PDA

View Full Version : OJ Mayo is playing the Timberwolves Monday

jwin2005
12-27-2008, 11:46 PM
Do you guys think he will just rip them apart for trading him away?

Will McHale witness the stupidest decision ever to trade Mayo for Love?

Jefferson25
12-27-2008, 11:48 PM
Mayo is going to probably destroy the Wolves I see him going for 40 points and just lighting us up. Seriously that was the stupidest trade ever to give away OJ Mayo (a star in the making) for fat butt Kevin Love who plays off the bench behind Al Jefferson.

FlawlessKB24
12-27-2008, 11:54 PM
love's fav player growing up was mchale. thats why he did the trade lmao

dodgersuck
12-28-2008, 12:11 AM
oj is ten times the player love will ever be

SensandRaps
12-28-2008, 12:19 AM
lol mchale a lot of stupid decisions so the mayo trade isnt anything new

Jefferson25
12-28-2008, 12:28 AM
Well there are those who think the Mayo for Love trade will actually pan out for the Wolves.

It will be interesting to see how Mayo performs Monday. If he goes for 40 points, many will say it was a horrible trade.

jwin2005
12-28-2008, 12:58 AM

Why do you say that? I think Love is awesome he has the full court outlet pass and everything.

What can Mayo do? Score 20ppg and guard good players?

cwilson21
12-28-2008, 01:15 AM
This is seriously in the NBA forum?

boeknows
12-28-2008, 02:05 AM
Well there are those who think the Mayo for Love trade will actually pan out for the Wolves.

It will be interesting to see how Mayo performs Monday. If he goes for 40 points, many will say it was a horrible trade.

So ur going to base the whole trade on one game?

SpaceCadet
12-28-2008, 02:14 AM
McHale is a dumbass, drafting two future superstars (Roy, Mayo) and trading them away for scrubs

LakerzDQ
12-28-2008, 03:10 AM
McHale is a dumbass, drafting two future superstars (Roy, Mayo) and trading them away for scrubs

yeah, damn.

imagine if the Wolves still had both, they'd be Al Jefferson+Brandon Roy+OJ Mayo.

blackjack_119
12-28-2008, 03:15 AM
yeah, damn.

imagine if the Wolves still had both, they'd be Al Jefferson+Brandon Roy+OJ Mayo.

I'm pretty sure if the Wolves had Brandon Roy, Kevin Garnett rather than Al Jefferson would be playing next to him.

blackjack_119
12-28-2008, 03:16 AM
Oh... and the signature is pretty fitting for this topic.

R32
12-28-2008, 03:25 AM
Oh... and the signature is pretty fitting for this topic.

Ebi rookie cards!?! :laugh2: :laugh: :dance2:

LakerzDQ
12-28-2008, 03:35 AM
I'm pretty sure if the Wolves had Brandon Roy, Kevin Garnett rather than Al Jefferson would be playing next to him.

well yeah, I guess they wouldn't have landed such a high pick on the 2008 draft either.

ugadawgsfan17
12-28-2008, 03:54 AM
McHale has some sort of "strength in numbers" strategy for these trades. He traded Roy and Mayo for a lot of players, none of them making huge impacts

Breatnach
12-28-2008, 09:22 AM
People always call it the "Mayo - Love trade". That would have been an awful trade.

But it was the "Mayo + bad contracts - Miller/Love Trade". On paper it doesn't sound all that bad.

In reality however, it sucks, because Miller has been infected with the Wolves' loser virus and has been either injured or playing like crap.

jwin2005
12-28-2008, 01:38 PM
Miller is being thrown into the trade discussion and will be traded for the right price.

The Wolves basically traded OJ Mayo for Love and salary cap space.

That is why it is such a horrible trade.

boeknows
12-28-2008, 11:05 PM
Miller is being thrown into the trade discussion and will be traded for the right price.

The Wolves basically traded OJ Mayo for Love and salary cap space.

