PDA

View Full Version : Top 5 General Managers in the NBA and Worst 5 General Managers in the NBA

JordansBulls
12-23-2008, 06:13 PM
Who are the Top 5 General Managers in the NBA and who are the Worst 5 General Managers in the NBA?

Top 5 General Managers

Worst 5 General Managers

what54!?
12-23-2008, 06:22 PM
I can't say the top or worst five but Kevin Mchale is definitely the worst

Tblaze
12-23-2008, 06:23 PM
Kevin Pritchard is best Kevin Mchale worst :D

astrosmaniac
12-23-2008, 06:38 PM
morey deserves a top 5 spot

Hawkeye15
12-23-2008, 07:08 PM
McHale is the worst. Period.

sep11ie
12-23-2008, 07:24 PM
morey deserves a top 5 spot

X2

JordansBulls, you must agree too huh?

JJ81
12-23-2008, 07:26 PM
Mitch Kup is among the best.

mRc08
12-23-2008, 07:54 PM
im not sure of there names, but the celtics guy is good for getting that team together and somehow getting all those players under the salary cap. I would also say lakers gm is good, though i still think there was something shady going on the way they got gasol. Pat riley is good i think, brought in shaq for championship, drafted d-wade, got merrion and beasely, pretty good work.

The worst would have to be mchale, michael jordan, and depending on who you talk to, john paxson. I personally think he is a good GM, he has just been unfortunate. You can't anticipate all your best players to flop in one season. He is rebuilding the team now around rose, ill hold off my judgments about him for a few years to see what he can do.

Hawkeye15
12-23-2008, 08:46 PM
im not sure of there names, but the celtics guy is good for getting that team together and somehow getting all those players under the salary cap. I would also say lakers gm is good, though i still think there was something shady going on the way they got gasol. Pat riley is good i think, brought in shaq for championship, drafted d-wade, got merrion and beasely, pretty good work.

The worst would have to be mchale, michael jordan, and depending on who you talk to, john paxson. I personally think he is a good GM, he has just been unfortunate. You can't anticipate all your best players to flop in one season. He is rebuilding the team now around rose, ill hold off my judgments about him for a few years to see what he can do.

whats funny, is Ainge was considered an idiot until the trades. He cashed it all in on a chance, and it worked out. Now, in 3-4 years, the Celtics will be bottom feeders, with 3 old dudes making $60 million, but it worked out exactly the way he planned it. Ainge took a huge chance, I am glad my boy KG got his ring, and may be on his way to #2

hotpotato1092
12-23-2008, 10:05 PM
top 5:
R.J Buford (spurs)
Kevin Pritchard (Blazers)
Donnie Walsh (Knicks)
Joe Dumars (Pistons)
Mitch Kupchack (Lakers)

bottom 5:
Kevin Mchale (Timberwolves)
Isaiah Thomas (Knicks)
Elgin Baylor (Clippers)
Chris Wallace (Grizzlies)
Michael Jordan (Bobcats)

Chronz
12-23-2008, 10:23 PM
whats funny, is Ainge was considered an idiot until the trades. He cashed it all in on a chance, and it worked out. Now, in 3-4 years, the Celtics will be bottom feeders, with 3 old dudes making $60 million, but it worked out exactly the way he planned it. Ainge took a huge chance, I am glad my boy KG got his ring, and may be on his way to #2

Ainge was underrated, the draft gems he found with mid picks are impressive, his only mistake was trading away Walker for a stiff. It wouldve been better just to waive Walker than trade him for an even bigger contract.

penuch
12-23-2008, 10:47 PM
top 5:
R.J Buford (spurs)
Donnie Walsh (Knicks) really :confused: not anytime recently :confused:
Joe Dumars (Pistons)
Mitch Kupchack (Lakers)

bottom 5:
Isaiah Thomas (Knicks)
Elgin Baylor (Clippers)
Michael Jordan (Bobcats)

zambo4president
12-23-2008, 11:20 PM
Pax is the worst
/thread

Lakersfan2483
12-23-2008, 11:45 PM
Top 5 General Managers:

RJ Buford
Mitch Kupchak
Joe Dumars
Kevin Pritchard
Brian Colangelo

Worst General Managers
Kevin Mchale
Kevin Mchale
Kevin Mchale, lol

JordansBulls
12-24-2008, 12:24 AM
X2

JordansBulls, you must agree too huh?

Not if he doesn't sign Deke.

fairandbalanced
12-24-2008, 12:32 AM
Joe Dumars is the worst GM in NBA, and he has a track record to prove it. He gambled on Rasheed, although that paid off, he also gambled with Darko, now he's gambling with A-I and Kwame Brown. The dude is a joke, he's been one lucky gm who continually make bad moves. How the heck will anyone make signing Kwame their biggest offseason move? Then you trade Billups for Iverson? That dude need to be fired.

td0tsfinest
12-24-2008, 12:46 AM
hey at least Kevin Mchale got Al jefferson in the KG trade.
Rob Babcock is the worst GM ever.
Raptors got nothing from the Vince Carter trade, literally nothing. Only thing we got left is Joey Graham from that trade but he's no Al Jefferson.

jimbobjarree
12-24-2008, 11:34 AM
yeah dumars and Mchale in the bottom 5

UofA
12-24-2008, 12:27 PM
Ainge for the Celtics is the best, worst is easily McHale

CowgirlH8er
12-24-2008, 03:08 PM
Not if he doesn't sign Deke.

That sep11ie guy is banned now so I'll answer for him.

