PDA

View Full Version : As Boston (27-2) makes NBA history, fans chant BEAT LA!!!

fairandbalanced
12-23-2008, 11:03 PM
As the Boston Celtics dominated the Sixers to go up 28-2 and in the process have the best start in NBA history, fans chanted Beat LA. Which begs the question, are Boston fans happier with a beat down on LA or the record just created? I think this rivalry is the best thing that can happen to the NBA this season. Although the Lakers are having some tough times presently, they will be ready for that game. Lets all stay tuned, Kobe might just prove after all that he is still relevant.

Your take on the Xmas day game

Lakers4ItAll
12-23-2008, 11:05 PM
As much as I want the Lakers to win the Celtics are playing better ball right now

SeoulBeatz
12-23-2008, 11:14 PM
as a sixers fan u gotta tip ur hat to the cetics.

but Garnett NEEDS to stop being so cocky. i used to like him but now hes just getting overboard and getting out of control. hes a great player but the constant mocking and unneccesary vulgarity is just tarnishing his reputation. just collect ur wins and show some class KG, what happened to u man???

i got the utmost respect for the celts, but please, show some class.

but apparently, thats a tough thing to accomplish in boston, first the pats now this. hopefully karma doesnt come back to get the celtics like it did the patriots.

Super.
12-23-2008, 11:26 PM
but Garnett NEEDS to stop being so cocky. i used to like him but now hes just getting overboard and getting out of control. hes a great player but the constant mocking and unneccesary vulgarity is just tarnishing his reputation. just collect ur wins and show some class KG, what happened to u man???

nothing happened, he was always a trash talker, you just never heard about it because he played on a team that never even got the finals

what54!?
12-23-2008, 11:26 PM
I'm looking forward to that xmas game. It sould be a close one and a thriller. Hopefully someone gets T'ed and some emotions flare.

AirJordanXVIII
12-23-2008, 11:27 PM
nothing happened, he was always a trash talker, you just never heard about it because he played on a team that never even got the finals

That was really unnecessary.

damkrayzie
12-23-2008, 11:34 PM
Its going to be a great game

dreisamazing248
12-23-2008, 11:44 PM
haha more like fear LA even though were not playing great ball like the celtics haha they still go kobe so BRING IT!

Lakersfan2483
12-23-2008, 11:47 PM
This should be a great game, a good measuring stick for the Lakers. I look for it to be a close game.

thapharcyd
12-23-2008, 11:55 PM
I used to watch all T-Wolves games, was a big fan. KG has gotten worse IMO.

still1ballin
12-23-2008, 11:58 PM
I have a good feeling Lakers will win the game.

_Sn1P3r_
12-24-2008, 12:04 AM
Excited for this game! Expecting a close one down the stretch.

innovator
12-24-2008, 12:04 AM
the celtics streak obviously has an end and it will be on xmas day! do you expect them to be 80-2?

Shaq back 2 L.A
12-24-2008, 12:11 AM
lakers will beat the celtics on thursday reasons why- kobe ,kobe and kobe and because they have played 6 quarters of good defense!!!!!!!

COLH
12-24-2008, 12:13 AM
yeh KG is getting too cocky.. but anyways, should be a great game.

da wood
12-24-2008, 12:15 AM
go lakers

SpaceCadet
12-24-2008, 12:16 AM
And as the Lakers play some defense for the first time in months we scream BOSTON SUX!

JordansBulls
12-24-2008, 12:21 AM
Since the Celtics are listed as 28-2 now you must have already assumed they will beat the Lakers on Thursday because they are actually 27-2.:rolleyes:

innovator
12-24-2008, 12:22 AM
obviously a typo

sportsnutzz
12-24-2008, 12:32 AM
yeah! BEAT LA!!!

Lakersho
12-24-2008, 12:44 AM
as a sixers fan u gotta tip ur hat to the cetics.

i got the utmost respect for the celts, but please, show some class.

but apparently, thats a tough thing to accomplish in boston, first the pats now this. hopefully karma doesnt come back to get the celtics like it did the patriots.
kg, thinks the trashin and antics give him a edge,never been on the big stage til now. bring your cussin and dog howlin and lets play ball!!!

