PDA

View Full Version : Execs Expect Curry To Be Traded To Bobcats

phlp_bj
12-24-2008, 08:43 PM
Eddy Curry is getting close to returning to action but his stay in New York could be short lived. The Bobcats have expressed interest in acquiring Curry, who reportedly would welcome a change of scenery.

"I don't know what's going to happen," Curry said. "I enjoyed playing for Larry [Brown] when he was here."

The thinking among some NBA executives is that before this season's trade deadline, the Bobcats will send Boris Diaw and Raja Bell to the Knicks in a deal for Curry and possibly David Lee.

Such a move would save the Knicks an additional $2 million in salary cap room for the summer of 2010.

http://www.nydailynews.com/sports/basketball/knicks/2008/12/23/2008-12-23_al_harrington_is_planning_an_inside_job.html

Kyben36
12-24-2008, 08:53 PM
Curry would fit in well with the Bobcats. A team full of scrubs, He may actualy be the best Scub on that team. JK. I think he would do well but I dont see him and Okafor coexisting Too long

still1ballin
12-24-2008, 08:54 PM
LOL Diaw and Bell moving all over the place, but now they can play for their old coach again so it makes sense.

Westbrook36
12-24-2008, 09:05 PM
Curry would fit in well with the Bobcats. A team full of scrubs, He may actualy be the best Scub on that team. JK. I think he would do well but I dont see him and Okafor coexisting Too long

Dont see why it wouldnt work. Okafor is a PF and Eddy Curry is a C.

Lineup of

Raymond Felton
Blank?
Gerald Wallace
Emeka Okafor
Eddy Curry

Isnt that bad.

SeoulBeatz
12-24-2008, 09:09 PM
wow the Knicks would have to give up David Lee as well?

That would be a no go for me. David Lee has 16-10 game and hes young, this would be a stupid trade for the Knicks as they would have absolutely no size in the frontcourt left.

Lakerfan8032
12-24-2008, 09:19 PM
It's beyond me why anyone would want Eddy Curry. He's a bum. He can score a little but what else can he do to help a team win? If there is any truth to this rumor then Michael Jordan is officially a dumbass as an executive. David Lee would be nice but not if it is Curry who's tagging along.

_Sn1P3r_
12-24-2008, 09:29 PM

Lineup of

Raymond Felton
Blank?
Gerald Wallace
Emeka Okafor
Eddy Curry

Isnt that bad.

DJ Augustin probably.

And that's interesting, a reuniting of D'Antoni with Diaw and Bell.

Lakers4ItAll
12-24-2008, 09:31 PM
It's funny how the Knick's are making all these moves based on the FA market in 2010. If I was a Knicks fan I would be pissed that they are basically giving up on 08' & 09'

Kyben36
12-24-2008, 09:59 PM

Lineup of

Raymond Felton
Blank?
Gerald Wallace
Emeka Okafor
Eddy Curry

Isnt that bad.

Yes, But Okafor has no jump shot. A feal PF should have a jump shot. either that or a C with a jump shot. 2 back to the basket players realy cant coexist IMO. Thats why Eddie and Randolph did not work. You need some High low action. Not Low Low action. SRY but just an opinion.

Morgan
12-24-2008, 10:10 PM

That would be a no go for me. David Lee has 16-10 game and hes young, this would be a stupid trade for the Knicks as they would have absolutely no size in the frontcourt left.

I know. David Lee is the one guy on that team that you want to keep. He plays hard every night, has a great attitude, and not to mention that he's pretty damn good. I'd rather have David Lee on my team than Raja Bell and Boris Diaw any day but, it's not my team.

LeBrizzle
12-24-2008, 10:25 PM
Knicks:

PG: Chris Duhon
SG: Raja Bell
SF: Boris Diaw
PF: Al Harrington
C: ??????

superkegger
12-24-2008, 10:26 PM

Lineup of

Raymond Felton
Blank?
Gerald Wallace
Emeka Okafor
Eddy Curry

Isnt that bad.

Agreed. I would think Okafor and Curry would be a good frontcourt duo. They play pretty much opposite styles of ball...Curry is pretty much all offense, and Okafor is pretty much all defense.

I know. David Lee is the one guy on that team that you want to keep. He plays hard every night, has a great attitude, and not to mention that he's pretty damn good. I'd rather have David Lee on my team than Raja Bell and Boris Diaw any day but, it's not my team.

Here's my take on it. Yeah, david lee is prety studly. I love his game and his style. But, he's going to be due a pretty handsome payday here pretty soon. And as we all well know, the Knicks are about 2010, not 08 and 09. So while Lee would be nice to have around, if you can move Curry and get a guy in Diaw, who would then be starting, and playing in a system he's good with and under a coach he loves, it makes sense.

dgreat5000
12-24-2008, 10:28 PM
I dont understand why they would want to trade David Lee, but Diaw, Bell and Curry goin back to their old coaches makes sense...

Iodine
12-24-2008, 10:52 PM
That would be a great trade for the katz even without lee. However having a post duo that combined could average one assist combined is no bueno

michaelb2254
12-24-2008, 11:10 PM
It's funny how the Knick's are making all these moves based on the FA market in 2010. If I was a Knicks fan I would be pissed that they are basically giving up on 08' & 09'

Yep, it would be so funny if no big names went there in 2010.

