PDA

View Full Version : The Fall of ESPN (baseball wise): Someone to Hold it Accountable - MLB Network

MelkyNYY
12-25-2008, 03:30 AM
Programming:

* MLB Network will launch on January 1, 2009 at 6:00pm EST with the debut episode of Hot Stove, followed by the original broadcast of Don Larsen's perfect game in the 1956 World Series
* MLB Network will air 26 live games throughout the season
* MLB Tonight is the live, nightly studio show that will be the signature program of the new network
o The show will air live beginning at 6:00 p.m. Eastern until the final MLB game of the night ends between Monday and Saturday
o The show will feature live look-ins of games in progress, updates, highlights, reporting and analysis.
* Hot Stove is the live, nightly off-season studio show and will feature news, reports, and analysis of the moves clubs are making and planning in preparation for the upcoming season
o The show will air during the off-season at 7:00 p.m. Eastern Monday through Friday
o Prime 9 is the countdown program which will air throughout each week. Each program will breakdown the all-time top nine examples of its subject matter

Distribution:

* MLB Network will launch in approximately 50 million homes as the largest network debut in cable history, exceeding any other cable television launch by approximately 20 million
* MLB Network will be broadly distributed across 43 cable and satellite systems on expanded digital basic cable or the equivalent
* MLB Network will be available on major systems including Comcast, Cox, Direct TV, Time Warner, Charter, Cablevision and Verizon FiOS

http://newyork.yankees.mlb.com/network/about/

The network looks to be amazing. It will also have Harold Reynolds, who was awesome on ESPN.

If ESPN continues to put homers on their programs and put people who make ****** assumptions like Kruk, no one will listen and they will turn to MLB Network. I can..not...wait.

cwilson21
12-25-2008, 03:32 AM
Good. I hate Steve Phillips and his overall retardation.

MelkyNYY
12-25-2008, 03:39 AM
Good. I hate Steve Phillips and his overall retardation.

This really excites me. I mean, if I want to listen about the Yankees, I can just go to the Yes Network - fine. If I want to catch up on the Red Sox, I can just go to ESPN - fine.

But I always struggle to find thorough highlights of the rest of baseball, and 24 hour coverage is amazing. ESPN will not be able to keep up if they keep riding the Red Sox jock and bashing the Yankees all the time. If there is another network that has professionals who withhold biases and analyze every single team ESPN will get blown out of the water.

I am very excited for January 1st.

Sabres39
12-25-2008, 03:43 AM
Wow, why in the hell would they hire Al Leiter? The guy is an absolutely horrible color commentator for the YES Network.

MelkyNYY
12-25-2008, 03:45 AM
Wow, why in the hell would they hire Al Leiter? The guy is an absolutely horrible color commentator for the YES Network.

# Studio Hosts: Matt Vasgersian, Victor Rojas
# Analysts: Al Leiter, Joe Magrane, Harold Reynolds
# Reporters: Trenni Kusnierek, Hazel Mae

Vasgersian is awesome. So is Reynolds. Leiter is iffy, but maybe he took classes or something. Larkin is also there.

Its just a new diverse group.

Its not Kruk, Gammons, Ravech, Olney. Boy is Kruk bad. Boy is Gammons bad for baseball.

Reynolds used to keep those guys in check.

nyyfan4life
12-25-2008, 03:53 AM
No Kruk, Gammons or Phillips anymore?

:dance:

JDIsMyGod23
12-25-2008, 03:55 AM
I better get this on ATT U-Verse, but I don't think I will. :cry:

Gigantes4Life
12-25-2008, 03:55 AM
:worthy: All hail MLB Network (hopefully)

I love NFL Network, so hopefully it does the same for me.

MelkyNYY
12-25-2008, 04:02 AM
ATT Uverse gets MLB Network.

Kyle916
12-25-2008, 04:16 AM
I'm glad to be able to see Reynolds again daily.

I'm not a big fan of Vasgersian though.

Brew Crew
12-25-2008, 04:21 AM
Trenni is pretty damn fine. She worked as the sort of "on the seen reporter" last year for the Brewers.

JDIsMyGod23
12-25-2008, 04:21 AM

Any idea what channel? Because when they were running some of the preview stuff people were talking about I couldn't find it.

nyyfan4life
12-25-2008, 04:26 AM
Trenni is pretty damn fine. She worked as the sort of "on the seen reporter" last year for the Brewers.

