PDA

View Full Version : Another Kevin Garnett Cheap Shot (Another Guard no surprise)

Pages : [1] 2

ProdigyI
12-28-2008, 07:05 PM
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=sAfp6ZCsvGc

The intent was malicious. He is a punk and needs to be fined by STERN.

To bad David Stern is focused on the Celtics to go back to the Finals to boost ratings.

superkegger
12-28-2008, 07:13 PM
It's just KG playing with passion man. Don't you get it, he's just intense, which makes it ok. :rolleyes:

madiaz3
12-28-2008, 07:24 PM
It's just KG playing with passion man. Don't you get it, he's just intense, which makes it ok. :rolleyes:

lol
disclaimer:
this is what celtics fans actually believe.

LeBrowns
12-28-2008, 07:28 PM
that was a deliberate elbow to the stomach, i used to have alot of respect for kg, but im losing it by the day

JabberJaw
12-28-2008, 07:29 PM
It looked like a hard screen. I was thinking I was going to see him throw an elbow to someones head or something crazy. It was a hard screen...and I hate the Celtics

LeBrowns
12-28-2008, 07:30 PM
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=NVDOxgDQwTA&feature=related

this is a better view

barreleffact
12-28-2008, 07:32 PM
he did dip his shoulder into dude...it definately was an illegal screen: he ran into dude not the other way around and he dipped his shoulder....and he was sideways!!! ive nvr seen a sideways screen not called. lol), but it didnt seem incredibly malicious. ive seen worse.

Frrrrank!!!
12-28-2008, 07:33 PM
I didn't know picks were cheap shots.

cubulls
12-28-2008, 07:37 PM
KG is a prick...I hope he gets injured

Joshtd1
12-28-2008, 07:38 PM
Meh...was a pretty hard screen, but I dont think this is that big of a deal.

braveniler58
12-28-2008, 07:38 PM
Wow. Respect level for him have dipped.

Bleeds Blue
12-28-2008, 07:42 PM
deliberate elbow for sure. call it whatever you want but kg wanted to take him down

madiaz3
12-28-2008, 07:42 PM

It is in context with everything he's done this year. It builds up slowly but everyone sees it.

SEATTLEredsox
12-28-2008, 07:44 PM
I'd hardly call it a cheap shot...just a hard screen. If anyone besides KG did this, noone would even notice

lakers4sho
12-28-2008, 07:45 PM
That screen was a teeny bit overboard. KG didn't have to dip his elbow that hard.

Plus a moving screen can be argued out of it anyways.

Raps18-19 Champ
12-28-2008, 07:50 PM
good thing they lost that game

I hope someone talks back at him next time he does something cheap

I lost most of my respect after what he did to Calderon and the rookie in portland(bayless i think)

jphxsuns
12-28-2008, 07:59 PM
oh give me a break. he just dipped his shoulder in. belineli could go cry about it. welcome to the nba and playing against players like Kevin Garnett. No matter what the rules say, this is a contact sport. put ur tampons on and stop crying about it

jetsfan28
12-28-2008, 08:04 PM
That was a great screen that opened his player up for a 3. If it's a foul, it's the ref's job to call it that. But Garnett did his job and got his player open.

jphxsuns
12-28-2008, 08:04 PM
and i do love the fact that jose calderon made a play and got back in KG's face. the nba is where men come to play. if KG gets in ur face, u get right back in his. its called competion. me being a suns fan, i hope KG taunts Amare and amare throws one down right on KG, then KG comes and tries to throw one down and amare swats it away!!!!

lakers4sho
12-28-2008, 08:05 PM
Plus during the Celtics-Lakers game, they were talking about when KG took a cheap shot on Sasha Vujacic but there was a quick camera cut so they had to divert the conversation.

Who cares anyways, KG can do whatever he wants.

PDAWG888
12-28-2008, 08:07 PM
I watched the whole game and that was actually at least the 2nd time he hit Belinelli. The first time he threw a blatant forearm into his chest on a "screen" and was called for the foul. For some reason, he got away with the 2nd one. KG is outta control. He's become a dirty loudmouth punk ever since he started winning. Some of the stuff he does every game would start a brawl if it was on the playground. One day he might do it to the wrong guy - like Nate Robinson LOL - and get hit back.

theuuord
12-28-2008, 08:09 PM
It's an illegal screen. He should have been called for it. He wasn't. Stuff happens. This isn't a big deal.

Raps18-19 Champ
12-28-2008, 08:11 PM
I know its a contact sport but he did it on purpose thats what gets me irritated

theuuord
12-28-2008, 08:13 PM
I know its a contact sport but he did it on purpose thats what gets me irritated

*shrug*
That kind of stuff happens every day in all of professional sports.

Raps18-19 Champ
12-28-2008, 08:15 PM
*shrug*
That kind of stuff happens every day in all of professional sports.

true but he also disrespects the players especially what he did to bayless

Sixerlover
12-28-2008, 08:16 PM
It builds up. That's just another hit on a guard from KG. I'll gain my respect back for him when he tries something like that on a big man.

PRETTY BIRD!
12-28-2008, 08:20 PM
yo...I like it....I just wish that the nba would let the players play and do it for both teams instead of calling ticky tack fouls and favoring one team(celtics)all the time....all we want is consistency!

theuuord
12-28-2008, 08:24 PM
true but he also disrespects the players especially what he did to bayless

lol.
would you rather every NBA player drink tea and eat crumpets in a group therapy session after every game?

Belinelli's not going to get injured with a hit like that, and if he is, he was bound to get injured by something. trash talking and hard hits are part of the game. either get tough or get the hell out of the way.

Frrrrank!!!
12-28-2008, 08:30 PM
lol.
would you rather every NBA player drink tea and eat crumpets in a group therapy session after every game?

Belinelli's not going to get injured with a hit like that, and if he is, he was bound to get injured by something. trash talking and hard hits are part of the game. either get tough or get the hell out of the way.

Pretty ****ing much!:clap:

balla4life22
12-28-2008, 08:32 PM
i hate ppl who whine about stuff like this. please ppl grow a pair

kingjanjic
12-28-2008, 08:33 PM
:clap:i dunno man, the big 3 play too cheap, look at the series with the lakers last year, they will do anything to win which is great i guess cuz thats wat it takes to win but its not fair for these new comers in the league as the refs seem scared to call somthing on garnett

o well who cares, lakers beat bostin n stoped their streak ahhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhh:c lap:

n then one of the worst teams in the nba with a new starting line up every game beat boston ahahhaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaa:clap:

Raps18-19 Champ
12-28-2008, 08:37 PM
lol.

do you have to do whatever you said to show players some respect

Contact is part of the sport but trash talking and showing disrespect isnt gonna get garnett a sportsmanship award any time soon

phila_gorilla
12-28-2008, 08:39 PM
KG is a prick...I hope he gets injured

That's weak.

theuuord
12-28-2008, 08:40 PM

Contact is part of the sport but trash talking and showing disrespect isnt gonna get garnett a sportsmanship award any time soon

...and do you really think KG is angling for a sportsmanship award? :eyebrow:

Raps18-19 Champ
12-28-2008, 08:41 PM
...and do you really think KG is angling for a sportsmanship award? :eyebrow:

no but he could atleast show some sportsmanship

i bet alot of other sports fan are saying bad things bout the nba right now

and iunno how you people can show him some respect. he prolly wouldnt even respect any of you

Trouble87
12-28-2008, 08:42 PM
wasnt that bad but the game was already lost ... KG seems like a sore loser

a minute & change left ... doc rivers should have benched his lanky ***

balla4life22
12-28-2008, 08:42 PM

hes not looking to win the sportsmanship award hes looking to win a championship

Raps18-19 Champ
12-28-2008, 08:44 PM
hes not looking to win the sportsmanship award hes looking to win a championship

well i hope he doesnt win a championship

and ever since he won a championship hes been a cocky b!tch

MrBloop
12-28-2008, 08:46 PM
With all the flopping and weak fouls today, I like seeing players dish out punishment.

It reminds me that I'm still watching NBA basketball.

FlawlessKB24
12-28-2008, 08:47 PM
Udrih is next!

theuuord
12-28-2008, 08:48 PM
no but he could atleast show some sportsmanship

i bet alot of other sports fan are saying bad things bout the nba right now

and iunno how you people can show him some respect. he prolly wouldnt even respect any of you

i don't care if he respects me or not, lol. i want to see him play basketball because he's one of the best basketball players on the planet.
and if he wants to play tough, so be it.

balla4life22
12-28-2008, 08:51 PM

ppl whining about it isnt gonna do anything. so just deal with it

SteveNash
12-28-2008, 08:51 PM
Belinelli should have been fined for flopping.

Raps18-19 Champ
12-28-2008, 08:52 PM
i don't care if he respects me or not, lol. i want to see him play basketball because he's one of the best basketball players on the planet.
and if he wants to play tough, so be it.

I never knew tackling someone was part of basketball

theuuord
12-28-2008, 08:53 PM

...when did he tackle someone?
He performed an illegal screen. He didn't get called for it. It happens.

lol, now you're just creating propaganda.

balla4life22
12-28-2008, 08:55 PM

hahaha a tackle? comments like this make ppl from other sports think basketball is a p**sy sport

codes238
12-28-2008, 08:56 PM
wow all you guys really need to put your tampons away...

