PDA

View Full Version : Merry Christmas:Lakers stop Celtics streak!

Mr.3XP3RT
12-26-2008, 05:03 AM
Just looking threw here and im seeing no one has made a thread of Lakers beating Celtics, i guess everyone in here are celtics fans lol...so quiet after today's game in los angeles.well as basketball fans seen Lakers are still that finals team but with a addition of a atimidating big man in the middle.Now lakers are matched well with the celtics.i was impressed with Lakers defense it was so shocking to see celtics make all those turn overs and looked like they were the one's who were lost during the game it was jaw droping,looked like celtics got dominated and couldnt hang.Im not a lakers fan just from my point of view from the game i watched,Lakers at there best are unstopable i mean it,not even cavaliers can hang when Lakers are at there best im sorry to say that Cavalier fans i like them aswell but seem's Lakers right now are the better team in the NBA.i know one game say's nothing but if you guys seen it it actually said alot of what each squad can do to the other.

bostncelts34
12-26-2008, 10:18 AM
what?lol

Lakers beat us yes. But

1. They didnt dominate us. It came down to the last few possesions.

2. Bynum did not intimidate them at all

3. Celtics are still the better team, and if someone says the lakers are because of one game, ur a ******. Celtics just won 19 games in a row and ar 27-3 lol

lynchgagne
12-26-2008, 10:25 AM
what?lol

Lakers beat us yes. But

1. They didnt dominate us. It came down to the last few possesions.

2. Bynum did not intimidate them at all

3. Celtics are still the better team, and if someone says the lakers are because of one game, ur a ******. Celtics just won 19 games in a row and ar 27-3 lol

this game meant more from the lakers standpoint then it did for the celtics...but i did take 3 things away from this game

1. lakers took this victory is wasnt given to them they made the plays down the stretch while the celts fell apart.

2. bynums and arizas presence were felt and ur a fool if u say other wise ..

bynums 9 points 7 rebs 2 blocks and kept perkins and powe off the offensive boards

ariza 2 great hustle plays that change the momentum at 2 different parts of the game

3.they didnt miss a beat with out farmar .. and fisher played relatively well

SoxRTattedOnMe
12-26-2008, 10:30 AM
Yes say what u want but u 4got #4. Great officiating by the refs!

S.J.Basketball
12-26-2008, 10:37 AM

that is the equivalent of complaining about LAG when you get killed in Counter Strike dood. gtfo

DrDEADalready
12-26-2008, 10:39 AM
Yeah one game doesnt change anything. Celtics are still the best team in the league hands down. and would beat the lakers 8 times out of 10.

lynchgagne
12-26-2008, 10:43 AM

are u serious...i know u been on youtube right? and seen all those videos on perkins and powe and garnett pushing and holding and moving on screens and on box outs.. it works both ways .. ull get the calls in boston..

jimbobjarree
12-26-2008, 11:10 AM
watching as a neutrl though the refs made some questionable calls throughout that game, the Celtics must feel slightly hard done by.

And I've always thought Gasol was over rated, but yesterday he showed what a class player he is.

nothing much has changed though to me, the Celtics are still the best team in the league, and the Lakers still look very beatable by any team who plays them hard.

lynchgagne
12-26-2008, 11:18 AM
watching as a neutrl though the refs made some questionable calls throughout that game, the Celtics must feel slightly hard done by.

And I've always thought Gasol was over rated, but yesterday he showed what a class player he is.

nothing much has changed though to me, the Celtics are still the best team in the league, and the Lakers still look very beatable by any team who plays them hard.

its funny how 3 baskets at the end of a game make u a class player especially since he was already a top 5 at his pos :rolleyes:

isnt any team beatable when u play them hard?

DODGERS&LAKERS
12-26-2008, 11:21 AM

Really? Thats funny. I thought the Celtics played them pretty hard last night. I think if the Lakers want to show up and win, they will. A team cant have that mentality 82 games out of the year, but they can have it in the playoffs. The Lakers can lose 20 more games the rest of the season and I would not care. They can beat anyone when they have the effort. They wont be losing to the Pacers, Kings and Heat in the playoffs.