Hazel Mae isn't bad either. Look here: http://weblogs.newsday.com/sports/watchdog/blog/hazel_mae_improper_bostonia.jpg

MelkyNYY
12-25-2008, 04:28 AM
Any idea what channel? Because when they were running some of the preview stuff people were talking about I couldn't find it.

Hmm I read somewhere that At&T U-verse was getting it. But here is a list from the Sports B Journal

http://www.bizofbaseball.com/index.php?option=com_content&view=article&catid=&id=1162%3Amlb-network-carriers&Itemid=72

mnrlgry
12-25-2008, 04:30 AM
I can't wait for it to come on. Day two of programming has a three hour special on the Cards 2006 season. :)

MelkyNYY
12-25-2008, 04:33 AM
I can't wait for it to come on. Day two of programming has a three hour special on the Cards 2006 season. :)

I wish they would show some classic Ozzie Smith. One of my favorite players of all time. I bet they will too. Goodbye ESPN, thanks for nothing.

KOENIG
12-25-2008, 12:08 PM
The MLB Network debuts on January 1st. Does anyone know which satellite provider will carry it? DirectTV or Dish Network?

gocubs2118
12-25-2008, 12:43 PM
Channel 213 on DirecTV.

Tragedy
12-25-2008, 12:45 PM
So excited for this station by the way.

It's only channel 83 or something on Fios.

Sportfan
12-25-2008, 12:54 PM
Does anyone know if Dish will ever carry the MLB network?

MetsAllTheWay
12-25-2008, 02:38 PM
I like some of the pre-programming they've been showing. Nice to watch when theres nothing on. Seen the 04 World Series Film and a highlight show.

crankky kentt
12-25-2008, 02:56 PM
do u guys know if the channel will be free for all cable providers??

crankky kentt
12-25-2008, 02:56 PM
well more like for directv???

XxYaNk3eS84xX
12-25-2008, 03:02 PM
you know if it will air on time warner cable?

RiffRaff
12-25-2008, 03:03 PM
I better get this on ATT U-Verse, but I don't think I will. :cry:

I wish I could get U-verse here! It is supposed to be coming soon. As sweet as this channel sounds ... I don't know ... I may rather have U-verse. Do you like it?

RiffRaff
12-25-2008, 03:05 PM

kewl

dbroncos78087
12-25-2008, 03:10 PM
NFL Network has been very good, i see no reason why this shouldnt be just as good.

Tragedy
12-25-2008, 03:18 PM
MLB Network seems like it COULD be very, very, very, very good.

I'm super excited for it.

Southsideheat
12-25-2008, 03:27 PM
:clap: As a baseball nut, I've been waiting for something like this for a long time.

MelkyNYY
12-25-2008, 03:36 PM
kewl

Don't hold me to that, I read it somewhere but I can't find the article anymore, or I think it might have been a Yahoo Answers question.

Anyway, there is a Sports Business Journal article that I posed on the last page that lists the confirm providers and the confirmed providers that won't carry it.

Give it a look.

earias
12-25-2008, 03:46 PM
Being form boston it has been real nice to see Hazel Mae on NESN for a few years...And actually meeting her once...Now the nations will get to love as much as New England and Toronto loves her

liljoecapp
12-25-2008, 04:05 PM
wow im a big fan of Nfl Network.. this is a great idea Mlb Network finnally in the offseason when football is getting boring i get 24/7 Mlb coverage

Sportfan
12-25-2008, 04:15 PM
does anyone know if Dish network will ever carry out MLB network?

whitesoxfan83
12-25-2008, 04:25 PM
* MLB Network will launch on January 1, 2009 at 6:00pm EST with the debut episode of Hot Stove, followed by the original broadcast of Don Larsen's perfect game in the 1956 World Series
* MLB Network will air 26 live games throughout the season
* MLB Tonight is the live, nightly studio show that will be the signature program of the new network
o The show will air live beginning at 6:00 p.m. Eastern until the final MLB game of the night ends between Monday and Saturday
o The show will feature live look-ins of games in progress, updates, highlights, reporting and analysis.
* Hot Stove is the live, nightly off-season studio show and will feature news, reports, and analysis of the moves clubs are making and planning in preparation for the upcoming season
o The show will air during the off-season at 7:00 p.m. Eastern Monday through Friday
o Prime 9 is the countdown program which will air throughout each week. Each program will breakdown the all-time top nine examples of its subject matter

Distribution:

