PDA

View Full Version : Renney...

C-Rod
12-28-2008, 12:03 AM
:mad:better hope he doesn't lose to the lslander's on Monday..or he maybe looking for another job......l'm sorry..l like to be positive....but l don't like the direction this team is headed....Sure..we are first in our division, for now..but we are only 8 points ahead of 8th place Caroilna !!!!! Sorry Tom...you are paid to win....lf you can't do that..we'll find someone who will !!!!! ln my eyes, this team is one or two player's away from "hoisting" the cup...Let's not blow it !!!!!

knedragon
12-28-2008, 12:14 AM
yup,we need a defensemen or 2 and a new coach and we should heading in that direction.Funny thing is when we get a PP I cringe!I have no idea whats happeneing with our PP chances but most times its a chance for the other team to score!

Ny rAnGeRS 4EvA
12-28-2008, 02:20 PM
You know what yea it might be renney , slats , drury ... ect .. but the real problem is .. WE JUST LET THE OTHER TEAM PLAY ... We dont hit them we turned into a bunch of ****ies on ice .. Only tuff guy out there is my man orr and he sits for 52 min a game .. put his *** on the first line and watch .. send drury down to hartford cause hes HORRIBLE trade rozy .. leave potter up here ... and BRING AVERY BACK .. HE WAS THE HEART AND SOUL OF THIS TEAM WITH HIS STUPID **** AND DID ANYTHIN TO WIN .. IF YOU DONT THINK SO YOU NEVER WATCHED THE GAMES .. IF HES BAD IN TEH LOCKER ROOM TELL THOSE LIL GIRLS TO PULL UP THERE THONGS AND PLAY HARDER ... WHAT A JOKE THIS TEAM LOOKS LIKE .....

Ny rAnGeRS 4EvA
12-28-2008, 02:22 PM
Matter of fact .. Call jagr and see what they can work out cause that was another dumb move .. The ******* of the year award goes to slats... Hands down ..

Sandman42
12-29-2008, 04:03 PM
Renney is not the problem. Post-lockout he took us to the playoffs every year. He is doing what he can with the mess Slats has given him. The move was for Slats to step aside as GM and hire his boy Burke to be GM and fix this mess.

pappi81948
12-29-2008, 05:26 PM
Messier should be the GM and Tortorella the new coach......get both Sather and Renney outta here now and start fresh with guys that have some grit.

Who better to start with than Tortorella. He is an intense coach that knows a little something about offense and that is what this team needs now.....some offense.

Renney should have been kicked out last year but Sather needs to get off of his gravy train and let some new guys like Mess and John take it over. In another month, the Rangers will be closer to 8th seed than on top.

Desert Plains
01-04-2009, 11:54 AM
Okay, so the time has come for Renney to go. I was a big supporter of him - I liked the way he had the team playing last year and thought we were heading in the right direction.

But, I can't take this Power Play anymore. It's costing us games, and now not only can't we score with the man advantage, we're giving up short handed goals at an alarming pace. We're better off not putting a 5th player on the ice when the other team is down a man.

This has gone on far too long. Our Power Play has been a joke for over 2 years, and nothing is being done about it. With the talent we've had the past few years and now, there's no reason we shouldn't be in the top 10 in the league. Instead, we're now in the bottom 5. The fact that this is still not being addressed is a bad sign that Renney isn't doing his job and needs to go. Tortorella seems like a good option - we need to get someone with some fire and sense of urgency in here.

As for our GM, he should have been gone a long time ago. But Messier is not the answer. Great players and great leaders don't necessarily make great talent evaluators. Lets get an experience GM in here to replace Sather.

