PDA

View Full Version : PG: The position of the future

indy787
12-24-2008, 03:05 AM
The number of young point guards in this league is astonishing. From first year players to third year players, I do not remember any other time when there were this many good floor generals. Five years down the road, who do you think will be the top five PGs in the league? I think:

1. OJ Mayo
2. Chris Paul
3. Rajon Rondo
4. Devin Harris
5. Derrick Rose

I think Mayo is going to be NUTS, I cannot believe Minnesota traded him let alone that he was not the first selection in the draft.

KingOf215
12-24-2008, 04:00 AM
no love for d-will?

KG2TB
12-24-2008, 04:20 AM
Mayo's not a point guard man. Also, the reason he wasn't the first pick is because Derrick Rose is better, plain and simple. Rose is a better facilitator and a better leader. The only thing Mayo has on Rose is about 3 points on his average, and that's only because Rose is very passive right now and isn't the chucker \ ball hog Mayo is. But to answer the question, top 5 PG in the future

1. Chris Paul
2. Derrick Rose
3. Deron Williams
4. Rodney Stuckey
5. Devin Harris

hotpotato1092
12-24-2008, 04:35 AM
Dwill never gets love in these threads even though he's just a notch below CP3 and the league's second best point guard.

KobeIs
12-24-2008, 04:38 AM
Mayo's not a point guard man. Also, the reason he wasn't the first pick is because Derrick Rose is better, plain and simple. Rose is a better facilitator and a better leader. The only thing Mayo has on Rose is about 3 points on his average, and that's only because Rose is very passive right now and isn't the chucker \ ball hog Mayo is. But to answer the question, top 5 PG in the future

1. Chris Paul
2. Derrick Rose
3. Deron Williams
4. Rodney Stuckey
5. Devin Harris

I'd switch Rose wit Williams. I'm a huge fan of Rose but theres no way he's better then D Will.

I'd move Harris to 4 and put calderon or someone at the five.

KG2TB
12-24-2008, 04:42 AM
I'd switch Rose wit Williams. I'm a huge fan of Rose but theres no way he's better then D Will.

I'd move Harris to 4 and put calderon or someone at the five.

D-Will's the better PG right now, I agree. However the question was who will be the best in 5 years, and I think Rose will definitely be better than Williams. I think Rose has a chance to surpass CP3 but I really love and respect Paul's game and in the end I say Rose will just be a HAIR below him. Titles and playoff success will really decide that.

Sixerlover
12-24-2008, 04:46 AM
Your right, the amount of young star PG's right now is insane. Your order is just mixed up, and missing the 2nd best PG in the league

Lincoln Logs
12-24-2008, 04:59 AM
Monta Ellis :)

kurtismurray
12-24-2008, 05:24 AM
I don't understand how you can even forget about D-Will... I mean, if you're talking about PG's, Deron better be mentioned in top 2 or 3... I mean... c'mon, OJ isn't even a PG and no way he's better than Williams. Rose is a rookie and proved nothing yet. Harris is up and coming and really good. Calderon sucks. Nash is old. Kidd is garbage now, not past though. Deron Williams is just BARELY below Chris Paul. Deron has led his team to the western conference Finals... something none of those guys have done. cept' Rondo who had KG, Allen and Pierce, so... doesn't count.

nygiants242
12-24-2008, 05:26 AM
I freaking hated Rondo but honestly the kid is a ****ing flat out stud.

nygiants242
12-24-2008, 05:27 AM
no love for d-will?

Good point, guy's still young

fredv
12-24-2008, 07:51 AM
put Brooks on that list

SeoulBeatz
12-24-2008, 07:58 AM
Chris Paul
Derrick Rose
Devon Harris
Deron Williams
Rodney Stuckey

SeoulBeatz
12-24-2008, 07:59 AM
put Brooks on that list

no

lol hes been playing very well, but from the few Rockets games ive seen this season, he really needs to work on his on-ball defense, something the people on my list all have an edge on him.

fredv
12-24-2008, 08:59 AM
no

lol hes been playing very well, but from the few Rockets games ive seen this season, he really needs to work on his on-ball defense, something the people on my list all have an edge on him.

Funny you are talking about future PG's and then you talk about Brooks ACTUAL game.. kind of contradictory...

Fmaranesi
12-24-2008, 09:13 AM
1. C. Paul
2. D. Williams
3. R. Rondo
4. D. Rose
5. D. Harris

Honorable Mention : M. Chalmers, J. Nelson, and R. Stuckey

njnets
12-24-2008, 11:37 AM
no dwill lmao. good one. and stuckey should be on that list too.

jehovah joe
12-24-2008, 11:57 AM
c. paul
d. williams
d. rose
d. harris
r. stuckey
j. nelson
m. ellis
mayo
rondo
george hill
d.j augustine

*ricky rubio

UofA
12-24-2008, 12:24 PM
1. Chris Paul
2. Derrick Rose
3. Rajon Rondo
4. Deron Williams
5. Devin Harris
6. Rodney Stuckey
7. Monta Ellis
8. Jose Calderon

jkiddvc20
12-24-2008, 01:00 PM
Holy crap is Rondo Overratted my god I would take at least about 10 pgs right now in the nba over him.
In no order

1.Chris Paul
2.Devin Harris
3.Deron Williams
4.Derrick Rose
5.O.J Mayo
6.Jose Calderon
7.Monta Ellis
8.Steve Nash
9.Baron Davis
10.Gilbert Arenas

I would take all of those guys in a heartbeat over Rondo.

theuuord
12-24-2008, 01:17 PM
in five years, it'll be Paul, Williams, Harris, and Rose. Everyone else is the next tier. Although, with the draft, who knows...