* MLB Network will launch in approximately 50 million homes as the largest network debut in cable history, exceeding any other cable television launch by approximately 20 million
* MLB Network will be broadly distributed across 43 cable and satellite systems on expanded digital basic cable or the equivalent
* MLB Network will be available on major systems including Comcast, Cox, Direct TV, Time Warner, Charter, Cablevision and Verizon FiOS

explain to me anything above thats different from ESPN? the NFL Networks coverage of the NFL is no different than ESPNs, i doubt the MLB network will be any different.

especially since harold reynolds is their lead guy...

the first time i hear someone on that network say ryan howard is better than albert pujols because he had more RBIs im turning it off.

im excited for the new network but im not holding my breath...somehow i think this is going to be just like ESPN but all baseball all the time. for all us stat geeks, i dont think its going to be anything special. (anyone here think they are actually going to talk about stats that we talk about? cause i dont...)

having said that...i do think it will be better than ESPN. but thats really not saying much.

Seamhead
12-25-2008, 04:29 PM
explain to me anything above thats different from ESPN? the NFL Networks coverage of the NFL is no different than ESPNs, i doubt the MLB network will be any different.

especially since harold reynolds is their lead guy...

the first time i hear someone on that network say ryan howard is better than albert pujols because he had more RBIs im turning it off.

im excited for the new network but im not holding my breath...somehow i think this is going to be just like ESPN but all baseball all the time. for all us stat geeks, i dont think its going to be anything special. (anyone here think they are actually going to talk about stats that we talk about? cause i dont...)

having said that...i do think it will be better than ESPN. but thats really not saying much.

**** nah. I still want a lot and wish Dish carried. Ugh. **** Dish.

Gigantes4Life
12-25-2008, 04:35 PM
Yeah, I remember one ESPN analyst used VORP one time and he sounded like a ****ing ******.

METS CP 5
12-26-2008, 12:29 AM
Does anyone know if it will be free or will you have to buy it as an extra package?

bronxbombers427
12-26-2008, 12:43 AM
its channel 86 for verizon

07MVPPatBurrell
12-26-2008, 12:50 AM
it's not espn's fault harold reynolds needed to feel up his female co-workers.

giantspwn
12-26-2008, 12:53 AM
:dance2:

**** ESPN!! I can't wait!

Driven
12-26-2008, 12:54 AM
You guys honestly think that the MLB Network will be better than ESPN?

I feel sad for you people. I'm sure you'll be the same ones who end up *****ing about the MLB Network from day one.

BarryIsInnocent
12-26-2008, 01:11 AM
Not in DIsh Network?

Seamhead
12-26-2008, 01:15 AM
Not in DIsh Network?

Nope.

Southsideheat
12-26-2008, 01:29 AM

I feel sad for you people. I'm sure you'll be the same ones who end up *****ing about the MLB Network from day one.

Any network that doesn't have John Kruk speaking is automatically better. ESPN's personel has just been awful over the last 5 years.

VonHayesOstrich
12-26-2008, 01:42 AM
To all you guys who say that you LOVE the NFL network, do you mean the overall programming? Because I know you cant possibly mean last years God awful Gumble coverage of games, or this years even worse Poppa coverage. Even having the ever goofy Collinsworth trying to save Poppa's mistakes doesnt work. I wish theyd never air any live games again. In fact, i would give up Thursday NFL football to eliminate them having games. The only thing worse than NFL network game coverage is having to suffer through Joe Buck and Troy Aikman make love on air every week. The Cowboys should just create their own version of the ridiculous YES network and hire those two Romosexuals to do every game.

And since this is a thread about the MLB network, I do know that its NOT on the sports tier that the NFL network is with Comcast, its "free" if you pay for digital, and while the nonHD version launches Jan 1, the HD channel launches a few weeks later. No clue about any other providers.

Num1ChiSoxFan
12-26-2008, 01:48 AM
Not in DIsh Network?

this sucks.
ive been waitin for this for a long time & now they dont have it 4 dishnetwrork.. :cry::bs::badidea::bang::mad:

dbroncos78087
12-26-2008, 02:08 AM

I like NFL Network far better than ESPN so i have optimism.

gocubs2118
12-26-2008, 02:15 AM
Anything with Harold Reynolds is worth watching. After ESPN fired him, BBTN really went bad.

Driven
12-26-2008, 03:27 AM
I like NFL Network far better than ESPN so i have optimism.
It's different though. The NFL is a not a league that is dependent on stats. When people complain about ESPN's baseball coverage, they complain about how the analysts don't know anything. They don't use sabremetrics at all.

