PDA

View Full Version : Could Pujols Become First $30M Man?

NYYCowboys
12-24-2008, 05:12 AM
When does Albert Pujols become a Free agent? and how much money do you think he would command in the open market?

Run Gardner Run
12-24-2008, 05:13 AM
500 billion dollars a year

nygiants242
12-24-2008, 05:18 AM
he is going to get a LOT!!!!

nygiants242
12-24-2008, 05:19 AM
oh forgot.. yeah idk when hes going to be a Free Agent

any one know???

Run Gardner Run
12-24-2008, 05:23 AM
7 years/$100M (2004-10), plus 2011 club option

Have any questions about how much someone is owed, or how many years go here (http://mlbcontracts.blogspot.com/). They are always updated (already have Teixieras contract)

nygiants242
12-24-2008, 05:24 AM
oh wow.. thanks great link/find

mnrlgry
12-24-2008, 06:24 AM
probably 25 million a year or so I guess or maybe a little less for a hometown discount. I would imagine the Cardinals will start trying to lock him up after this next season so they don't have to worry about it in 2010 or 2011. I really doubt he hits free agency, the Cardinals aren't stupid enough to let that happen and they can spend the money

Red_Sox_89
12-24-2008, 09:03 AM
He'll probably never be a free agent. The Cardinals will not let the best hitter in baseball go for nothing. If nothing else, they'd trade him, which I also don't see happening. He is responsible for SO much of their revenue, they can't let him go.

Fred
12-24-2008, 09:06 AM
Pujolz = Cardinals

he never leaves there....HOF some day....

Jerimyaustin6
12-24-2008, 09:27 AM
Around 30 million if he keeps putting up the same numbers, the Red Sox will get him if he makes it to free agancy, they will give him A-Rod Money, or more. He may have the first 300 Million contract. If he makes it to free agancy, the Red Sox will give him what ever it takes.

Tragedy
12-24-2008, 09:28 AM
Yeah, I'm not sure the Cardinals could ever let Pujols hit FA. They did a nice job locking him up once, don't see why they can't/won't do it again.

It's pretty awesome that Pujols is making $16 million while someone like Tex is making OVER $20. My god how things are not right in FA.

Red_Sox_89
12-24-2008, 09:33 AM
Yeah, I'm not sure the Cardinals could ever let Pujols hit FA. They did a nice job locking him up once, don't see why they can't/won't do it again.

It's pretty awesome that Pujols is making $16 million while someone like Tex is making OVER $20. My god how things are not right in FA.

yeah... if there is one player in my opinion, that was worth 30+mil a year, it's Pujols

natepro
12-24-2008, 10:48 AM
Yeah, Pujols is not leaving STL for a long, long time.

cwilson21
12-24-2008, 10:50 AM

Yet you really think that there's a good chance that the Twins will let Mauer walk :rolleyes:. Mauer means just as much if not more than Pujols means to his team.

rickyk13
12-24-2008, 11:14 AM
100X the contract of andrew jones

XxYaNk3eS84xX
12-24-2008, 11:30 AM
never.

goldglove212
12-24-2008, 11:38 AM
if he ever does i hand him a piece of paper ask him to write down whatever he wants and give it to him

Matchstckman
12-24-2008, 11:40 AM
if he ever does i hand him a piece of paper ask him to write down whatever he wants and give it to him

You fool, what if he asks for a new job as head groundskeeper at $30 M a year.

Or what if he asks for your life.

You don't give one man that power, you just don't.

goldglove212
12-24-2008, 11:41 AM
You fool, what if he asks for a new job as head groundskeeper at $30 M a year.

Or what if he asks for your life.

You don't give one man that power, you just don't.

well sir he would be the best dam groundskeeper money could buy

steamydumplings
12-24-2008, 09:52 PM
probably never...but if he did hit the market...the yanks would probably go balls out for him...even when they got tex

Tkais9009
12-24-2008, 10:16 PM
he's a cardinal for life

beast montero
12-24-2008, 10:21 PM
if he was , the yanks would sign him, move tex to third, arod to short and make jeter cf or dh if hes still around

Seamhead
12-24-2008, 10:24 PM
if he was , the yanks would sign him, move tex to third, arod to short and make jeter cf or dh if hes still around

You suck at jokes.