Raps18-19 Champ
12-28-2008, 08:57 PM
...when did he tackle someone?
He performed an illegal screen. He didn't get called for it. It happens.

lol, now you're just creating propaganda.

he fully ran into him. he even put his shoulder down so belinelli would fall down

Raps18-19 Champ
12-28-2008, 08:58 PM
hahaha a tackle? comments like this make ppl from other sports think basketball is a p**sy sport

i have no problem with contact but that was a hard hit and alot of basketball players are p**sys. who the hell sits down cuz they have a flu. people in football play with broken body parts

balla4life22
12-28-2008, 08:59 PM
i have no problem with contact but that was a hard hit

hard hits happen every game. its a part of the game

theuuord
12-28-2008, 09:02 PM
he fully ran into him. he even put his shoulder down so belinelli would fall down

Yeah, he dipped his shoulder, which makes the pick illegal. He had stopped moving, although momentum had still carried. That kind of pick happens a lot.

Raps18-19 Champ
12-28-2008, 09:03 PM
hard hits happen every game. its a part of the game

i know its part of the game but most of those hard hits arent intentional

what54!?
12-28-2008, 09:03 PM
meh its not that bad to me. Its an illegal pick nut not thaaat bad

Raps18-19 Champ
12-28-2008, 09:04 PM
Yeah, he dipped his shoulder, which makes the pick illegal. He had stopped moving, although momentum had still carried. That kind of pick happens a lot.

youre right they do happen alot but those picks arent intentional like KGs pick to belinelli

theuuord
12-28-2008, 09:05 PM
meh its not that bad to me. Its an illegal pick nut not thaaat bad

Exactly. it's like when someone doesn't get called for traveling. this is so overblown.

theuuord
12-28-2008, 09:05 PM
youre right they do happen alot but those picks arent intentional like KGs pick to belinelli

this is not only your interpretation, but your bias speaking. you can't adjust for intention, you can only judge based on what happened.

Raps18-19 Champ
12-28-2008, 09:08 PM
this is not only your interpretation, but your bias speaking. you can't adjust for intention, you can only judge based on what happened.

Kg even leaned in to stop him

its like he has something against european guards

theuuord
12-28-2008, 09:09 PM

Kg even leaned in to stop him

its like he has something against european guards

lol. we're talking in circles.

Yes he dipped his shoulder. It's a dirty move, but big men do it all the time.
it was an illegal screen.
it was not called.

that is the extent of it.

TEXSTROS
12-28-2008, 09:12 PM
I hope he breaks a leg or his neck. He has no respect for someones health so I don't respect his. Only a spineless pu$$ takes cheap shots like that.

KG2TB
12-28-2008, 09:16 PM
First off, KG has been one of my favorite players for a long long time. The guy has heart, passion, and is the leader of the best team in the league. However, it seems to me he only goes after guys half his size, or european players. I forget the dudes name on the Hawks he didn't back down last year during their series. KG shut up pretty quick. I admire his game and his passion and will always be a fan, but I really want to see somebody dish out some rough play with him, or even punch him in the nose if it gets face to face type of heated. If he keeps it up, somebody will, and should.

TEXSTROS
12-28-2008, 09:18 PM
Next time they play the Warriors Stephen Jackson will probably shank his *****

codes238
12-28-2008, 09:19 PM
First off, KG has been one of my favorite players for a long long time. The guy has heart, passion, and is the leader of the best team in the league. However, it seems to me he only goes after guys half his size, or european players. I forget the dudes name on the Hawks he didn't back down last year during their series. KG shut up pretty quick. I admire his game and his passion and will always be a fan, but I really want to see somebody dish out some rough play with him, or even punch him in the nose if it gets face to face type of heated. If he keeps it up, somebody will, and should.

he didnt really shut up, in fact he threw down a vicious pick on him just like this one... nothing wrong with that, its a physical game, its not like he threw an elbow at the guy's head or anything... personally i loved it when KG went after calderon, it fired jose up and the game was more fun and better for it... just because some players are turning into ******* dosnt mean us fans have to too...

ARMIN12NBA
12-28-2008, 09:20 PM

LOL. Anything and everything KG does is excused because he is simply intense. KG punches somebody (preferably under 6 feet 4), but it is "A" OK because the dude has intensity and is just firing up his teammates. You gotta love it. :laugh:

theuuord
12-28-2008, 09:34 PM
LOL. Anything and everything KG does is excused because he is simply intense. KG punches somebody (preferably under 6 feet 4), but it is "A" OK because the dude has intensity and is just firing up his teammates. You gotta love it. :laugh:

that's completely false and you know it.

ARMIN12NBA
12-28-2008, 09:41 PM
that's completely false and you know it.

No I don't. I've seen analysts excuse KG's disrespectful antics because of his intensity and his wanting to fire up his teammates. Nothing new here. Like Pau Gasol said in a recent article, KG acts like a "jerk."

Kyben36
12-28-2008, 09:47 PM
That was a low blow. Lowered his shoulder and all

Neely
12-28-2008, 09:53 PM
It simply would've been a hard screen if he didn't lower his shoulder.

kntresistheheat
12-28-2008, 09:54 PM
I actually use to love this guy....Ever since he won the title he acts like he is invisible:rolleyes:

G-Funk
12-28-2008, 09:56 PM
again? oh well

Raps18-19 Champ
12-28-2008, 10:01 PM
lol. we're talking in circles.

Yes he dipped his shoulder. It's a dirty move, but big men do it all the time.
it was not called.

that is the extent of it.

lol your right

im just saying he did it harder than most hard hits should be

then he talks trash when he goes to the bench

they should have called a fragarant

Raps18-19 Champ
12-28-2008, 10:02 PM
Next time they play the Warriors Stephen Jackson will probably shank his *****

lol another brawl for him to get suspended

amare#1
12-28-2008, 10:03 PM
He is so arrogant since getting the ring, thinks he can get away with everything now. He features a bit in this video which exploits Boston's illegal defense against Lakers in the finals last year:

http://au.youtube.com/watch?v=zQaVvf2VOsc

theuuord
12-28-2008, 10:06 PM
No I don't. I've seen analysts excuse KG's disrespectful antics because of his intensity and his wanting to fire up his teammates. Nothing new here. Like Pau Gasol said in a recent article, KG acts like a "jerk."

If KG punched someone unprovoked he'd be suspended for the year. This is just a run of the mill illegal screen that didn't get called. the fact that there's even a thread for this is a joke.

NFLNBA
12-28-2008, 10:07 PM
LOL wow man i love KG but jesus he just has been a little punk latley huh? It def deserved a T, but KG gets a lot of love! i love his passion but thats not passion that was someone dipping a shoulder into someone and whats up with him doing it to all these little guys? I watched the Lakers beat up Boston and did anyone see KG and Odom get into it? KG wasnt so tough when a guy his size is envolved lol Well i hate the Celtics and the Lakers but with the Celtics thinking they are such bad ***** for winning 1 title in the last 20 years id like to see anyone beat them so the Cavs, hawks and yes the damn Lakers are the only 1's who can beat them exspecially LA with that Bynum and Ariza guy so i'll be rooting for them.

KG you only have 1 ring dude relax you dont need to be a cocky ******** now!

cegielskijastro
12-28-2008, 10:47 PM
Have you noticed ever since the Celtics won it all, they've become @$$ holes? First Paul Pierce says he's the best player in the world... he's not, Kobe is... He's not even the best player on his team. Then Ray Allen whines about about the fans not voting him an all star, and says we shouldn't have that much power. He wont even make the team as a bench player, not when you have Devin Harris, Richard Hamilton, Dwayne Wade, Iverson, I'd even put Vince Carter before him. Now we got Kevin Garnett swinging at every one that moves... and getting away with it.

kvrnm
12-28-2008, 10:49 PM
nice screen!!! haha that was pretty funny. euros need some of that to toughen them up anyways, bfd.

tonyd3b54
12-28-2008, 11:05 PM
laker fans get over urselves the most that was is a moving screen call...

Raps18-19 Champ
12-28-2008, 11:08 PM
Have you noticed ever since the Celtics won it all, they've become @$$ holes? First Paul Pierce says he's the best player in the world... he's not, Kobe is... He's not even the best player on his team. Then Ray Allen whines about about the fans not voting him an all star, and says we shouldn't have that much power. He wont even make the team as a bench player, not when you have Devin Harris, Richard Hamilton, Dwayne Wade, Iverson, I'd even put Vince Carter before him. Now we got Kevin Garnett swinging at every one that moves... and getting away with it.

you forgot rondo saying how he could beat Usain Bolt in a race

kvrnm
12-28-2008, 11:09 PM
you forgot rondo saying how he could beat Usain Bolt in a race

wow get a sense of humor, they were just clownin around, JOKING.... u dumbass

madiaz3
12-28-2008, 11:10 PM
anyone who defends this never comes up with a reason to why he never does it on a bigger player than a guard

face it. he's too much of a ***** to do it.

Raps18-19 Champ
12-28-2008, 11:11 PM
wow get a sense of humor, they were just clownin around, JOKING.... u dumbass

i know they were joking but i bet u rondo is cocky enough to think he has a chance

kvrnm
12-28-2008, 11:13 PM
i know they were joking but i bet u rondo is cocky enough to think he has a chance

ummm no he didnt.... its freaking USAIN BOLT.