Gmennnnn24
01-04-2009, 09:14 PM
I agree and disagree with you rangers 4eva. We do need guys to hit and make the other team afraid to go in front of the net. But orr on the first line? Than Dru down to hartford? This team needs a go to guy who can score plain and simple. Not afraid to shoot the puck and drives to the net. And i agree 100% with rozsival, i dont know what it is with him he just is horrible.

jetsfan89
01-04-2009, 09:18 PM
roszival has played much better than before. he's just the fans personal whipping boy cause he struggled earlier. :shrug:

liltedspop
01-04-2009, 10:38 PM
Messier & Torterella would be a perfect fit here maybe even Laviolette but Renney & Sather both must be on the unemployment line THIS WEEK!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

cdjdcld
01-04-2009, 10:50 PM
Messier & Torterella would be a perfect fit here maybe even Laviolette but Renney & Sather both must be on the unemployment line THIS WEEK!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

:rock::hi5::cheers::clap::nod::dance:
couldnt have said better myself!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

messleetch94
01-05-2009, 10:08 AM
What I hate about Renney, is that when theres a bad goal against them, or a stupid penalty, he just stares chewing his tiny piece of gum. The coach has to have some fire in him before the players do.

messleetch94
01-05-2009, 10:14 AM
[
B]Find a job for Messier[/B]
January 4
New York Post

"You walk into the Garden and there's No. 11. You walk into the Rangers' practice rink and there's No. 11.

There's No. 11, all right, on the banners hanging from the ceiling of the Garden and on a wall of the practice rink signifying the retirement of the Captain's number.

But Mark Messier himself is conspicuous by his absence . . . not necessarily from the Rangers, but from the NHL. Well, OK, from the Rangers.

Coming up on five years after he played his last game, Messier is on the outside looking in while contemporaries such as Wayne Gretzky, Steve Yzerman, Al MacInnis and Ron Francis are making their marks in organizations around the league.

"My feeling was to take three of four years to spend with the kids and my family, but I'm ready to get back in the game," Messier told Slap Shots last week. "Hopefully there will be a position that's a good fit for me."

Understand. Messier is not campaigning for anyone's job. He is not suggesting he should be the next GM. He is not suggesting he should be the next head coach. He is, however, suggesting he's ready to get to work, and certainly would prefer to get to work for the Rangers.

"It's hard to say what I would or would not do; to me, it's a matter of finding the best way for me to contribute," Messier said. "In the past, I've talked about what my wish list might be in establishing a vision for a franchise, but it's a completely different discussion now that I'm ready to jump into the fray."

This is no surprise to Glen Sather, for Slap Shots has learned the GM and Messier had a lengthy discussion on the topic last June in Ottawa before the Entry Draft. There's been no job offer since.

"Obviously, my preference is to work with the Rangers," said Messier, who is planning to move back to New York next year with his family. "But at the same time, there has to be an open position and it has to be a position that makes sense for both parties." "

Click here for full article

http://www.nypost.com/seven/01042009/sports/rangers/find_a_job_for_messier_147139.htm

trueblue4life
01-05-2009, 05:31 PM
Sad all you people want Renney gone. Its not like they are in last place and going no where! Look at the standings! Look at where we are in the playoffs race!! They hit a rut BIG DEAL!! Some of you people when you have the URGE to type something negative towards the man should just back away let it go. This man is one HELL of a coach. Just think of ALL the personality types he has had to deal with inside the locker room and then look at his record at how successful he is. The ONLY thing i don't like is him not playing Prucha other than that I think he is a Genius and the team will rebound on one hell of a run.

SLY WILLIAMS
01-05-2009, 06:16 PM
Sad all you people want Renney gone. Its not like they are in last place and going no where! Look at the standings! Look at where we are in the playoffs race!! They hit a rut BIG DEAL!! Some of you people when you have the URGE to type something negative towards the man should just back away let it go. This man is one HELL of a coach. Just think of ALL the personality types he has had to deal with inside the locker room and then look at his record at how successful he is. The ONLY thing i don't like is him not playing Prucha other than that I think he is a Genius and the team will rebound on one hell of a run.
Not everyone wants Renney gone. Its funny some people bash our coach and our players yet we have a very solid winning record so if the players suck the coach must be doing something right and if the coach sucks then the players must have been doing something right. If the players and coach both suck then why are we 23-14-3? :)