Neely
12-24-2008, 11:09 PM
I would love to see Pujols in a Red Sox uniform... if I can't have that happen maybe a picture of him wearing a nice two-piece French maid ensemble. ;)

Adalbjorg
12-24-2008, 11:12 PM
When does Albert Pujols become a Free agent? and how much money do you think he would command in the open market?

A-Rod's a career .306/.389/.578 hitter and he's making $27 million a year over 10 years. Pujols is a .334/.425/.624 hitter, so while this may sound crazy, he could realistically make $34 million a year over 10 years when you adjust for inflation and the fact that Pujols is without a doubt the best player in baseball.

But I bet he signs with the Cards at a discount of around $30 million a year.

JHG722
12-24-2008, 11:40 PM
Anyone else LOL that a Yankee fan made this?

ematz1423
12-24-2008, 11:43 PM
Well to say he never will be a free agent is probably ridiculous if hes smart he will go out on the open market. As for the amount of money he could get if teixeira is getting 22.5 million per year and Arod is getting 30 pujols is probably worth 35 million he is insane and is the best player in the league.

bal_ravens
12-25-2008, 12:25 AM
Yup, never say never. Being an Orioles fan in Baltimre who watched Tex when he played in the High School near me saying he would never play for the Yankees (Even though his favorite player was Don Mattingly), you can never say never. I think Pujols would not take $30 million. I dont know much about him, but he just seems like a guy who doesnt go places based on money.

gauth25
12-25-2008, 12:35 AM
oh ya i would say he retires as a cardinal and hes easily going to get 25-30mill per year

jetsfan28
12-25-2008, 12:43 AM
Pujols will never hit free agency. Because he's so underpaid, I'm guessing he'll rework his contract after this coming year to give him more money but lock him up longer.

Seamhead
12-25-2008, 01:29 AM
Pujols will never hit free agency. Because he's so overpaid, I'm guessing he'll rework his contract after this coming year to give him more money but lock him up longer.

You mean underpaid, right? lol

TheRuckus
12-25-2008, 01:37 AM
If the Cardinals are smart, never.

gocubs2118
12-25-2008, 01:46 AM
I am prepared to face Pujols 18 times a year for the next 10 years. I will be ******** my pants every time he steps up to the plate.

hotpotato1092
12-25-2008, 02:08 AM
The best pure hitter since the young Ken Griffey Junior... 10 years 325 million

Yankees90.
12-25-2008, 02:39 AM
doubt he'll sign elsewhere..will retire as a cardinal..but if he does hit FA, you figure anywhere from 20-25 mil a year with a 6-8yr contract

phlp_bj
12-25-2008, 09:22 AM
Yahoo! - Cardinals first baseman Albert Pujols is entering the final year of his guaranteed contract, which leads many to believe that he could sign a record-breaking deal next winter.

The contract fellow first baseman Mark Teixeira recently received could place Pujols' value over the $30 million per year mark.

http://sports.yahoo.com/mlb/rumors/post/Could-Pujols-become-MLB-s-first-30-million-per-?urn=mlb,131219

Raidaz4Life
12-25-2008, 09:31 AM
easily considering the money Arod and Tex have gotten

GrkGawdofWalkz
12-25-2008, 09:37 AM
Makes absolute sense. He's the best hitter in baseball. Sorry Arod.

Raidaz4Life
12-25-2008, 09:49 AM
Yet you really think that there's a good chance that the Twins will let Mauer walk :rolleyes:. Mauer means just as much if not more than Pujols means to his team.

I got a good chuckle out of that one:laugh2:

jetsfan28
12-25-2008, 10:05 AM
You mean underpaid, right? lol

Yes, my bad. He is far, far, far from overpaid.

ThisIsTheYear
12-25-2008, 10:06 AM
He deserves more than ARod, so its a possibility.

jetsfan28
12-25-2008, 10:10 AM
He'll be 30 when the 2010 season starts. I'd say he easily deserves 7 years, 210 million plus incentives, maybe even more.

Sportfan
12-25-2008, 10:11 AM
Yeah he'll get 31-32 mil

Old Sweater
12-25-2008, 10:13 AM
Isn't A Rod going to get any love from ya'll for a more valued D position and baserunning abilty?

Pujols? Maybe, the current economy may start to have more affect by 2010.

Tragedy
12-25-2008, 10:31 AM
A-Rod is going to make $32 million this season, isn't he? But it's frontloaded anyways.

Albert Pujols is the best player in MLB, bar none. If he enters free agency, I hope the Red Sox offer him a blank check.