Raps18-19 Champ
12-28-2008, 11:16 PM

just cuz he was joking doesnt mean he wasnt thinking that he could beat him

theuuord
12-28-2008, 11:20 PM
just cuz he was joking doesnt mean he wasnt thinking that he could beat him

so clearly, you should make judgments on his character based on your own assumptions.

do you even read what you type?

Lakersfan2483
12-28-2008, 11:28 PM

To bad David Stern is focused on the Celtics to go back to the Finals to boost ratings.

Back in the day you had enforcers like K. Malone, Barkley, Oakley, R. Mahorn, etc.. that would not allow that crap to go down, it's up to his teammates to get in KG's face and let him know they aren't going to stand for that garbage.

As far as this particular play is concerned, it seemed like he just set a hard pick, he put his elbow out, but that happens in basketball quite a bit.

Raps18-19 Champ
12-28-2008, 11:33 PM
so clearly, you should make judgments on his character based on your own assumptions.

do you even read what you type?

everyone has judged someone based on their assumptions

cwilson21
12-28-2008, 11:35 PM

x2. Seen worse.

KG2TB
12-28-2008, 11:38 PM
he didnt really shut up, in fact he threw down a vicious pick on him just like this one... nothing wrong with that, its a physical game, its not like he threw an elbow at the guy's head or anything... personally i loved it when KG went after calderon, it fired jose up and the game was more fun and better for it... just because some players are turning into ******* dosnt mean us fans have to too...

You're obviously missing my point. I love fire and physical play, however I think KG can take it a little far. That's how he plays, ok. But what I'm saying is I'd love someone to get in his face, rough him up a little bit. Or if he pulls somethink like this again, I'd like to see someone elbow his face. How is that being a *****? He thinks he's invincible and I'd like to see someone REALLY stand up to him next time he pulls his usual antics. I'd be curious to see if he would keep on playing that way, or tone it down. Personally I think it would be great if he kept playing that way if he got jacked in the face. My point is though, he might have something coming to him, and I hope he gets it. And this is coming from a HUGE KG fan. I love his game and his style but if he played this way in the 80s or even early 90s, someone would have dealt with him already and that's what makes the game great. Someone needs to really step up

theuuord
12-28-2008, 11:48 PM
everyone has judged someone based on their assumptions

lol.

you lost.

NYMetros
12-28-2008, 11:51 PM
Are all of you guys 10 years old? You must have never seen basketball back in the 80's and 90's. This happened all the time and it wouldn't be a big deal at all.

Giaps
12-28-2008, 11:57 PM
Of course it' deliberate. His team was just about to lose, you don't think he was pissed about that? Sore loser much?

Toronto_Fan
12-29-2008, 12:08 AM

LMAO.

Raps Champ,
Cool it.

Oh and LOL @ "it's like he has a thing against european guards"
AHAHAHAHA...read that statement out loud and then comprehend it!

Frrrrank!!!
12-29-2008, 12:10 AM
anyone who defends this never comes up with a reason to why he never does it on a bigger player than a guard

face it. he's too much of a ***** to do it.

Well unless a big man was going to cover Belenelli, he was gonna have to set it on a guard. I don't think KG calls to give the pick just to throw an elbow. Anyways these threads are pointless imo. Just a way for people who hate the Celtics to trash one of their players.

pippsux
12-29-2008, 12:18 AM
That was a solid pick. Teammate should have called that.

lakersrock
12-29-2008, 12:24 AM
He ran into it and shoved his elbow forward. Not only is it an illegal screen, it could have been a flagrant foul as well. It's amazing he's been doing this all year (and every other one too) and Stern hasn't said a word. On the other hand, Kobe flails his arm after shots and gets suspended for doing it two or three times. It's amazing how certain people get away every single thing.

(BTW, watch the Celtics closely. Just about every screen they set is moving and they are ALWAYS hand checking on defense.)

unwantedplayer
12-29-2008, 12:42 AM
He ran into it, his fault. Marco was harrassing just as much, throwing elbows, etc. Doesn't show KG having another cheapshot. Stop hating KG just because he is finnaly on a winning team doesn't mean you can call him a prick and crap. If you've never seens KG player before, then please watch some of his games as a T'Wolve.

Draco
12-29-2008, 12:48 AM
Couldn't care less.. I actually miss the days when basketball was played more physically and players got to the line for more than just being touched. I'm not sure if Posey used to be an enforcer type player last year for the Celtics but if he was, I wonder if Garnet is trying to fill that void.

tonercharmer
12-29-2008, 01:00 AM
laker fans get over urselves the most that was is a moving screen call...

Dude not everyone saying it was a cheap shot is a Laker fan btw it was an illegal screen.

mjt20mik
12-29-2008, 01:04 AM
Offensive foul at most. KG's been getting away with a lot of these this season. But it's not KG's fault, its the stupid refs. If your doing something that is making you win, you continue to do it. And even if its not "legal" per say, you still do it until you get caught. Nba should get on this, it has nothing to do with KG.

tonercharmer
12-29-2008, 01:05 AM
Are all of you guys 10 years old? You must have never seen basketball back in the 80's and 90's. This happened all the time and it wouldn't be a big deal at all.

What does that have to do with anything? last time i checked its 2008.

mjt20mik
12-29-2008, 01:07 AM
What does that have to do with anything? last time i checked its 2008.

Ownt? LOL :clap:

PDAWG888
12-29-2008, 01:10 AM
For those of you saying it was just one hard, illegal pick that didn't get called, no big deal- it was just one play. You're right, but the point of the thread being started is that the guy who did it seems to be doing illegal, even dirty stuff every week (not to mention the obnoxious tauntings to Calderon, Bayless, etc). And no, this isn't tackle football - but if a football player does something dirty, like hits somebody helmet-to-helmet once, he gets fined. If he does it repeatedly the fines escalate and he starts getting suspended by the league. Point is, it's not an isolated incident. It's a pattern, like a schoolyard bully who picks on the kids he thinks he can beat up and he'll keep doing it if no one calls him on it. I've been watching KG ever since he came into the league out of high school. He wasn't that type of player before. When he and Marbury clashed in Minnesota, everyone assumed it was Marbury who was being the jerk, cuz KG was a stand-up guy. Now KG is berating his own teammates during the game and making them cry on national TV - LOL... I believe that the C's received so much hype about their "toughness" last year that they feel they have free reign to be the new Bad Boys of the league. If KG and Perkins want to be the new Laimbeer and Mahorn, so be it. But KG fans have to own up to it if people call them dirty and say they're acting like "jerks". And KG better be prepared to get what he's been dishing out.

BTownTeamsRKing
12-29-2008, 01:26 AM
well deserved. good for KG and Dirk for throwen elbows at those who flop against them.

belineli's flopping cost 3 straight possesions. i want to see players who flop constantly get decked.

was this dirty? probably. was it deserved? YES. hate flopping, it isnt strategy, its insulting the game and those play and watch it.

tonercharmer
12-29-2008, 01:34 AM
well deserved. good for KG and Dirk for throwen elbows at those who flop against them.

belineli's flopping cost 3 straight possesions. i want to see players who flop constantly get decked.

was this dirty? probably. was it deserved? YES. hate flopping, it isnt strategy, its insulting the game and those play and watch it.

PAUL PIERCE needs a wheelchair right about now.

Jacob K.
12-29-2008, 01:52 AM
garnett is soft! he only hits guards, plus he shoots more jumpshots then any other 7 footer not named dirk.

lakersrock
12-29-2008, 01:54 AM
For those of you saying it was just one hard, illegal pick that didn't get called, no big deal- it was just one play. You're right, but the point of the thread being started is that the guy who did it seems to be doing illegal, even dirty stuff every week (not to mention the obnoxious tauntings to Calderon, Bayless, etc). And no, this isn't tackle football - but if a football player does something dirty, like hits somebody helmet-to-helmet once, he gets fined. If he does it repeatedly the fines escalate and he starts getting suspended by the league. Point is, it's not an isolated incident. It's a pattern, like a schoolyard bully who picks on the kids he thinks he can beat up and he'll keep doing it if no one calls him on it. I've been watching KG ever since he came into the league out of high school. He wasn't that type of player before. When he and Marbury clashed in Minnesota, everyone assumed it was Marbury who was being the jerk, cuz KG was a stand-up guy. Now KG is berating his own teammates during the game and making them cry on national TV - LOL... I believe that the C's received so much hype about their "toughness" last year that they feel they have free reign to be the new Bad Boys of the league. If KG and Perkins want to be the new Laimbeer and Mahorn, so be it. But KG fans have to own up to it if people call them dirty and say they're acting like "jerks". And KG better be prepared to get what he's been dishing out.

He's gotten worse every year since his rookie year, but last year was terrible and this year is worse than all the others put together. Dirk got suspended for his hit and yet KG does this crap continually and nobody says a word.

KB24PG16
12-29-2008, 01:57 AM
wow that looked like a football hit he lowered the shoulder

Westbrook36
12-29-2008, 01:58 AM
Hard Screen, Dont see a huge huge problem. It's like J-Kidd taking out a Ref :laugh2:

KB24PG16
12-29-2008, 01:58 AM
there have been so many illegal screens he has set the refs just seem to be in la la land while people are on the ground after kg just destroys them

Westbrook36
12-29-2008, 02:00 AM
garnett is soft! he only hits guards, plus he shoots more jumpshots then any other 7 footer not named dirk.

Hes not 7 Feet tall?