The Lakers beat the Celtics at their own game, grind it out defense and slow offensive possessions. The Lakers held them to 83 points, they showed at the beginning of the year and the past week they can play great defense. They might get bored and let some scrub team score 100 on them, but it wont matter come playoff time.

The Lakers are not a soft team. They dont have centers who park behind the 3 point line. Everyone calls them soft because they lost in the finals. But everyone saw them lose in the finals without a center. I guess every team would look soft if we took all their centers off the team. Except maybe the Jazz, they might increase in toughness with out Okur.

Nexus
12-26-2008, 12:56 PM
What did we learn?

Lakers > Celts
Gasol > Garnett
1 game > Championship
1 game > 19 game winning streak
my pee pee > your pee pee

Lakersho
12-26-2008, 01:26 PM
dont be butt hurt c.. fans, but your bean town boys did get man handled.ya it was just one game ,do you really think your boys didnt want to win ,and miss me with the ref crap .lakers out played your boys deal with it!!!

MTar786
12-26-2008, 01:31 PM
im a lakers fan and il admit.. we didnt dominate.. but if any celics fan doesnt admit boston gave their all then id consider them ignorant.. the lakers played a hard game.. both teams played with intensity.. ariza proved to be a big missing piece from the finals. bynums blocking and watever toughness he has helped. some calls were bad on BOTH ends but not enough to say there was preferential treatment. anyway lakers won.. but if theyre conidered equal than the celts then they were supposed to win this game anyway.. its at home.. the only way il consider LA better is when they beat boston IN boston.. la fans will have every right then.. but if boston wins the next game by 9 then all il say is thats what they were supposed to do. win/loss records dont matter.. n LA did prove they can play D and they are tough

ink
12-26-2008, 01:38 PM
Great game. Very even matchup between two very different teams. Remember guys, don't bait in this thread. If it starts, the thread gets closed.

op12
12-26-2008, 01:52 PM
the lakers played better and seemed more hyped for the game. but, ariza was the x factor not bynum. bynum was not a force and the difference everybody thought he would be. ariza's D and hustle helped the lakers get that win. i still say bynum is overhyped but the lakers are def better with him and ariza at sf. hopefully we will see in the finals.

Morgan
12-26-2008, 02:06 PM
Just looking threw here and im seeing no one has made a thread of Lakers beating Celtics, i guess everyone in here are celtics fans lol...so quiet after today's game in los angeles.well as basketball fans seen Lakers are still that finals team but with a addition of a atimidating big man in the middle.Now lakers are matched well with the celtics.i was impressed with Lakers defense it was so shocking to see celtics make all those turn overs and looked like they were the one's who were lost during the game it was jaw droping,looked like celtics got dominated and couldnt hang.Im not a lakers fan just from my point of view from the game i watched,Lakers at there best are unstopable i mean it,not even cavaliers can hang when Lakers are at there best im sorry to say that Cavalier fans i like them aswell but seem's Lakers right now are the better team in the NBA.i know one game say's nothing but if you guys seen it it actually said alot of what each squad can do to the other.

Nobody made a thread because it was a regular season game. The Lakers still haven't returned the favor of knocking the Celtics out of the finals like the Celtics did to the Lakers last year. As for the turnovers it wasn't because of the Lakers staggering defense. The Celtics were just making dumb mistakes. Andrew Bynum an intimidating big man in the middle? LOL. I was listening to the game on the radio in my car and the radio commentators were saying that they can't understand why everyone is making a big fuss about Bynum for. They said they just can't ever see him becoming a dominant center and, I have to agree with them. The only time he scored was on wide open dunks. He has no back to the basket skills at all. He can't shoot. If Bynum is what gives Lakers fans hope that things could be different in the finals they are dead wrong.

ink
12-26-2008, 02:07 PM
I would have been surprised if the Lakers let the Celtics win the rematch held in their own house.

I was listening to the game on the radio in my car and the radio commentators were saying that they can't understand why everyone is making a big fuss about Bynum for. They said they just can't ever see him becoming a dominant center and, I have to agree with them. The only time he scored was on wide open dunks. He has no back to the basket skills at all. He can't shoot. If Bynum is what gives Lakers fans hope that things could be different in the finals they are dead wrong.

