PDA

View Full Version : Diaw, Bell's impact on Charlotte

homestarunner93
12-24-2008, 02:43 AM
Diaw's impact on Charlotte has been dramatic in the five games he has played here. The Bobcats average about eight more points and shoot 3.5 percentage points better. He's averaging 16.8 points and 4.2 assists and shooting 53 percent from the field.
http://msn.foxsports.com/nba/gameTrax?gameId=2008122330

Interesting tidbit I found at the bottom of the box score on foxsports. They attribute it all to Diaw, but I say Bell's got a part too. These guys have really shored our team up.

fenikz
12-24-2008, 05:58 AM
I find it amazing that Diaw is actually shooting the ball, he has a ton of talent but mentally he just doesn't have it. When i saw that he put up 23 shots my jaw dropped, I don't think he has put up over 15 in PHX since the year that Amar'e was out with his knee injury.

I've always been a Bobcats' fan, Diaw not so much, but I still wish you guys the best

DerekRE_3
12-24-2008, 06:47 AM
Well with the Bobcats, they don't have a premier scorer so it allows him more freedom offensively. When the trade went down I thought that Diaw might return to the form that got him that big contract.

JakeDelbreezy
12-24-2008, 08:27 AM
Well, anyone who reads in the Bobcats Forums knows I didn't like the trade all that much at first...but now I believe I was wrong. At least on Diaw. I'm still not sold on Bell though. If we could move Felton + one of our bench guys for another piece of the puzzle then it all starts to look pretty good....if we could only somehow trade Bob Johnson..

fenikz
12-24-2008, 09:03 AM
Jared Dudley hasn't got any playing time yet, what kind of player is he?

BTW love J-Rich, he is exactly what we needed

JakeDelbreezy
12-24-2008, 10:31 AM
^^Jared Dudley isn't a great player...but he's Ok. If there is a guy that fits the description of the overused phrase "glue guy" it's him. He plays hard all the time, is liked by teammates and has a good basketball IQ. He's also proved he's willing to play multiple positions and do the small things to help out the team. He's never going to jump out at you, but at the end of the night you may look at the box score and see 5 points, 4 rbs, 2 asst, 1 stl etc...and think wow I don't even remember him playing that much...but he'll play hard no matter the situation, which as a fan you have to repect.

black1605
12-24-2008, 12:52 PM
our TV announcers called Jared Dudley CD for "Can't Dunk", but he husltes and had a decent mid range game.

tezza90
12-24-2008, 06:30 PM
So far so good on the trade, Larry Brown was under a lot of scrutiny for trading J-Rich and questions where asked regarding where the scoring would come from. Most pleasing of all since the trade has been the increased scoring production of Emeka Okafor who is starting to live up to his all round potential of not only a shot blocker/rebounder but a legitimate scorer. Hopefully this will continue for the rest of the season.

PhxGiant
12-24-2008, 07:50 PM
Well with the Bobcats, they don't have a premier scorer so it allows him more freedom offensively. When the trade went down I thought that Diaw might return to the form that got him that big contract.

That has always been my thinking also. He has all the talent in the world and it seems like the trade has made him play with a little more fire inside. He could have put up good numbers with us but unfortunately for him he would have always been Amare's backup.

black1605
12-24-2008, 11:59 PM
looks like a trade to the Knicks is inevitable

king4day
12-25-2008, 01:36 AM

I just don't get it.
Hopefully Diaw just blows away LB and makes them change their minds.

dgreat5000
12-25-2008, 10:15 PM
Diaw has been playin better than ever before...even though its only been a few games he looks real good.

black1605
12-25-2008, 11:31 PM
yeah, it's going to take some victories against playoff teams before Brown is convinced I think

J-Relo
12-27-2008, 03:44 PM
don't forget his rebounding too, he has talent... no doubt...

trade was good for him cause in PHX he played just lets say bad...

if you have talent and will dispite that you get that amount of minutes as he had or even only get 2 minutes or less a game you still can show everything what you can...
make every second worth gold, i guess Boris lacked of that will of that desire, he didn't play as good as all the fans and staff hoped, not even up to his old form...

and cause he couldn't fullfil our expectations he was traded, you just can't hold a guy you doesn't want to play and just makes others upset...

goodluck to him and to Bobcats (c'mon guys you could do better than that) ;)

homestarunner93
12-28-2008, 01:29 AM

D'Antoni may love Diaw, but it makes no sense to trade for him. They ruin their chance's at LeBron, because that ties up 9 million that they could use elsewhere.