PDA

View Full Version : Doc Rivers: Celtics Should Be Home On Christmas

JordansBulls
12-24-2008, 07:18 PM
Source: BostonGlobe (http://www.boston.com/sports/basketball/celtics/articles/2008/12/24/crowd_gets_into_la_game_early/)

A Christmas surprise
Doc Rivers said he was surprised when he learned before the season that the Celtics were scheduled to play an away game on Christmas.

"They told me we were playing on Christmas Day and I didn't really look at it, I just assumed it was at home," he said. "Then I saw it was on the road, and I said, 'What's that?'

"I'm sure arena availability probably had something to do with it. It's not just they wanted to play it in LA, but as a coach, I'll make it that way.

"One of the things I did before the season, the league has the coaches send in rules suggestions, I said one of the packages of winning the title is you should get the ring, the trophy, and a guaranteed home date on Christmas Day. So let's hope that gets through."

I agree with Doc that the Celtics should have had the game at home on Christmas considering they are the champion. They should get the luxury of being at home on Christmas.

Lakers4ItAll
12-24-2008, 07:34 PM
Staples is always filled with stars ect it just seem's as a better place on Christmas day. Plus the Weather prolly sucks in Boston right now...

kingjanjic
12-24-2008, 07:48 PM
Staples is always filled with stars ect it just seem's as a better place on Christmas day. Plus the Weather prolly sucks in Boston right now...

excally, LA is a large market with so many stars that come and watch, it would only make sense to have the game in LA.

plus when LA wins the arena is gonna go crazy

Lakers4ItAll
12-24-2008, 07:55 PM
I understand what Doc is sayin tho they are the Champs and deserve to play at home on Xmas.....

still1ballin
12-24-2008, 08:01 PM
Too bad so sad.

SeoulBeatz
12-24-2008, 08:11 PM
dumbass doc, shouldnt have assumed

magichatnumber9
12-24-2008, 08:13 PM
this is gonna be a fun game

NYMetros
12-24-2008, 08:20 PM
I agree with Doc.

Nothing he can do about it though.

IBleedPurple
12-24-2008, 08:23 PM
Celtics should be home, or not even have to play on christmas. Who cares about the movie stars? It's not like they make the game better or have trouble getting a day off work to go see a game any other day.

hotpotato1092
12-24-2008, 08:32 PM
It's just another game, the lakers get this one at home but it's not like the celtics won't get the lakers at home. Anyway should be a great game

superkegger
12-24-2008, 08:33 PM
boohoo

JJ81
12-24-2008, 08:58 PM
No way, it's like a tradition that Lakers play home on xmas day

Corey
12-24-2008, 09:17 PM
It's understandable that he'd expect a home game on Christmas. The C's are the reigning champs.

Wilson
12-24-2008, 09:38 PM
No way, it's like a tradition that Lakers play home on xmas day

We played in Miami a couple of years ago.

Personally, I don't think there should be any Christmas day games. A lot of the players have families, they need to be at home opening presents with their children, not on the other side of the country playing a basketball game.