So when the analysts on the MLB Network neglect those as well, well, it's going to be the same thing.

Or people will complain about ESPN reporters, for whatever reason. The MLB Network isn't going to have better sources.

OR, and perhaps the biggest complaint, is that ESPN is obviously biased towards Boston, New York and the rest of the east coast. The MLB Network will be exactly the same.

Driven
12-26-2008, 03:27 AM
Anything with Harold Reynolds is worth watching. After ESPN fired him, BBTN really went bad.
Harold Reynolds is just as dumb, if not dumber, than the rest of the ESPN analysts.

awesomeovie8
12-26-2008, 07:22 AM
why do people hate on Kruk? Has anybody seen phillips? This guy sucks, he would give any New Yorker a bj if he could. Also dont talk like ESPN hates the yanks, they would show Jeter taking a dump if possible. And they build up a yankee v. sox game way out of proportion. Teams in the central and west dont get any air time because they only talk about the east coast teams.

nygiants242
12-26-2008, 07:38 AM
Harold Reynolds is just as dumb, if not dumber, than the rest of the ESPN analysts.

No way.. I really liked Reynolds

Tragedy
12-26-2008, 09:10 AM
He's far better than the Steve Phillips of the world.

And when you're used to that for the last few years, Harold seems like a godsend.

IRUAM #21
12-26-2008, 10:12 AM
why do people hate on Kruk? Has anybody seen phillips? This guy sucks, he would give any New Yorker a bj if he could. Also dont talk like ESPN hates the yanks, they would show Jeter taking a dump if possible. And they build up a yankee v. sox game way out of proportion. Teams in the central and west dont get any air time because they only talk about the east coast teams.

:clap:

Tekmosis
12-26-2008, 03:02 PM
I have Time Warner Cable.......Anybody know what Channel (If so PM me)

Thanks alot!

ShinobiNYC
12-26-2008, 03:39 PM

Thanks alot!

Effective January 1, 2009: We will launch MLB Network on ch. 174, as a DTV service. In N. Manhattan, Brooklyn, Queens, and Mt. Vernon: MLB Network HD will launch on ch. 783.

MelkyNYY
12-26-2008, 03:41 PM
:clap:

How can anyone support Kruk? John Kruk is the idiot who thinks if a player has a better BA, he is better. He thinks Scott Rolen is better than AROD because he is "grittier" he believes in the fantasy world of baseball.

O and the only reason the Yankees get airtime is because they are the Red Sox biggest rival, and its all about the Sox. So they have to cover the Yankees and bash them every chance they get.

Driven
12-26-2008, 04:13 PM

Thanks alot!

Probably the MLB Network Channel. :)

Driven
12-26-2008, 04:15 PM
O and the only reason the Yankees get airtime is because they are the Red Sox biggest rival, and its all about the Sox. So they have to cover the Yankees and bash them every chance they get.

Umm... no. Pretty sure ESPN covers the Yankees and supports them so much because, well one, they demand the highest ratings, and two, because they're always a great team. If you think ESPN bashes the Yankees then you are absolutely crazy.

I love how fans always thinks the media hates their team. It's like if they say one bad thing about them, then clearly they are biased against that team.

It's like Yankees fans saying that ESPN is biased towards the Red Sox because of Gammons. Yeah, I'm sure Gammons' sources are completely biased to his reporting. Oh, and Buster Olney isn't biased towards the Yankees, though. Just Gammons and the Sox. Or visa versa, obviously.

MelkyNYY
12-26-2008, 04:26 PM
Umm... no. Pretty sure ESPN covers the Yankees and supports them so much because, well one, they demand the highest ratings, and two, because they're always a great team. If you think ESPN bashes the Yankees then you are absolutely crazy.

I love how fans always thinks the media hates their team. It's like if they say one bad thing about them, then clearly they are biased against that team.

It's like Yankees fans saying that ESPN is biased towards the Red Sox because of Gammons. Yeah, I'm sure Gammons' sources are completely biased to his reporting. Oh, and Buster Olney isn't biased towards the Yankees, though. Just Gammons and the Sox. Or visa versa, obviously.

