PDA

View Full Version : Resign mike bibby!

ClemsonTigers32
12-25-2008, 12:32 AM
I am pretty tired of hearing rumors about if the Hawks are going to trade Mike Bibby.. Bibby has been playing lights out and has showed that he has been the difference in greatness and mediocrity that the hawks experienced without him.. Give him a 3 year contract.. Find a young point guard to groom.. and Enjoy the show..

BTW.. Acie Law is NOT the point guard of the future.. im not completely sure what happened to him.. but his jump shot sucks and his mental ability on the court is lackadaisical if even that..

so in conclusion...

RESIGN MIKE BIBBY TO A 3 YEAR EXTENSION!!

Rick Sund.. show you are more capable then Knight.. keep your players in a hawks uniform!

dawgsfan_45
12-25-2008, 12:08 PM
I am pretty tired of hearing rumors about if the Hawks are going to trade Mike Bibby.. Bibby has been playing lights out and has showed that he has been the difference in greatness and mediocrity that the hawks experienced without him.. Give him a 3 year contract.. Find a young point guard to groom.. and Enjoy the show..

BTW.. Acie Law is NOT the point guard of the future.. im not completely sure what happened to him.. but his jump shot sucks and his mental ability on the court is lackadaisical if even that..

so in conclusion...

RESIGN MIKE BIBBY TO A 3 YEAR EXTENSION!!

Rick Sund.. show you are more capable then Knight.. keep your players in a hawks uniform!

I agree about resigning him but Acie Law has definitely been stepping it up this year. Hes done very well and the mental game will start to come along. But last time I checked a PGs jump shot doesnt have to be very good anyways but i dont see where you getting that from anyways.

ClemsonTigers32
12-26-2008, 11:42 PM
um i must be missing something.. Law fell out of the rotation because he did exactly the opposite.. Flip has basically taken over the backup PG spot.. Not sure exactly what your definition of stepping up is.. Maybe its his 39% Field Goal Shooting or his 25% from 3-Point.. maybe his 3 points per game.. or his 10 minutes per game.. which will continue to decrease.. a PG should be able to make plays both passing and shooting otherwise he is one dimensional.. especially when you are a top 10 pick.. To this point he is a bust imo.. just thank god we got Horford in that draft

jwn0303
12-27-2008, 12:09 AM
I love how you define a point guard by only giving his shooting stats. gg

Anyone who has seen him play this year knows he has came a long way. He makes things happen when he gets in there. The reason he doesn't play is because Bibby is having a great year and rarely leaves the court, and when he does, the spark plug comes in.

NYMetros
12-27-2008, 01:06 AM
Acie Law isn't that bad. He almost averages 10 points and 5 assists per 36 minutes played, which isn't terrible. Give him some time, he has a lot of potential.

ClemsonTigers32
12-27-2008, 01:16 AM
I love how you define a point guard by only giving his shooting stats. gg

Anyone who has seen him play this year knows he has came a long way. He makes things happen when he gets in there. The reason he doesn't play is because Bibby is having a great year and rarely leaves the court, and when he does, the spark plug comes in.

Trust me i have watched just about every game.. when you pick a PG in the top 10 in the NBA draft they should be farther along in the second year.. yes sometimes he makes the occasional flashy drive but he is incredibly inconsistent.. and i just do not trust his decision making..

He is a decent PG.. whatever.. but he was a TOP 10 pick.. he should be more than just a decent PG..

and gg? ha.. i gave his shooting stats as 1 example.. im aware that doesnt define him.. it is one factor into the many different factors that make him up as a player at this point in his career..

I just don't see the growth from his disappointing rookie season to this season.. im not saying he isn't ever going to become good.. i just don't ever see him as that franchise PG..

I'm afraid if we are dumb and don't sign Bibby we will be signing a high price FA or using a high draft pick on a PG in 1 years time

You can disagree with me all you want.. but the growth from year 1 to year 2 physically, mentally, and just plain old skills is just not up to par whatsoever

:cool:

dawgsfan_45
12-27-2008, 01:56 AM
Trust me i have watched just about every game.. when you pick a PG in the top 10 in the NBA draft they should be farther along in the second year.. yes sometimes he makes the occasional flashy drive but he is incredibly inconsistent.. and i just do not trust his decision making..

He is a decent PG.. whatever.. but he was a TOP 10 pick.. he should be more than just a decent PG..

and gg? ha.. i gave his shooting stats as 1 example.. im aware that doesnt define him.. it is one factor into the many different factors that make him up as a player at this point in his career..

I just don't see the growth from his disappointing rookie season to this season.. im not saying he isn't ever going to become good.. i just don't ever see him as that franchise PG..

I'm afraid if we are dumb and don't sign Bibby we will be signing a high price FA or using a high draft pick on a PG in 1 years time

You can disagree with me all you want.. but the growth from year 1 to year 2 physically, mentally, and just plain old skills is just not up to par whatsoever

:cool:

I have to. When he plays he does very good for being a backup second year point guard. I think you should have some ****ing patience. Hes doing much better. There arent many players that are really good their second year like Al Horford. I really dont understand what kind of point you are trying make here.

ClemsonTigers32
12-27-2008, 12:57 PM
I have to. When he plays he does very good for being a backup second year point guard. I think you should have some ****ing patience. Hes doing much better. There arent many players that are really good their second year like Al Horford. I really dont understand what kind of point you are trying make here.

How about Rodney Stuckey who was picked 4 picks later.. or Al Thornton who was picked 3 picks later.. or hell even carl landry with the 31st pick.. busted pick in my opinion.. Knight was to desperate for a PG and just picked who all the fans said he should.. a lot of rookies have an strong first and second year.. especially when they are picked within the top 15 picks

dawgsfan_45
12-27-2008, 10:57 PM
How about Rodney Stuckey who was picked 4 picks later.. or Al Thornton who was picked 3 picks later.. or hell even carl landry with the 31st pick.. busted pick in my opinion.. Knight was to desperate for a PG and just picked who all the fans said he should.. a lot of rookies have an strong first and second year.. especially when they are picked within the top 15 picks

Just stop. Really, why would we pick Landry when we just drafted Horford? :pity:
Or draft Thornton when we have Marvin Williams and Josh Smith. You dont know what you are talking about because you are just an ignorant idiot. If you knew anything about sports you would know it takes players a while to reach their full potential.

Sevilla91
12-28-2008, 03:18 AM
hey guys, this would all of not been a problem if the hawks would of gotten chris paul instead of marvin williams

dawgsfan_45
12-28-2008, 03:25 AM
hey guys, this would all of not been a problem if the hawks would of gotten chris paul instead of marvin williams

And?
We have the 4th best record in the East. Al Horford is going to be a great player and have just as big of an impact as Chris Paul. Marvin Williams is starting to break out of his shell. Hes going to be very good, you will see.