Shaq back 2 L.A
12-24-2008, 12:48 AM
wow i haven't been this excited for a game since the finals and even then i wasn't really that excited!!! this will be the greatest game all-year!!!! go lakers!!!! 108-98 lakers win!!

bostncelts34
12-24-2008, 12:51 AM
lakers will beat the celtics on thursday reasons why- kobe ,kobe and kobe and because they have played 6 quarters of good defense!!!!!!!

lol. And i got 5reasons why they can lose.

Allen

Pierce

Garnett

Rondo

And a better defense for 30 games. lol

bostncelts34
12-24-2008, 12:53 AM
wow i haven't been this excited for a game since the finals and even then i wasn't really that excited!!! this will be the greatest game all-year!!!! go lakers!!!! 108-98 lakers win!!

I highly doubt lakers will score 108 on boston.

Should be a great game anyways though. Looking forward to it. Both great teams.

Go boston.

Prediction 96-89 BOSTON wins

innovator
12-24-2008, 12:55 AM

Allen

Pierce

Garnett

Rondo

and another 9 reasons why lakers will win

gasol

bynum

odom

ariza

fisher

radmanovic

walton

phil jackson

staples center crowd

:)

#1Mavericksfan
12-24-2008, 12:58 AM
WOW! I can't wait untill the game and I'm not a fan of either team but both teams hate each other and that's always makes for a good game.

DODGERS&LAKERS
12-24-2008, 12:59 AM
and another 9 reasons why lakers will win

gasol

bynum

odom

ariza

fisher

radmanovic

walton

phil jackson

staples center crowd

You mean they have 8 reasons they can win and 1 huge obstacle right?

innovator
12-24-2008, 01:03 AM
^i forgot it should be

gasol

bynum

odom

ariza

fisher

radmanovic

walton on the bench

phil jackson

staples center crowd

Bleeds Blue
12-24-2008, 01:03 AM
hopefully bynum knocks kg on his ace. i wouldn't mind seeing somebody on the lakers get called for a flagrant to prove a point...

so excited for the game, lets end the streak!

kvrnm
12-24-2008, 01:07 AM
lookin forward to the game, but i could see the streak ending sadly... lakers are gonna be pumped, its at home, and when it comes down the wire look for kobe to get to the line alot.... should be a good christmas for basketball though.

kvrnm
12-24-2008, 01:08 AM
hopefully bynum knocks kg on his ace. i wouldn't mind seeing somebody on the lakers get called for a flagrant to prove a point...

so excited for the game, lets end the streak!

bynum sucks

whitesoxfan83
12-24-2008, 01:16 AM
havent they only won 27?

G-Funk
12-24-2008, 01:18 AM
:rolleyes:
bynum sucks

:rolleyes:

CHRISDODGERS
12-24-2008, 01:19 AM
I really want the lakers to win...

It'll be close though...

G-Funk
12-24-2008, 01:20 AM
Im going for the Lakers but Boston looks really good.

Also all season long Lakers fans have been chanting "We Want Boston"

kvrnm
12-24-2008, 01:20 AM
g funk, bynum had been terrible lately.

kvrnm
12-24-2008, 01:21 AM
Im going for the Lakers but Boston looks really good.

Also all season long Lakers fans have been chanting "We Want Boston"

no? Really? i thought you were going for boston:rolleyes:

DirtyThirty
12-24-2008, 01:23 AM
the NBA needed this. A Red Sox Yankees rivalry. Patriots Colts/Redskins Cowboys rivalry. Now the NBA has finally found one Lakers Celtics.

Bleeds Blue
12-24-2008, 01:28 AM
bynum sucks

celtics are gay

whitesoxfan83
12-24-2008, 01:30 AM
havent they only won 27?

Boston improved to 27-2 -- the best start for a two-loss team in NBA history.