Lol. Olney. Haha.

dx371
12-26-2008, 07:58 PM
I have IO and Im watching it on channel 149 right now...just showing big HRs

4 Hrs for dodgers in the 9th
Bostons back to back to back HRs
Bonds
Delgados 4 HR game

pretty cool

CY24
12-26-2008, 08:22 PM
What channel will it be on for DirecTV?? I can't wait....

awesomeovie8
12-26-2008, 09:29 PM
How can anyone support Kruk? John Kruk is the idiot who thinks if a player has a better BA, he is better. He thinks Scott Rolen is better than AROD because he is "grittier" he believes in the fantasy world of baseball.

is that a joke? So in essence what you are saying is that the popularity of the Yankees on ESPN comes from the popularity of the Red Sox. So basically without the Red Sox you would never hear reporting on the team with highest payroll (and thus the biggest signings of the offseason), the team with the most championships and the team with the largest fan base.

... That seems completely logical and well thought out. I think you are correct.

sboyajian
12-26-2008, 11:14 PM
I've been watching the hours upon hours of spectacular moments and highlights throughout the years.. and I am already hooked.

Flamarlins21
12-26-2008, 11:20 PM
Dang Mae and Kusnierek are pretty hot. Look forward to that :) lol

Sportfan
12-26-2008, 11:30 PM
does anyone know if Dish network will ever carry out MLB network?

bump

mexican dodger
12-29-2008, 06:36 PM
will this channel be included in our package if we already have direct tv? does anyone know?

Tekmosis
12-29-2008, 06:38 PM
Yep, Direct TV has it already...Anyone know what channel for Time Warner Cable?

mexican dodger
12-29-2008, 06:40 PM

they do? so we don't have to pay extra for this channel once it launches?

bronxbombers427
12-29-2008, 06:40 PM
86 for Verizon

Tekmosis
12-29-2008, 06:41 PM
86 for Verizon

Channel 86 or its costs $86 bucks??

mexican dodger
12-29-2008, 06:42 PM

it should be channel 276 for time warner cable Ima ask my bro he works for time warner cable

Tragedy
12-29-2008, 06:44 PM
86 for Verizon
Yup. I've been watching it the last week or so.

Tekmosis
12-29-2008, 06:50 PM
it should be channel 276 for time warner cable Ima ask my bro he works for time warner cable

Thanks;)

gocubs2118
12-29-2008, 07:02 PM
they do? so we don't have to pay extra for this channel once it launches?

Nope. Channel 213.

bloodhawk
12-29-2008, 07:14 PM
crud...I have dish....

ruckus16969
12-29-2008, 07:23 PM
its not 276 for time warner I just checked

ruckus16969
12-29-2008, 07:29 PM
its not available until thursday I guess they have time ticker you can pop in your zip code and find out what chanel http://mlbnetwork.mlb.com/network/index.jsp

vladdy#27
12-29-2008, 07:55 PM
how much is it going to cost

nygiants242
12-29-2008, 07:58 PM
What about Comcast?

DaaBoTownSox
12-30-2008, 01:57 AM
What about Comcast?

Channel 269 or 185 on comcast.

My question is other than DirecTV, are any other carriers going to have it in HD?

CHRISDODGERS
12-30-2008, 02:05 AM
Damn. No Dish....

YanksNats1987
12-30-2008, 02:11 AM
I can't wait for this network to start! But of course about a week in I'll be heading back to school where it won't be carried. :mad:

Just my luck.

blenderboy5
12-30-2008, 02:57 AM
I have comcast and it's gonna cost me extra money :mad:

Tragedy
12-30-2008, 11:29 AM
Damn, that sucks. I'd recommend it. From all the previews and what they've shown so far, it's going to be very, very cool.

Hope they can add better names, as well.

bartoron
12-30-2008, 11:57 AM
It's channel 400 on iO Digital Cable.

Ian.
12-30-2008, 11:58 AM

I currently have Dish, but switching to Comcast tomorrow. How do I know if I have to pay for it or not?

blenderboy5
12-30-2008, 12:30 PM
If you get the basic sports package, MLB Network isn't included. I'd talk to the sales rep or whoever you buy it from.

redline
12-30-2008, 12:41 PM
If you have iO/Cablevision 790 is the HD channel.

nygiants242
12-30-2008, 12:43 PM
Channel 269 or 185 on comcast.

My question is other than DirecTV, are any other carriers going to have it in HD?

Sweet, thanks man.

MrSexy
12-30-2008, 02:17 PM
If you have iO/Cablevision 790 is the HD channel.