Thats also probally not correct. I doubt he takes that many Jumpers.

kswissdaf
12-29-2008, 02:02 AM
he lowered his shoulder into him

PDAWG888
12-29-2008, 02:12 AM
wow that looked like a football hit he lowered the shoulder

Watch the link below. It's dejavu with another foreign player:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=jwpaWFAFH7w&feature=related

It is an intentional shoulder blow to the sternum, just like with Belinelli. Either way, it's dirty and cheap, cuz he hits players when they are not looking and don't get a chance to defend themselves.

I guess that's what he does now. It's what linebackers do when they try to knock players out of bounds...but this ain't football and NBA players don't where pads and helmets.

tonyd3b54
12-29-2008, 02:12 AM

the thing is theres no rule for yelling at people and chasing them down the court like kg did to calderon... he isnt fouling calderon, he isnt doing anything illegal hes just yelling at him... theres also no penalty for getting down on all fours against someone like kg did to westbrook... wat are the refs supposed to do to that...? blow the whistle and call and all fours penalty? you people may not like seeing it but theres nuthing against it... and kg has been doing that all fours thing his entire career... mutombo has the finger wave, kg has getting on all fours wen he guards pgs...

as for perkins he just complains alot he doesnt really do much...

BTownTeamsRKing
12-29-2008, 02:17 AM
PAUL PIERCE needs a wheelchair right about now.

completely irrelevant to this discussion and by saying that u look stupid, not me.

anyways, good for anyone who teaches floppers a lesson. they should start finning refs who keep getting fooled by flops as well as finning those who flop.

tonyd3b54
12-29-2008, 02:18 AM

who cares if he takes jumpshot? thats was hes good at... and you cant call any1 that does wat garnett does on defense soft... any1 that plays great D is not soft...

KG#1
12-29-2008, 02:21 AM
not the worst thing ive ever seen...
same as robert horry a few years back
what do u expect when kg body checks a guy

tonercharmer
12-29-2008, 02:23 AM
completely irrelevant to this discussion and by saying that u look stupid, not me.

anyways, good for anyone who teaches floppers a lesson. they should start finning refs who keep getting fooled by flops as well as finning those who flop.

Irrelevant? Pierce is a flopper B1tchtown!

CHRISDODGERS
12-29-2008, 02:26 AM
Man i'm tired of his shenanigans...

He really needs to be fined for this ****...

BTW, all these people who say "he teaches floppers a lesson" ...... **** that..

Pierce and Garnett flop more than anyone I've ever seen... Thank goodness Allen doesn't do that crap...

CHRISDODGERS
12-29-2008, 02:29 AM
Remember just before halftime in the Christmas game...

Pierce had the ball against Sasha V, gets a little contact 30 feet from the basket, and flops hard...

PDAWG888
12-29-2008, 02:30 AM
the thing is theres no rule for yelling at people and chasing them down the court like kg did to calderon... he isnt fouling calderon, he isnt doing anything illegal hes just yelling at him... theres also no penalty for getting down on all fours against someone like kg did to westbrook... wat are the refs supposed to do to that...? blow the whistle and call and all fours penalty? you people may not like seeing it but theres nuthing against it... and kg has been doing that all fours thing his entire career... mutombo has the finger wave, kg has getting on all fours wen he guards pgs...

Yes, they do to have rules against running down court shoving your face in his face and jabbing your finger in his face while talking ****, it's called taunting which is a technical foul. Some might called it unsportmanlike conduct. As for your Mutombo example, he got technicals all the time for taunting the opponent when he waves that finger in the players face. Check your NBA rule book, sport.

QUICKTRADE
12-29-2008, 02:43 AM
kg is actually a gay or kind of coward because he could only inflick bad picks to smaller players than him. did anyone noticed when LO shove him at xmas games? and he didnt react at all.... hmmmmm then Pau give him a nice hard elbow and he didnt react again...... then he retaliated to sasha.... hahhahahahaha....

tonercharmer
12-29-2008, 02:48 AM
Newsflash!! Paul Pierce was just carted out of his his hotel room after an unfortunate incident with the mini bar...

LAcowBOMBER
12-29-2008, 02:56 AM

They could blow the whistle for taunting which is a technical foul. It has been called on Mutumbo when he does it towards another player.

PDAWG888
12-29-2008, 02:56 AM
I love this one: Garnett tries to bully a guard again, but this time Antony Peeler pwns his ***:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=S7krGO66LYM&feature=related

Garnett then backs up and looks kinda scared LOL!!!

ARMIN12NBA
12-29-2008, 02:57 AM
Yes, they do to have rules against running down court shoving your face in his face and jabbing your finger in his face while talking ****, it's called taunting which is a technical foul. Some might called it unsportmanlike conduct. As for your Mutombo example, he got technicals all the time for taunting the opponent when he waves that finger in the players face. Check your NBA rule book, sport.

:clap:

tonyd3b54
12-29-2008, 03:10 AM
They could blow the whistle for taunting which is a technical foul. It has been called on Mutumbo when he does it towards another player.

how is getting on all fours taunting? its not... you can make the case on the calderon incident but i saw that more as them garnett trash talking which is legal ... like bring it i can guard a pg even tho im 7ft tall...
the finger wave that garnett did can be considered taunting tho...but there was never a case where garnett ever shoved his face in calderons...

dont tell me to check my rule book either like ur this friggen all knowing king like figure... its ignorant and rude.... ive played against teams where every player who was guarding the ball would yell AHHHHH and wave there arms in the air to try and get into our heads and its perfectly legal....

ARMIN12NBA
12-29-2008, 03:15 AM
how is getting on all fours taunting? its not... you can make the case on the calderon incident but i saw that more as them garnett trash talking which is legal ... like bring it i can guard a pg even tho im 7ft tall...
the finger wave that garnett did can be considered taunting tho...but there was never a case where garnett ever shoved his face in calderons...

How is the fit on those rose colored glasses my friend?

dbroncos78087
12-29-2008, 03:15 AM
The Patriots should sign him to a contract, that was a nice hit...for football.

tonyd3b54
12-29-2008, 03:18 AM
I love this one: Garnett tries to bully a guard again, but this time Antony Peeler pwns his ***:

are u watching the same video... first off garnett did not back up all scared like... right after the elbow a swarm of people closed in between. them wat was garnett going to do? pull a carmello anthony or a ron artest?

tonyd3b54
12-29-2008, 03:19 AM
How is the fit on those rose colored glasses my friend?

is that a joke? haha i guess?

ARMIN12NBA
12-29-2008, 03:28 AM
is that a joke? haha i guess?

You don't get it? :pity:

GodsSon
12-29-2008, 03:41 AM
The only reason Garnett is doing things like this is cause he's been a habitual loser his entire career, prior to winning it last year. Remember when he slapped Duncan on the head from BEHIND a few years back during a scrum, thats a ***** move, whether or not all of you KG/celtic fans choose to accept it or not. Face it, taunting pg's is pretty pathetic for someone who's an apparent elite player in the league, good thing Calderon didnt just take it either, and threw some **** back his way.

Anyone who's a raptor fan will remember when Bonner dropped his ***, and for those of you who arent, here's the link. enjoy:)

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=puXDg637X10

tonyd3b54
12-29-2008, 03:42 AM
i get it but you are too wearing those same glasses my friend except your veiw the lakers as gods while mine veiw the celtics that way... so clearly we are not going to agree on issues about our rival team...

ARMIN12NBA
12-29-2008, 03:49 AM
i get it but you are too wearing those same glasses my friend except your veiw the lakers as gods while mine veiw the celtics that way... so clearly we are not going to agree on issues about our rival team...

Not really. I would never consider finger pointing, cursing, jumping and growling like a bear, elbowing, etc. not to be taunting. It is just that. Taunting. Garnett isn't even doing this for entertainment (at the cameras). He is screaming and yelling AT the players, which is unacceptable. Smack talk is fine to me (I talked trash a little myself), but you must draw a line somewhere and I believe Garnett has crossed that line on numerous occasions this season and others as well.

tonyd3b54
12-29-2008, 04:29 AM
Not really. I would never consider finger pointing, cursing, jumping and growling like a bear, elbowing, etc. not to be taunting. It is just that. Taunting. Garnett isn't even doing this for entertainment (at the cameras). He is screaming and yelling AT the players, which is unacceptable. Smack talk is fine to me (I talked trash a little myself), but you must draw a line somewhere and I believe Garnett has crossed that line on numerous occasions this season and others as well.

the only thing there u can claim garnett net did was the finger pointing which as i said u were right that was a little much... but cursing every player does lets not kid ourselves we read athletes and coaches mouths all the time these guys are not innocent... if u r refering to the calderon case as garnett jumping around and growling like a bear ur wrong... he did alittle finger pointing some clapping like bring it and trash talked his way up the court... other than that theres no case that u can make to prove that garnett "growled"

as far as elbowing u see that all the time but becuase garnett does it it gets magnified... if refs cracked down on people using there elbows we wouldnt be able to play a game because big use there elbows all the time in the paint to help establish position... not to mention the countless number of gaurds who use their elbows as stiff arms while driving to the basket...

shatty
12-29-2008, 05:32 AM
Ive hated Kg ever since the jose calderone incident he only pics on smaller younger players .Why has no one knocked his punk *** out. And the refs need 2 stop blowing him so hard and call a flagrant:mad:

J-Relo
12-29-2008, 05:48 AM
Ive hated Kg ever since the jose calderone incident he only pics on smaller younger players .Why has no one knocked his punk *** out. And the refs need 2 stop blowing him so hard and call a flagrant:mad:

when C' are playing Suns? lol i wish smth like that against SHAQ, or maybe Howard...