The 19-game winning streak broke the franchise set by the original Big Three in 1981-82.

http://sports.espn.go.com/nba/recap?gameId=281223002

mmmmk anyone wanna change the thread title?

BTownTeamsRKing
12-24-2008, 02:54 AM
as Pierce, KG and the rest of the Celtics have said...its just another game. You don't get anything for win streaks or winning on Christmas.

the Celtics should win bc of their physicality and the lakers have shown that even against weak eastern teams, they struggle.

win or lose? really doesnt matter bc its 1 game out of 82. sorry for downplaying it, but it is wat it is. the Celtics are not going to do anything out of the ordinary. our starters arent going to play extra minutes to beat la.

GSW fan
12-24-2008, 03:08 AM
i was pumped for this game earlier. now i smell a blowout. boston will have the best record ever if cleveland can pressure them

KingOf215
12-24-2008, 03:10 AM
well last time the lakers played the celtics, it was the biggest embarrassment in nba finals history.... 39 point annihilation. Hopefully, the game will at least be competitive this time.

GSW fan
12-24-2008, 03:13 AM
one more thing. lakers are overrated. 2nd easiest schedule in the nba next to orlando. nba is fixed. they ratings were going down so they decided to renew a rivalry to get more viewers. Jerry west, GM of memphis, gave pau gasol away for free. Jerry west also handed the mvp trophy to kobe. anyway, the nba wants the lakers to have a close record to the celtics. the only real way that the lakers win is that if the game is fixed

PRETTY BIRD!
12-24-2008, 03:38 AM
classic..........lakers will beat down on the celtics!

BTownTeamsRKing
12-24-2008, 03:43 AM
^beat the heat first

PRETTY BIRD!
12-24-2008, 03:44 AM

Allen

Pierce

Garnett

Rondo

Yes having the refs on your side, the league on your side and getting away with a ton of fouls is called defence. The lakers have bynum now so its even harder, hopefully the celtics dont play dirty d like they do and everyone knows their taught to play dirty d without getting called fouls since the league has horrible double standard for foul calls. :smoking:

Joe505
You have to love it when the San Francisco Giants Fan's Chants are chanted in other sports across the country...

JJ81
It will make my Christmas when LA beat them

GspLAL
12-24-2008, 03:45 AM
one more thing. lakers are overrated. 2nd easiest schedule in the nba next to orlando. nba is fixed. they ratings were going down so they decided to renew a rivalry to get more viewers. Jerry west, GM of memphis, gave pau gasol away for free. Jerry west also handed the mvp trophy to kobe. anyway, the nba wants the lakers to have a close record to the celtics. the only real way that the lakers win is that if the game is fixed

If that is what went down which I don't really doubt, then it happened for the Celtics also.

PRETTY BIRD!
12-24-2008, 03:51 AM
And as the Lakers play some defense for the first time in months we scream BOSTON SUX!

I think the Lakers will be amped up for this game but they've got to come out with the intensity that they're going to have against Boston every night. If they do that they'll be the '09 Champs but that defense has been horrible.

PRETTY BIRD!
12-24-2008, 04:04 AM
well last time the lakers played the celtics, it was the biggest embarrassment in nba finals history.... 39 point annihilation. Hopefully, the game will at least be competitive this time.

lakers were just not ready for boston, boston was a great team, lakers were an emerging team, we'll get a glimpse at who the better team is this year when the lakers play them. its going to be hard for boston to body up on gasol, bynum, and kobe, you can not leave vlad rad or fisher either otherwise thats an automatic 3 points. :smoking:

tonyd3b54
12-24-2008, 04:22 AM
can we have one celtics or lakers forums with out idiots complaining about either team? im siick of hearing the stupid laker fans ***** about how the celtics have the nba and the refs working for them SHUT THE HELL UP!!!

