PDA

View Full Version : 2009 Draft

Agent008
12-27-2008, 08:49 PM
Thirty games into the season and we have the fourth worst record in the league. Given the way the season is going, I can't help but look forward to this year's draft. I think that Blake Griffin is the clear-cut #1 pick and for us Ricky Rubio would be a solid second option. After those two, the picture gets a little more fuzzy. It's obvious we have a big need at PG, so Brandon Jennings would make a lot of sense. But, after watching last night's game against Toronto, I think that Thabeet from UConn deserves some consideration. I know that we have Hawes and that he has looked really good for us so far, but our team needs a defensive anchor in the post. Thabeet is a 7'3 version of Emeka Okafor. He may never blossom into an offensive star, but I think that you can pencil him in for double-digit rebounds and around 3 blocks per game.

sacgiants1213
12-27-2008, 10:41 PM
brandon jennings... i've been on the jennings bandwagon ever since loss number 1. Hes a franchise type pg that will help now and in the future. Drafting him would mean a lot less of beno (for all you beno haters) so hope we get jennings!!!!

Kings Faithful
12-27-2008, 11:42 PM
Jennings is who we want. **** Udrih.

Kyle916
12-28-2008, 03:28 AM
Jennings looks to be the best fit.

jmtapia
12-29-2008, 10:14 PM
IM on board with a star PG...and Jennings fits that bill.

Agent008
12-29-2008, 11:37 PM
It looks like everyone is on board with drafting Jennings. I would prefer Rubio, but I'll confess that I've never seen Jennings play.

Do you guys have any thoughts about our pick from the Rockets? If we don't draft a PG with our pick, there are a lot of PGs who still may be available with the Rockets' pick - Darren Collison, Patrick Mills, Jonny Flynn, Nick Calathes. Another player to look at is Jarvis Varnado out of Mississippi State.

subversive
12-30-2008, 01:44 AM
My preference is Rubio, but the word is he won't go to the NBA until 2010. I hear a lot about Jennings, but I've never seen him play. I'm sure there are Youtube videos of him dunking, but that doesn't always translate to running a team. The reason I like Rubio is based on reports of how he leads his team, plus he plays defense. Lately I've been thinking the Kings should draft Stephen Curry. I've seen him play several times and he seems to be a proven shooter and a team leader. He'd stretch out the opposing teams' defenses. I feel like he's a sure bet. Maybe go for Curry and get a free agent pg. Meanwhile, what is up with Beno? Is he hurt? Has he lost all confidence? Is the team's strategy just not working for him? He seemed decent last year. Now, he's pathetic. If he had any character he should refund half of this year's salary.