That is why it is such a horrible trade.

If ur not going to include Miller then u have to include what Miller gets traded for.

Big Quett
12-29-2008, 01:07 AM
Why do you say that? I think Love is awesome he has the full court outlet pass and everything.

What can Mayo do? Score 20ppg and guard good players?

EXCATLY!!!!! I really dont remember anybody saying this was a good trade for Memphis. All of the ESPN "EXPERTS" said OJ would flop and be a bad fg% shooter. And he is shooting 46% and 41% from 3 point land. While the savor from UCLA is shooting 39%. Seriously 39% from your bigman are you kidding me?

I was ripped when i said Kevin Love was going to have trouble getting his shot off and guarding his position. Someone even told me that the Wolves would be contending for a playoff spot because of Love.

jwin2005
12-29-2008, 03:46 PM
EXCATLY!!!!! I really dont remember anybody saying this was a good trade for Memphis. All of the ESPN "EXPERTS" said OJ would flop and be a bad fg% shooter. And he is shooting 46% and 41% from 3 point land. While the savor from UCLA is shooting 39%. Seriously 39% from your bigman are you kidding me?

I was ripped when i said Kevin Love was going to have trouble getting his shot off and guarding his position. Someone even told me that the Wolves would be contending for a playoff spot because of Love.

well lets just say that MN is going to be waiting for the 2009 draft to make up for its mistakes... we are getting 4 first round draft picks (ours, Miami's, Utah's, and Boston's)

Lets root on Mayo tonight to kill the Wolves!

Gilbert>TheRest
12-29-2008, 04:41 PM
god mayos gonna be beast

Westbrook36
12-29-2008, 04:46 PM

Too Early right now. While I think OJ Mayo will be a complete beast Kevin Love is having himself a good season

Kevin Love: 22 MPG
7.5 PPG
7.8 RPG
1.1 APG
.6 BPG
38.7 FG % - Geww..

Mayo has been great but I really expect Kevin Love to become atleast a 15/10 Player.

The problem is that they have Al Jefferson who is really a PF and Love is a PF.

Goon.Weezy
12-29-2008, 05:26 PM
if they didnt trade mayo for love, it would have been the GAY-LOVE COMBO

Big Quett
12-29-2008, 08:50 PM
well lets just say that MN is going to be waiting for the 2009 draft to make up for its mistakes... we are getting 4 first round draft picks (ours, Miami's, Utah's, and Boston's)

Lets root on Mayo tonight to kill the Wolves!

Yeah wolves fan should be really excited to have the 23,26 and the 30th pick in the draft:clap: lol

And yeah we all know Minny with Mchale has a great draft record. Even if you do draft Blake you guys would probably trade him for Tyler Hansbrough and some magic beans. lol

I mean seriously how does McHale still have a job?

Hawkeye15
12-29-2008, 09:04 PM
this trade needs to be judged in a couple of years. If Love got 38 mpg, he would be challengind Dwight for the rebounding title right now. He will be a player, he just has to learn to finish or get to the line. Mayo is a scorer, and will always be just that. A damn good one at that however. And yes, if they kept Roy, KG would still be there, and Mayo or Love would never have been anywhere near Minny. The Roy-Foye trade is just as stupid as the Ray Allen-Marbury trade. The Wolves should make it an internal law that they will NOT trade on draft day after picking a player.

Big Quett
12-29-2008, 10:49 PM
this trade needs to be judged in a couple of years. If Love got 38 mpg, he would be challengind Dwight for the rebounding title right now. He will be a player, he just has to learn to finish or get to the line. Mayo is a scorer, and will always be just that. A damn good one at that however. And yes, if they kept Roy, KG would still be there, and Mayo or Love would never have been anywhere near Minny. The Roy-Foye trade is just as stupid as the Ray Allen-Marbury trade. The Wolves should make it an internal law that they will NOT trade on draft day after picking a player.

