PDA

View Full Version : Which player has the better chance to make it out of Round 1 this year? Tmac or Melo

JordansBulls
12-28-2008, 01:05 PM
Which player has the better chance to make it out of Round 1 this year? Tmac or Melo

daleja424
12-28-2008, 01:31 PM
Gotta be Melo. The Rockets are always injured and Chauncy has made the Nuggets legit...

innovator
12-28-2008, 01:46 PM
id say melo. but no.2 to no.8 in the west are pretty equal

Joshtd1
12-28-2008, 01:48 PM
I think its the Nuggets. If the Rockets could stay fully healthy, thats a different story..but I choose the Nuggets based on the fact that someone always seems to be injured for the Rockets when it comes playoff time.

NYMetros
12-28-2008, 01:57 PM
I'll go with the Nuggets. They seem like the better team at the moment.

MiamiHeat
12-28-2008, 03:00 PM
Same as everyone I'll go with the Nuggets

TMAC will still be the 2nd round virgin

DODGERS&LAKERS
12-28-2008, 03:04 PM
Ill go with the Rockets. I am only judging on what I see roster wise. Of course injuries play a part but they might affect the Nuggets this year instead of the Rockets. We dont know. So just looking at each teams makeup, the Rockets HAVE to be able to get out of the first round. If they dont, something is really wrong.

barreleffact
12-28-2008, 03:12 PM
easily tmac(if healthy. i do NOT see the nuggets as being able to take out the spurs, lakers, rockets, nor even the hornets. thats my top 4 to be in the semis.

Nexus
12-28-2008, 03:27 PM
I see a healthy Houston as a top 4 team in the league.

A Houston without one of TMac or Artest I see as about the same as Denver.

Without Yao, I can't see them doing much.

ugadawgsfan17
12-28-2008, 03:36 PM
Assuming Houston is healthy, I'd say it's them easily

Tmac,lt,berkman
12-28-2008, 04:05 PM
t-mac easily

Lakers4ItAll
12-28-2008, 04:27 PM
Tmac has the better team so he has the best shot.

GSW fan
12-28-2008, 04:42 PM
Both!

J-Relo
12-28-2008, 04:44 PM
Which player has the better chance to make it to the playoffs?

^^^^^
LA will get plus there are Hornets, Jazz, Suns, Blazers, Spurs, Mavs and with Nuggets and ROckets it becomes 9 teams, so one of them wont make it (in my opinion Blazers, but who knows)...

Lakersfan2483
12-28-2008, 04:45 PM
Assuming the Rockets are healthy (Who knows how that will turn out?), they have one of the top 5 rosters in the NBA and should make it out of the 1st round.

JOSETHEALLSTAR
12-28-2008, 05:22 PM
Tmac

what54!?
12-28-2008, 05:25 PM
Melo. As long as they don't play the Spurs or lakers in the first round the nuggets should advance

SUNDUNDIDIT
12-28-2008, 05:43 PM
The only reason Denver has exited the 1st round is because we've played teams that either won the championship or made it to the championship after they beat us.....So that manys any team that would've been in 8th, would got exited out the 1st round also.....

I think the Spurs and Lakers are the only west teams that can absolutely dominate the Nuggets in a 7 game series, but other then that, I think the Nuggets will be hard for any other west team for anybody to absolutely say for sure....

We've had either the Spurs or Lakers in the first round of the playoffs the last couple of years...And each team that has beat us in the 1st round has made it to the championship....If Nuggets finally get a chance to play someone else, then lookout.

goku
12-28-2008, 06:08 PM
t-mac

BRADfromOZ
12-28-2008, 06:12 PM
Tmac. Cause if he(TMac) stays out injured Ron will get us there through sheer determination.

Hustla23
12-28-2008, 06:12 PM
The Rockets have a championship caliber team when healthy.

If, and thats a huge IFFF they can stay healthy, I see the Rockets making it to the WCF and giving the Lakers a hell of a time.

JordansBulls
12-28-2008, 06:59 PM
The only reason Denver has exited the 1st round is because we've played teams that either won the championship or made it to the championship after they beat us.....So that manys any team that would've been in 8th, would got exited out the 1st round also.....

I think the Spurs and Lakers are the only west teams that can absolutely dominate the Nuggets in a 7 game series, but other then that, I think the Nuggets will be hard for any other west team for anybody to absolutely say for sure....

We've had either the Spurs or Lakers in the first round of the playoffs the last couple of years...And each team that has beat us in the 1st round has made it to the championship....If Nuggets finally get a chance to play someone else, then lookout.

Very true, but at the same time the Nuggets haven't won more than 1 game against either of them any year. Also didn't the Nuggets play the Clippers in 2006 in round 1?

SUNDUNDIDIT
12-28-2008, 07:16 PM
Very true, but at the same time the Nuggets haven't won more than 1 game against either of them any year. Also didn't the Nuggets play the Clippers in 2006 in round 1?

