PDA

View Full Version : Nikolai Zherdev

Clevefan23
12-28-2008, 03:22 AM
Me being a blue jackets fan and was a big fan of Zherdev with his great stick skills wanted to know how u guys think he has played this season

B-West.Joba
12-28-2008, 06:52 AM
he's had a great year. his effort is what has surprised me because the word from columbus was that he was "an enigma", but the kid seems to have heart and he does come backcheck and help the d out. he has a lot of talent, and seems it doesnt show every night, but hes young, and is our point leader, so hes been a great pickup for us.

SLY WILLIAMS
12-28-2008, 10:21 AM
He has great hands and pretty good vision. The only thing he doesnt have that many other top scorers have is that top notch breakaway speed. I'm really glad we got him

rocowear21
12-28-2008, 02:47 PM
I love him, if it wasnt for him and Henrik we would be lost right now

jetsfan89
12-28-2008, 03:52 PM
we knew about the offensive talent but he's surprised us with the effort he's given especially backchecking and in the defensive zone. and he's our points leader so yeah we love him.

SLY WILLIAMS
12-28-2008, 05:20 PM
we knew about the offensive talent but he's surprised us with the effort he's given especially backchecking and in the defensive zone. and he's our points leader so yeah we love him.

That is true. He really has tried to buy in to our more defensive system although sometimes he tries some risky plays/passes. Nobody is perfect. :)

Rangers in 7
12-29-2008, 10:59 AM
i just wish out system was to score goals :(

Sandman42
12-29-2008, 04:00 PM
I'm sorry guys i love Zherdev and what he has done... but I think he's playing for a contract right now. I hope I'm wrong.

messleetch94
01-02-2009, 01:46 AM
He is an awesome talent. Sometimes he pulls me out of my seat with some of his moves. I think he keeps his linemates on their toes cause they are not even sure what he's going to do. They should re-sign him long term so he can buy a house in Brighton Beach.

Dashtary
01-02-2009, 03:15 AM
hey guys caps fan right here, just wondering if you guys are going to resign zherdev? he is a great player, with some of the best stick and skate skills, i really wish he was on my team, but are you guys trying to trade him or resign him?

Rangers in 7
01-02-2009, 01:27 PM
hey guys caps fan right here, just wondering if you guys are going to resign zherdev? he is a great player, with some of the best stick and skate skills, i really wish he was on my team, but are you guys trying to trade him or resign him?

no clue yet, id like to resign him tho

messleetch94
01-02-2009, 06:31 PM
They should give him an extension before he hits the market. He had showed he deserves it. Dubie needs to step up his game. Along with Cally and Dawes, he is a RFA. Cally and Dawes are stepping up their game, Dubie needs to do the same.

jetsfan89
01-02-2009, 07:45 PM
i think we're definitly gonna try to resign him, but sather has made this issue a bigger issue with his poor handling of the salary cap. not to mention we also have callahan and dawes as RFA as well, with staal and dubinsky and the RFA's from this year as well next year. we need, NEED to get rid of Redden.

arkanian215
01-04-2009, 03:22 PM
Me being a blue jackets fan and was a big fan of Zherdev with his great stick skills wanted to know how u guys think he has played this season

talent was always there. i think he's got a good role with us. hopefully he can keep his head on straight. (is money a factor in his effort?)

J4KOP99
01-06-2009, 06:48 PM
One of the consistent bright spots for the rangers this year.

He really can do some great things on the ice, a special player.

IU Hoosiers 3
01-07-2009, 06:17 PM
love him..and we had only to give up tyutin for him right? and we got fritsche who isn't the worst thing they could have thrown in.

messleetch94
02-01-2009, 02:23 PM
I'm glad that Renney is giving him more ice time. He is the only goal scorer they have. He made a great play last night where he gave up the puck and came back to make a great defensive play. He is shooting more, which he got away from up until recently, and is getting chances.

SLY WILLIAMS
02-01-2009, 02:51 PM
Great hands. Great vision. Great ability to pivot on his skates. Only thing separating him from much bigger offensive stars is that extra gear speed wise and some physicality. I'm glad we have him.

Grecs422
02-02-2009, 02:30 PM
He has played a great season i hadn't really heard much about him before this season so when we got him i was skeptical and didn't know what to expect but he has been playing extremely hard and has shown a lot of heart.

Grecs422
02-02-2009, 02:31 PM
love him..and we had only to give up tyutin for him right? and we got fritsche who isn't the worst thing they could have thrown in.

Fritsche not anymore lol

ShadyOne
02-02-2009, 07:08 PM
If the rangers could get a real goal scorer to play with him, he would be deadly. Seems every time he gets the puck, he has to make 2 or 3 of those crazy moves just to get a shot off. Surprisingly, when he feels the D on him, he looks to make the right pass, and usually is successful.

messleetch94
02-02-2009, 11:46 PM
That's what i love about him. He can make those 2 or 3 moves and still get the shot off. He reminds me of Kovalev when he first came on the scene. But he tried to do too much and turned the puck over a lot.

SLY WILLIAMS
02-03-2009, 11:15 AM
That's what i love about him. He can make those 2 or 3 moves and still get the shot off. He reminds me of Kovalev when he first came on the scene. But he tried to do too much and turned the puck over a lot.

That is a good comparison. I think Kovy was faster, quicker, stronger, and had a harder shot. I think Zherdev has better vision, and can pivot on his skates better. They both had great toe drags. Zherdev uses his toe drag a lot more though. Thats his pet move.

SOS
02-03-2009, 03:14 PM
He has easily been my favorite player this year. I shudder at the thought of where we would be without him.

SLY WILLIAMS
02-03-2009, 03:33 PM
It was a good trade for the Rangers. We also dumped a salary that some said we could not move in Backman.

The Mecca
02-04-2009, 12:05 AM
If the rangers could get a real goal scorer to play with him, he would be deadly. Seems every time he gets the puck, he has to make 2 or 3 of those crazy moves just to get a shot off. Surprisingly, when he feels the D on him, he looks to make the right pass, and usually is successful.

x2

messleetch94
02-04-2009, 10:27 AM
I like how he is shooting the puuck more now. That line with Drury dubi, and Nicky was flying all night. But before long, Renney will change it up.