Do you need to pay extra for it?

redline
12-30-2008, 02:27 PM
^ I was expecting to but surprisingly it is free.

oak2455
12-30-2008, 02:40 PM
Hey guys dont know I missed it but what channel is it on Diretc tv?? and when will it be on?? Thanks!!!:)

ThisIsTheYear
12-30-2008, 02:51 PM
Hey guys dont know I missed it but what channel is it on Diretc tv?? and when will it be on?? Thanks!!!:)

http://mlbnetwork.mlb.com/network/index.jsp

Enter your zip code on that page and it will tell you.

MrSexy
12-30-2008, 02:55 PM
^ I was expecting to but surprisingly it is free.

Oh sweet! I was hoping i wouldn't have to subscribe to the mlb package or whatever.

Pierzynski4Prez
12-30-2008, 02:58 PM
oh no, where will we go to get our pitch by pitch breakdown of every one of Joba Chamberlin's starts

dodgernation
12-30-2008, 09:02 PM
What channel is it for Cox Cable?

MetsAllTheWay
12-30-2008, 09:04 PM
Do you need to pay extra for it?

I surprised that it was free also. Works for me.

Rampage132
12-31-2008, 01:07 AM
What channel is it for Cox Cable?

channel 261

JWalk126
12-31-2008, 06:51 PM
if you don't know what channel the MLB Network is in your area
try this (http://mlbn.viewerlink.tv/?zip=)

I surprised that it was free also. Works for me.
a lot of channels have free previews for a while, I hope it is not so with MLBN

jibninja5000
12-31-2008, 09:35 PM
26 live games is kinda disappointing, thats only about 1 a week. and no HD I'm guessing? sounds a lot like NBA Network, which is nice in concept, but fails in execution. NFL too. everything about these sport-specific network when you watch feels sub-par, and unsatisfying. the commentators are lucky to get out a sentence without stumbling over their own words. the picture quality, studio quality and production all suffer. even the commercials they play are for weird crap no one buys. i understand that it'll be more convenient when you're in the mood for that specific sport, just don't expect anywhere near the overall quality of an ESPN, or even a YES or SNY. and don't expect to be able to watch for more than 20 minutes at a time.

Giants27
12-31-2008, 10:11 PM
Hope we can see some ST ball.

Gigantes4Life
01-01-2009, 04:39 AM
Wow, I don't have it, how lame.

****ing Comcast, they blow.

80 bucks a month for like 1000 channels where 997 of them suck, and the other three are only good a few hours a week.

This is why TV is bad for you.

FlawlessKB24
01-01-2009, 05:40 AM
i have it in HD for Time Warner
it looks freakin' amazing. they were showing Baseball's epic moments. just a montage of EVERYTHING throughout time including the Rays and Phils
and giving a rundown of what you can expect. one thing cool is that they put their own special cameras in every single ball park so that when they do live look-ins and stuff they have exclusive footage. and tons of other cool stuff. it was an infomercial/show in one lol
it really starts later in the day 1/1

bmac650
01-01-2009, 07:07 AM
Wow, I don't have it, how lame.

****ing Comcast, they blow.

80 bucks a month for like 1000 channels where 997 of them suck, and the other three are only good a few hours a week.

This is why TV is bad for you.

channel 412 on comcast in the bay area

MrSexy
01-01-2009, 04:16 PM
I just checked on my TV (optimum) and it says "To order this channel please call yada yada"

GA16Angels
01-01-2009, 04:30 PM
i have it in HD for Time Warner
it looks freakin' amazing. they were showing Baseball's epic moments. just a montage of EVERYTHING throughout time including the Rays and Phils
and giving a rundown of what you can expect. one thing cool is that they put their own special cameras in every single ball park so that when they do live look-ins and stuff they have exclusive footage. and tons of other cool stuff. it was an infomercial/show in one lol
it really starts later in the day 1/1

What is the HD channel for TW?

MooseWithFleas
01-01-2009, 04:33 PM
Its about ****ing time. **** ESPN and their football hardon. I am so sick of watching sportscenter in june and the lead story being football (whether it favre or whatever). When they do talk baseball its yanks/sox, which I get it, is a big draw, but there are 28 other ****ing teams. If you have comcast, what package do you need to get and how much does it cost per month?

Conor
01-01-2009, 04:51 PM
I can't find it on my TV...hopefully I have it. Some real familiar faces as analysts, interested to see them on the show. Barry Larkin, Mitch Williams, Al Leiter, Harold Fondles...