LA412
12-29-2008, 06:13 AM
not surprising.............and no it wasnt a simple pick he lowered his shoulder into the guy......he wont do it to someone close to his size.......he's a punk

GspLAL
12-29-2008, 07:50 AM
GUYS GUYS you CANT wave your finger at someone after you block them, but you can HIT them while setting a screen on purpose! Seriously you guys defending him have no logic..

nygiants242
12-29-2008, 07:52 AM
^ I know really.

KG is a flat out *****, wow you can knock over a guy who is 8 inches shorter than you CONGRATULATIONS. He's cheap, a crybaby, and I hope he never gets a title AGAIN.

Heathmalc
12-29-2008, 08:21 AM
I hope he tries that crap against Ben Wallace or LeBron James.... Or even better... I want to see him try that crap with Ron Artest...

I know he wont, because he's a homo punk. I hope someone breaks his leg...on "accident" of course. And then I hope they "accidently" gouge his fagish eye out.

Kevin Garnett is the biggest loser since Marbury.

Any Celtic fan or basketball fan that condones that crap...needs to get raped in their cornhole by a chain-gang!

nygiants242
12-29-2008, 08:23 AM
:laugh: Haha that was priceless..

Honestly, Garnett, do it to Artest! See what happens, I honestly think Garnett would get the **** hit out of him

fredv
12-29-2008, 08:40 AM
HoHoHO the guy got pwned!

fredv
12-29-2008, 08:41 AM
GUYS GUYS you CANT wave your finger at someone after you block them, but you can HIT them while setting a screen on purpose! Seriously you guys defending him have no logic..

Yeah makes me think of the Old Deke getting called because he waives his finger. KG takles a guy and no one say nothing...

Tom Stone
12-29-2008, 09:45 AM
You can't set a screen like that.....big time cheap shot.....KG is a punk......the funny thing is you never see him get into it with guys his size.....he picks fights with some of the nicest people in the NBA....it's patheic.....someone got to lay him out!.....

_Sn1P3r_
12-29-2008, 11:06 AM
Cheap shot, definitely. I remember seeing that game and wondered where the call was. I swear, this has gone on too long. He for sure won't do it to guys like Ron-Ron and Shaq but maybe he could do it to Aaron Brooks and Nash then have those two come in and defend them. That would be interesting.

BTownTeamsRKing
12-29-2008, 12:01 PM
Irrelevant? Pierce is a flopper B1tchtown!

u sir are brilliant, please continue talking like a *******. uz rz smartszzszz

codes238
12-29-2008, 01:07 PM
this is the funniest thread on PSD right now by far... the amount of bitterness and hate the laker fans have towards KG and the celtics is pretty hilarius... if i was a celtic fan idd take this thread as the biggest compliment ever, laker fans need to get over their inferiority complex, a lot of you guys sound pretty whiny and pathetic...

MVPedroia
12-29-2008, 01:11 PM
awww want a tissue?

KG >

Raps18-19 Champ
12-29-2008, 01:18 PM
LMAO.

Raps Champ,
Cool it.

Oh and LOL @ "it's like he has a thing against european guards"
AHAHAHAHA...read that statement out loud and then comprehend it!

o i just saw that when i saw the youtube video

Raps18-19 Champ
12-29-2008, 01:24 PM

lol he prolly getting all the guards this season cuz he got pwned by a guard couple years back

Raps18-19 Champ
12-29-2008, 01:27 PM
He ran into it, his fault. Marco was harrassing just as much, throwing elbows, etc. Doesn't show KG having another cheapshot. Stop hating KG just because he is finnaly on a winning team doesn't mean you can call him a prick and crap. If you've never seens KG player before, then please watch some of his games as a T'Wolve.

what part of boston you from?

younggunn113
12-29-2008, 01:32 PM
this is the funniest thread on PSD right now by far... the amount of bitterness and hate the laker fans have towards KG and the celtics is pretty hilarius... if i was a celtic fan idd take this thread as the biggest compliment ever, laker fans need to get over their inferiority complex, a lot of you guys sound pretty whiny and pathetic...

Well that would make sense if the Lakers were inferior right now?...We did just beat them on Christmas..Youre going to bring up the Finals, but we were missing our starting center. Replay the finals minus Perkins (But Bynums actually better) and give us Bynum for the whole series and we'll see what happens. A Lakers team missing their inside presence is inferior, but when teams are healthy Lakers > Celtics. No whining here, we're built to compete for the finals for the next 5 or more years.

DJ CHACH
12-29-2008, 01:33 PM
wow imagine if ron artest did that...thye suspend him like 26 games just so his team cant make the playoffs...i cant stand the celtics, how is it that the refs sleep at night when they know that they arent giving the other team a fair shot...its so gay

codes238
12-29-2008, 01:37 PM
Well that would make sense if the Lakers were inferior right now?...We did just beat them on Christmas..Youre going to bring up the Finals, but we were missing our starting center. Replay the finals minus Perkins (But Bynums actually better) and give us Bynum for the whole series and we'll see what happens. A Lakers team missing their inside presence is inferior, but when teams are healthy Lakers > Celtics. No whining here, we're built to compete for the finals for the next 5 or more years.

definitely no argument there, you guys have a great team... but in a seven games series im still putting my money on boston this year...

Raps18-19 Champ
12-29-2008, 01:43 PM
I hate both Boston and Lakers but Lakers would probably win. Boston doesnt have much after big 3 and rondo. Boston probably has better starting but Boston doesnt have as good as bench after posey left

Perkins<Bynum
Garnett>Gasol
Peirce>Odom
Allen<Kobe
Rondo>Fisher
B.Bench<L.Bench

Nighthawk
12-29-2008, 01:46 PM
ummmm and who cares??? Kg set a hard screen. So what. He talks ****. He cheapshots. plus all your talk about it is pointless. get over it

Nighthawk
12-29-2008, 01:48 PM
definitely no argument there, you guys have a great team... but in a seven games series im still putting my money on boston this year...

you have to until L.A proves other wise. They won on X-mas........................................

IF we meet in the Finals and the Lakers win then talk.

Raps18-19 Champ
12-29-2008, 01:50 PM
Man boston fans would probably be talking **** about garnett if we was traded to the lakers or phoenix like he was suppose to

codes238
12-29-2008, 01:54 PM
Man boston fans would probably be talking **** about garnett if we was traded to the lakers or phoenix like he was suppose to

obviously, just like me and you would be on his sack if he was playing for the raptors... or like how all the same laker fans bitterly hating on him now would be in love with him no matter how many ***** european guys he tried to decapitate if he was just playing for LA... thats the sign of a great player...

Raps18-19 Champ
12-29-2008, 02:01 PM
obviously, just like me and you would be on his sack if he was playing for the raptors... or like how all the same laker fans bitterly hating on him now would be in love with him no matter how many ***** european guys he tried to decapitate if he was just playing for LA... thats the sign of a great player...

Im not that big of a homer. I talk things about raps all the time like bosh will probably leave in 2010 or bargs sucks

you never see boston fans saying peirce is a flopper even though he is

Nighthawk
12-29-2008, 02:03 PM
Im not that big of a homer. I talk things about raps all the time like bosh will probably leave in 2010 or bargs sucks

you never see boston fans saying peirce is a flopper even though he is

Sorry dude Vlade Divac is a flopper. Ginobli Flops. Has Peirce flopped..yes. But Ive seen Lebron dramatize fouls. Plenty of stars or just ball players have flopped but there not considered "floppers". Your drawing the foul.

MooseWithFleas
12-29-2008, 02:04 PM
He charged his shoulder into the chest. Garnett has been an ******* for years, its just more focused on now that he is in the spotlight.

Raps18-19 Champ
12-29-2008, 02:08 PM
Sorry dude Vlade Divac is a flopper. Ginobli Flops. Has Peirce flopped..yes. But Ive seen Lebron dramatize fouls. Plenty of stars or just ball players have flopped but there not considered "floppers". Your drawing the foul.

he use to be tough but hes been flopping more ever since last year so i started calling him a flopper.

and peirce oversells the foul. just like ginobli falling after every foul

codes238
12-29-2008, 02:11 PM
he use to be tough but hes been flopping more ever since last year so i started calling him a flopper.

and peirce oversells the foul. just like ginobli falling after every foul

i think every star swingman kind of does that man, just watch guys like wade, kobe, carter, ginobli and even lebron sometimes... it has to do with the referees being ******** more than anything... maybe one day we'll have an above-average wing too so then we'll be able to see it first-hand

theuuord
12-29-2008, 02:13 PM
oh my God.

he probably should have been called for it.

he wasn't.

get over it.

R. Johnson#3
12-29-2008, 02:15 PM
I did the exact same thing in a high school game in almost the exact same spot on the floor to a guard. The only difference is that I'm 5'11. I got T'd up instantly.

You can't throw elbows or even put too much force into a pick. You pretty much have to stand up straight. KG leaned into that one big time.

I just watched the taunt that went uncalled earlier this season and then the video where Kendrick Perkins dunks and just stares at Bynum. That was called....