Ok can I ask you a question. Do you think Love will be anything more than a good role player?

ARMIN12NBA
12-29-2008, 11:08 PM
Mayo has 14 points in the middle of the fourth just to let everybody know.

theuuord
12-29-2008, 11:12 PM
lol @ calling this the worst trade ever 25 games into the main player's careers

mzgrizz
12-29-2008, 11:17 PM
Love has 17 and Mayo has 21 with 1 :20 to go in the game

Hawkeye15
12-30-2008, 12:01 AM
Ok can I ask you a question. Do you think Love will be anything more than a good role player?

I do. And this is non biased, if that is possible. I think Love will challenge for the rebounding title in his prime, and put up 16 ppg. So yes, I think Love will be a very good player. Mayo will light it up in the boxscores, but what does he do besides score? I will cut the dude a break, he is 21, but he better develop something other than hitting jumpers, or he is simply a glorified Ben Gordon

Hawkeye15
12-30-2008, 12:03 AM
Mayo has 14 points in the middle of the fourth just to let everybody know.

and Love finished with 17-7, with the win, so everyone knows. Love leads the NBA in offensive rebounds per 48 as well, if anyone cares.

WSU Tony
12-30-2008, 03:17 AM
Mayo is going to probably destroy the Wolves I see him going for 40 points and just lighting us up. Seriously that was the stupidest trade ever to give away OJ Mayo (a star in the making) for fat butt Kevin Love who plays off the bench behind Al Jefferson.

god mayos gonna be beast

Love had a better game than Mayo. :)

Big Quett
12-30-2008, 12:01 PM
I do. And this is non biased, if that is possible. I think Love will challenge for the rebounding title in his prime, and put up 16 ppg. So yes, I think Love will be a very good player. Mayo will light it up in the boxscores, but what does he do besides score? I will cut the dude a break, he is 21, but he better develop something other than hitting jumpers, or he is simply a glorified Ben Gordon

You didnt answer my question. I asked whether he would be more than a good role player. Which is what he is. David lee is a great rebounder. But that doesnt make him a great player. He is still a role player. I think David Lee is Love's max out. You dont draft somebody top 5 to be a good or role player. You draft somebody that high to be your star. And OJ is clearly going to be that.

OJ is more than a scorer he is a defender and an underrated playmaker. Although his assist numbers dont tell the story. And i think that has to do more with the coaching than anything. And he is a leader and hard worker. And he is clutch. if you would have seen him against San Antonio you have seen how clutch he was. He should have won that game but the ref stole it from us. And did you see that game last nite? He was 9 for 12 going into overtime and he doesnt even touch the ball until 2 mins to go? That is not his fault that was coaching.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=9pvHjn5eg4E

And another thing he is by the way still a rookie so that means he is only going to get better. He is already better than Ben Gordon imo. And gordon is what a 4th year guy? I believe that is saying something.

And when does Ben Gordon care about defense. Ben Gordon is nothing more than a shooter.

Big Quett
12-30-2008, 12:03 PM
Love had a better game than Mayo. :)

No he didnt Love just a had a better coach than him. OJ was 9 for 12 going into overtime. And Rudy ballhogged the ball from him.

WSU Tony
12-30-2008, 02:05 PM
No he didnt Love just a had a better coach than him. OJ was 9 for 12 going into overtime. And Rudy ballhogged the ball from him.

Sounds like a cop out to me. :p

Hawkeye15
12-30-2008, 02:16 PM
You didnt answer my question. I asked whether he would be more than a good role player. Which is what he is. David lee is a great rebounder. But that doesnt make him a great player. He is still a role player. I think David Lee is Love's max out. You dont draft somebody top 5 to be a good or role player. You draft somebody that high to be your star. And OJ is clearly going to be that.