UofA
12-24-2008, 02:08 PM
Holy crap is Rondo Overratted my god I would take at least about 10 pgs right now in the nba over him.
In no order

1.Chris Paul
2.Devin Harris
3.Deron Williams
4.Derrick Rose
5.O.J Mayo
6.Jose Calderon
7.Monta Ellis
8.Steve Nash
9.Baron Davis
10.Gilbert Arenas

I would take all of those guys in a heartbeat over Rondo.

Its supposed to be in five years, you think nash, davis, and arenas will be better than rondo then?

nalej85
12-25-2008, 08:18 AM
I like Stuckey's game and he will be a beast in coming years..Someone else to keep on your radar is Ramon Sessions of Milwaulkee Bucks..I can't figure how Luke Ridnour is starting over him? What do you think of Jordan Farmar?? he plays his *** off and if Phil Jackson didn't have a fixation of starting veterans only,he would be turning alot more heads...

1. Chris Paul
2. Deron Williams
3. Rajon Rondo
4. Derrick Rose/Stuckey
5. Jameer Nelson/Calderon

MiamiHeat
12-25-2008, 01:28 PM
1. C. Paul
2. D. Williams
3. R. Rondo
4. D. Rose
5. D. Harris

Honorable Mention : M. Chalmers, J. Nelson, and R. Stuckey

:D
:clap:

Z-ray21
12-26-2008, 11:01 AM
chris paul
deron williams
Derrick rose
Devin Harris
Rajon Rondo (most improved player this Year)
Rodney Stuckey ( he will get the pistons a champioship in the future)

SpeeMN
12-26-2008, 11:16 AM
people are putting rookies over olympics players! The first two are

CHris Paul
Deron William

Gold Medals, then the rest

NYMetros
12-26-2008, 11:23 AM
1. CP3
2. Deron Williams
3. Derrick Rose
4. Devin Harris
5. Rajon Rondo

ematz1423
12-26-2008, 11:26 AM
1. cp3
2. Rose
3.D-will
4.Devin harris
5. sleeper pick Mike Conley/Jerryd Bayless

Sportfan
12-26-2008, 11:31 AM
cp3
d-will
rose
harris
rondo(tie)
stuckey(tie)

albertc86
12-26-2008, 11:46 AM
Seriously, how can you forget about D. Williams? He's just as potent as CP3. He can shoot, dribble, and pass extremely well. Not to mention, not too many PG's can match up with him because of his strength.

And Nalej85, I'm a Laker fan, but not even I would include Farmar on the list. He's a good player, but he will never be an all-star. I'm worried that he won't be the same player anymore after the surgery. I always thought a leg injury would derail his career because he's so reliant on his speed and jumping ability. That's why I never liked the idea of him attacking the rim the way he does; it's an accident waiting to happen.

JakeDelbreezy
12-26-2008, 11:54 AM
Rondo has the benefit of play with 3 guys who could all be futuer HOF'ers. I think his value is somewhat propped up by that. Don't take that as an insult though, I think he's a great player...but being on that team enhances any player's stats.

Wow, not much love for DJ Augustin. The guy's a baller. In his head to head matchup with Rose he outplayed him. I think "in 5 years":

CP3
D-Will
Rose
Harris
Augustin

Amaradio15
12-26-2008, 11:54 AM
The original post said: Who's going to be the top 5 PG's in 5 years? He didn't say right now. Deron Williams, although he's great right now, will not be a top 5 PG in 5 years. I believe it will be Chris Paul, Derrick Rose, Monta Ellis, Rodney Stucky, and OJ Mayo. Rondo isn't a top 5 PG because he plays with KG, Allen, and Pierce. If he was on a different team, I guarentee he wouldn't have the success he does with Boston. He's good, don't get me wrong but not a top PG. Anyway, please read the original post before getting mad!

DrDEADalready
12-26-2008, 11:59 AM
The original post said: Who's going to be the top 5 PG's in 5 years? He didn't say right now. Deron Williams, although he's great right now, will not be a top 5 PG in 5 years. I believe it will be Chris Paul, Derrick Rose, Monta Ellis, Rodney Stucky, and OJ Mayo. Rondo isn't a top 5 PG because he plays with KG, Allen, and Pierce. If he was on a different team, I guarentee he wouldn't have the success he does with Boston. He's good, don't get me wrong but not a top PG. Anyway, please read the original post before getting mad!

What kind of crack have you smoked? what makes you think Dwill will fall off from where he is at now in five years. he's right behind cp3. so think before you make stupid posts

wwwhat
12-26-2008, 12:10 PM

What? How will D-Will get worse? He's a big PG, if anyone'll get worse it'll be CP3 who could lose his quickness and could be worn down in the future.

And OJ Mayo isn't a PG.

NYY2009
12-26-2008, 12:29 PM
The number of young point guards in this league is astonishing. From first year players to third year players, I do not remember any other time when there were this many good floor generals. Five years down the road, who do you think will be the top five PGs in the league? I think:

1. OJ Mayo
2. Chris Paul
3. Rajon Rondo
4. Devin Harris
5. Derrick Rose

I think Mayo is going to be NUTS, I cannot believe Minnesota traded him let alone that he was not the first selection in the draft.

oj mayo is not a point guard he is a 2. I think the top 5 POINT GUARDS in the nba will be:
1. CHRIS PAUL
2.DERRICK ROSE
3.DERON WILLIAMS
4.RODNEY STUCKEY
5.DEVIN HARRIS