Really? Do you really think Deke will make that much of a difference? We could get any other big man in there now that we got rid of Stevie. He's gotta make top 5 just for getting Ron Ron, Scola, and drafting Carl Landry and Aaron Brooks.

SaimoNETS
12-24-2008, 03:49 PM
Rod Thorn, Look at the Jason Kidd and Vince Carter Trades

JordansBulls
12-24-2008, 03:54 PM
That sep11ie guy is banned now so I'll answer for him.

Really? Do you really think Deke will make that much of a difference? We could get any other big man in there now that we got rid of Stevie. He's gotta make top 5 just for getting Ron Ron, Scola, and drafting Carl Landry and Aaron Brooks.

Yes simply because if Yao is in foul trouble at least you get a guy who can still rebound, block shots and defend in his place.

Sixerlover
12-24-2008, 03:56 PM
Joe Dumars is the worst GM in NBA, and he has a track record to prove it. He gambled on Rasheed, although that paid off, he also gambled with Darko, now he's gambling with A-I and Kwame Brown. The dude is a joke, he's been one lucky gm who continually make bad moves. How the heck will anyone make signing Kwame their biggest offseason move? Then you trade Billups for Iverson? That dude need to be fired.

Dumars is actually one of the best GM's. The Rasheed move worked, and the Darko move is a euro draft pick that didn't turn out good. Something happen to people. And look at Walsh in NY setting up cap space for 2010. Kwame was the biggest signing because he didn't want to tie up the salary cap for the next couple seasons. Notice when his contract is up. Dumars has been doing the same while quitely keeping the core young guys.

He acquired AI so that his contract will expire. That's 21 mil off the cap along with Sheed's 13 mil. 34 mil in cap room cominig off the books along with Stuckey, Rip, Tay, Maxiell all still being under contract. If anyone is going to get a top notch FA in 2010 it'll be them because they still have the talent to make the playoffs on that team.

My favorite GM's are
R.J Buford
Mitch
Joe Dumars
Pritchard

I'm Not really a fan of Ainge, McHale, or Brian Colangelo

Cavs_Fan24
12-24-2008, 03:57 PM
Danny Ferry should get a spot. He's pulled off some good moves the last few years and has made Cleveland a big title contender.

Sixerlover
12-24-2008, 03:59 PM
^ True.

CowgirlH8er
12-24-2008, 05:49 PM
Yes simply because if Yao is in foul trouble at least you get a guy who can still rebound, block shots and defend in his place.

I know what ya mean, but couldn't be someone else. I think he's done with the Rockets.

BluejaysFan08
12-24-2008, 06:06 PM
Best:
Brian Colangelo

DRE'-MAC
12-24-2008, 06:41 PM
Top 5
Darryl Morey (Rockets)
Danny Ainge (Celtics)
Kevin Pritchard (T-Blazers)
Danny Ferry (Cavs)
Mitch Kupchack (Lakers)
Honorable Mention: Kiki Vandeweghe/Otis Smith (Nets/Magic)

Bottom 5
Kevin Mchale (T-Wolves)
Donnie Nelson (Mavs)
Chris Mullin (Warriors)
John Paxson (Bulls)

Nadhi1
12-24-2008, 06:55 PM
Bryan Colangelo Simply the best and ainge

Sixerlover
12-25-2008, 03:58 AM
^ Because of his numerous championships right?

black1605
12-25-2008, 07:05 AM
Michael Jordan is not the Bobcats GM, Rod Higgins is.

fredv
12-25-2008, 08:20 AM
Why Daryl Morey is Number1:

He has been in the league for not much, and has already done miracles;

- Literally stole Luis Scola to the Spurs, they are still hunted by that.
- Discovered upcoming talent in Aaron Brooks and Carl Landry who where both drafted at the end of the first and at the beggining of the second. Brooks could easily be a starting PG on any team, we would average 15-20.
- Was part of the Artest battle and got him for an old PG(Bobby Jackson) and a late first round pick(Donte Greene). If thats not a bag of peanuts... While other teams where offering guys such as Lamar Odom or Shawn Marion...
- He is getting a deal prepared to get a big man, I think bigger than Deke.

If thats not talent, in only 2 or 3 seasons...

MooseWithFleas
01-02-2009, 01:09 PM
This is a lot harder with no more Billy King and Isiah Thomas around...

CHief_0_o_Wahoo
01-02-2009, 01:25 PM
Danny Ferry should get some recognition. Sure he has had LeBron by his side, but it's been a challenge for him to surround him with the correct players.

He has done pretty good at that as of now.

Silent
01-02-2009, 01:31 PM
Top 5 General Managers:

RJ Buford
Mitch Kupchak
Joe Dumars
Kevin Pritchard
Brian Colangelo

Worst

Paxson
Paxson
Paxson
Mchale
Mchale

S-Dot
01-02-2009, 02:03 PM
Chris Wallace from Memphis....TERRIBLE

thesparky33
01-02-2009, 04:59 PM
McHale is no longer the GM of the Wolves, so the worst GM spot has an opening... :p

prodigy
01-02-2009, 06:45 PM
top 5:
R.J Buford (spurs)
Donnie Walsh (Knicks)
Joe Dumars (Pistons)
Mitch Kupchack (Lakers)

bottom 5:
Isaiah Thomas (Knicks)
Elgin Baylor (Clippers)
Michael Jordan (Bobcats)

where's danny ferry? lets not forget how he raped the bucks. we traded joe smith and damon jones for mo williams lol.