Anyways, Pujols is signed for 2009 and 2010, with an option for 2011 (at $16 million!!). He's not hitting FA anytime soon.

cardinals45
12-25-2008, 10:43 AM

thats one of the dumbest things ive heard in a while
you actually just compared mauer to pujols

bronxbombers427
12-25-2008, 10:57 AM
i thought arod was a 30MM man

Hustla23
12-25-2008, 11:38 AM
Why wouldn't he hit free agency? Why would Albert Pujols throw away millions of dollars for a stupid "home town" discount? CC and Tex didn't do it, why should he maintain all the morals in the MLB?

Pujols would be an idiot not to test free agency. He'd easily get the most beast contract ever offered.

I"m not a Yankee fan btw, just pointing out some common sense.

So if the Cardinals figure all this, they might be inclined to trade him.

I wonder what the hell teams would offer to get him haha.

I figure the Mets would start with Maine + Pelfrey + David Wright and even then wouldn't be nearly enough.

Tragedy
12-25-2008, 11:39 AM
Why wouldn't he hit free agency? Why would Albert Pujols throw away millions of dollars for a stupid "home town" discount? CC and Tex didn't do it, why should he maintain all the morals in the MLB?

Pujols would be an idiot not to test free agency. He'd easily get the most beast contract ever offered.

I figure the Mets would start with Maine + Pelfrey + David Wright and even then wouldn't be nearly enough.
He's given them a discount once. It's not insane to believe he could do it again.

If I were him I'd hit free agency as well, but that's not the point.

jetsfan28
12-25-2008, 11:44 AM

He wouldn't not hit free agency because of a home town discount, the reason people don't feel he'll hit free agency is because he is badly underpaid the next few years and, because of that, he'll probably redo his deal before he ever hits free agency so he can make more money in the years he's already signed.

goldglove212
12-25-2008, 11:50 AM
Pujols seems to be one of those guys who wouldnt excactly go where the money goes he seems like hed want to go where him and his family would be comfortable
with that being said i hope their comfortable in Boston :pray:

Raidaz4Life
12-25-2008, 11:58 AM
Pujols seems to be one of those guys who wouldnt excactly go where the money goes he seems like hed want to go where him and his family would be comfortable
with that being said i hope their comfortable in Boston :pray:

that would be correct... I have actually met him before several times... we use to go to the same church and he definitely comes across as a family first guy

bronxbombers427
12-25-2008, 12:08 PM
that would be correct... I have actually met him before several times... we use to go to the same church and he definitely comes across as a family first guy

did u get his autogragh?

redbird89
12-25-2008, 12:10 PM
I see the Cardinals trying to lock him up after this year. Though I do believe the Cardinals will pay Albert fairly, hopefully Albert will take a little bit of a discount, especially if the Cardinals continue to win. Albert brings in a lot of revenue himself I would think, with jersey and T-Shirt sales, and souvenirs, and people come to see him play as well as the Cardinals as a team.

redbird89
12-25-2008, 12:12 PM
He wouldn't not hit free agency because of a home town discount, the reason people don't feel he'll hit free agency is because he is badly underpaid the next few years and, because of that, he'll probably redo his deal before he ever hits free agency so he can make more money in the years he's already signed.

No MLB player is "Badly underpaid". You don't see any MLBers struggling to put food on the table.

Tragedy
12-25-2008, 12:14 PM
No MLB player is "Badly underpaid". You don't see any MLBers struggling to put food on the table.
Uggie Urbina. :shrug:

What, too early?

jetsfan28
12-25-2008, 12:16 PM

And that means they're not badly underpaid? That makes absolutely no sense. He makes much, much less money than his employers make off of him, meaning he is payed much, much less than his value to his employers. That makes him badly underpaid.

Max Power
12-25-2008, 12:24 PM
Pujols should be the highsest paid player, because:

A) He is, year in and year out, ridiculously productive.
and
B) It is a good thing when the best player is also the highest paid. It sets a benchmark, where, in negotiations, teams can say "well, you are nowhere as good as Pujols, so we will not go that high"

And if he doesn't test the market, he's a fool.