Raps18-19 Champ
12-29-2008, 02:18 PM
i think every star swingman kind of does that man, just watch guys like wade, kobe, carter, ginobli and even lebron sometimes... it has to do with the referees being ******** more than anything... maybe one day we'll have an above-average wing too so then we'll be able to see it first-hand

i dont think kobe flops alot

Ginobli flops on both ends of the court

Wade and Bron usually take the charge

Wade, bron, kobe barely flop on offence cuz they so quick and they only get fouled from slaps to the arm.

Sometimes wade goes down after he gets fouled from a fast break but Bron and kobe are too strong

bostncelts34
12-29-2008, 02:32 PM
I did the exact same thing in a high school game in almost the exact same spot on the floor to a guard. The only difference is that I'm 5'11. I got T'd up instantly.

You can't throw elbows or even put too much force into a pick. You pretty much have to stand up straight. KG leaned into that one big time.

I just watched the taunt that went uncalled earlier this season and then the video where Kendrick Perkins dunks and just stares at Bynum. That was called....

Are you serious? lol. Your comparing a HS basketball game to an NBA game. You get t'd for anything in an HS game. Its freakin HS lol.

It was a freakin illegal screen. What about with Lamar TACKLED ray allen last year? he didnt get fined or anything like that. Give me a break. The dude ran into a hard screen and garnett had his elbow up. They didnt call it, get over it

Toronto_Fan
12-29-2008, 03:24 PM
i did the exact same thing in a high school game in almost the exact same spot on the floor to a guard. The only difference is that i'm 5'11. I got t'd up instantly.

are you serious? Lol. Your comparing a hs basketball game to an nba game. You get t'd for anything in an hs game. Its frsakib hs lol.

lmmfao

NYMetros
12-29-2008, 03:29 PM
oh my God.

he probably should have been called for it.

he wasn't.

get over it.

x2

It sounds like most of the people in here are just jealous.

cclipper44
12-29-2008, 03:37 PM

Dude, just because you hate the Celtics and/or Kevin Garnett doesn't mean that everything they do is despicable. Should that have been a foul... I would say yes, that should've been an illegal screen. As for Garnett picking on guards, then you clearly don't watch any Celtics games. He jaws with anyone that wants to jaw back.

If that was a big man chasing House off that screen, I'm pretty sure Garnett would have still been setting a screen to get him open. Since Belinelli is a guard I think it made it look much worse that it really was. Heck, he might have even been trying to get a whistle by selling the call.

I'll be straight forward, I am a Celtics fan. However, that in no way is causing a bias opinion on this topic. Garnett plays the game hard, and that may not always be the best way, but to say he singles guards and small players out to pick on them is just naive. Just listen to interviews with players throughout the NBA about Garnett, they all say the same thing, whether their big men or guards.

jimbobjarree
12-29-2008, 03:47 PM
yess KG...now thats a ****ing screen!

its a mans game, you should expect to take some hits.

now I havnt read through all these pages but I bet a load of wussbags are upset about it being too hard...seriosuly **** off and play tennis if you think that

sep11ie
12-29-2008, 03:53 PM
that was a deliberate elbow to the stomach, i used to have alot of respect for kg, but im losing it by the day

X2

I wanna see him try that on another forward for once. Try that **** on Ron Artest tough guy.

Raps18-19 Champ
12-29-2008, 03:53 PM
KG does fight bigs but he fights bigs that arent that tough

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=XKsS-3j9sfg

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=waTdNkSAbX0

chigoldcoast27
12-29-2008, 04:07 PM
***** the celtics anyways. He was just pissed cause they were going to lose again.

gauth25
12-29-2008, 04:25 PM
I'd hardly call it a cheap shot...just a hard screen. If anyone besides KG did this, noone would even notice

ok buddy i watch alot of basketball games and i havent seen anyone give a screen like that. he clearly lowered his shoulder and tried to deck him

theuuord
12-29-2008, 04:43 PM
ok buddy i watch alot of basketball games and i havent seen anyone give a screen like that. he clearly lowered his shoulder and tried to deck him

Then you're not watching closely. Hard screens are common. Belinelli fell, so it looked like a lot more.

Lakersho
12-29-2008, 04:51 PM
just a butt nugget , what do you expect of him?

dangrant75
12-29-2008, 05:26 PM

You never really watched KG play before Boston...... have you???

tonercharmer
12-29-2008, 05:29 PM
u sir are brilliant, please continue talking like a *******. uz rz smartszzszz

Thank You i hope your Wealth of knowledge Never runs dry cuz your sports knowledge knows no boundaries....Nah just ****ing with you! B1tchtown your a complete Douchebag who doent know **** your attempts at being witty fail miserabely i know you might be a "superstar" in your Special Ed classes but here you sound like another dipsh1t who spent way too much time being breastfed .;)

R. Johnson#3
12-29-2008, 05:33 PM
Are you serious? lol. Your comparing a HS basketball game to an NBA game. You get t'd for anything in an HS game. Its frsakib HS lol.

Not in Tier 2. The refs actually let a lot go. But with KG it's almost like he has immunity from everything. I'm not a Celtic or KG hater, infact, KG was one of my favourite players for a long time. The stuff he gets away with now is ridiculous though.

dangrant75
12-29-2008, 05:34 PM
People are just hating cuz the Celt's are the champs and tops in the league. This type of play has been in the NBA since it started. Remember Kermit Washington, Bill Laimbeer and Rick MaHorn, Charles Oakley and so on and so on.....this was tame compared to some of the stuff that used to go on in every NBA game back in the day. I remember the 87' Eastern Conference Finals when Robert Parrish punched Laimbeer in the face 2X and didn't even get a T or a foul.

Raps18-19 Champ
12-29-2008, 05:35 PM
You never really watched KG play before Boston...... have you???

I did actually

He was cocky but ever since he won the title, hes been a cocky douchebag

Mikeleafs
12-29-2008, 05:35 PM
If this was on the street KG would have gotten popped by now... he can only pick on the little guys! He's a sissy boy.., lol

penuch
12-29-2008, 05:36 PM
Hating Garnett is liking Hating the Yankees, Its the popular thing to do to.

KG is playing the same exact way he played in Minny, but now that he is part of Boston everyone wants to make a big deal of it.

Seriously everybody GET OVER IT

NYMetros
12-29-2008, 05:37 PM
Not in Tier 2. The refs actually let a lot go. But with KG it's almost like he has immunity from everything. I'm not a Celtic or KG hater, infact, KG was one of my favourite players for a long time. The stuff he gets away with now is ridiculous though.

This happens all the time...

Rome
12-29-2008, 05:54 PM
Marco should have ****ed him up... Bha

GspLAL
12-29-2008, 05:55 PM
People are just hating cuz the Celt's are the champs and tops in the league. This type of play has been in the NBA since it started. Remember Kermit Washington, Bill Laimbeer and Rick MaHorn, Charles Oakley and so on and so on.....this was tame compared to some of the stuff that used to go on in every NBA game back in the day. I remember the 87' Eastern Conference Finals when Robert Parrish punched Laimbeer in the face 2X and didn't even get a T or a foul.

Have you been paying attention at all? difference is KG goes after people HALF HIS SIZE.

gauth25
12-29-2008, 05:56 PM
Then you're not watching closely. Hard screens are common. Belinelli fell, so it looked like a lot more.

lol? i see alot of hard screens from big men and nothing are like that. people dont throw there shoulders into guys like that

tonyd3b54
12-29-2008, 06:01 PM

if u stand up straight and put no force into a pick you will get destroyed... i learned that very quick after guys would run hard through the pick...it kills to have a guy running full speeds shoulder nail u in the chest...

SeoulBeatz
12-29-2008, 06:08 PM
**** KG

dude is a prick now

what happened?

where's the class KG, where'd it go?

oh yeah, i forgot, ur in Boston now.

dangrant75
12-29-2008, 08:51 PM
Have you been paying attention at all? difference is KG goes after people HALF HIS SIZE.

3/4 of the league is half his size.....and by the way most screens set in an NBA game are bigs setting them on smalls. It's the oldest play in basketball.

KG does get in everyones face, big or little. Last year and this year he has gotten into it with Varejo from Cleveland, he got into it with Al Horford this year and in last years playoffs. He is a very intense player always has been.....even before Boston. Now that he is on national tv several times a month is when the West Coast starts to notice.

He did foul him, I'm not saying that but it wasn't pre planned or thought out in advance. He would've taken him out in the first couple of minutes if that was the case

bostncelts34
12-29-2008, 09:01 PM
the thing that makes me laugh is that, everyone complains about the NBA being soft and stuff. And then 1 hard screen by KG send you all into a frenzy. "oh kg is so MEAN! :'("

Get over it. It was a hard screen, wasnt called.

madiaz3
12-29-2008, 09:21 PM

I love it when people try to blame it on the league being soft.
What makes it ok for KG being the only one to do it?

"BACK IN MY DAY THE JIM CROW LAWS WERE SO COMMON, THIS WORLD HAS GOTTEN SOFT" - now even though they are all gone, one person is still acting like they exist and hes not getting in any sort of trouble.

Extreme example but the basis is exactly the same, you're admitting the hardness of the league is in the past, why should he be the only one to do it without penalty? and why does he only do it to smaller guys?
we're not just talking about screens

QUICKTRADE
12-29-2008, 09:25 PM
the point here is if kg is really a punk as a lot of people claimed then the big question is why is he picking smaller players to hit. you are smart when you get my point......he doesnt have the balls to hit bigger players because they will whip his ***.:clap::speechless:

dangrant75
12-29-2008, 09:55 PM
I love it when people try to blame it on the league being soft.
What makes it ok for KG being the only one to do it?