You might be just as guilty of underestimating him as others are of overestimating him. ;) He's a great young player. The majority of teams in the L would love to have him.

Teeboy1487
12-26-2008, 02:45 PM
Wow, you guys are judging bynum after one game. You might as well say the lakers are better than the celtics because of this game. Anyway, What I learn in this game is that after the big three the celtics are not that good. I think the cavs will beat them in the playoffs because the cavs have a better second unit. Don't get me wrong the celtics are great, but their depth might catch up with them this year.

The Answer3
12-26-2008, 02:49 PM
The Celtics could've used PJ Brown and James Posey here. Their bench is weak. Posey'll be missed for his perimeter D and clutch shooting while Brown will be missed for his length/defense and mid-range J. Celtics looked lost on offense in the start of the 2nd quarter. Phil Jackson made a smart move by keeping his starters that time. With that said, Boston's still the favorites to win the ring. They also didn't shoot well except for KG and Pierce.

what54!?
12-26-2008, 03:00 PM
the lakers played this game like it was a finals game. The celtics played it like it was just another game. That said the lakers won because they wanted it more.

Wake's Fastball
12-26-2008, 03:23 PM
Wow, you guys are judging bynum after one game. You might as well say the lakers are better than the celtics because of this game. Anyway, What I learn in this game is that after the big three the celtics are not that good. I think the cavs will beat them in the playoffs because the cavs have a better second unit. Don't get me wrong the celtics are great, but their depth might catch up with them this year.

Yeah, I was really unimpressed with everyone beyond KG last night. Pierce had his moments, but was inconsistent. Ray had a real hot start, but really cooled off over the game, and was ice cold down the stretch. Rondo had an impressive statline, but frankly that's as poorly as I've see him play in a month. Perkins never really established himself inside (though to his credit, him and Bynum pretty much canceled each other out). The bench was terrible, and frankly, I think that's a large part of why the Lakers won the game. Our starters were clearly better when they were on the floor (at least until the last 3 minutes of the game), but our bench played really poorly, specifically on offense, and having guys like Odom and Vujacic coming off the bench and scoring, plus Ariza chipping in some brilliant energy, was, IMO, what made the difference. I'm eagerly looking forward to the game in Boston later this year... hopefully Rondo looks like a stud again in that game.

LARaiderfan11
12-26-2008, 03:26 PM
the lakers played this game like it was a finals game. The celtics played it like it was just another game. That said the lakers won because they wanted it more.

But I thought that the Celtics bring it every game. According to the media, they give it everything they got because of KG. If you think that the Celtics did not try, you are mistaken.

what54!?
12-26-2008, 03:32 PM
But I thought that the Celtics bring it every game. According to the media, they give it everything they got because of KG. If you think that the Celtics did not try, you are mistaken. I didn't say the celtics didn't try. I said the lakers wanted it more. I watch a lot of laker games so I've seen the rotation and phil Jackson played his starters a lot more than he usually does. Look the C's brought it but the lakers brought it more therefore they wanted it more.

Vidball
12-26-2008, 04:15 PM
I really think BOS missed Posey yesterday. I don't know if they would've even made it to the Finals without him last season.

The Christmas game was great--a Lakers/Celtics rematch in the Finals would be great for the league. The rivalry really is picking up some former steam.

QUICKTRADE
12-26-2008, 04:17 PM
boston fans are always whiney mini moe....a loss is a loss period...bar none. next time tell your guys to play clean and those blind refs might be a little bit fair in their calls. im a proponent of clean fair game. stop those pushing and shoving and lets play a good game. but pls admit that you loss from a one good team like lakers.

DrDEADalready
12-26-2008, 04:20 PM
Oh no!!!.... It's the end of the world as we know it!!

unwantedplayer
12-26-2008, 04:25 PM
What did we learn?

Lakers > Celts
Gasol > Garnett
1 game > Championship
1 game > 19 game winning streak
my pee pee > your pee pee

:horse:

EddieB
12-26-2008, 04:30 PM
Who ever is healthier got a chance to win it all

DODGERS&LAKERS
12-26-2008, 04:40 PM
I didn't say the celtics didn't try. I said the lakers wanted it more. I watch a lot of laker games so I've seen the rotation and phil Jackson played his starters a lot more than he usually does. Look the C's brought it but the lakers brought it more therefore they wanted it more.