Tragedy
12-25-2008, 12:27 PM

and
B) It is a good thing when the best player is also the highest paid. It sets a benchmark, where, in negotiations, teams can say "well, you are nowhere as good as Pujols, so we will not go that high"

If he signs an extention, it would be for a ridiculously high amount regardless. Probably not as much as the FA market, but that doesn't make him a fool. Some players have other motives besides money. Some players are happy/content to just stay with one team for $150 million rather than $200 million for another team, and the weeks/months of annoying discussions with other teams.

cardinals1226
12-25-2008, 12:34 PM

Are you kidding me? The Cardinals will never trade him. Pujols is one of the biggest money makers in St. Louis. The team relies so much on his offense, defense, on the field, off the field. He is the example of a true athlete. He's taken a discount before to stay, why not do it again? He played college ball there, he was drafted by the team, he retires a Card.

As far as that Mets trade, what a joke. The trade would easily have to include Fernando Martinez, Wilmer Flores, Jon Niese, Mike Pelfrey, and probably John Maine. Hell, the Twins got 5 of the Mets top 10 prospect. Pujols could get more than that. He is one of the best players in Major League history, he wouldn't come that cheap.

Ballinizlyfe89
12-25-2008, 12:46 PM
If he sees how poorly Tex is being portrayed by the media, he might very well be reluctant to test the market. But if he he doesn't give a flying ****, he'll command about 30 million dollars. If the Red Sox are involved the Yankees may sign him for the pure comedy around 35 and turn him into a bat boy.

Tragedy
12-25-2008, 12:47 PM
Are you kidding me? The Cardinals will never trade him. Pujols is one of the biggest money makers in St. Louis. The team relies so much on his offense, defense, on the field, off the field. He is the example of a true athlete. He's taken a discount before to stay, why not do it again? He played college ball there, he was drafted by the team, he retires a Card.

As far as that Mets trade, what a joke. The trade would easily have to include Fernando Martinez, Wilmer Flores, Jon Niese, Mike Pelfrey, and probably John Maine. Hell, the Twins got 5 of the Mets top 10 prospect. Pujols could get more than that. He is one of the best players in Major League history, he wouldn't come that cheap.
So many people thought Nomar would stay on Boston forever, and look at how that happened. Same with so many other players. There is no such thing as a sure thing these days - Most players don't spend an entire career on one team. Not saying it can't happen (Jeter, Rivera, Posada, etc), but it's not incredibly likely.

If the Cardinals feel they can't retain him, they should absolutely look to deal him when he's down his contract is set to expire that final year.

rick66ankiel24
12-25-2008, 12:49 PM

He definetly doesnt.. pujols carried the cardinals the last 2 months of the season w/ ludwick struggling and ankiel hurt, without him there would be no 85 wins more like 65 or 70. He means way more to the cards than mauer, and unlike minnesota the cardinals actually keep their valued players because they have the money to do so.

jetsfan28
12-25-2008, 12:51 PM

and

Not at all. If he doesn't sign an extension with STL, he's only getting paid 16 million through 2011, presumably his prime years. If he restructures his deal after this year, he gets paid a combined $28 million or so more in 2010 and 2011 assuming those salaries go up to around $30 million, then he gets probably $32-35 million the next few years, and he could probably get a 2013 opt out clause included so if he somehow keeps up this production, he could get a new contract. Plus, he'd get a ton of incentives.

Basically, the Cardinals can't lose him, so they're his ***** right now, he can basically make them include a ton of stuff favorable to him in the contract. A **** load of incentives, opt out clauses in 2013, 2014, and/or 2015, no trade clause, incentives, etc., he will not only have the richest contract in baseball, but he'll have by far the best contract with all things considered.

redbird89
12-25-2008, 02:27 PM

and

You never know. Sometimes free agency doesn't work out. Especially with his elbow all screwed up. He may want to extend his contract before it's up.

I realize the Scott Boras Theory is always be a free agent, but that doesn't always work out (Ala Jeff Weaver). And sometimes players don't want to move, even if it means a little more money. Pujols is from Kansas City, meaning any family he has there are only a few hours away. KC won't pay him. If he stays in St. Louis he can keep his family where they are comfortable. And I believe the Cardinals will give him a fair offer anyway. How much is uprooting your family worth?

At the same time, I doubt La Russa stays past 2010, so Albert may not have that reason to stay in St. Louis.