"BACK IN MY DAY THE JIM CROW LAWS WERE SO COMMON, THIS WORLD HAS GOTTEN SOFT" - now even though they are all gone, one person is still acting like they exist and hes not getting in any sort of trouble.

Extreme example but the basis is exactly the same, you're admitting the hardness of the league is in the past, why should he be the only one to do it without penalty? and why does he only do it to smaller guys?
we're not just talking about screens

ok

Lamar Odom tackling Ray Allen last year, Kobe elbowing Raja Bell right in the face before Bell flipped and closelined Kobe...and on and on. The league is softer than it was. And it is a better product, but this call is not anything more than a hard screen and a hard foul.
Again most of the time KG is setting a screen. Why would KG set a screen for Kendrick Perkins???? It's gonna be on Peirce's man, Ray's man or Rondo's man, all of whom will be much smaller than the 6'11 KG.

Some of Shaq's greatest.
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=DobXKM8CfuU
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=VukbXYyN7f8
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=SiY1D1lAH-A

GspLAL
12-29-2008, 10:10 PM
ok

Lamar Odom tackling Ray Allen last year, Kobe elbowing Raja Bell right in the face before Bell flipped and closelined Kobe...and on and on. The league is softer than it was. And it is a better product, but this call is not anything more than a hard screen and a hard foul.
Again most of the time KG is setting a screen. Why would KG set a screen for Kendrick Perkins???? It's gonna be on Peirce's man, Ray's man or Rondo's man, all of whom will be much smaller than the 6'11 KG.

Some of Shaq's greatest.

WOW you still dont get it, I'm beginning to think you're half ********..the point is KG gets AWAY with it. KEY WORD: AWAY. Lamar got called with a flagrant foul on that play

DreamShaker
12-29-2008, 10:15 PM
He's the Mike Knox of the NBA...

Sportfan
12-29-2008, 11:00 PM
there's nothing wrong with that

#1Mavericksfan
12-29-2008, 11:05 PM
K.G. and the rest of the Celtics can do no wrong in David Stern eyes...

dangrant75
12-29-2008, 11:13 PM
I'm not saying he should've gotten away with it. It was late in the game. NBA officials have been known to speed up games....and for that matter been known to give calls to big name players.

When else has he gotten away with this without a foul??

breedlove2drug
12-29-2008, 11:18 PM
ok

Some of Shaq's greatest.

you typical celtic fan... kg wasnt called for it

GSW fan
12-30-2008, 12:11 AM
its not a hard screen. anybody that says that is blind. KG dipped his shoulder and it was a moving screen. last year he tried punking andris biedrins and bedrins stepped up and kg was shocked and backed off

lakers4sho
12-30-2008, 12:20 AM
its not a hard screen. anybody that says that is blind. KG dipped his shoulder and it was a moving screen. last year he tried punking andris biedrins and bedrins stepped up and kg was shocked and backed off

and Pau gave him a little shove and KG was too scared to fight back :D

BoltLakerPadre
12-30-2008, 12:25 AM
When else has he gotten away with this without a foul??

The topic is moving/hard screens, the answer is all the time. It's too bad I can't come up with specific incidents, lucky for me it was already done by a broadcasting team, with video footage. The point is, there is little point in denying it, everyone's seen it.

KG plays dirty, and with a new level of swagger ever since a former Celtic (McHale) sent him to his old team in a trade that should have been investigated by the league. I mean after 22 years of futility, the Celtics finally won, and after a career of leading a team nowhere, KG finally won, and now he thinks it's cool to push around the little kids in the league. Good for you KG, how tough you are.

cahawk
12-30-2008, 12:39 AM
So does Garnett slug defenseless players after they have blocked his shot like kobe?
Until laker fans come to grips with that and stop being in denial, I just hear the attacks on Garnett/celts as sour grapes from getting whupped for the NBA title.

cahawk
12-30-2008, 12:44 AM
BoltLakerPadre,
I agree, the league should investigate the Garnett to Boston trade.....
Right after the nba investigates the Fisher & Gasol trades to L.A..

It all smells, but I still can't help loving the old rivalry resurrected.
Something is fishy but in this instance, I forgive the NBA.

lakers4sho
12-30-2008, 12:52 AM
So does Garnett slug defenseless players after they have blocked his shot like kobe?
Until laker fans come to grips with that and stop being in denial, I just hear the attacks on Garnett/celts as sour grapes from getting whupped for the NBA title.

It's not only Laker fans that thinks KG became more arrogant.

cahawk
12-30-2008, 02:03 AM
Lakersforshow,

If that is true, that is too bad.
I will start watching for it.
And KG should remember, "he that gets cocky, may find the road rocky".

BTownTeamsRKing
12-30-2008, 02:06 AM
this is still going? lol

LA412
12-30-2008, 02:26 AM
theres a difference betweeen a hard screen and purposely throwing a shoulder into a player......its not a physical play........its a dirty play on a defenseless player.......kg does it all the time and gets a free pass.........its ******** and if and when he does mess with someone on the wrong day........he will get his **** wrecked

WSU Tony
12-30-2008, 03:13 AM

KG now plays for a premier team with a big market who's coming off of a championship year, Stern won't fine him. It's funny how superstars for big market teams get different treatment, isn't it? KG would never have pulled this crap while in Mini, that's for sure.

He's not the same guy.

Er1c
12-30-2008, 04:49 AM
dirty

UnWantedTheory
12-30-2008, 05:31 AM
This isnt that big of a deal, but it was a ****ed up screen. His shoulder did dip and the sideways position makes it look intentional, but what ya gonna do ya know? I have seen way worse, but that did look on purpose to me.

Nighthawk
12-30-2008, 10:05 AM
When marco what ever his name is brings the league as much money as KG does and actually becomes a face in this league...if its possible then we can talk. Until then take your screen from garnett and shut your mouth.

All you people yapping about this for 15 ****ING PAGES have no lives. this wont be garnetts last incident either. Im sure of that. GET OVER IT.

BLOMETSFAN
12-30-2008, 10:17 AM
It looked like just a hard screen to me, not malicious or anything. I have seen a lot worse but since it is KG and he is getting a reputation for playing dirty, everything he does is going to be picked apart.

JayW_1023
12-30-2008, 10:25 AM
If it was Mikki Moore doing that instead of KG no one would start a thread about it. This thread is CLEARLY biased.

No one complained in the old days when guys like Charles Oakley gave screens that were even harder than that. Hard fouls weren't penalize as flagrants. I for one wouldn't mind it one bit if the game got more physical.

I'm sick of every whiny thread everytime KG makes a physical play. Might as well start a thread about every physical play out there. Where is a thread on Dirks flagrant?

BRADY4MVP
12-30-2008, 10:31 AM
If it was Mikki Moore doing that instead of KG no one would start a thread about it. This thread is CLEARLY biased.

No one complained in the old days when guys like Charles Oakley gave screens that were even harder than that. Hard fouls weren't penalize as flagrants. I for one wouldn't mind it one bit if the game got more physical.

I'm sick of every whiny thread everytime KG makes a physical play. Might as well start a thread about every physical play out there. Where is a thread on Dirks flagrant?

couldnt have said it better...

the title to the thread should be changed: "Another Kevin Garnett Cheap Shot (just another hate thread)"

Faneik
12-30-2008, 10:54 AM
Where were these threads when Garnett played for the Wolves and didn't have a ring?

Now that the man has a ring, and does the same things he always did, he's a cheap bastard?

That's the downside of success, haters and jealous people come together.

Nycguy84
12-30-2008, 11:00 AM
This isn't the first or last incident KG will go on this year. He thinks he's the best player in the NBA (you're not). Winning the championship has given him a crazy ego.

If it's just his intensity why start barking, intimidating, & shouting at guards. Watch when he picks on someone bigger like Amare, Dwight Howard, or someone down that line. Last year there was an incident with Amare but KG didn't have the balls to go to his intimidation routine that he pulls on PG & SG's. Amare would have snuffed him to the floor.

Raps18-19 Champ
12-30-2008, 11:58 AM
Lol this has been going on for so long

It was an above average hit even though it isnt the most hardest of hits but it was definetely a fragrant foul<---Most people would agree

but IMO, i add that he leaned in so belinelli would fall on purpose

Raps18-19 Champ
12-30-2008, 11:59 AM
couldnt have said it better...

the title to the thread should be changed: "Another Kevin Garnett Cheap Shot (just another hate thread)"

no it should be changed to: "Another Kevin Garnett Cheap Shot(Homers start defending)

WSU Tony
12-30-2008, 02:08 PM
Where were these threads when Garnett played for the Wolves and didn't have a ring?

Now that the man has a ring, and does the same things he always did, he's a cheap bastard?

Open your eyes to see the problem is that he GOT a ring, he hasn't been the same guy since. He's acted like an idiot ever since he got that ring, he even walks with a swagger at this point. I'm sorry you didn't follow him while he was in Mini but he had very limited problems with players. Heck, I bet he had less run-ins with guys in his whole career with Mini than he's had THIS SEASON as a Celtic.