Driven
12-24-2008, 11:15 PM
I think the Bulls could use Curry back, badly.

MiamiHeat
12-24-2008, 11:25 PM
Curry for MVP? :p

Nets fan 93
12-24-2008, 11:51 PM
Knicks:

Duhon
Bell
Chandler|Richardson... Whichever
Diaw
Harrington

Iodine
12-24-2008, 11:54 PM
Lol if you think harrington can even last 5 minutes at C without being rapped harcore

b_rad23
12-25-2008, 12:06 AM
Duhon
Bell
Chandler|Richardson... Whichever
Diaw
Harrington

I'd switch Diaw with Harrington, but either way, it's definitely the softest frontline I've ever seen.

what54!?
12-25-2008, 12:12 AM
I say with curry and larry brown at coach they COULD make the playoffs.

innovator
12-25-2008, 12:15 AM
they will trade david lee because he would want a big contract when his current contract expires and the knicks management doesnt want to give him a big contract because it will destroy ther 2010 plan

Lakerfrk
12-25-2008, 12:18 AM
Knicks:

With D'Antoni coaching.... you're probably looking more like..

SF: Quentin Richardson
C: Boris Diaw

Diaw played center for the Suns a lot....

Lakers4ItAll
12-25-2008, 01:05 AM
Yep!

Yep, it would be so funny if no big names went there in 2010.

king4day
12-25-2008, 01:07 AM
Really bad deal for the Cats. Diaw is showing how valuable he is when he's the focal point. You don't know what you'll get with Curry. And Lee at this stage is an energy player. IMO, the Cats are worse with this deal unless Curry can prove otherwise.

It sounds like Curry will be back to NY soon for what seems to be a trial for teams to look at him.
I think he'll get dealt, but not to the Cats. By that time, they will see how valuable Diaw is and that it ain't worth losing him for.

Giaps
12-25-2008, 02:15 AM
Curry is buond to get dealt before 2010 but I don't buy that he'll get paired with Lee or be traded for Bell/Diaw. It may happen, but Walsh will try to trade Curry separately, preferably for someone who expires before 2010 or makes less money than Curry (would also save them money).

It's looking more and more like we won't be resigning Lee, so if we're gonna lose him we may as well get something in return for him.

Fans in Asia
12-25-2008, 05:32 AM
If that's true, it would be very interesting...

Why don't they do a three-team deal at the first place?

Now Diaw and Bell may play for Bobcats for 5-10 games and then go to Knicks. Sounds silly but everything is possible in this world...

Another Jazz Fans in Asia
http://jazzfansinasia.blogspot.com

nygiants242
12-25-2008, 06:15 AM
Curry is trash, I wouldn't want him on my team at ALL

black1605
12-25-2008, 06:21 AM
i hope we keep Diaw

nygiants242
12-25-2008, 06:22 AM
If Cats give up Diaw.. then WOW lol if they keep him then they just got a lot better

black1605
12-25-2008, 06:40 AM
we are 3-3 with him, and one of those loses was to detroit when we came back from 30 down to bring it to within 1, but couldnt pull it out

$ NyC $
12-25-2008, 06:49 AM
For those thinking Curry + Okafor combo wont work just look at Camby + Z-bo. Putting two opposite big men together works. But as for the trade NO WAY IN HELL this trade goes through if Lee is included. It would be a TOTAL ripoff 4 the Knicks.

black1605
12-25-2008, 07:00 AM
not to mention, our goal is to move Oak to power froward....if we got Curry and Lee, what do we do? have Lee come off the bench? i dont think so

raptor fan
12-25-2008, 10:43 AM
if a deal is gonna happen that sends eddy curry to the bobcats, its gonna have to be followed by another deal. the knicks won't have anyone that would be able to start at the C position. here's a 3 team deal that might work out

Knicks trade: Eddy Curry + David Lee + Malik Rose
Knicks recieve: Raja Bell + Boris Diaw + Etan Thomas + Oleksiy Pecherov + 2nd round pick

Bobcats trade: Boris Diaw + Raja Bell + 2nd round pick
Bobcats recieve: Eddy Curry + David Lee

Wizards trade: Etan Thomas + Oleksiy Pecherov
Wizards recieve: Malik Rose

Why for the Knicks: They get rid of Eddy Curry's contract and recieve 2 guys who would play well in the knicks system (diaw, bell). also, they compensate from losing their bigman by trading an expiring contract for a tough-nosed center in etan thomas, who has 2 years left on his contract, and a young big in pecherov. Thomas' contract ends in 2010, which is the type of contract that they are looking for.

Why for the Bobcats?: They get one of the most efficient bigmen in the league in david lee, and they fill a glaring weakness on their team by acquiring eddy curry. whether he works out or not is yet to be determined

Why for the Wizards?: They have an abundance of C (Haywood, McGee, Pecherov, Thomas). In this deal, they ship off the 2 years left on Thomas's deal for an expiring contract. This deal also allows McGee to experience more playing time and therefore promote his development.

FOBolous
12-25-2008, 11:45 AM
they should keep David Lee...he would compliment whoever they get in 2010 very well