PDA

View Full Version : Lakers/Bobcats trading partners?

FlawlessKB24
12-23-2008, 03:37 AM
This was is the Lakers forum already. Just want to see some Charlotte perspective.

The question has come up a million times and was discussed at some length by a Lakers source today. Are the Lakers, who have been struggling of late, looking to make a move?

It seems they are, as our source told us today that there are a couple is issues going on behind the scenes that could lead to a major roster move. Of course, there has been plenty of talk about the team moving Lamar Odom, and it makes a degree of sense to link the Lakers with the Charlotte Bobcats in this area. The Bobcats are shopping basically everyone, and Gerald Wallace could solve some problems that are currently facing the Lakers.
http://www.hoopsworld.com/Story.asp?story_id=11016

what do you guys think of a potential Wallace/Odom swap?

black1605
12-23-2008, 04:31 AM
i'm jut not an odom fan, so i have to say no...how many years are left on his deal? hes making 14,000,000 this year, and he rides the bench

Felton
Bell
Diaw
Odom
Oak

ehhh...no

Fisher
Bryant
Wallace
Pau
Bynum

thats sick

FlawlessKB24
12-23-2008, 05:25 AM
this is the last year of Odom's deal
and he doesnt ride the bench.

DerekRE_3
12-23-2008, 05:41 AM
Oh god...not again...The thought of Gerald Wallace in a Laker unifrom makes me want to vomit.

Living Legend
12-23-2008, 06:04 AM
Oh god...not again...The thought of Gerald Wallace in a Laker unifrom makes me want to vomit.

So you live in Sac/OC and you are a Bobcats fan and you think Gerald Wallace is god?...

Right on dawg

JakeDelbreezy
12-23-2008, 08:50 AM
I'm not a fan of the trade. Gerald Wallace has become a fan favorite and he seems to really fit LB's style...that's why most of us are having trouble figuring out why he's on the market. But anywho. The only value that Odom has that is of much greater value than Crash is his expiring contract. Also Odom is a nice player, with a good skill set...but he's proven he can't be the "guy". He would come from a team with Kobe, Bynum, Gasol etc...to a team with Okafor, Felton, Augstin, Diaw etc...meaning he would have to take on a much larger role...and I think the past has proven that he's not great in the spotlight. I would much rather have Crash at his manageable contract than whatever the Bobcats would sign next year with Odom's expiring contract...

DerekRE_3
12-23-2008, 04:37 PM
So you live in Sac/OC and you are a Bobcats fan and you think Gerald Wallace is god?...

Right on dawg

I'm also a Kings fan, and Wallace played in Sac his first 3 years in the league. Then he went to Charlotte, so I started following them, and now I like most of the guys on the Bobcats. There you go...dawg.

Squad13
12-23-2008, 08:11 PM

Right on dawg

Don't mind him, wouldn't you guys want a big exp contract? I'm still unsure about Wallace, he can't shoot the 3 and is injured often.. he is basically a more polished Ariza with much greater shot blocking ablility

JakeDelbreezy
12-24-2008, 08:36 AM
Don't mind him, wouldn't you guys want a big exp contract? I'm still unsure about Wallace, he can't shoot the 3 and is injured often.. he is basically a more polished Ariza with much greater shot blocking ablility

Well a big expiring contract may be nice if we truly felt we could get someone better than Crash. That's my issue with the whole thing. Why trade Crash to get an expiring contract when it's likely you're not going to get anyone better than Wallace with the money from that expiring contract...doesn't make much sense to me. And as far as Wallace, his injury history is his only real concern...his shooting has improved dramatically in recent years...I'm not saying he's going to win the 3 point contest, but I'm not crininging when he takes outside shots anymore...

Storch
12-25-2008, 02:36 PM
I will give you Odom farmar and walton for gwallace and felton. yeah i said it.

king4day
01-06-2009, 02:00 PM
I will give you Odom farmar and walton for gwallace and felton. yeah i said it.

So basically Odom for Wallace.
Walton has a bad contract and won't contribute regularly to any team in the league.
Adding Odom to Mek and Diaw as it is would make this team really crowded.
I could only see that happening if Diaw was then traded to NY for David Lee. Mek, Odom start, Lee off the bench.

king4day
01-06-2009, 02:02 PM
And no one wants to play for the Bobcats. Any trade assets they have must be used wisely. U'd never see Bell or Diaw come here otherwise.
Guys like Boozer or Marion, after this season, won't wanna come to Charlotte. The 14mil expiring contract will come off the books and stay off since no one would come here unless they are overpaid

homestarunner93
01-06-2009, 09:28 PM
And no one wants to play for the Bobcats. Any trade assets they have must be used wisely. U'd never see Bell or Diaw come here otherwise.
Guys like Boozer or Marion, after this season, won't wanna come to Charlotte. The 14mil expiring contract will come off the books and stay off since no one would come here unless they are overpaid

And what makes you say that? Have you heard a player say that?

DerekRE_3
01-06-2009, 09:52 PM

You have a point. Charlotte isn't the biggest market and right now our team isn't that good. If you look at Charlotte's history in the NBA, we haven't signed any big marquee players. Our team was built up through the draft and trades.

king4day
01-06-2009, 10:40 PM
And what makes you say that? Have you heard a player say that?

I just re-read what I had wrote and didn't mean for it to come off the way it did. I was trying to defend the poor trade idea.

Believe me, I want Charlotte to succeed more than any team outside of the Suns.
I've lived here since 05 and wanna see this city have successful sports teams.
But when a team starting out is managed (Jordan) so poorly, players looks at chances of winning and just don't see it.
So no, I haven't heard anyone say that. I really hope I'm wrong.

When u get a couple of guys through trades, it helps become respectable. The Bobcats franchise has yet to be that. They were close until Bernie was removed and they had a setback last year. No one will remember that they improved every season since their expansion year. They will just recall the team that just keeps losing.

When the Hornets were here the crowd never cared how bad the team was, they'd always show up. Players want to play for that. The Bobcat franchise is still trying to get fans to buy in. It's embarrassing going to games and hearing, "Deeeeetroit Baskestballlllll" since it's not even a game in detroit.

I was saying, if Amare doesn't return to Phoenix in 2010, I'd love to see him here. The guy wants to be 'THE MAN' and it doesn't sound like he cares where he does it. That would solve the losing problem as well as the fans not coming.

homestarunner93
01-06-2009, 11:31 PM
Beating the Celtics isn't too bad.

Lakermania33
01-08-2009, 08:33 PM
So basically Odom for Wallace.
Walton has a bad contract and won't contribute regularly to any team in the league.
Adding Odom to Mek and Diaw as it is would make this team really crowded.
I could only see that happening if Diaw was then traded to NY for David Lee. Mek, Odom start, Lee off the bench.

Wow! Great comment about Walton. I wasn't aware that people outside of LA also knew he was crap. lol. #@$&! There goes our chance for another Gasol like trade.

airjesus50
01-11-2009, 09:51 AM
If Lakers get Felton and Wallace than WoW

Felton
Bryant
Wallace
Gasol
Bynum

damn that's sick.........