Lockdown Safety
12-25-2008, 02:53 PM
He will get A-rod money maybe even more

Gigantes4Life
12-25-2008, 04:37 PM
If he were to hit FA, we might have a bidding war for the ages :laugh2:

bloodhawk
12-25-2008, 06:10 PM
If he hits FA...assuming, St. Louis doesn't give him a stake in ownership and 30M+, then he will be the highest paid athlete, until Lebron signs his deal w/ for 35M+

thejazlive
12-25-2008, 06:18 PM
don't get me if im wrong but isn't A rod a $30M man already?

bloodhawk
12-25-2008, 06:21 PM
don't get me if im wrong but isn't A rod a $30M man already?

he avgs 27M, but I think he will get 32M somewhere along the line...

joeboow90
12-25-2008, 06:28 PM
Arod is already in the 30M a year range...if Pujols tests the market theres no telling what he could get...maybe more than Arod since he sooo dam nice

mnrlgry
12-25-2008, 07:02 PM
The word around St Louis is that they're going to begin discussions in the next off season. he'll probably get a "discount" but the fact that he could earn 10+ million more every year before his contract expires will actually even the money out then if the Cardinals waited til 2012 and gave him a 30mil a year deal.

A reason he has such a "discount" now is because the Cardinals could have had him for three more years at a insanely cheap price when he signed his first contract. They paid out probably 35 million extra in those years then if they had waited.

Albert doesn't seem like the greedy type at all and he's literally investing in the area by being a part of an ownership group trying to get an MLS team to St Louis.

The owner of the Cardinals, Bill DeWitt, made Albert change his number to number 5, an iconic number in baseball, so it could be eventually retired. I think the ownership group is planning on him retiring here.

BTW the Cardinals aren't the Reds/Pirates/Twins. They're usually top 4 in attendance every year. The Cardinals aren't a team that couldn't afford him or don't have the dedicated fan support to make it possible for 7-10 years.

Method28
12-25-2008, 07:53 PM

:rimshot:

:laugh::laugh::laugh::laugh::laugh:

CWilson21 must be :drunk::drunk::drunk: BIG TIME with that comment

Rampage132
12-25-2008, 08:11 PM
yeah pujols is the face of the Cardinals, much like what Teixeira would have been for the Nats

Rampage132
12-25-2008, 08:13 PM
Bloodhawk, nice counter sig against MVPpedroia and his "murderer's row" lol

rkelly7
12-25-2008, 08:17 PM
I sure hope he stays with ST Louis, it would be bad for baseball to turn this into a bidding war, so there are 2 situationg:

Stays with ST Louis: 8 yrs, 210 million, full NTC and some crazy perk

Signs elsewhere: 10 years, 310 million

please stay with the cardinals man, and stay outta the AL

TheShock45
12-26-2008, 12:05 AM
He'll probably never be a free agent. The Cardinals will not let the best hitter in baseball go for nothing. If nothing else, they'd trade him, which I also don't see happening. He is responsible for SO much of their revenue, they can't let him go.

nah your right they will never trade him and he will never be a free agent
i dont think he will ever ask for outrageous money and if they were to offer it to him i could see them just cutting people or trading away any unessesscary contracts just to give that money to pujols

Seamhead
12-26-2008, 12:13 AM
Do any of you know Pujols personally to know whether or not he's the type of player that'd go for a ton of money?

THE_FLASH_21
12-26-2008, 12:34 AM
Pujols will get maybe 25-28 million per from the Cards... He's amazing. But if he hits the FA market anything is possible... maybe 30 mill per.....

Tkais9009
12-26-2008, 12:51 AM
Do any of you know Pujols personally to know whether or not he's the type of player that'd go for a ton of money?

he's loyal and a one of a kind person. He will stay

earias
12-26-2008, 01:05 AM
7 years/$100M (2004-10), plus 2011 club option

Have any questions about how much someone is owed, or how many years go here (http://mlbcontracts.blogspot.com/). They are always updated (already have Teixieras contract)

pretty good link man thanks

Tragedy
12-26-2008, 09:01 AM
he's loyal and a one of a kind person. He will stay
That's silly, to be fair.

How do you know he's loyal? I thought Nomar was "loyal" and I thought the FO would never trade him - They did.

I'm not saying he can't sign the extension, but between fans of Mauer and now Pujols, they seem to believe that there is NO way they will hit FA and take the money. It may not happen, but the possibility absolutely exists.

Tkais9009
12-26-2008, 05:07 PM
That's silly, to be fair.

How do you know he's loyal? I thought Nomar was "loyal" and I thought the FO would never trade him - They did.