OJ is more than a scorer he is a defender and an underrated playmaker. Although his assist numbers dont tell the story. And i think that has to do more with the coaching than anything. And he is a leader and hard worker. And he is clutch. if you would have seen him against San Antonio you have seen how clutch he was. He should have won that game but the ref stole it from us. And did you see that game last nite? He was 9 for 12 going into overtime and he doesnt even touch the ball until 2 mins to go? That is not his fault that was coaching.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=9pvHjn5eg4E

And another thing he is by the way still a rookie so that means he is only going to get better. He is already better than Ben Gordon imo. And gordon is what a 4th year guy? I believe that is saying something.

And when does Ben Gordon care about defense. Ben Gordon is nothing more than a shooter.

At this point of Mayo's career, you will not be able to convince me that he will ever be more than a scorer. And Foye went around him like he wasn't even there. He doesn't rebound, he is an average defender at best. He will be a very good scorer in the NBA, with many years of 20+ ppg, but I just don't see anything else. I think Gordon is better right now. In fact, they are so similar, that I have called Mayo a Gordon clone for a long time. I don't know what Love will turn into, and I don't know what Mayo will turn into, but my opinions are mine, and I am not changing them until I see something that makes me. I think Love outplayed him last night, but, they never guard each other, and play different positions, so that is coming from the effect each had on the game overall.

Hawkeye15
12-30-2008, 02:19 PM

Minnesota doesn't have a better coach than a high school program. they won because 2 rookies have no business guarding Al jefferson. I was surprised Mayo didn't get more involved, but Minny doubled him in OT and late in the game. That was the first game all year that Love actually had a play run for him. If the guy could get 35 mpg, which I have no idea why he doesn't (There is that coach I was talking about), he is a double double machine. And you see he is already one of the best passing big men out there.

thesparky33
12-30-2008, 03:58 PM
Yeah wolves fan should be really excited to have the 23,26 and the 30th pick in the draft:clap: lol

And yeah we all know Minny with Mchale has a great draft record. Even if you do draft Blake you guys would probably trade him for Tyler Hansbrough and some magic beans. lol

I mean seriously how does McHale still have a job?
He got relieved from GM duties, and got demoted to coaching, so he did get fired in a sense, but not technically since he's still got a job.

HAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHA! You do know that Kevin McHale is our coach now... the same guy everyone is calling an idiot...

Big Quett
12-30-2008, 06:37 PM
HAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHA! You do know that Kevin McHale is our coach now... the same guy everyone is calling an idiot...[/QUOTE]

I never thought McHale was a bad coach just a terrible GM. And his record back that up.

And that was more of a shot at our own coach then anything else. Mayo was 9 for 12 going into overtime. Rudy was 4 for 13 going into overtime. But yet the coach calls 4 straight ISO's for Rudy and he promptly misses them all. And Mayo doesnt touch the ball until 2 mins to go when the game was basically over. That is coaching or lack there of.

WES445
12-30-2008, 06:57 PM
If we had gotten the third pick, Mayo would be a Bull. Maybe the second as well. Great video R32

jwin2005
12-31-2008, 12:23 AM
Love got the win (which means nothing). Mayo is still the superior player who will be a star. Seriously Minnesota needed a inside out combination with a superior front court player (they do in Al Jefferson) and a superior back court player (they traded him away). OJ Mayo would have been the perfect compliment to Jefferson.

It is one of the worst trades made in the last couple years (besides Gasol to L.A.)

boeknows
12-31-2008, 02:45 AM
HAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHA! You do know that Kevin McHale is our coach now... the same guy everyone is calling an idiot...

I never thought McHale was a bad coach just a terrible GM. And his record back that up.
And that was more of a shot at our own coach then anything else. Mayo was 9 for 12 going into overtime. Rudy was 4 for 13 going into overtime. But yet the coach calls 4 straight ISO's for Rudy and he promptly misses them all. And Mayo doesnt touch the ball until 2 mins to go when the game was basically over. That is coaching or lack there of.[/QUOTE]

You mean his 20 and 21 record? I didnt realize that was a good coach.