BRADY4MVP
12-30-2008, 03:12 PM
it was definetely a fragrant foul

no it should be changed to: "Another Kevin Garnett Cheap Shot(Homers start defending)

good one...or Kevin Garnett Cheap Shot(fans who don't know how to spell flagrant need not post):D

it was a hard pick, one that COULD have been called an offensive foul....but with success comes jealousy..and now everyone will find anything to hate on him for........when the league fines/suspends him, then make a thread...if he is playing basketball, let the guy play

next thread: KG sneezes, at the same time the wind gusts - undoubtedly because of him (if it is negative, it is KG).....the wind whips off a middle aged man's toupee in front of a crowd, causing great humiliation....League should suspend him because the guy wasn't as big as he was, and KG was 'picking' on him

:horse:

BRADY4MVP
12-30-2008, 03:13 PM
Open your eyes to see the problem is that he GOT a ring, he hasn't been the same guy since. He's acted like an idiot ever since he got that ring, he even walks with a swagger at this point. I'm sorry you didn't follow him while he was in Mini but he had very limited problems with players. Heck, I bet he had less run-ins with guys in his whole career with Mini than he's had THIS SEASON as a Celtic.

i think he got it from Brian Urlacher

Er1c
12-30-2008, 03:28 PM
kg is dirty

breedlove2drug
12-30-2008, 03:48 PM

no, i used to respect him because of the passion for the game... now he is just a joke with a championship ring..

you dont see kobe doing cheap shots after he won 3 rings

Faneik
12-30-2008, 03:56 PM
no, i used to respect him because of the passion for the game... now he is just a joke with a championship ring..

But I've seen him doing a cheap move, when he talked with the media criticizing a teammate's production (Bynum).

Btw, we were talking about Garnett, but I guess Kobe lovers can't help themselves and can't resist making a post without mentioning Kobe.

Raps18-19 Champ
12-30-2008, 04:51 PM
good one...or Kevin Garnett Cheap Shot(fans who don't know how to spell flagrant need not post):D

it was a hard pick, one that COULD have been called an offensive foul....but with success comes jealousy..and now everyone will find anything to hate on him for........when the league fines/suspends him, then make a thread...if he is playing basketball, let the guy play

next thread: KG sneezes, at the same time the wind gusts - undoubtedly because of him (if it is negative, it is KG).....the wind whips off a middle aged man's toupee in front of a crowd, causing great humiliation....League should suspend him because the guy wasn't as big as he was, and KG was 'picking' on him

wow im so offended. i spelled a word wrong

Raps18-19 Champ
12-30-2008, 05:19 PM

WTH is that?

Atleast think of something better

BALLER R
12-30-2008, 05:24 PM
Karma's a B**** thats all i have to say to KG

cwilson21
12-30-2008, 05:24 PM

No. He was too busy raping a girl in Colorado. Sorry if this is too soon.

Raps18-19 Champ
12-30-2008, 05:30 PM
No. He was too busy raping a girl in Colorado. Sorry if this is too soon.

lol

BRADY4MVP
12-30-2008, 05:40 PM
wow im so offended. i spelled a word wrong

geez, maybe it's a little too cold up there for you to see the sarcasm, along with the big smiley face?

WTH is that?

Atleast think of something better

maybe you should stick to cheering on your team to for the 8th seed, dont waste so much energy in here

dangrant75
12-30-2008, 05:41 PM
The topic is moving/hard screens, the answer is all the time. It's too bad I can't come up with specific incidents, lucky for me it was already done by a broadcasting team, with video footage.. Too bad cuz I would then have to agree with you, until then this is just sour grapes. I'm curious how much you commented on this when he was in Minn. or is it now relevant that he is on your rivals team?

[/QUOTE]KG plays dirty, and with a new level of swagger ever since a former Celtic (McHale) sent him to his old team in a trade that should have been investigated by the league. I mean after 22 years of futility, the Celtics finally won, and after a career of leading a team nowhere, KG finally won, and now he thinks it's cool to push around the little kids in the league. Good for you KG, how tough you are.[/QUOTE]
As someone else has pointed out, they should investigate this right after they investigate the Gasol trade or the Derek Fisher move. Those stink worse than the KG trade.

By the way KG was traded for 5 players and 2 first round draft picks......Gasol traded for 4 players and 2 first round picks, but they also recieved a second round pick with Gasol, not to mention that the only starter the Lakers traded at the time was maybe Kwame, and they signed Aaron McKie the day of the trade to put him in the move so the money would work.
Celts included Jefferson, Gomes and Telfair who were all starters at the time of the trade.

McHale is a horrible GM, he has proven this over and over again. I mean he just traded OJ Mayo for Kevin Love????? Plus if I'm not mistaken wasn't Jerry West the Grizz. GM when the Lakers made this trade?

Raps18-19 Champ
12-30-2008, 06:10 PM
geez, maybe it's a little too cold up there for you to see the sarcasm, along with the big smiley face?

maybe you should stick to cheering on your team to for the 8th seed, dont waste so much energy in here

I will so we can beat you in the playoffs :D

and BTW I knew you were joking i just wanted to answer back

a_roid_3333
12-30-2008, 06:21 PM
the original play was one thing, even tho it was cheap dirty and a ****** move, but talking trash after to marco? what a puuusssie

ttam68
12-30-2008, 06:31 PM
When marco what ever his name is brings the league as much money as KG does and actually becomes a face in this league...if its possible then we can talk. Until then take your screen from garnett and shut your mouth.

Wow thats ****ing pathetic. If you're even a fan of professional sports you should be ashamed. You're going to claim that because KG is more popular and creates more revenue he should be entitled to violate rules or receive special treatment? Pathetic. We all know its true but it sure as hell shouldn't be. Hence: this thread.

It looked like just a hard screen to me, not malicious or anything. I have seen a lot worse but since it is KG and he is getting a reputation for playing dirty, everything he does is going to be picked apart.

I would have no problem with the play if it were 1995. But, its about to be 2009. When refs call 35 fouls a game and guys like Kobe or Artest get suspended for the dumbest ****, its absurd that KG should get away with this week after week.

If the league becomes more physical, fine. But until then, can you honestly say that if Kobe or Artest made that same play they wouldn't be suspended? They're both stars and I'm sure they'd still hear about it. But because KG has the IQ of a dog, causing him to scream every play, his hard fouls are just "intense."

JOSETHEALLSTAR
12-30-2008, 07:02 PM
what a pansy

BRADY4MVP
12-31-2008, 10:22 AM
I will so we can beat you in the playoffs :D

and BTW I knew you were joking i just wanted to answer back

would be a fun match-up:clap:

nalej85
12-31-2008, 11:08 AM
I don't feel KG took a cheap shot...maybe a questionable moving screen at most. Now the following videos below are examples of real cheap shots.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=XhTjSrZi91Y&NR=1
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=onnKZi6XOus
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=7V8ZukXsWmk
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=oIQRCVSHzgA&NR=1
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=hYC95MziMJk
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Y6FOsBjD3ik

I think the worst has to be Bruce bowen vs Wally

LakerzDQ
12-31-2008, 11:21 AM
KG FINALLY went after a big man, Lamarcus Aldridge.

BRADY4MVP
12-31-2008, 12:37 PM
/\ /\ maybe he read this thread and saw all the haters??? :shrug:

junion
12-31-2008, 06:24 PM
I saw KG go after Outlaw with a cheap shot.

after outlaw (i think it was outlaw) dunked in kg's face, outlaw was running back, and kg "accidentally" threw out an elbow at outlaw's head. they replayed the dunk on bspn, and you can see kg trying to 'accidentally' catch an elbow to outlaw's face.

lakers4sho
12-31-2008, 06:31 PM

after outlaw (i think it was outlaw) dunked in kg's face, outlaw was running back, and kg "accidentally" threw out an elbow at outlaw's head. they replayed the dunk on bspn, and you can see kg trying to 'accidentally' catch an elbow to outlaw's face.

yeah he tried to, but failed.

DODGERS&LAKERS
12-31-2008, 07:04 PM

Hey man, thats just passion. Quit being a hater. Just cause he won a ring you bring up the fact that he threw an elbow at a guy after dunking on him. Where you complaining when he was in Minny throwing elbows? No just cause he is dirty in Boston you want to call him out on his BS. :rolleyes:

If you cant tell, I'm just acting like all KG/Boston fans. They think its cool to throw elbow at people. They think we should ignore the things he does because they might not have seen people complain when he was doing it 10 years ago. Have you guys ever thought that maybe people were complain about KG and his antics, and the fact that you guys didn't give a crap about him is why you did not notice it? I know a lot of people who have always thought KG was a punk. Just cause they did not get on the Internet and talk about it does not mean they are just now noticing it.

D-Leethal
12-31-2008, 07:13 PM
Honestly, its not that they are a great team or the champions why I dislike them, they don't win with class like the Spurs, they won one championship and it took 3 superstars that couldn't lead a team on their own to do it. They talk trash and gloat the fact that they have a ring like a bunch of stuck up lil biatches, and no matter what you want to think KGs antics against smaller PGs is uncalled for and straight up disrespectful you never saw Duncan do that or anything close and he has 4 of em

theuuord
12-31-2008, 07:19 PM
this topic ended 100 posts ago.

well, really 250 posts ago.

UNETOWNBAYAREA
12-31-2008, 07:41 PM
i watched that game. You really look at it it is a cheap shot. He stuck his elbow and shoulder out....