league won't tamper with them.

Yes... Make him an offer he can't refuse...:D

I'll take the insurance policy.

The Intimidator
12-30-2008, 05:47 PM

:clap:

griff141
12-30-2008, 05:54 PM
Who knows if this is true, I've heard reports from people close to Brady that he is ahead of schedule in his recovery and he will be back in 09.

The Intimidator
12-30-2008, 06:04 PM
Who knows if this is true, I've heard reports from people close to Brady that he is ahead of schedule in his recovery and he will be back in 09.

Exactly, which is why anyone who believes these reports is unbelievably gullible.

ERLynx
12-30-2008, 09:28 PM
remember a few months back when everyone was saying how matt cassel hadnt started a game since highschool and the patriots didnt have a chance with him? now we are talking about franchising him? did anyone predict this? i mean, its going to be a dramatic offseason. strap yourselves in, boys.

bagwell368
12-30-2008, 09:54 PM
yes, they appeared to me to have a window through 2012 in the past few years.

If they can really cash in on Cassel - plus what we have, they could end up with 6-7 picks between #24 and #90 in this draft. More then enough to get deeper at CB, RB, S, LB, OL - and along with a FA stud or two really cement the 3 positions - ILB, TE, LT (moving Light to RT) positions where I think the real headaches are at.

very good, and potentially huge.