Rampage132
01-01-2009, 05:19 PM
For anyone who has Cox (or maybe any other network), I went to the channel and it said to call a number to order it, which I did but no one is there until tomorrow because of New Years. I was almost sure that it is for free. Does anyone know, or think, that it will come on when it starts broadcasting, or do you think I won't get it until I talk to customer support?

GiantYankKnicks
01-01-2009, 06:56 PM
Well it launches in less then 5 Min

YANKSJETSKNICKS
01-01-2009, 07:00 PM
its time

Rampage132
01-01-2009, 07:03 PM
No its not working

Gigantes4Life
01-01-2009, 07:03 PM
channel 412 on comcast in the bay area

I know that. But I can't "watch" it.

yanks 4lif3
01-01-2009, 07:04 PM
Looks interesting so far

dx371
01-01-2009, 07:06 PM
and it begins!

ciaban
01-01-2009, 07:13 PM
You Yankee fans are ridiculous first of all Gammons is a good reporter who knows what he is talking about, personally i like Olney better but w/e. Also, you Yankee "fans" start complaining that espn is Boston Bias because they have been loving them the last four years, well 7-8 years ago they were all over the Yankees and if you want to watch Yankee propaganda on a nation wide network just watch fox sports or fox that station still loves the Yankees even though they didn't make the playoffs this year(at the beginning of the 08 playoffs if you had asked Ken Rosenthal who would win the World Series he still would have said the Yankees), guess what if the Mets rattle off 3 titles in 4 years espn will be all about the Mets. they are a SPORTS NEWS NETWORK they have to report on whats topical and interesting to most of their viewers and since a lot of fans are bandwagon jumpers or align themselves with a player they love say Pujols, then what espn will do is follow the really good team and jump on their bandwagon.(unless the team is on the west coast of coarse then they can just ignore them, i mean serriously just because more hall of famers and active/former players have come out of Cali doesn't mean anyone is interested in baseball out there.)

Seamhead
01-01-2009, 08:19 PM
Ugh. **** Dish.

SFloridaSports
01-01-2009, 08:25 PM
It was pretty good and it should be really good at times like September, Trade Deadline, Opening day and spring training.

ShinobiNYC
01-01-2009, 08:42 PM
It worked for me on Optimum Online channel 149 or 400 for SD viewing, enjoying it so far.

Jahari Kavi
01-01-2009, 08:55 PM
gonna go home and check it out 2nite...I've been waiting for this ever since I found out about it..........

jmaest
01-01-2009, 09:22 PM
You Yankee fans are ridiculous first of all Gammons is a good reporter who knows what he is talking about, personally i like Olney better but w/e. Also, you Yankee "fans" start complaining that espn is Boston Bias because they have been loving them the last four years, well 7-8 years ago they were all over the Yankees and if you want to watch Yankee propaganda on a nation wide network just watch fox sports or fox that station still loves the Yankees even though they didn't make the playoffs this year(at the beginning of the 08 playoffs if you had asked Ken Rosenthal who would win the World Series he still would have said the Yankees), guess what if the Mets rattle off 3 titles in 4 years espn will be all about the Mets. they are a SPORTS NEWS NETWORK they have to report on whats topical and interesting to most of their viewers and since a lot of fans are bandwagon jumpers or align themselves with a player they love say Pujols, then what espn will do is follow the really good team and jump on their bandwagon.(unless the team is on the west coast of coarse then they can just ignore them, i mean serriously just because more hall of famers and active/former players have come out of Cali doesn't mean anyone is interested in baseball out there.)

I think every person here can absolutely attest to the fact that I rarely, if ever, insult anyone. I think everyone has an opinion and should be allowed to share it and whether or not people disagree with it is irrelevant.

You sir, however, have forced my hand. You have got to be borderline mentally challenged for some of the thoughts in this absurd post.

Gammons used to be a good reporter but he was NEVER fair and unbiased. He's been a Red Sox homer for 60 years or so. There is simply no way to defend him--and about 90% of Red Sox fans would agree with that.

And Foxsports may actually be more anti-Yankee than ESPN. They have no problem broadcasting Yankee games because the Yankees=ratings which equals $$ in their pockets and they have no problem with that.

Your entire post is one of the most insanely idiotic things I have ever read. At no point in your rambling, incoherent writing were you even close to anything that could be considered a rational thought. Everyone in this forum is now dumber for having read it. I award you no points, and may God have mercy on your soul.

Now, can anyone tell me if FiOS is carrying the MLB network?