I'm not saying he can't sign the extension, but between fans of Mauer and now Pujols, they seem to believe that there is NO way they will hit FA and take the money. It may not happen, but the possibility absolutely exists.

He lives half an hour from the stadium, he recently has invested money in St Louis getting an MLS team, his charity is based in St Louis, his child goes to a St Louis school (considered to be the best by many) which specializes in kids with down syndrome, and he has invested so many other things into the St Louis Area.

INFECTED
12-26-2008, 10:53 PM
Since the Yankees will have Teixeira, and the Red Sox will have their new kid at 1B ( I forget his name ) by the time Pujols becones a FA, who will be in on the bidding war for him?

.... and also,, I dont keep up with him, but doesnt he have a nagging shoulder problem??.... How is that going?

Tkais9009
12-27-2008, 01:35 AM
its an elbow problem that will at some point in time require tommy john surgery. but he is good for now. He could go his entire career and be ok but its kinda unlikely

LeoGetz
12-27-2008, 01:41 AM
Pujols will never be a Yankee, there is a reason why he wears #5

Tragedy
12-27-2008, 10:16 AM
He lives half an hour from the stadium, he recently has invested money in St Louis getting an MLS team, his charity is based in St Louis, his child goes to a St Louis school (considered to be the best by many) which specializes in kids with down syndrome, and he has invested so many other things into the St Louis Area.
And?

So what? He's a great guy - That's been noted in the past. That means he's going to stay in St. Louis his whole career, guaranteed? No one is denying that he COULD sign an extension. I would not be surprised. But the possibility absolutely exists that he hits free agency and takes a lot of money to play elsewhere.

5+7=DYNASTY!!!
12-27-2008, 01:31 PM
I believe he will stay in St. Louis for a while. He is the face of the franchise, and I see him in the same light I see Jeter, where he will stay there forever. I see the same happening with Wright

Tkais9009
12-27-2008, 05:26 PM
And?

So what? He's a great guy - That's been noted in the past. That means he's going to stay in St. Louis his whole career, guaranteed? No one is denying that he COULD sign an extension. I would not be surprised. But the possibility absolutely exists that he hits free agency and takes a lot of money to play elsewhere.

And?!?!?!?!?! I dont need to say anything else. His life IS St louis. Period. Show me another player who had such great devotion (everything i mentioned) to a city and then up and left for a little more money

zambo4president
12-27-2008, 05:56 PM
Id say if the Cardinals are dumb enough to let him go (which they are`nt) he will easily. I think Hanley Ramirez one day could be a 30M guy but no way in hell with the Marlins.

Tragedy
12-27-2008, 09:24 PM
And?!?!?!?!?! I dont need to say anything else. His life IS St louis. Period. Show me another player who had such great devotion (everything i mentioned) to a city and then up and left for a little more money
Mo Vaughn.

**** happens. Players leave all the time. They can be the most devoted man, but they can easily just get up and leave. It happens constantly.

I'm not saying he WILL get up and leave. No one here can predict the future. I'm just playing devils advocate and saying, he CAN leave.

Gigantes4Life
12-28-2008, 06:59 AM
Didn't Mo Vaughn leave because they didn't want him back? I forget, it was a long time ago.

But if that's the case, I doubt St. Louis is going to say, "It's OK Albert, we've decided we want to explore other options."

Tragedy
12-28-2008, 11:40 AM
Fans started chanting "Mo Money" at each game for a reason. :laugh2:

Buck Foston
12-28-2008, 02:02 PM
Fans started chanting "Mo Money" at each game for a reason. :laugh2:

:laugh:

Matt-the-great
12-28-2008, 02:15 PM
he is the Babe Ruth of our generation...minus the pitching hahah

i was just checking out PUjols player page on Baseball-reference....and one thing really stuck out to me, besides the fact that the only season he struck out more than he walked was his 1st year...

in 2005: he stole 16 bases, and was only caught 2 times....

the most steals he has besides that season is 7...

DJYankee
12-28-2008, 02:24 PM
Actually isn't a-rod going to make like 32 mil per year

in a couple years?

Matt-the-great
12-28-2008, 02:30 PM
Actually isn't a-rod going to make like 32 mil per year

in a couple years?

his Average is 27.5 mil though...we are talking about 30 mil average

The A Team
12-29-2008, 01:29 PM

Carl Pohlad doesn't own the Cardinals. Also, Mauer probably isn't even a top 30 player. Albert Pujols is so unfairly good. Mauer is just plain old good.