PDA

View Full Version : Why Utah is struggling!

kurtismurray
12-26-2008, 04:07 PM
Although the Jazz are still in the playoff hunt... Their record of 17-13 may not seem all that impressive to most. However, The Jazz have had more injuries than anyone else in the league. Deron Wiliams missed 13 games, Boozer is 18 and counting, Okur has missed atleast 8-10, Collins out all season, Knight has missed atleast 10 games, D-Will is still trying to recover too. Now Millsap is out 7-10 days with a tough upcoming schedule. Millsap recorded 16 straight double-doubles and would've had 17 straight if he would've played all of last game without injury (11 pts. 9 rebs). Imagine the Lakers losing Kobe, Gasol and Odom, that is how valuable Deron, Booz, Okur and Millsap are to the Jazz, not talking bout skill, VALUE! Or Boston losing the Big 3. Jerry Sloan has done an extraordinary job of leading the Utah Jazz to a 17-13 record despite a rocky schedule and KEY injuries.

DrDEADalready
12-26-2008, 04:16 PM
Welps Millie actually had 15 was going for 16 agains the bucks. but injuries are key to why we have lost so many games. but look at it this way we are actually 2 games ahead from what we were last year at this points so givin the injuries. we are actually doing a better job with less people.

st3voness
12-26-2008, 04:38 PM
Injuries a part of the game.. how a team responds to adversities like injuries defines a team and how the coaching staff adjusts.

So far, Utah = fail.

still1ballin
12-26-2008, 04:49 PM
Injuries.

b_russ
12-26-2008, 05:51 PM
Injuries a part of the game.. how a team responds to adversities like injuries defines a team and how the coaching staff adjusts.

So far, Utah = fail.

You've got to be kidding me??? They have a winning record with all of the injuries and you still grade them as an F? I'm not going to say that they've been amazing or anything but they have done a really good job "responding to adversities."

JordansBulls
12-26-2008, 06:31 PM
Although the Jazz are still in the playoff hunt... Their record of 17-13 may not seem all that impressive to most. However, The Jazz have had more injuries than anyone else in the league. Deron Wiliams missed 13 games, Boozer is 18 and counting, Okur has missed atleast 8-10, Collins out all season, Knight has missed atleast 10 games, D-Will is still trying to recover too. Now Millsap is out 7-10 days with a tough upcoming schedule. Millsap recorded 16 straight double-doubles and would've had 17 straight if he would've played all of last game without injury (11 pts. 9 rebs). Imagine the Lakers losing Kobe, Gasol and Odom, that is how valuable Deron, Booz, Okur and Millsap are to the Jazz, not talking bout skill, VALUE! Or Boston losing the Big 3. Jerry Sloan has done an extraordinary job of leading the Utah Jazz to a 17-13 record despite a rocky schedule and KEY injuries.

Well unless the Jazz know for sure that Boozer will come back to play, they should consider trading him.

jimbobjarree
12-26-2008, 07:46 PM
Well unless the Jazz know for sure that Boozer will come back to play, they should consider trading him.

seriuously dude you have issues with Boozer, you need to get them sorted you make a thread about him every day, its getting boring. This is nothing to do with trading Booz its about injuries (though i think we should trade him now to strengthen another area of the team if we continue to struggle)

and second, these injuries are so frustrating. We keep giving bragging rights to scrubs, scrubs we know we could have beat if maybe we had Booz in for a certain play, or Okur to make a clutch jumper. Even against the Cavs we were still in it in the 4th quarter, I think if we'd have had D Will and Memo in that game we would have beaten them, but no, maybe wins dont count so we may as well forget it. Toinight against the Mavs we have Koufos and Fesenko to cover the PF and C positions...maybe a lil AK at PF, against the Mavs we should get crushed.

But we have more wins than we had this time last season, so thats a positive I suppose. But so far we've been losing our games to Eastern scrubs, we have Houston on Saturday, and if we lose that, injuries or no injuries we will be destroyed on here by their fans (their fans have a very strange obsession with Utah)

and like someone said with the Lakers, we can lose however many games, but when we are fully confident, I really am confident we could take any team, I hope we get to rough up the Lakers in the WCF this year.

Ansy
12-26-2008, 08:09 PM
Doesn't everyone already know this?

FOBolous
12-26-2008, 11:32 PM
i think they're doing pretty well considering all the injuries they had