Well I have seen a lot of Celtic games and I know Allen never plays 43 minutes, Pierce rarely plays 38 minutes, KG hardly ever plays 37 minutes. And in total, the Celtics starters played 19 more minutes than the Lakers starters. So I guess the Celtics wanted to win more if we are going by their rotations.

Lakersfan2483
12-26-2008, 04:54 PM
The game was important for both teams, obviously the Celtics were the "hottest" team going into the game (19 game win streak) and the Lakers had to prove that they could match this teams physical play. It was only one game, but it was more important for the lakers psychologically. It also let everyone know that if Boston wants to repeat, it's going to be much more difficult this season.

*Top Contenders for the title: Celtics, Lakers, Cavs, Spurs

DCB/LAL
12-26-2008, 06:03 PM
Nobody made a thread because it was a regular season game. The Lakers still haven't returned the favor of knocking the Celtics out of the finals like the Celtics did to the Lakers last year. As for the turnovers it wasn't because of the Lakers staggering defense. The Celtics were just making dumb mistakes. Andrew Bynum an intimidating big man in the middle? LOL. I was listening to the game on the radio in my car and the radio commentators were saying that they can't understand why everyone is making a big fuss about Bynum for. They said they just can't ever see him becoming a dominant center and, I have to agree with them. The only time he scored was on wide open dunks. He has no back to the basket skills at all. He can't shoot. If Bynum is what gives Lakers fans hope that things could be different in the finals they are dead wrong.

Why does everyone get hung up about the year before?? I mean yes the celtics be LA in the finals last year!! But this is a different year the lakers showed yesterday that they are a different team this year!!! Im sick of all this "we beat you last year" crap i didn't hear anyone claiming the spurs were the best team last year when they had just won the title the year before. Everyone was already claiming boston as the champs and while yes they did win it this is a different year and their the ones who have to prove they have what it takes this year to beat LA cause they lost yesterday. Its all about what you do this year not what you did last year and while yes you won 19 in a row you didn't beat LA who just happens to be a top 3 team so if anyone has anything to prove this year its boston proving that they can beat an LA team who happens to have Bynum and a healthy Ariza. Remember guys Pau isn't having to play center this year and that is huge match up wise huge.

Frrrrank!!!
12-26-2008, 06:06 PM
Well I have seen a lot of Celtic games and I know Allen never plays 43 minutes, Pierce rarely plays 38 minutes, KG hardly ever plays 37 minutes. And in total, the Celtics starters played 19 more minutes than the Lakers starters. So I guess the Celtics wanted to win more if we are going by their rotations.

The reason the C's starters don't play high minutes is because they blow a lot of teams out. I can't even count how many times the starters play 3 quaters and then have the bench play the whole 4th. Since this game was closer the starters are naturally going to play more. Anyways both teams wanted to win the game as bad, the Celtics just didn't bring their A game. It will be interesting to see how both teams respond in Boston later on in the season.

DODGERS&LAKERS
12-26-2008, 06:22 PM
The reason the C's starters don't play high minutes is because they blow a lot of teams out. I can't even count how many times the starters play 3 quaters and then have the bench play the whole 4th. Since this game was closer the starters are naturally going to play more. Anyways both teams wanted to win the game as bad, the Celtics just didn't bring their A game. It will be interesting to see how both teams respond in Boston later on in the season.

I know that was why they played more minutes. I was just showing the other guy that saying the Lakers wanted to win more because Kobe played 42 minutes is a dumb argument. He said he watched the Lakers this year and noticed their rotations were different. They were different because the guy that comes in for Kobe, now comes in for Fisher. Kobe really does not have a back up since Farmar went down.

And yes it will be interesting in Feb. I dont think the Lakers will win. They will be on a back to back and its very hard to beat a great team on their home court. But as long as they lose in a respectable manner and play tough, that will be okay.

