PDA

View Full Version : Great article on Foye

IowaAJ
12-28-2008, 04:23 PM
http://www.hoopsworld.com/Story.asp?story_id=11055

HOOPSWORLD caught up with Foye before the game as well and Randy admitted that this is a point of emphasis for his improvement. "One of the biggest things is whenever I am out there I am going to try and compete no matter what is going on. No matter if I just shot an airball or if I am 0-for-10 on the night, I'm going always try and compete," said Foye.

This month, Foye has steeped it up in a big way. Thru 13 games in December, Foye is averaging 17 points, to go a long with 4 rebounds and 4 assists. Foye's stellar play continued unabated Friday night, as the Timberwolves ended an agonizingly long 13-game losing streak by topping the slumping New York Knicks. Foye got off to a hot start and poured in 12 first quarter points, and would finish with 19 points on 8-of-15 shooting from the floor. Including Friday night's strong effort, Foye is averaging 23 points and 8 rebounds over his last three contests. (The rebounding average was bolstered by a record-setting 16 boards in Tuesday's loss in San Antonio.)

Which begs the question: is Foye a PG or a SG? Well, let's ask the man himself: "It really doesn't matter to me, I just see myself as a guard. I just go out there and whatever they ask me, I do. If they want me to pass the ball, I pass it. If they want me to score, I'll try to score. If they want me to lock down the best player on the other team then I'm going to try and do it," said Foye.

It has been a bad season but Foye is starting to play better for us which is good to see.

thesparky33
12-30-2008, 04:10 PM
Good article find, AJ.

I have noticed that since McHale has taken over, I see Foye's game approaching closer and closer to that 2nd option that we are all waiting for him to turn into.

I think he still has a ways to go, but I really like what I see.

IowaAJ
12-30-2008, 05:54 PM
Hey thanks Sparky it is good to see that he has improved. I was just wondering do we have Foye locked into a contract or do we need to resign him soon because I can't remember if we do have him signed to long contract. I think the best thing that Foye has learned is that he has been attacking the basket more and getting out and running the floor more. Sometimes he settles for jumpshots too often.

Mauersota
12-30-2008, 06:09 PM
If he can learn to get his teammates involved more I do think he can be a point in the NBA but that is a pretty big thing to do and learn. He is making less stupid passes, his tempo is getting a little faster. I've been one of the few constant Foye supporters so I am not surprised he is improving.

Hawkeye15
12-30-2008, 09:18 PM
I love that he has moved to the off guard. When Miller comes back, I think Gomes needs to go to the bench, and Miller to the 3. Foye is a 2 guard. And I think his 3 will come around eventually, he has been such a good shooter his first 2 years for this to continue. I am also impressed with his rebounding the past month. He may never be Roy, but hopefully he will turn into something that washes the bad taste out of our mouths when we watch Portland