BTownTeamsRKing
12-24-2008, 04:27 AM
Yes having the refs on your side, the league on your side and getting away with a ton of fouls is called defence. The lakers have bynum now so its even harder, hopefully the celtics dont play dirty d like they do and everyone knows their taught to play dirty d without getting called fouls since the league has horrible double standard for foul calls. :smoking:

basketball is a dirty sport. u have to be physical and man up. notice the lakers still losen to the East Coast. Detriot came into your house and slapped the lakers around. detriot couldnt hang with Boston for 10 mins in 2 games this year.

Physical Defense > flashy offense

Boozerguy47
12-24-2008, 04:28 AM
Wouldn't surprise me if the Lakers won. They have played pretty darn well themselves. Two of their games were almost coin flips on the final shots (Pacers and Heat games). Anyways, Celtics have to travel all the way across the country and continue to play amazing. The Lakers want redemption from the Finals and they have the home court this game. I'm going with LA.

ragee
12-24-2008, 04:39 AM
^i forgot it should be

gasol

bynum

odom

ariza

fisher

radmanovic

walton on the bench

phil jackson

staples center crowd

What's so special about those players? Yeah, Kobe is a great player. Other than that, what else? Gasol? he is alright. Bynum? Over-hyped. Others, nothing really special. Odom is a big factor against Boston or any other games. If it is going to be a close game, it is up to him to miss those free throws so that the other team can win! LMAO!

Lakers is a good team but nothing compared to Celtics. Laker fans always over hype their team. When they were doing their run, it's like they are unbeatable. Tsk. Did you guys see what tiny town did to your famous frontcourt? Hahahaha....

I am not a fan of both teams but I think the Celtics can back up what their fans are saying rather than the Lakers.

KG#1
12-24-2008, 06:24 AM
Lakers have a good chance because they have to prove that they are in the same league as the celtics and cavs so they will be pumped
and the home court will give them another advantage
but the celtics are playing amazing right now....
its a toss up

Iron24th
12-24-2008, 06:33 AM
Lakers will play hearts out and with a lot of energy,I don't know if the celts (with a 19 wins in a row,and maybe overconfidence) will be able to match that energy.

BLOMETSFAN
12-24-2008, 07:57 AM
This game may be hyped as a huge game, but for both of these teams it is just another regular season game. No matter what team wins, they will still most likely have to beat the other team another 4 times in the finals. I could actually see both teams playing it carefully so they dont give anything away.

Corey
12-24-2008, 08:17 AM
I'm getting really sick and tired of everyone saying Garnett's getting too cocky, and he's changed. He's played this way his entire friggen career.

Kiss Ma Grits
12-24-2008, 08:37 AM
I do know this, i can't wait to see Boston on January 9th in Cleveland. I expect the Lakers to beat the Celtics by double digits on x-mas day. Someone posting after me will say "You're crazy man" but we will see, we will see. I know the Lakers will be more focused then ever.

LakersKB24
12-24-2008, 09:01 AM
Before last nights game against the Hornets, I actually expected a blowout loss for LA... But after watching the game, I think it's goingt to be a very close game and since the Lakers have the homecourt advantage AND of course since they want to take revenge for the finals, they will win this one!:clap:

bostncelts34
12-24-2008, 11:16 AM
I do know this, i can't wait to see Boston on January 9th in Cleveland. I expect the Lakers to beat the Celtics by double digits on x-mas day. Someone posting after me will say "You're crazy man" but we will see, we will see. I know the Lakers will be more focused then ever.

YOU'RE CRAZY MAN

haha, anyways. My view on this game is that if the lakers dont at least make it a close game down the strecth, its really sad. I say that because they were the favorites in most people eyes coming into this year, then all the hype around this game all year. Also, Boston is streaking, and the game is in LA, and LA wants revenge badly. So, with all those things that should be motivating LA to play hard and PHYSICAL. I expect this to be a close game.

JordansBulls
12-24-2008, 11:19 AM
YOU'RE CRAZY MAN

haha, anyways. My view on this game is that if the lakers dont at least make it a close game down the strecth, its really sad. I say that because they were the favorites in most people eyes coming into this year, then all the hype around this game all year. Also, Boston is streaking, and the game is in LA, and LA wants revenge badly. So, with all those things that should be motivating LA to play hard and PHYSICAL. I expect this to be a close game.

