PDA

View Full Version : DPE For Knicks, Used On Delfino?

phlp_bj
12-24-2008, 10:52 PM
A person with knowledge of the situation told Newsday that the Knicks are confident that the team is due a disabled player exception (DPE) after Cuttino Mobley's retirement. An official decision from the league office may not be handed down until after the new year.

The Knicks could use the DPE to sign 6-6 shooting guard Carlos Delfino to an offer sheet. Delfino is playing in Russia and is the property of the Raptors which would have an opportunity to match the offer.

Delfino converted 38% of his three-point field goal attempts playing in Toronto last season.

http://www.newsday.com/sports/basketball/knicks/ny-spknix245976350dec24,0,6890599.story

marvILLous
12-24-2008, 10:57 PM
toronto's going to do something for sure

king4day
12-25-2008, 01:33 AM
It would be a solid signing, but I don't think the Raps will let him go (without a sign and trade attempt at least)

Giaps
12-25-2008, 02:05 AM
Would Raps match $9 million for 2 years?

Also, can you combine the DPE with a trade exception? Possibly to outbid Toronto (and overpay for Delfino) the same way the Knicks signed Duhon. They paid more, but he was given a short term contract. I seriously doubt we would offer him anything past 2010.

marvILLous
12-25-2008, 03:57 AM
It would be a solid signing, but I don't think the Raps will let him go (without a sign and trade attempt at least)

yea that's what i was thinking.

SensandRaps
12-25-2008, 02:22 PM
raptors are not going to let him go to the knicks that easily imo. the raptors either match the offer cuz delfino improves our weakest position or they do a sign and trade with the knicks to acquire tradeable assets which can help the raptors make deals later.

_Sn1P3r_
12-25-2008, 03:38 PM

That's what I would've thought too. And I hope we do that.

Hustla23
12-25-2008, 03:56 PM
Why would the knicks even think of a trade. They don't need Delfino. It would just be nice to have him.

It's either he accepts our contract or nothing.

So forget about any "tradable assets."

Giaps
12-25-2008, 06:09 PM
Why would the knicks even think of a trade. They don't need Delfino. It would just be nice to have him.

It's either he accepts our contract or nothing.

So forget about any "tradable assets."
You nailed it on the head. He either signs with us or he doesn't. We won't trade anybody to get him.