PDA

View Full Version : 1st Time All-Stars

nalej85
12-23-2008, 04:50 PM
All Star game is in 2 months..Who are good candidates who could possibly make their first all star game??? I'll throw out a few names. Correct me if they have made an all star appearance already....

1. Danny Granger
2. Andris Biedrins
3. Rajon Rondo
4. Zach Randolph
5. Jose Calderon
6. Jason Terry

Al Harrington and Nate Robinson are having great seasons as well. I haven't seen as good of 6th man for knicks since John Starks.(sorry knicks fans, almost forgot about spree) He is such a game changer.... What do you think about Jameer Nelson?

JordansBulls
12-23-2008, 04:55 PM
All Star game is in 2 months..Who are good candidates who could possibly make their first all star game??? I'll throw out a few names. Correct me if they have made an all star appearance already....

1. Danny Granger
2. Andris Biedrins
3. Rajon Rondo
4. Zach Randolph
5. Jose Calderon
6. Jason Terry

Al Harrington and Nate Robinson are having great seasons as well. I haven't seen as good of 6th man for knicks since John Starks.(sorry knicks fans, almost forgot about spree) He is such a game changer.... What do you think about Jameer Nelson?

Rondo is the only one of that group who can make the team. All the other guys have better players than them on their team or the team they are on is not a playoff team.

Granger should make it, but since we all know Lebron will start that leaves Pierce as the backup. If KG starts then Bosh is the backup.

Calderon in no shape or from will get selected with the way the Raptors are playing.

Unless you are a top 10-15 player in the league you have no shot at the allstar game if your team is not even a playoff team.
While Terry's team is, he has Dirk on the team so he is the one who will make it.

_Sn1P3r_
12-23-2008, 05:26 PM
No Harris?

MiamiHeat
12-23-2008, 06:12 PM
how many threads about the same topic are there going to be...:sigh:

Faneik
12-23-2008, 06:17 PM
Okafor or Bogut

FlawlessKB24
12-23-2008, 06:20 PM
i think rondo is almost a lock

what54!?
12-23-2008, 06:23 PM
Rondo or harris. Maybe both

*Superman*
12-23-2008, 06:37 PM
Jameer is playing unbelievably lately and Hedo should have made it last year.

Them two from the Magic.

op12
12-23-2008, 06:45 PM
Jameer is playing unbelievably lately and Hedo should have made it last year.

Them two from the Magic.

sorry dont see this happening. harris should make it along with granger. rondo deserves it but i doubt he will make it this year, too may other people. calderon has no shot, i would consider him a bust after all the preseason hype. he has not lived up to everybody jumping on his bandwagon, while harris has overachieved.

*Superman*
12-23-2008, 06:53 PM
sorry dont see this happening. harris should make it along with granger. rondo deserves it but i doubt he will make it this year, too may other people. calderon has no shot, i would consider him a bust after all the preseason hype. he has not lived up to everybody jumping on his bandwagon, while harris has overachieved.

Well im not saying both have to make it. Just throwing some names out their, since the team is playing such good ball, and people want to say rondo, Jameer has as good as, even better numbers than rondo.

soandso
12-23-2008, 07:05 PM
d rose anyone?

djeller1139
12-23-2008, 07:21 PM
Biedrins deserves to go

JJ81
12-23-2008, 07:25 PM
D-Will... maybe not this year but he'll definitely be an all-star eventually :P

Rapt0rs
12-23-2008, 10:34 PM
Devin Harris > Rajon Rondo

jkiddvc20
12-23-2008, 10:37 PM

Smart Man!!

FortyDubs
12-23-2008, 10:48 PM
Biedrins definitely deserves to go but he wont, he's on the Warriors.

madiaz3
12-23-2008, 11:21 PM
Derrick Rose and Harris before Rondo.
Both of those players have their teams on their back.

hotpotato1092
12-23-2008, 11:41 PM
Devin Harris

SteveNash
12-23-2008, 11:46 PM
Rodney Stuckey.

5ive
12-24-2008, 12:54 AM
Harris!

Nets fan 93
12-24-2008, 02:48 AM
Harris>Rose=Calderon>Rondo... Rondo is a product of all the double teams KG creates in the post...

1.Harris
2.Granger

I really have no clue after that this early on..

KobeIs
12-24-2008, 03:05 AM
D-Will... maybe not this year but he'll definitely be an all-star eventually :P

i agree. i think he should be put in, ive been voting for him the whole time.

op12
12-24-2008, 12:10 PM
Harris>Rose=Calderon>Rondo... Rondo is a product of all the double teams KG creates in the post...

1.Harris
2.Granger

I really have no clue after that this early on..

seriously? harris is the best of those 4, but calderon over rondo is crazy. like i side earlier a lot of hype and somewhat of a bust. everybody is hating on rondo because everyone is talking about him, but during the preseason everybody was talking about calderon this much and he doesnt deserve it. i do agree with your 2 picks though.

nalej85
12-24-2008, 04:24 PM
@ Jordans Bulls.....An All Star appearance is the lone individual award that for the most part is NO WAY RELATED to a player's team record...One of the few exceptions I have seen though, is when a team is playing great team ball and is sitting on top of their conference and multiple players are selected.Det,LA,Bos,Phx in recent years....I recall ,Mcgrady, Pierce, Marbury,Brand,Lebron, all being selected as all-star starters/reserves with losing records though with the exception of Brand; they were all in the eastern conference where it seems team records are held slightly less accountable.. Devin Harris is definitely deserving. Somewhere, Avery Johnson is laughing at the Dallas organization....Not to say Kidd isnt a great pick up...Just wished they packaged josh howard before harris..Scary thought to think of Kidd mentoring Harris and playing alongside Dirk