MrSexy
01-01-2009, 09:38 PM
I have optimum and I don't get it.

ciaban
01-01-2009, 09:53 PM
I think every person here can absolutely attest to the fact that I rarely, if ever, insult anyone. I think everyone has an opinion and should be allowed to share it and whether or not people disagree with it is irrelevant.

You sir, however, have forced my hand. You have got to be borderline mentally challenged for some of the thoughts in this absurd post.

Gammons used to be a good reporter but he was NEVER fair and unbiased. He's been a Red Sox homer for 60 years or so. There is simply no way to defend him--and about 90% of Red Sox fans would agree with that.

And Foxsports may actually be more anti-Yankee than ESPN. They have no problem broadcasting Yankee games because the Yankees=ratings which equals $$ in their pockets and they have no problem with that.

Your entire post is one of the most insanely idiotic things I have ever read. At no point in your rambling, incoherent writing were you even close to anything that could be considered a rational thought. Everyone in this forum is now dumber for having read it. I award you no points, and may God have mercy on your soul.

Now, can anyone tell me if FiOS is carrying the MLB network?

OK first of all I didn't say Gammons wasn't biased he is, the man was born in Boston and grew up in Mass. worked for the Boston Globe and saw some of the best players in Red Sox history over thouse years, so if at his age he is a lil' biased then whatever. Take what he says with a grain of salt. The man is good at what he dose and what he dose is get inside information in the goings on behind the scene in the front offices of baseball and get info on trades etc... he has more inside sources with more teams than just about anyone else in the media, the man is a Baseball Hall Of Fame honoree which is more than most of the wannabe sports writers and sports analysts on this site(myself included) could ever hope to accomplish. And I have accepted the fact that all major news and sports outlets are just supporters of north eastern teams, and if you think that mlb network wont be riding all over the big three north east teams (redsox,yankees,mets) then think again! come mid-season that is all they will talk about. Also, give it a few years the redsox wont be a power house anymore and espn will forget about them as quickly as they started rooting for them. Any other concerns with my post?

ShinobiNYC
01-01-2009, 11:52 PM

do you have the dtv package(the one in the 29.95 triple package deal)?

jmaest
01-02-2009, 02:21 AM
If anyone is interested, I found it on FIOS. It's channel 86. I don't know if there's a HD channel as of yet. I can't seem to find it.

Right now I'm watching Larsen's perfect game. Pretty awesome...

jmaest
01-02-2009, 02:29 AM
And it will be channel 586 as soon as the HD channel is available...

The 6-4-3
01-02-2009, 05:12 AM
was checkin it out today, not to bad not to bad, it look like Baseball Tonight is being replaced. HD is awesome BtW

Tragedy
01-02-2009, 11:08 AM
Watched a few minutes of it last night. Obviously today yesterday wasn't the most exciting start, but obviously this has been a slow moving offseason. I'll be far more excited once March comes around.

nady4president
01-03-2009, 04:10 PM
Anyone who has Dish Network please go to mlb.com and click on the MLB Network and click to write a complaint saying that you request that it is available! Please I need your help!

MetsAllTheWay
01-05-2009, 12:17 AM

You sure? If you have iO your supposed to have it. Channel 147 for me, 790 on HD

Sergio1984
01-05-2009, 12:29 AM
No MLB Network for Dish Network is extremely gay.

MooseWithFleas
01-05-2009, 08:25 PM
THIS CHANNEL ****ING OWNS!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! !!!!!! Pure unbiased baseball coverage. Frickin awesome. Just watched a special on Dimaggio's hit streak, Williams batting .400, Rose passing Cobb, all phenomenal. They have specials on stadiums in baseball, which looks real interesting. The show "Prime 9" looks awesome. Tomorrow they are having a special on the origins of the game. This is how baseball was meant to be covered. I may never watch ESPN ever again

ShinobiNYC
01-05-2009, 09:41 PM
THIS CHANNEL ****ING OWNS!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! !!!!!! Pure unbiased baseball coverage. Frickin awesome. Just watched a special on Dimaggio's hit streak, Williams batting .400, Rose passing Cobb, all phenomenal. They have specials on stadiums in baseball, which looks real interesting. The show "Prime 9" looks awesome. Tomorrow they are having a special on the origins of the game. This is how baseball was meant to be covered. I may never watch ESPN ever again

The top 9 list of CFers blows though....Cobb better than Mantle?!?!? :confused:

MooseWithFleas
01-05-2009, 10:21 PM
Cobb did bat .368 for his career...