ARMIN12NBA
12-26-2008, 06:53 PM

Not true. A few writers from the Boston Globe were saying before the game that the Celtics really really wanted to win this game. Better yet, they did NOT want to lose to the Lakers at all. Apparently, in the locker-room, many of the Celtics players shared the same sentiment that they were willing to lose their streak to ANY team in the NBA except for the hated Lakers so they wanted to beat the Lakers at all costs to keep their streak alive.

Both teams were playing at their hardest.

GspLAL
12-26-2008, 07:18 PM
Why does everyone get hung up about the year before?? I mean yes the celtics be LA in the finals last year!! But this is a different year the lakers showed yesterday that they are a different team this year!!! Im sick of all this "we beat you last year" crap i didn't hear anyone claiming the spurs were the best team last year when they had just won the title the year before. Everyone was already claiming boston as the champs and while yes they did win it this is a different year and their the ones who have to prove they have what it takes this year to beat LA cause they lost yesterday. Its all about what you do this year not what you did last year and while yes you won 19 in a row you didn't beat LA who just happens to be a top 3 team so if anyone has anything to prove this year its boston proving that they can beat an LA team who happens to have Bynum and a healthy Ariza. Remember guys Pau isn't having to play center this year and that is huge match up wise huge.

Well said, all in all it was a great game, it doesnt prove Lakers are better yet but you can't ignore the fact that Bynum and Ariza may be the missing pieces from last year.

magichatnumber9
12-26-2008, 07:19 PM
Respect has to be given to the Lakers. They were the better team last night, i don't care what anybody says. But this loss will be better for the celtics. The Celts abandoned what got them to this point. The Allen and Rondo show. With guest stars kevin G. and Paul Pierce with a guest appearences from Perk.

G-Funk
12-26-2008, 08:39 PM
Both teams played really hard and yes Bynum was a factor in the paint. Last season Rondo & Pierce were driving into the paint like nothing and how are u guys going to discredit those 2 huge blocks in the 4th.

sergiosolorzano
12-26-2008, 08:45 PM
By the look of the game last night it seems that we can point out the real champs, last years bs final didnt justify the lakers real potential. now with our lineup stacked and looking better than ever lakers are bound to run away with it this year. So to all the haters out there yall need to show a litte respect and bow down to the Lakers

[LAKER NATION]

NYMetros
12-26-2008, 08:47 PM
Bow down? LOL. A little overexcited after one game, don't you think?

DitchDat
12-26-2008, 09:52 PM
So you knew the Lakers were going to win when the game was tied up at 81? It was a close game, not a blowout.

markhebert42
12-26-2008, 10:01 PM

Artie Lange says "Waaahhh."

JJ81
12-27-2008, 01:16 AM
I love how all the Celtics fans are finding excuses or saying that it didn't mean anything.

Go ahead and blame the refs. Celtics got their calls and the Lakers got theirs, welcome to basketball.

Bynum did not intimidate them at all

When Bynum was on, the Celtics couldn't drive to the basket successfully. The Lakers dont expect him to come in and dominate like Shaq, we want him to alter shots in the paint, grab some rebounds and defend some bigs.

I'll tell you what else this game showed.

Lakers bench >>>>> Celtics bench.
Celtics no longer have a player to guard Kobe Bryant.

Stop telling us about Boston's win streak this season, all the Lakers can do is beat them in the 2 games they play against them and so far, that's what they've done.

Swallow your pride and accept the loss.

Iron24th
12-27-2008, 03:56 AM
The Lakers were just the better team on christmas day.

nstachowski
12-27-2008, 06:17 AM
It was a great gaame to watch, even being a neutral fan

lakerboy
12-27-2008, 09:45 AM
It was one game, but at least, it made most our Christmas. Besides, LA really needed this win just to get the monkey off their back.

Btw.

The Celtic bench sucks.

PJ Brown >> Big Baby
Posey >> Tony Allen.

I'm so glad both of them are gone.

Hellcrooner
12-27-2008, 03:12 PM
Hey dudes!!! yes Lakers fans like me, chill out is one game we stil have half a seaosn to go trough and then 16 victories before we celebrate something, In a wise mans words " Dont start sucking ours....

and pau played OK he was cluthc nut if he had played decently the other 3 quarters we woudl have DESTROYED the celtics.

chicagowhitesox
12-27-2008, 03:26 PM
and then the warriors crush them by double digits! ha!!!!