I think so as well and someone has to end the Celtics streak.

NYMetros
12-24-2008, 11:26 AM
I'll take the Lakers for the reasons mentioned above. The Lakers want revenge, to end the Celtics streak, and to flat out crush them. They're also playing at home, so that should help them out a little, even though it doesn't get too loud in there.

Shaq back 2 L.A
12-24-2008, 11:29 AM
I highly doubt lakers will score 108 on boston.

Should be a great game anyways though. Looking forward to it. Both great teams.

Go boston.

Prediction 96-89 BOSTON wins

if the knicks can score 108 on the celtics then ithink the lakers pretty much can dont u?:rolleyes:

jimbobjarree
12-24-2008, 11:31 AM
go celtics

Vidball
12-24-2008, 11:53 AM
Lakers by 8. Lakers have been great against strong competition this year. The only problem has been against sub-par competition. The Lakers will come in strong and motivated. I expect Ariza to come up HUGE on D as he did last night. He'll give PP/Rondo problems. I also think KG/Perk will have trouble against the Twin Towers of L.A.

MiamiHeat
12-24-2008, 11:59 AM
not a fan of either team but it should be a great game
you be crazy if you miss this game
I see the Celtics winning this game though

superkegger
12-24-2008, 01:33 PM
as Pierce, KG and the rest of the Celtics have said...its just another game. You don't get anything for win streaks or winning on Christmas.

the Celtics should win bc of their physicality and the lakers have shown that even against weak eastern teams, they struggle.

win or lose? really doesnt matter bc its 1 game out of 82. sorry for downplaying it, but it is wat it is. the Celtics are not going to do anything out of the ordinary. our starters arent going to play extra minutes to beat la.

I don't believe that for a second. They can say what they want, but they're going to be amped up for this game.

ragee
12-24-2008, 05:43 PM
I think so as well and someone has to end the Celtics streak.

True. But It is not ging to end with the Lakers. Yes, the Lakers want to beat Celtics badly to take revenge but the Celtics want to beat them badly as well. To make a statement and prove that the finals was not a fluke and they can win it even if the Lakers have Bynum.

Nighthawk
12-24-2008, 05:57 PM
Lakers by 8. Lakers have been great against strong competition this year. The only problem has been against sub-par competition. The Lakers will come in strong and motivated. I expect Ariza to come up HUGE on D as he did last night. He'll give PP/Rondo problems. I also think KG/Perk will have trouble against the Twin Towers of L.A.

twin towers???LMAO....soft as mutha****s. if there the twin towers x-mas is 9-11 alll over again

TrueRob
12-24-2008, 06:33 PM
True. But It is not ging to end with the Lakers. Yes, the Lakers want to beat Celtics badly to take revenge but the Celtics want to beat them badly as well. To make a statement and prove that the finals was not a fluke and they can win it even if the Lakers have Bynum.

The Celtics don't really have to prove anything. They're better than the Lakers, even if they lose on Christmas, which I doubt, they are still the better team right now. I've been watching Bynum, he's a decent player, but I don't think he will do that well vs. Boston.

Nighthawk
12-24-2008, 06:39 PM
The Celtics don't really have to prove anything. They're better than the Lakers, even if they lose on Christmas, which I doubt, they are still the better team right now. I've been watching Bynum, he's a decent player, but I don't think he will do that well vs. Boston.

Can we look at facts. Bynum played HORRIBLE when guarded by Perk. Before the season Bynum said he cant wait to play the celts because he had his worse games against us. It will be no different come sunday. Lakers keep it close until half time. 3rd quarter(CELTICS QUARTER) is wherew the C's will pull ahead and not look back. At the Half the C's can regroup, calm down and win it.