Yeah, nuggets didn't win not more then one game against spurs or lakers, but thats based on momentun...No team had to start the first round against the top champion appearing teams in the first round the past two years, so other teams had a chance to build that momentum against teams who didn't make it to the championship....It comes with bein an 8th seed team...

And yes, we lost to Clippers in 2006 without the A.I., or Billups caliber players.....We had Andre Miller leading the Guard position, and we were nowhere near as dangerous as Nuggets can be this year....But with A.I., we played against championship teams in the 1st round of the playoffs....And we were better with A.I., then we were when we played Clippers in 06 with Andre Miller.

dre1990
12-28-2008, 07:35 PM
Melo IMO

lakers4sho
12-28-2008, 07:47 PM
It depends because seeds 2-8 are literally not yet decided as of right now.

JordansBulls
12-29-2008, 12:42 AM
Yeah, nuggets didn't win not more then one game against spurs or lakers, but thats based on momentun...No team had to start the first round against the top champion appearing teams in the first round the past two years, so other teams had a chance to build that momentum against teams who didn't make it to the championship....It comes with bein an 8th seed team...

And yes, we lost to Clippers in 2006 without the A.I., or Billups caliber players.....We had Andre Miller leading the Guard position, and we were nowhere near as dangerous as Nuggets can be this year....But with A.I., we played against championship teams in the 1st round of the playoffs....And we were better with A.I., then we were when we played Clippers in 06 with Andre Miller.

I actually think the team was better with Andre Miller as a whole. Now I do believe you would have had a better chance to beat the Clippers with AI than with Andre.

SUNDUNDIDIT
12-29-2008, 01:15 AM
I actually think the team was better with Andre Miller as a whole. Now I do believe you would have had a better chance to beat the Clippers with AI than with Andre.

Nah we wasn't better....Because Andre didn;t develop a shot until he got with Philadelphia.....All he was good at was alleyoopin, and passin....But he added no dynamic with makin defenders guard him on the perimeter, which made the Nuggets look more predictable with their offensive schemes....

Nuggets were good with A.I., we just didn;t have the right chemistry with him and Melo....WE HAD sTEVE BLAKE at PG when we loss to the Spurs, and we had Carter when we lost to Lakers last year....Sure they weren't better then Andre, but Andre didn't have Iverson as an SG......And J.R. wasn't playin with as much intensity and consistency as he is now....Nuggets this year are better then they've ever been the past playoofs, and of course you didn't see that example in our last game in Houston....But every squirrel gets a nut, and every team has their bad games.....But it don't matter, if nuggets aren;t in the 8th seed this year, then watch out, thats all i'm sayin....Nuggets will be a difficult team in a 7 game series.

JordansBulls
12-29-2008, 11:18 AM
Nah we wasn't better....Because Andre didn;t develop a shot until he got with Philadelphia.....All he was good at was alleyoopin, and passin....But he added no dynamic with makin defenders guard him on the perimeter, which made the Nuggets look more predictable with their offensive schemes....

Nuggets were good with A.I., we just didn;t have the right chemistry with him and Melo....WE HAD sTEVE BLAKE at PG when we loss to the Spurs, and we had Carter when we lost to Lakers last year....Sure they weren't better then Andre, but Andre didn't have Iverson as an SG......And J.R. wasn't playin with as much intensity and consistency as he is now....Nuggets this year are better then they've ever been the past playoofs, and of course you didn't see that example in our last game in Houston....But every squirrel gets a nut, and every team has their bad games.....But it don't matter, if nuggets aren;t in the 8th seed this year, then watch out, thats all i'm sayin....Nuggets will be a difficult team in a 7 game series.

Yeah I think any team in the top 8 will be a tough out this year no matter if you are the #1 seed.

Here are 9 teams that could make it.

Lakers
Rockets
Hornets
Spurs
Nuggets
Jazz
Mavericks
Suns
Blazers

No matter what order it is the #1 seed will have a tough time with the #8 seed.

Vidball
12-29-2008, 12:20 PM
IMO Denver has almost no shot of making it out of the 1st round...if the Rockets are healthy, they do. TMac

SUNDUNDIDIT
12-29-2008, 12:26 PM
IMO Denver has almost no shot of making it out of the 1st round...if the Rockets are healthy, they do. TMac

How do you figure NO SHOT????

dnnug
12-29-2008, 12:51 PM
he's just being niave in his prediction.

The nuggets with Melo and Billups have a just as good if not better chance of moving on to round two then the Rockets.

JordansBulls
12-30-2008, 12:17 AM
http://sports.espn.go.com/nba/standings?season=2009&group=conference&seasontype=2&standType=standings

Looking at the standings it would be a Melo vs T-mac 1st round series.

29$JerZ
12-30-2008, 12:19 AM
I would go With Carmelo simply because having Billups has impacted his game and the entire way the Nuggets play. The last true PG they had was Miller, Billups brings Playoff experience along with another deadly shooter to a team who is great offensively.

Rockets are just too injury prone and inconsistent to make it to of anything but a hospital.