$KnicksAndKobe$
12-27-2008, 03:32 PM
LOL Celtics got owned again

Frrrrank!!!
12-27-2008, 03:33 PM

I don't think you can crush a team when the game came down to the final minutes.:eyebrow:

fresh prince
12-27-2008, 03:56 PM
Yea GSW punked the C's pretty bad without Monta Ellis J.Crawford and Maggette.

If you're a fan of the shark attack you should watch the original source. This dude named Ean Edwards. Said that whole shark attack bit on Bad Boys of comedy and that's where Gilbert Arenas got it from...one of the funniest comedy moments ever

PRETTY BIRD!
12-27-2008, 06:29 PM
I love how all the Celtics fans are finding excuses or saying that it didn't mean anything.

Go ahead and blame the refs. Celtics got their calls and the Lakers got theirs, welcome to basketball.

When Bynum was on, the Celtics couldn't drive to the basket successfully. The Lakers dont expect him to come in and dominate like Shaq, we want him to alter shots in the paint, grab some rebounds and defend some bigs.

I'll tell you what else this game showed.

Lakers bench >>>>> Celtics bench.
Celtics no longer have a player to guard Kobe Bryant.

Stop telling us about Boston's win streak this season, all the Lakers can do is beat them in the 2 games they play against them and so far, that's what they've done.

Swallow your pride and accept the loss.

opinions are like aszholes everybodies got one....and in my opinion i think the biggest difference, is that the celtics dont have anybody to guard kobe anymore...kobe got into the paint at will...and in crunch time he penetrated and disorganized the celtics defence, something he could'nt realy do last year in the finals, and fed pau for easy lay ups and shots.....I think thats why people chose the lakers to win the finals last year, because they thought that kobe was just going to force his will and beat the celtics in crunch time like he did to every single other team during last years playoffs......and because of this I think the lakers are truly the better team and the favorites to win it all this season!:smoking:

Morgan
12-27-2008, 07:08 PM
LOL Celtics got owned again

The Lakers won't beat Cleveland or Boston in a 7 game series no matter who has home court advantage. They're still soft.

rhjr06
12-27-2008, 07:30 PM
The Lakers won't beat Cleveland or Boston in a 7 game series no matter who has home court advantage. They're still soft.

i agree the lakers at times have played soft but i tell you this if they play like they did against the celtics no one is going to beat them period!!!!

G-Funk
12-28-2008, 04:33 AM
If theirs a team the Lakers aren't playing soft against, It's the Celtics.

MVPedroia
12-28-2008, 06:36 PM
Celtics are still the best team in the NBA who cares.
'
Lakers cant win in Boston ha.

superkegger
12-28-2008, 07:07 PM

I'm glad at least one Celtics fan was willing to acknowledge that.

All we hear about is the Celtics intensity, their hunger, their focus and so on. About how passionate KG is, and all that ****. And so many Celtics fans are going trying to say that it was just another game, not a big deal at all or anything. It's simply not true, the Celtics wanted that game just as much as the Lakers, it wasn't a matter of desire. It was a matter of who played better, and that was obviously the Lakers.

Now, it was just one game, and it doesn't decide anything, but it does mean something. When people are throwing around words like "invincible" "unbeatable" talking about breaking the 72-10 record, coasting to another title, its just plain foolishness. Then the Lakers outplay them ending the game on what a 13-2 run. Yeah, clearly the Celtics must be a much more dominant team. Get real. We're literally 3 little bounces away from the Lakers only having 2 losses still and being "dominant" and all tha ********.

Everyone needs to stop overhyping the play of everyone 30ish games into the season. There's a long effing way to go.

Kabowdos
12-28-2008, 08:43 PM
Yeah one game doesnt change anything. Celtics are still the best team in the league hands down. and would beat the lakers 8 times out of 10.

Hmm that doesn't seem logical. If you consider the playoffs and the last game... the last 7 games have been 4-3 series for the Celtics... so explain how the Celtics are going to win 8 out of 10?