Nighthawk
12-25-2008, 10:37 AM
not a fan of either team but it should be a great game
you be crazy if you miss this game
I see the Celtics winning this game though

right on GO CELTICS

JordansBulls
12-25-2008, 11:46 AM
It's hard to beat an elite team on the road though.

Nighthawk
12-25-2008, 11:49 AM
It's hard to beat an elite team on the road though.

Its hard to beat the celtics ANYWHERE the way there playing right now.

Raidaz4Life
12-25-2008, 11:51 AM
As much as I'd love to watch the Lakers shut up the most arrogant piece of crap team in the NBA... Celtics take this one easily

Nighthawk
12-25-2008, 02:38 PM
As much as I'd love to watch the Lakers shut up the most arrogant piece of crap team in the NBA... Celtics take this one easily

lolol I loooooooove comments like this......

still1ballin
12-25-2008, 09:04 PM
Well 53 people are wrong.

LakerzDQ
12-25-2008, 09:09 PM
It was a nice game, but I would like to see the Lakers win in Boston.
Home court is gonna go to the Celtics, if we meet in the Finals, so we have to be able to win at their place as well as our own.

CHRISDODGERS
12-25-2008, 09:10 PM
:dance2:

jackyyy
12-25-2008, 09:11 PM

what54!?
12-25-2008, 09:13 PM
Well 53 people are wrong. :shrug: I can be wrong sometimes :p. But good game gasol was huge in the 4th.

superkegger
12-26-2008, 12:39 AM
I just can't wait to hear how it was "just another game" from Celtic fans, and it means nothing.

JordansBulls
12-26-2008, 12:46 AM
I just can't wait to hear how it was "just another game" from Celtic fans, and it means nothing.

It meant something for the Celtics, it just meant a lot more for the Lakers. Afterall the Lakers won 2 of 3 at home against the Celtics in the finals last year. They still need to show they can win in Boston since it looks like Boston may end up with the better record this year as well.

G-Funk
12-26-2008, 01:15 AM
g funk, bynum had been terrible lately.

What you think about those 2 crucial blocks in the 4th? Gasol would have never gotten those blocks.

You have to love it when the San Francisco Giants Fan's Chants are chanted in other sports across the country...

Actually the 76ers originated that chant!

can we have one celtics or lakers forums with out idiots complaining about either team? im siick of hearing the stupid laker fans ***** about how the celtics have the nba and the refs working for them SHUT THE HELL UP!!!

U should tell that to ur buddies they are whining all over the C's forum.

I guess ur not that crasy after all, shy by 1 pt!

good game C's!

KmB728
12-26-2008, 01:15 AM

it was just another game... we are 27-3 and are the defending champs :eyebrow:

G-Funk
12-26-2008, 01:16 AM
^^^lmfao, That's what all Laker fans were saying last year after our first season loss against the C's.

cahawk
12-26-2008, 01:57 AM
Congrats LA, one win against Celt's in LA.
Of course last year in the Finals LA won 2 games in LA....
and we know how that turned out.

PRETTY BIRD!
12-26-2008, 02:53 AM
Congrats LA, one win against Celt's in LA.
Of course last year in the Finals LA won 2 games in LA....
and we know how that turned out.

yeah, horrible officiating!:smoking:

Teeboy1487
12-26-2008, 03:01 AM
Celtic fans act like they are in the finals already. Well, don't forget that the cavs are only one game back now so you celtic fans should be on your toes.http://smilies.vidahost.com/contrib/owen/PBsmile1a.gif

D-Leethal
12-26-2008, 04:11 AM
Celtic fans act like they are in the finals already. Well, don't forget that the cavs are only one game back now so you celtic fans should be on your toes.http://smilies.vidahost.com/contrib/owen/PBsmile1a.gif

lol, Laker and Cowboy fan, talk about bandwagon :clap:

Teeboy1487
12-26-2008, 04:32 AM
lol, Laker and Cowboy fan, talk about bandwagon :clap:

Actually, I have been a laker fan for 10 years and a cowboy fan for 15 years. So get your facts straight before sounding like an idiot; which is what you are. :eyebrow: