PDA

View Full Version : Cavaliers interested in Gerald Wallace?

Heathmalc
12-27-2008, 10:22 PM
Well, the rumors started in the off-season, when the Cavaliers and Bulls were discussing a trade that involved Luol Deng and Anderson Varejao. Rumors were being passed around that the Cavaliers had some preliminary discussions with the Bobcats about Gerald Wallace.
The deal with the Bulls fell through, as Chicago wanted too much (or so it was said), so the Cavaliers were talking with Milwaukee and Charlotte about Mo Williams and Raymond Felton. The way I heard the rumor, was that the Cavaliers wanted Raymond Felton and Gerald Wallace + filler and a 1st round pick for Wally Szczerbiak and Anderson Varejao. Supposedly, the Bobcats countered with a 2nd rounder instead of a 1st round pick.
Meanwhile, Chris Grant was talking with Milwaukee about Mo Williams. Grant calls Ferry and the Cavs work a three way with Presti/OKC and the Bucks, and the Cavaliers ended discussions with Charlotte.

Now.. the rumors are back. A few weeks ago Michael Reghi, the former color commentator and current radio personality, mentioned that the Cavaliers may still be interested in Wallace. Then, a couple days ago, while filling-in for Munch on ESPN 850am, Reghi said he was convinced that Wallace was headed to the Cavaliers. Since then, Fox sports radio and ESPN radio has said there were rumors about a possible deal.

The Bobcats want Brad Miller... someone that the Cavaliers are also interested in. Sacramento offered the Cavaliers Miller for Wally and Hickson, and Ferry reportedly hung-up on Petrie. However, the Kings are very interested in Wally's expiring contract, and since the Cavaliers are interested in Wallace... perhaps a three-way deal can be worked out? I also find it a heck of a coincidence that Charlotte has Alexis Ajinca, whom the Cavaliers thought about drafting before taking Hickson. Ajinca is a true 7-footer, with a 7'9 wing-span. He also has range all the way out to the NBA 3-point line. He is skinny (240), but has a ton of potential.

Maybe the Cavaliers send Hickson, Wally and Sasha to Sacramento, Bobcats get Brad Miller, send Ajinca and Wallace to Cavs, and Sacramento send a 2nd to Cavs.

Anyway.. that last part is just me musing. I guess there are a lot of scenarios...but the Cavaliers may be willing to part with Hickson for a young Center who Zydrunas could mentor, plus Wallace and a 2nd round pick. I do know that Mike Brown REALLY likes Darnell Jackson. The Cavs like Hickson a lot too...but for the right price....

kingshiz
12-28-2008, 01:05 AM
that would be sweet if the cavs do that that would help them get 2 to the chamionship they would haev some 1 tall that can back z up an then they could have a small forward -shooting gaurd in gerald wallace that plays good defense an can give them 15 points a game...

Heathmalc
12-28-2008, 03:58 AM
Yeah... The Cavaliers may even be willing to take-on Mikki Moore's contract. It's only two years (including this year), and he is a 7-footer. So maybe the Cavs take him too... I know Sac wants to dump him if they can.

Cavs_Fan24
12-28-2008, 02:14 PM
The Cavs will eventually make a move but it probably wont be any time soon. I really doubt that we trade Hickson because it's his first year and he has potential. But i agree, for the right price... who knows?

kingshiz
12-28-2008, 04:14 PM
lets keep hickson an get rid of darnell jackson an lets play jaywad willams so we could get rid of wally sczczerbiak eric snow an darnell jackson an 2nd round pick for gerald wallace an boris diaw

CHief_0_o_Wahoo
12-29-2008, 04:43 AM
It's interesting to say the least.

I always thought he would be a good fit in Brown's system.

Heathmalc
12-29-2008, 05:50 PM
I have been checking the Bobcats forums... and all of them are pretty-much united in saying they dont want to see Wallace traded.

They definitely aren't getting rid of Diaw... they are EXTREMELY happy with that trade!

They dont want to lose Wallace unless it is for a similar talent (Which I can understand)...
I wish I knew "for sure" what value Larry Brown and the Charlotte front office placed on Gerald.
I'd be willing to send Darnell, a first round pick and Wally to Sacramento for Moore and Brad Miller (Miller would go to Charlotte) and Gerald Wallace would come to us.

IndiansFan337
12-29-2008, 10:25 PM
Cleveland Interested In Gerald Wallace?

Bobcats' forward Gerald Wallace's name remains a mainstay in trade rumors, and the Cavaliers could have interest.

Many believe that Wallace would work well off the bench for Cleveland, and a deal involving Eric Snow, Sasha Pavlovic, and Tarence Kinsey might be able to get the job done.
Vie News Herald

That sure would improve our teams talent pool, even though it would also add long term contracts. That would be a good trade, IMO. I would much rather have Wallace as our backup swingman than Gibson, Pavlovic or Wally. He would improve our D overall, and give us that big backup guard that we lack. With West as our top defensive big G that is about the only thing we are lacking. Wallace could fill that void late in games.

airjesus50
12-29-2008, 10:38 PM
This would be a sick pick up...

airjesus50
12-29-2008, 10:39 PM
and do you have a real link?

kingshiz
12-29-2008, 10:59 PM
that wouldnt be a bad idea but we really need a big man to back up z that would help alot but i do want wallace on this team but i would like to bring in a guy like andrea bargniani he would be sweet

Heathmalc
12-29-2008, 11:20 PM
Well, from what Charlotte fans are saying on all of their forums, is that Gerald isn't going anywhere.

Heathmalc
12-29-2008, 11:24 PM
It is a real story. It is in Bob Finnan's blog. It was "his" suggestion on the trade... so there are no other sources... just what was said here.

However, it seems unlikely to me because I have went to a LOT of Bobcat forums, and asked around...and about 98% of them want Wallace to stay. They also insist that Larry Brown likes him. So, I am doubting that it happens... although it would DEFINITELY cement us as the favorites to win it all.

CHief_0_o_Wahoo
12-30-2008, 03:33 AM
So we could have a lineup and bench that look like this:

PG: Mo Williams/ Daniel Gibson/ Delonte West
SG: Delonte West/ Gerald Wallace/ Wally
SF: LeBron James/ Gerald Wallace/ Wally
PF:Ben Wallace/ Varejao/ Gerald Wallace
C: Z/ Varejao/ *Player to be named later

I put * cause we might decide to trade a big for a big.

I would like to have Wallace obviously.

I do think he would come off the bench even though he could start at SG or SF (more likely SF). But West is playing well as a starter and the offense flows really good right now.

LeBron would have a lot of things come off his work load. He would be able to rest more overall.

Definitely looking forward to seeing if this unfolds our way.

kingshiz
12-30-2008, 04:48 AM
first off we would have 2 trade wally an are 1st round pick an maybe even tarence kinsey i like gerald wallace but they would want alot in return 4 gerald wallace just because of his talent they would want some one that would help fill his roll even if it takes 2 guys im sure they would want A.V. tho because he is a good roll player

IndiansFan337
01-01-2009, 06:41 PM
and do you have a real link?

It is from a site that we can not link to, due to many various problems.

If you search the News Herald site you will find the real article.

IndiansFan337
01-01-2009, 06:44 PM
Well, from what Charlotte fans are saying on all of their forums, is that Gerald isn't going anywhere.

Of course they're saying that....B/c this trade would obviously not improve them talent-wise. It would add 2-3 more top draft picks to their team, and clear some cap space.

And after seeing what they traded J-Rich for, I am not convinced that Wallace is staying put. I'm not saying that our offer will get him, but I don't see them retaining his services much longer.

He sure would be an expensive backup. But he is a great overall player. And he could move into our starting lineup when necessary (whether it be via injury, struggle, or departure). Wallace is a player that I would love on this squad. Another tremendous athlete. And honestly, I think that bringing him off the bench would humble him tremendously. That would improve him as a basketball player.

infamous
01-02-2009, 12:48 AM
If we manage to get G-Force why bring him off the bench? Can he not play in the SG position? or maybe move Lebron to SG?

CHief_0_o_Wahoo
01-02-2009, 01:42 AM
If we manage to get G-Force why bring him off the bench? Can he not play in the SG position? or maybe move Lebron to SG?

Well sure it would make sense to do that he is averaging 16ppg and 7rpg, but with West playing great in the 2 and the fear that we may mess with success at least from a starting line up stand point, no he won't start.

(at least not every game, we could use him in situations where the 2 guard is too big for West.)

IndiansFan337
01-07-2009, 12:22 PM

West wouldn't go to the bench now.

The chemistry between our starting lineup is too good to be messed with. That's why most of the trades you're seeing involving the Cavs are no longer for star players.

kingshiz
01-07-2009, 06:38 PM
G-Force in cleveland = championship...

Cavs_Fan24
01-08-2009, 09:09 PM
I still don't like the idea of trading Hickson. He's got a lot of upside and whenever i see him play i can see the explosiveness he'll bring to the floor for the Cavaliers when he gets bettter and more experienced.

joeboow90
01-09-2009, 01:14 PM
i would do that trade with the Bobcats in a second if i was the Cavs...Ray Felton Gerald Wallace, 2nd round pick for Varejao, Sasha Pav, Wally...that would make them alot better and deeper...

PG - Delonte/Felton
SG- Mo Will/G Wallace
SF - Lebron
PF- Ben Wallace
C- Z

that would be a nice *** team IMO...definately have as good a shot as any1 at the Celts

CHief_0_o_Wahoo
01-09-2009, 01:19 PM
i would do that trade with the Bobcats in a second if i was the Cavs...Ray Felton Gerald Wallace, 2nd round pick for Varejao, Sasha Pav, Wally...that would make them alot better and deeper...

PG - Delonte/Felton
SG- Mo Will/G Wallace
SF - Lebron
PF- Ben Wallace
C- Z

that would be a nice *** team IMO...definately have as good a shot as any1 at the Celts

It's unlikely for us to get Wallace, and adding a unnecessary point guard when we already are three deep is well stupid and a waste.

By the way why would Mo play SG? When Delonte West plays SG, and Mo plays PG..

dwiduck
01-10-2009, 07:05 PM

PG - Delonte/Felton
SG- Mo Will/G Wallace
SF - Lebron
PF- Ben Wallace
C- Z

I think the Cavs would be better off NOT making that deal, Felton is an unnecessary addition and that trade would make us incredibly shallow at the 4 and 5

Cavs_Fan24
01-10-2009, 09:16 PM
We're perfectly fine right now as it is. I'm sure there's a trade coming but i doubt Gerald Wallace or anybody on the Bobcats are Cleveland-bound.

Heathmalc
01-12-2009, 08:58 AM
Link:http://www.charlotteobserver.com/bob...ry/465253.html

"Brown wasn't so complimentary toward Wallace, who didn't play after leaving the game with just under nine minutes left in the third quarter and the Bobcats down eight. Wallace totaled 20 minutes, finishing with five rebounds, one assists, no points and no shot attempts.

“I didn't think he had any energy,” Brown said of Wallace. “I didn't think he was running. When Adam (Morrison, 11 points and three assists) came in, he gave us a lot of energy.”

Wallace said he was “very surprised” by the benching: “I was never told why he took me out.”

Told Brown said it was about energy, Wallace replied, “Everybody has their own opinion. I guess he felt I wasn't playing up to par.”

Coach Larry Brown and Gerald Wallace continue to butt heads. This is the fourth time they have had a problem that has reached the papers. I am almost 100% positive that Charlotte will move him for the best offer they can get before the deadline.

FlashTastic One
01-12-2009, 09:38 AM
Why would Wallace come off the bench? Wallace is a beast.

CHief_0_o_Wahoo
01-12-2009, 01:30 PM
Why would Wallace come off the bench? Wallace is a beast.

Read previous posts!

We don't want to mess with the starting line up.

IndiansFan337
01-12-2009, 11:51 PM

PG - Delonte/Felton
SG- Mo Will/G Wallace
SF - Lebron
PF- Ben Wallace
C- Z

The Bobcats wouldn't make that trade.

And we surely cannot afford to trade Varejao, at this point.

CHief_0_o_Wahoo
01-13-2009, 10:46 AM
The Bobcats wouldn't make that trade.

And we surely cannot afford to trade Varejao, at this point.

Not to mention how pointless having Felton would be.